Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2116296

Subject: "Last Time Brady Had A Pantheon Game In A Big Spot, T.O. Was An Eagle" Previous topic | Next topic
Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 03:01 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Last Time Brady Had A Pantheon Game In A Big Spot, T.O. Was An Eagle"

And that's being generous, because we know there were some factors bigger than Brady in that one.

In fact, my mental rolodex for iconic Brady plays probably starts with a damn tuck in the snow but that's another post.

Be honest & objective with yourselves, it's been a long-ass time since dude really came through & nah, puttin up six TD's on Tebow's team last year don't count.

Outplayed by Joe Flacco in all three of their career playoff matchups.

Outplayed by Mark Sanchez in theirs.

Jake Plummer beat his ass somewhere in there too.

No rings since it really became 'his team'.

Y'all wanna talk about Peyton, talk about it.

But keep it there.

Because I don't ever wanna hear you bitches mention Joe Montana's name in regards to Tom Brady any more than I wanna hear Kobe Bryant fanboys try to front on Magic Johnson.

No......you revisionist, Lyin-Hawaian-speakin-on-what-you-never-saw-dumb-motherfuckas.

GO TO THE GAME TAPE!(c)Tracy Morgan

Magic would never miss the playoffs with three Hall of Famers alongside him.

Joe Montana would never need a Top 3 Defense to squeak out a chance for a 50-yard-field-goal kick to get his chips.

Slap yourselves out that fuckin dream.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Can't really disagree with any of that
Jan 21st 2013
you covered a lot of ground there
Jan 21st 2013
Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady
Jan 21st 2013
And the media's not going to TALK ABOUT but that "slide-kick" on Ed Reed...
Jan 21st 2013
yeah, he was channeling Ty Cobb on that bullshit n/m
Jan 21st 2013
plus Belicheck keeps being outcoached in these games, and his D
Jan 21st 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1eQIusHStU
Jan 21st 2013
he has 3...i believe he'll get another...then what?
Jan 21st 2013
if he gets another OKS will just claim they're cheating again
Jan 21st 2013
I think people will give him credit if he gets another
Jan 21st 2013
No. He was hailed as the GOAT right before 42 nm.
Jan 21st 2013
      have you been on OKS since then?
Jan 21st 2013
RE: he has 3...i believe he'll get another...then what?
Jan 21st 2013
so projecting Peyton for 2 was wrong but 4 for Brady isn't?
Jan 21st 2013
      peyton would have to play 10 more years...that's PROJECTING.
Jan 21st 2013
           absurd is pretending Brady's won shit since he started puttin up numbers
Jan 21st 2013
                no one gonna talk about it because he not a choker. peyton is.
Jan 21st 2013
                     uh-huh
Jan 21st 2013
                          exactly...because once we reach the BOTTOM-LINE, it's an L
Jan 21st 2013
                               not really n/m
Jan 21st 2013
                                    not really? well, how close is it to being reality? another SB win?
Jan 21st 2013
                                         The Montana ship sailed, dude. That ain't happening.
Jan 21st 2013
                                              yeah, you hope it don't...we'll see
Jan 21st 2013
                                                   we will, we're going on nine seasons of that big 'if' tho
Jan 21st 2013
                                                        peyton whole career got an if hovering over it
Jan 21st 2013
                                                             Peyton/Brady is an ongoing debate, Montana/Brady was/is DOA
Jan 22nd 2013
                                                                  on to next year...
Jan 22nd 2013
                                                                       yup, both will likely be in the mix once again
Jan 22nd 2013
Super Bowl XLVI, Brady had a good ass game
Jan 21st 2013
agree that Asante blew it, but Brady did not play well in SB42
Jan 21st 2013
I think he played well considering the D he was up against.
Jan 21st 2013
      Nope. Zero Points & Two Picks In The Second Half. 13 Points Total.
Jan 21st 2013
      What is wrong with you?
Jan 21st 2013
           was talkin about yesterday, dont care about another sub-Eli Super Bowl L
Jan 21st 2013
      the Pats had the most prolific offense of all time that year
Jan 21st 2013
           RE: the Pats had the most prolific offense of all time that year
Jan 21st 2013
Dono choked that one away Brady was avg that game
Jan 22nd 2013
RE: Last Time Brady Had A Pantheon Game In A Big Spot, T.O. Was An Eagle
Jan 21st 2013
Dwight Clark, guy in the NFL 10 years who never made a Pro Bowl pre-Joe?
Jan 21st 2013
      RE: Dwight Clark, guy in the NFL 10 years who never made a Pro Bowl pre-...
Jan 21st 2013
Jan 21st 2013
Jan 21st 2013
Jan 21st 2013
Jan 21st 2013
                     Remind me which of those numbers is greater than 1,000
Jan 21st 2013
                          RE: Remind me which of those numbers is greater than 1,000
Jan 22nd 2013
                               not in any of those still-not-1000-yard-seasons you posted he wasn't
Jan 22nd 2013
Man, the Eagles haven't been good in a while.
Jan 21st 2013
Oh this guy's an Eagles fan? I'm out.
Jan 21st 2013
Raiders Aint Had A Winning Season Since 'In Da Club' Was A Brand New Cut
Jan 21st 2013
      Eagles haven't won a Super Bowl since the term "Super Bowl" was coined
Jan 21st 2013
           http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4w92vrFf01ruxnaho1_500.gif
Jan 21st 2013
           30 years, 50 years, *shrug* Raiders been a punchline for a decade plus
Jan 21st 2013
I actually like Brady, but the "He's better than Montana!" arguments are...
Jan 21st 2013
that's the irony of the peyton vs. brady comparisions
Jan 21st 2013
basically...
Jan 21st 2013
but, see...it's 3 to fucking 1 & a winning postseason vs. a losing one
Jan 21st 2013
      man I hate Brady but this is all that matters... 3 to 1, it's simple
Jan 21st 2013
           http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spygate
Jan 21st 2013
Montana had 3 straight years of playoff one and done's but cook on
Jan 21st 2013
due respect, your qb judgement is suspect
Jan 21st 2013
lol, because ill twist the narrative to support my hometown guy?
Jan 21st 2013
wait, is he my dude who thinks Stafford's good?
Jan 21st 2013
      lol hey i freely admit thats Detroit-driven agenda
Jan 21st 2013
      *gives you the sympathetic fellow four-win-football-team-fan nod*
Jan 21st 2013
           lol...'preciate that *waits till next year*
Jan 21st 2013
      I think that's me. Stafford GOOD. 24 years old, wait it out.
Jan 22nd 2013
           it was actually both of y'all but nah, he ain't really tho
Jan 22nd 2013
                Let's disagree and not argue about it. n/m
Jan 22nd 2013
and all he did after walsh benched him for young was rebound and win
Jan 21st 2013
      hey dont get me wrong, his 88 and 89 playoffs were amazing
Jan 21st 2013
thanks for handling this for me
Jan 21st 2013
Quiet as kept Joe Cool's had a fantastic postseason
Jan 21st 2013
I like the way you think these days, bomb
Jan 21st 2013
This year has been straight QB Armageddon.
Jan 21st 2013
Manning is better, good to see you're on board Bomb
Jan 21st 2013
3-1...nobody ain't even gotta cop pleas for tom..all that happened
Jan 21st 2013
so Trent Dilfer > Dan Marino, got it!
Jan 21st 2013
      yep...y'all mad...we've officially derailed here. i'm out.
Jan 21st 2013
      nah... your reactionary new neck same heart thread is the genesis
Jan 21st 2013
           tom has EARNED the fry cushion he gets because he won THREE
Jan 21st 2013
                do the 3 earn him a PERMANENT fry cushion tho?
Jan 21st 2013
                     maybe when he has a LOSING playoff record
Jan 21st 2013
      ^^^^ GETS IT
Jan 22nd 2013
In both of Mannings Superbowls, 2 touchdowns and
Jan 22nd 2013
AND Jerry Rice is still the single season TD king, fuck Randy Moss
Jan 21st 2013
yup, Reggie White is the single-season sack king too
Jan 21st 2013
      lol
Jan 21st 2013
      LOL @ Strahan needing a gift from Favre & 5 extra games to pass Reggie
Jan 21st 2013
      when you're right, you're right -- another Favre lying/stealing gem
Jan 21st 2013
Jan 21st 2013
Jan 21st 2013
if only their leader was a guy that passes the ball instead of the buck
Jan 22nd 2013
Haha...
Jan 22nd 2013
Jan 22nd 2013
3 rings, is 3 rings, 2 runner ups
Jan 22nd 2013
only a bills fan talks about 'runner-ups'
Jan 22nd 2013
all well & good, the Montana thing is done, just like Kobe over Magic
Jan 22nd 2013
      MONTANA thinks alot of Brady
Jan 23rd 2013
           no argument there
Jan 23rd 2013
This post is like silver linings playbook in text form
Jan 22nd 2013
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18c7tnegnnrskgif/cmt-medium.gif
Jan 22nd 2013
props on being first to implement that perfect GIF on the sports board
Jan 22nd 2013
      i scanned this post twice to make sure i wasn't duplicating the effort
Jan 22nd 2013
Top 10 QB all time.
Jan 22nd 2013
of course he is, would never argue otherwise for him or Peyton
Jan 22nd 2013
      RE: of course he is, would never argue otherwise for him or Peyton
Jan 22nd 2013
The whole squad aint been the same since "Video-Gate"
Jan 22nd 2013

LA2Philly
Member since Oct 18th 2004
41249 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 03:20 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Can't really disagree with any of that"
In response to Reply # 0

Man, this shit only serves to make madder about what could have been. Our one chance and we weren't even on a level playing field. I don't even want to think about it anymore.

---------------------------------
<--The drought is over

"have fun reveling in your pettiness tho" (C) Dula summing up 98% of OKS

"I didnt finish a damn thing...matter of fact I jerked off after she left."
-Kobe speaking to investigators

L D E A

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 06:54 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "you covered a lot of ground there "
In response to Reply # 0

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

ChuckFoPrez
Charter member
47859 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 06:54 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady"
In response to Reply # 0

Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady Montana Brady

https://twitter.com/chuck4prez

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 07:59 AM

4. "And the media's not going to TALK ABOUT but that "slide-kick" on Ed Reed..."
In response to Reply # 0

was horseshit and that fucker should be fine.
Between that and Belicheat blowing off the media shows what classless organization that is.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 09:41 AM

19. "yeah, he was channeling Ty Cobb on that bullshit n/m"
In response to Reply # 4

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 08:58 AM

5. "plus Belicheck keeps being outcoached in these games, and his D"
In response to Reply # 0

is shit... When will his pass end? Every year the Pats get a A+ draft grade by all the so-called "experts" and every year their defense still SUCKS... If you take away Brady throwing it around the field what has Belicheck done as a coach that has been so amazing?

What is annoying though is thanks to the Jets going into rebuild mode, LB's Phins being the biggest joke in the league for a decade running, and the Bills, the Pats will still go 12-4 next year

El_essence
Charter member
24899 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 09:18 AM

6. "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1eQIusHStU"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1eQIusHStU

Basaglia
Member since Nov 30th 2004
49463 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 09:22 AM

7. "he has 3...i believe he'll get another...then what?"
In response to Reply # 0

this is scavenger posting at its best.

Steph: I was just fooling about

Kyrie: I wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU_yE

pretentious username
Member since Jun 18th 2010
12488 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 09:25 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "if he gets another OKS will just claim they're cheating again"
In response to Reply # 7

so don't bother arguing with these clowns, they've set this agenda up to where they can't lose.

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 09:26 AM

13. "I think people will give him credit if he gets another"
In response to Reply # 9

but the reality is he's been a pedestrian qb in the postseason since his last chip, that's indisputable...

RaFromQueens
Member since Apr 18th 2006
19528 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 02:24 PM

54. "No. He was hailed as the GOAT right before 42 nm."
In response to Reply # 9

---
"People that need positivity around them all the time are weak individuals in my book" - @lilduval

pretentious username
12488 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 02:56 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
63. "have you been on OKS since then?"
In response to Reply # 54

cause the "spygate is over and that's why they can't win another" and the "they're still cheating" group is basically the same people. makes no sense.

Ish
Member since May 07th 2011
2028 posts

12. "RE: he has 3...i believe he'll get another...then what?"
In response to Reply # 7

And has been to 5 Superbowls....lol, I mean come on.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 09:37 AM

16. "so projecting Peyton for 2 was wrong but 4 for Brady isn't?"
In response to Reply # 7

either way he still ain't seeing Joe, if Peyton gets 2 he still better and nothing in your reply changes any of the facts in the OG post.

Brady choked way worse than Peyton versus this Raven team yesterday and Brady ain't won shit nor done shit in a big game since he became a Top 5 QB statistically.

Basaglia
49463 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 09:46 AM

20. "peyton would have to play 10 more years...that's PROJECTING."
In response to Reply # 16

brady gets to superbowls and AFC title games OFTEN...so, you can project, without being ABSURD, #4.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 10:00 AM

27. "absurd is pretending Brady's won shit since he started puttin up numbers"
In response to Reply # 20

Why would I project a guy who since that point has been outplayed in the playoffs by Flacco three times, Eli twice, Jake Plummer & Mark Sanchez since that point (with no great postseason performances of importance since) is just suddenly gonna win another Super Bowl when he hasn't won one since two years before Peyton last did?

That same guy whose team won 11 games without him compared to Peyton's 2?

Denver was better this year, made a far better showing against the same team and they'll prolly be better again next year.

9.5 point favorite turned L. At home. No points & two picks in the money half.

Choke job that no one will talk about per usual.

Basaglia
49463 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 10:08 AM

31. "no one gonna talk about it because he not a choker. peyton is. "
In response to Reply # 27

i mean, peyton got a losing postseason record. brady don't. it's that simple.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 10:14 AM

34. "uh-huh"
In response to Reply # 31

Basaglia
49463 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 10:33 AM

36. "exactly...because once we reach the BOTTOM-LINE, it's an L"
In response to Reply # 34

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 02:52 PM

62. "not really n/m"
In response to Reply # 36

Basaglia
49463 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 02:58 PM

65. "not really? well, how close is it to being reality? another SB win?"
In response to Reply # 62
Mon Jan-21-13 02:59 PM by Basaglia

if tom get another SB, we talkin about him vs. joe and johnny, dogg...not him and some damn peyton manning.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 03:08 PM

66. "The Montana ship sailed, dude. That ain't happening. "
In response to Reply # 65

I don't give him any more chance of winning a fourth than I do of Peyton winning a second (which would clearly make him better given all the other variables).

In fact, I give him less of a chance just like he had less of a game versus the same opponent in consecutive weeks.

Shit Big Ben might get three soon & nobody's dumb enough to say he's in a Joe Montana conversation.

Basaglia
49463 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 03:23 PM

70. "yeah, you hope it don't...we'll see"
In response to Reply # 66

if he wins four outta 6 with his numbers...lmao...yeah...you hopin hard.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 04:06 PM

76. "we will, we're going on nine seasons of that big 'if' tho"
In response to Reply # 70

meanwhile what we are seeing is Brady continually getting outplayed in big games since he became a Top 5-rated passer & lost a Top 3 defense.

Basaglia
49463 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 04:16 PM

79. "peyton whole career got an if hovering over it"
In response to Reply # 76

and what's sad is, peyton would be a God and prolly the GOAT if brady wasn't here to put all the hyperbole into perspective.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 12:43 PM

89. "Peyton/Brady is an ongoing debate, Montana/Brady was/is DOA"
In response to Reply # 79

Basaglia
49463 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 12:58 PM

93. "on to next year..."
In response to Reply # 89

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 02:25 PM

96. "yup, both will likely be in the mix once again "
In response to Reply # 93

Ish
2028 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 09:22 AM

8. "Super Bowl XLVI, Brady had a good ass game"
In response to Reply # 0

It was the defense that lost them the game. Even in Super Bowl 42, Brady threw that touchdown to Moss that should of sealed the game but once again, the defense fucked it up. Not only did Asante Samuel let an interception go right threw his hands, David Tyree caught a ball with one hand. It's the defense that's been shit since Ty Law left. The offense can mask for just so long.

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts

11. "agree that Asante blew it, but Brady did not play well in SB42"
In response to Reply # 8

The Pats did not attack the Ravens where they should have, throwing deep! that's on The playcalling (mcdickhead) the personnel (belicheat) and the qb

>It was the defense that lost them the game. Even in Super
>Bowl 42, Brady threw that touchdown to Moss that should of
>sealed the game but once again, the defense fucked it up. Not
>only did Asante Samuel let an interception go right threw his
>hands, David Tyree caught a ball with one hand. It's the
>defense that's been shit since Ty Law left. The offense can
>mask for just so long.

Ish
2028 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 09:30 AM

14. "I think he played well considering the D he was up against."
In response to Reply # 11

The Giants shut down Maroney so he had to throw the whole game. And not only did Asante fuck up, Adalius Thomas failed to wrap Manning on the 4th down. It's the defense, it's been the defense. They suck.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts

17. "Nope. Zero Points & Two Picks In The Second Half. 13 Points Total."
In response to Reply # 14

another shitty performance, another playoff game where the supposed GOAT gets outplayed by Joe Flacco (three out of three for those scoring at home).

Ish
2028 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 10:04 AM

29. "What is wrong with you?"
In response to Reply # 17

>another shitty performance, another playoff game where the
>supposed GOAT gets outplayed by Joe Flacco (three out of three
>for those scoring at home).

You letting your emotions out in your typing. We are talking about the Giants and Pats in superbowl 42. Brady had 1 touchdown and 0 interceptions.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 10:12 AM

33. "was talkin about yesterday, dont care about another sub-Eli Super Bowl L"
In response to Reply # 29
Mon Jan-21-13 10:14 AM by Bombastic

so my apologies for missing that by not reading.

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 09:48 AM

22. "the Pats had the most prolific offense of all time that year"
In response to Reply # 14

he played like shit in that super bowl, he played scared

Ish
2028 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 10:00 AM

28. "RE: the Pats had the most prolific offense of all time that year"
In response to Reply # 22

>he played like shit in that super bowl, he played scared

I agree that he played scared but I don't think he played like shit. He could of been better though.

JAESCOTT777
Member since Feb 18th 2006
28487 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 09:25 AM

86. "Dono choked that one away Brady was avg that game "
In response to Reply # 8

Eagles should have won by at least 14

Ish
2028 posts

10. "RE: Last Time Brady Had A Pantheon Game In A Big Spot, T.O. Was An Eagle"
In response to Reply # 0

>Joe Montana would never need a Top 3 Defense to squeak out a
>chance for a 50-yard-field-goal kick to get his chips.

Not when you have Jerry Rice and Dwight Clark.....lol.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 09:31 AM

15. "Dwight Clark, guy in the NFL 10 years who never made a Pro Bowl pre-Joe?"
In response to Reply # 10

Jerry, the guy Joe won two titles without after resurrecting a historically terrible franchise before he got there?

K.

Ish
2028 posts

18. "RE: Dwight Clark, guy in the NFL 10 years who never made a Pro Bowl pre-..."
In response to Reply # 15

So now Dwight Clark and Jerry Rice weren't a significant in Joe Montana's success as a quarterback? So he would of put up those same numbers with Deion Branch and David Givens?

Ish
2028 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 09:46 AM

21. "RE: Dwight Clark, guy in the NFL 10 years who never made a Pro Bowl pre-..."
In response to Reply # 18

When he won his 1st superbowl, he ran in for the touchdown. When they played Miami, Montana threw 2 touchdown passes to running backs, and ran one in.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 09:49 AM

23. "RE: Dwight Clark, guy in the NFL 10 years who never made a Pro Bowl pre-..."
In response to Reply # 18

>So now Dwight Clark and Jerry Rice weren't a significant in
>Joe Montana's success as a quarterback?

The Catch has you gassed. Dwight Clark has one 1000+ yard season in his career & made two Pro Bowls due largely to the fact Joe was under center.

Jerry was the greatest but he got two before he even got there.

Nobody said his teammates were garbage, so I don't need to battle that strawman.

So he would of put up
>those same numbers with Deion Branch and David Givens?

Deion Branch at his peak was about even with Dwight Clark, Jerry was great.

Joe also blew the fucking doors off teams with Jerry while Brady was eeking out field-goal-assisted Super Bowl wins over Jake Dellomme with the best defense in the league.

Ish
2028 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 09:59 AM

25. "RE: Dwight Clark, guy in the NFL 10 years who never made a Pro Bowl pre-..."
In response to Reply # 23

>>So now Dwight Clark and Jerry Rice weren't a significant in
>>Joe Montana's success as a quarterback?
>
>The Catch has you gassed. Dwight Clark has one 1000+ yard
>season in his career & made two Pro Bowls due largely to the
>fact Joe was under center.

Dwight Clark had a 991, 913, 840 and 880.

>Jerry was the greatest but he got two before he even got
>there.

That wasn't my question.

>Nobody said his teammates were garbage, so I don't need to
>battle that strawman.

I didn't say that you did. I said Jerry Rice and Dwight Clark were HUGE in his success. 41 and 55 touchdowns respectively.

>So he would of put up
>>those same numbers with Deion Branch and David Givens?
>
>Deion Branch at his peak was about even with Dwight Clark,
>Jerry was great.

Lmao......stop it.

>Joe also blew the fucking doors off teams with Jerry while
>Brady was eeking out field-goal-assisted Super Bowl wins over
>Jake Dellomme with the best defense in the league.

The Pats were not the best defense but Montana did blow out Denver and Miami.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 10:10 AM

32. "RE: Dwight Clark, guy in the NFL 10 years who never made a Pro Bowl pre-..."
In response to Reply # 25

>>>So now Dwight Clark and Jerry Rice weren't a significant
>in
>>>Joe Montana's success as a quarterback?
>>
>>The Catch has you gassed. Dwight Clark has one 1000+ yard
>>season in his career & made two Pro Bowls due largely to the
>>fact Joe was under center.
>
>Dwight Clark had a 991, 913, 840 and 880.
>
so?

>>Jerry was the greatest but he got two before he even got
>>there.
>
>That wasn't my question.
>
>>Nobody said his teammates were garbage, so I don't need to
>>battle that strawman.
>
>I didn't say that you did. I said Jerry Rice and Dwight Clark
>were HUGE in his success. 41 and 55 touchdowns respectively.
>
and?

>
>>So he would of put up
>>>those same numbers with Deion Branch and David Givens?
>>
>>Deion Branch at his peak was about even with Dwight Clark,
>>Jerry was great.
>
>Lmao......stop it.
>
*shrugs*

pretty easy to make the argument.

>>Joe also blew the fucking doors off teams with Jerry while
>>Brady was eeking out field-goal-assisted Super Bowl wins
>over
>>Jake Dellomme with the best defense in the league.
>
>The Pats were not the best defense but Montana did blow out
>Denver and Miami.

They were actually the #1 D in the season I referenced & Brady only blows out Tebow.

magilla vanilla
Member since Sep 13th 2002
18728 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 12:56 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
47. "Remind me which of those numbers is greater than 1,000"
In response to Reply # 25

>Dwight Clark had a 991, 913, 840 and 880.

---------------------------------
Photo zine(some images NSFW): http://bit.ly/USaSPhoto

"This (and every, actually) conversation needs more Chesterton and less Mike Francesa." - Walleye

Ish
2028 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 03:21 PM

100. "RE: Remind me which of those numbers is greater than 1,000"
In response to Reply # 47
Tue Jan-22-13 03:21 PM by Ish

He was a good wideout and he was lined up with the goat.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 04:40 PM

103. "not in any of those still-not-1000-yard-seasons you posted he wasn't"
In response to Reply # 100

Once GOAT came in he was a couple 700-yard-seasons & then retired.

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 09:51 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
24. "Man, the Eagles haven't been good in a while. "
In response to Reply # 0

(that's what I got from this)

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

Ish
2028 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 09:59 AM

26. "Oh this guy's an Eagles fan? I'm out."
In response to Reply # 24

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 10:06 AM

30. "Raiders Aint Had A Winning Season Since 'In Da Club' Was A Brand New Cut"
In response to Reply # 24

(that's what I got from your reply)

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 10:31 AM

35. "Eagles haven't won a Super Bowl since the term "Super Bowl" was coined"
In response to Reply # 30

(that's what I got from your reply to my reply)

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

themaddfapper
Member since Mar 09th 2010
7558 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 12:04 PM

41. "http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4w92vrFf01ruxnaho1_500.gif"
In response to Reply # 35

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4w92vrFf01ruxnaho1_500.gif

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 02:49 PM

59. "30 years, 50 years, *shrug* Raiders been a punchline for a decade plus"
In response to Reply # 35

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44687 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 11:14 AM

37. "I actually like Brady, but the "He's better than Montana!" arguments are..."
In response to Reply # 0

...beyond asinine and have been proven false fairly regularly at this point.

Brady is Brady, and that's a HOF QB and probably in the top 5 to play the position. But he's not, never has been, and never will be Montana. Nothing wrong with that.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

southphillyman
Member since Oct 22nd 2003
90059 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 11:59 AM

38. "that's the irony of the peyton vs. brady comparisions"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Jan-21-13 12:01 PM by southphillyman

the last 8 yrs of bradys career done been one long choke fest essentially
barnwell brought up the fact that for whatever reason ppl prioritize choking early in a players career higher than choking late in a career.....and used brady as the case study lol
shit at least peyton chip was more recent
even the 3 rings thing is handicapped by the spygate thing + the fact brady was essentially a game manager back then
like you said since dude has been the man the end results have been Ls

~~~~~~

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 12:01 PM

39. "basically..."
In response to Reply # 38

>the last 8 yrs of bradys career done been one long choke fest
>essentially
>barnwell brought up the fact that for whatever reason ppl
>prioritize choking early in a players career higher than
>choking late in a career.....and use brady as the case study
>lol
>shit at least peyton chip was more recent
>even the 3 rings thing is handicapped by the spygate thing +
>the fact brady was essentially a game manager back then
>like you said since dude has been the man the end results have
>been Ls
>

Basaglia
49463 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 12:03 PM

40. "but, see...it's 3 to fucking 1 & a winning postseason vs. a losing one"
In response to Reply # 38
Mon Jan-21-13 12:04 PM by Basaglia

i mean, there is a FINAL tally and then there's just rhetoric.

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 12:06 PM

42. "man I hate Brady but this is all that matters... 3 to 1, it's simple"
In response to Reply # 40

theprofessional
Charter member
8761 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 12:33 PM

44. "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spygate"
In response to Reply # 42

"i smack clowns with nouns, punch herbs with verbs..."

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35207 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 12:31 PM

43. "Montana had 3 straight years of playoff one and done's but cook on"
In response to Reply # 0

themaddfapper
Member since Mar 09th 2010
7558 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 12:54 PM

46. "due respect, your qb judgement is suspect"
In response to Reply # 43

cgonz00cc
35207 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 01:05 PM

48. "lol, because ill twist the narrative to support my hometown guy?"
In response to Reply # 46

that just makes a homer

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 02:51 PM

60. "wait, is he my dude who thinks Stafford's good?"
In response to Reply # 46

cgonz00cc
35207 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 03:10 PM

67. "lol hey i freely admit thats Detroit-driven agenda"
In response to Reply # 60

this year was epically damaging for that

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 03:13 PM

68. "*gives you the sympathetic fellow four-win-football-team-fan nod*"
In response to Reply # 67

>this year was epically damaging for that

cgonz00cc
35207 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 03:17 PM

69. "lol...'preciate that *waits till next year*"
In response to Reply # 68

Jayson Willyams
Member since Nov 18th 2004
3260 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 12:48 PM

90. "I think that's me. Stafford GOOD. 24 years old, wait it out."
In response to Reply # 60

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 12:54 PM

91. "it was actually both of y'all but nah, he ain't really tho"
In response to Reply # 90

Jayson Willyams
Member since Nov 18th 2004
3260 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 02:23 PM

95. "Let's disagree and not argue about it. n/m"
In response to Reply # 91

Flash80
Member since Jan 03rd 2007
6953 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 02:17 PM

51. "and all he did after walsh benched him for young was rebound and win"
In response to Reply # 43
Mon Jan-21-13 02:20 PM by Flash80

two chips in a row.

didn't tommy and the pats get bounced outta their first playoff game in '09 and '10?

pretty sure montana's still the benchmark of how GOAT big game qb'ing is measured, pass-happy league or no pass-happy league, salary cap or no salary cap.

cgonz00cc
35207 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 02:21 PM

53. "hey dont get me wrong, his 88 and 89 playoffs were amazing"
In response to Reply # 51

but lets not act like he never nutted up in the playoffs

Beamer6178
Member since Jan 09th 2006
6375 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 12:41 PM

45. "thanks for handling this for me"
In response to Reply # 0

So i didnt have to address that better than montana bullshit

micMajestic
Charter member
22938 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 01:46 PM

49. "Quiet as kept Joe Cool's had a fantastic postseason"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Jan-21-13 01:57 PM by micMajestic

Manning and Rodgers were stalled and Brady slipped a rung.
This last half a decade of playoff Brady has been a fun watch. He's been given every opportunity to be clutch but he just doesn't get it done. No matter how much the networks try to boost him up, the tension isn't even there.

cereffusion
Charter member
29598 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 02:04 PM

50. "I like the way you think these days, bomb"
In response to Reply # 0

And I got a feeling we going to get some Lance Armstrong-level shit on spygate once some retired player needs some extra money.

RaFromQueens
19528 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 02:19 PM

52. "This year has been straight QB Armageddon."
In response to Reply # 0

I don't know what to make of any of it after last year especially. I'm sure someone will declare it the start of some kind of new era though.

---
"People that need positivity around them all the time are weak individuals in my book" - @lilduval

HecticHavoc
Member since May 13th 2005
7591 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 02:25 PM

55. "Manning is better, good to see you're on board Bomb"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Jan-21-13 02:26 PM by HecticHavoc

this 'final tally 3-1' shit is not the totality of the argument.

Peyton easily has the more impressive career
Brady is an elite game manager and with a 14-point-allowing defense, he'll get you a super bowl

but if Brady is asked to go out and put up 28 points in a meaningful game since after i left high school? uuhh... L

man that fucking bullshit 70 yard TD that Denver gave up, up 7 with 30 seconds left... MOTHERFUCKING SAFETY...

anyway. Its Manning.

Brady had zero TDs and 2 INTs at home in the AFC Championship. would've loved to hear ya'll talk about it had Manning pulled that.

-----------------------------------------

Basaglia
49463 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 02:42 PM

56. "3-1...nobody ain't even gotta cop pleas for tom..all that happened"
In response to Reply # 55

and it's STILL 3-1 and a winning playoff record vs. 1-3 with a LOSING playoff record.

HecticHavoc
7591 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 02:44 PM

57. "so Trent Dilfer > Dan Marino, got it!"
In response to Reply # 56

Basaglia
49463 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 02:45 PM

58. "yep...y'all mad...we've officially derailed here. i'm out. "
In response to Reply # 57

HecticHavoc
7591 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 02:51 PM

61. "nah... your reactionary new neck same heart thread is the genesis"
In response to Reply # 58
Mon Jan-21-13 02:54 PM by HecticHavoc

of this entire derailment

you let that game FINALLY DETERMINE THIS DEBATE?

no. you are trying to allow it, to insulate yourself from that horrific, not-even-180-passing-yards performance Brady put up last night.

like i said, if Manning pulled that laughable performance against Baltimore he would've been SHREDDED. by you and the media. Tom will probably get a pass again, because hey, he was really good at driving to the 35 yard line so Vinatieri could win the game for him.

this shit aint fabricated, and im only mad about Denver losing to Baltimore.

its all good, this debate is not 'over', i respect Mannings career over Brady and there is no thorough analysis proving one over the other, YET.

u cant dispute anything Bomb or myself has posted, and i admit i cant dispute the '3-1 its OVER!'ring argument.

but Trent Dilfer has more rings than Marino, gotta look at the whole picture. regular season success gotta mean something, if Brady's 45 yard drives in playoff games when the game is tied 14-14 mean that much to you.

Basaglia
49463 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 02:57 PM

64. "tom has EARNED the fry cushion he gets because he won THREE"
In response to Reply # 61

and he been to FIVE...y'all so mad you can't see this. the media and most unbiased fans not gonna go as far as they in calling tom a choker as they do in callin peyton a choker. why is that? because they like tom better? no, dogg...he's got more credibility than peyton. simply and plain.

dula dibiasi
Member since Apr 05th 2004
21925 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 03:46 PM

73. "do the 3 earn him a PERMANENT fry cushion tho?"
In response to Reply # 64

like, is there a statute of limitations?

them shits was a while ago, young.

>and he been to FIVE...y'all so mad you can't see this. the
>media and most unbiased fans not gonna go as far as they in
>calling tom a choker as they do in callin peyton a choker. why
>is that? because they like tom better? no, dogg...he's got
>more credibility than peyton. simply and plain.

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

Basaglia
49463 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 04:02 PM

74. "maybe when he has a LOSING playoff record"
In response to Reply # 73

as it stands, he's 17 and 7...more than 2:1 winning, dogg. stop this MADness.

and he was just in the superbowl LAST YEAR.

see, people who shit on peyton ain't gotta split hairs--or HALVES, or quarters or PLAYS, and they damn sure ain't gotta split up his CAREER, to question his toughness, resolve and poise in tight spots.

he got a losing record and a rack of win-costing fuckups for people to pick on. the absolute bottomline is...tom don't have AS MANY. in fact, he has WAY LESS.

it really is that simple.

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132212 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 06:23 PM

104. "^^^^ GETS IT"
In response to Reply # 57

granted, I think as far as being QBs, the ONLY QB of this generation that compares to Peyton is Tom Brady and vice versa. Brees slowly knocking on that door.

but "rings trumps all" is bullshit.

especially since Tom Brady didn't become QB GOD until AFTER they started losing in the playoffs

Ish
2028 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 03:19 PM

99. "In both of Mannings Superbowls, 2 touchdowns and "
In response to Reply # 55

2 interceptions, and he's better than Brady?

celery77
Member since Aug 04th 2005
25307 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 03:36 PM

71. "AND Jerry Rice is still the single season TD king, fuck Randy Moss"
In response to Reply # 0

HOPE!
https://vine.co/v/i7JjIBL3Qix
https://vine.co/v/i7JtqEFwxDu

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 03:38 PM

72. "yup, Reggie White is the single-season sack king too"
In response to Reply # 71

RaFromQueens
19528 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 04:03 PM

75. "lol"
In response to Reply # 72

---

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 04:08 PM

77. "LOL @ Strahan needing a gift from Favre & 5 extra games to pass Reggie"
In response to Reply # 75

celery77
Member since Aug 04th 2005
25307 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 04:10 PM

78. "when you're right, you're right -- another Favre lying/stealing gem"
In response to Reply # 72

is there ANYTHING Brett Favre's drug-addled, fun-addicted fucking brain got *right* during his post-SB years in the NFL?

HOPE!
https://vine.co/v/i7JjIBL3Qix
https://vine.co/v/i7JtqEFwxDu

cereffusion
Charter member
29598 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 10:50 PM

80. "RE: Last Time Brady Had A Pantheon Game In A Big Spot, T.O. Was An Eagle"
In response to Reply # 0

http://qkme.me/3snn71

jimaveli
Charter member
6586 posts
Mon Jan-21-13 11:25 PM

81. "RE: Last Time Brady Had A Pantheon Game In A Big Spot, T.O. Was An Eagle"
In response to Reply # 0

>Magic would never miss the playoffs with three Hall of Famers
>alongside him.
>

Not unless all of those HOFers were bitches who were playing as shells of themselves with coaches changing in a bad organization with a shallow supporting cast in a league with more talent overall and younger, better players...oops...

>Joe Montana would never need a Top 3 Defense to squeak out a
>chance for a 50-yard-field-goal kick to get his chips.
>

I'll let you have that one.

I do NOT like the arguments of playoff records and SB chips defining QB legacies. Obviously, I play along like everyone else in order to have conversations about QB legacies...but...to be clear...I'm a much bigger fan of dissecting the play of QBs in the playoffs and SB games to decide my opinions.

Like...to me...Kurtis Warner > Peyton in the playoffs. Not worlds better cuz Kurt wasn't above throwing a pick either, but better. Crazy stats, less folding/fading/flaking, take the hit man throws and jackass drives, etc. And I'd have to look, but I'm not so sure he isn't in a conversation with Brady too. Tommy HAS been worked by Baltimore repeatedly. But this gets into my theory about Tommy and Peyton being cats who can only win games presnap. When they can't win that way, their general lack of adlib wit and/or athleticism KILLS them. REGULARLY. On the other hand, that ability propells Big Ben. If he played on a team that cut him loose with talent, he'd be a statistical monster. As it stands, he gets yards in chunks, tends to convert big plays in big moments, and 1 of his 2 SBs (the Arizona one) is mostly on his arm. The D couldn't deal with Warner and Larry down the stretch but Ben made play after play to get the Steelers down the field. And that throw to Santonio? Holmes is still getting paid off of that.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 12:14 AM

82. "if only their leader was a guy that passes the ball instead of the buck"
In response to Reply # 81

>>Magic would never miss the playoffs with three Hall of
>Famers
>>alongside him.
>>
>
>Not unless all of those HOFers were bitches who were playing
>as shells of themselves with coaches changing in a bad
>organization with a shallow supporting cast in a league with
>more talent overall and younger, better players...oops...
>
>

jimaveli
Charter member
6586 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 09:17 AM

85. "Haha..."
In response to Reply # 82

You win there. Kobe is great but he's a corrosive ballhog when the funk hits the fan. He still needs to be coached, reminded, babysat, etc. I just think it is more obvious in his case because he's had different coaches and The Laker organization has changed quite a bit too. AND he's playing in an era where your shitty draws get shown because of coverage volume, ex-players talking more openly, etc. And Feel selling him out to sell books and his own mystique of brilliance didn't help either. AND...its kinda naked eye obvious but folks don't wanna see it cuz he's a great player with rangs, ridiculous individual performances stacked up, etc.

Still...them other cats are outlandishly flawed players in an NBA that has 'better' and younger star players with less fatal or at least less obvious weaknesses. Pau is a bitch who is stuck in the middle of a mess who probably won't ever get used properly so that him being a bitch wouldn't be so horrible...obviously. Dwight is a celebrity bball player with childlike poise who can't make free throws or short jumpers when he can't pounce on the basket...obviously. And Steve Nash is a brittle damn near 40-year old who is undersized. He also plays matador defense and hasn't played in intensely competitive/important NBA games in half a decade...somewhat obviously. And D'Antoni is a celebrity coach with a gimmick style that requires hella horses to run. And them mules they have in purple and gold can't run it.

Jimaveli

>>>Magic would never miss the playoffs with three Hall of
>>Famers
>>>alongside him.
>>>
>>
>>Not unless all of those HOFers were bitches who were playing
>>as shells of themselves with coaches changing in a bad
>>organization with a shallow supporting cast in a league with
>>more talent overall and younger, better players...oops...
>>
>>

Ish
2028 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 03:23 PM

101. "RE: Last Time Brady Had A Pantheon Game In A Big Spot, T.O. Was An Eagle"
In response to Reply # 81

>
>Like...to me...Kurtis Warner > Peyton in the playoffs. Not
>worlds better cuz Kurt wasn't above throwing a pick either,
>but better. Crazy stats, less folding/fading/flaking, take the
>hit man throws and jackass drives, etc. And I'd have to look,
>but I'm not so sure he isn't in a conversation with Brady too.
>Tommy HAS been worked by Baltimore repeatedly. But this gets
>into my theory about Tommy and Peyton being cats who can only
>win games presnap. When they can't win that way, their general
>lack of adlib wit and/or athleticism KILLS them. REGULARLY. On
>the other hand, that ability propells Big Ben. If he played on
>a team that cut him loose with talent, he'd be a statistical
>monster. As it stands, he gets yards in chunks, tends to
>convert big plays in big moments, and 1 of his 2 SBs (the
>Arizona one) is mostly on his arm. The D couldn't deal with
>Warner and Larry down the stretch but Ben made play after play
>to get the Steelers down the field. And that throw to
>Santonio? Holmes is still getting paid off of that.
>

Great point! Never looked at it this way.

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 03:53 AM

83. "3 rings, is 3 rings, 2 runner ups"
In response to Reply # 0

3 trips to the afc championship game in the past 5 years

mvp season,

afc east champions.

what part of dominance am i missing?

and he is better at what he has done than Kobe Bryant imo.

brady ain't hardly had no all pro running backs. a randy moss for 2 years and you saw results.

i know how badd brady and crew are as a Buffalo bills fan.

brady still chasing or breaking records.

ain't his fault Wes Welker got Crisco grease on his hands ole butterfangers jive turkey.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

cereffusion
Charter member
29598 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 11:07 AM

87. "only a bills fan talks about 'runner-ups'"
In response to Reply # 83

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 12:42 PM

88. "all well & good, the Montana thing is done, just like Kobe over Magic"
In response to Reply # 83

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Wed Jan-23-13 12:02 AM

107. "MONTANA thinks alot of Brady"
In response to Reply # 88

and Brady is a Beast period. regardless of what happens next he made a huge mark and statement.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Wed Jan-23-13 12:03 AM

108. "no argument there"
In response to Reply # 107

>and Brady is a Beast period. regardless of what happens next
>he made a huge mark and statement.

IceburgSmurf
Member since May 17th 2008
4724 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 06:37 AM

84. "This post is like silver linings playbook in text form"
In response to Reply # 0

all that typing to say we the eagles fanbase still hates brady, wishes we won a superbowl and even more inexplicaply wish we had the sack record and wish the pats had beat the giants in SB42.

Only thing missing is a doc claw rant on Eli lol

thejerseytornado
Member since Dec 24th 2005
26422 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 12:56 PM

92. "http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18c7tnegnnrskgif/cmt-medium.gif"
In response to Reply # 0

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18c7tnegnnrskgif/cmt-medium.gif

-----------
It's only funny till someone gets mad. Then it's hilarious.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 01:01 PM

94. "props on being first to implement that perfect GIF on the sports board"
In response to Reply # 92
Tue Jan-22-13 01:01 PM by Bombastic

I knew it couldn't be out there for more than 24 hours without someone doing so.

thejerseytornado
Member since Dec 24th 2005
26422 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 03:26 PM

102. "i scanned this post twice to make sure i wasn't duplicating the effort"
In response to Reply # 94

shocked it wasn't here earlier.

-----------
It's only funny till someone gets mad. Then it's hilarious.

smutsboy
Member since Jun 29th 2002
33301 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 02:26 PM

97. "Top 10 QB all time."
In response to Reply # 0

Wins another super bowl, he'll be objectively higher on this list.

Everything else is talking head nonsense.

https://i.imgur.com/ZkkZekl.gif

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 02:30 PM

98. "of course he is, would never argue otherwise for him or Peyton"
In response to Reply # 97

just leave Montana out of this like Kobe & the 2013 postseason.

pretentious username
12488 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 07:11 PM

105. "RE: of course he is, would never argue otherwise for him or Peyton"
In response to Reply # 98
Tue Jan-22-13 07:11 PM by pretentious username

just for the record, i'd say SB42 temporarily deaded the Montana comparisons (if he wins 2 after this i would entertain them again), but can you really blame people for entertaining them prematurely? he won 3 in his first 4 seasons starting. even as mostly a game manager that's still crazy.

low2behold
Member since Jan 05th 2006
19165 posts
Tue Jan-22-13 07:25 PM

106. "The whole squad aint been the same since "Video-Gate""
In response to Reply # 0

-------------
IG: mike_gx
-------------

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2116296 Previous topic | Next topic