Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2341946

Subject: "2014 BK Nets Offseason Post" Previous topic | Next topic
SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Sat Jun-21-14 09:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"2014 BK Nets Offseason Post"

Didn't see an offseason post so might as well make one since they have a lot of question marks.

Blatche opted out.

Livingston is a free agent and the Nets can only offer him 3 years, 10 million. After his play this past season, I could see him getting more than that.

Pierce is a FA. Some talk of him returning to Boston or heading home to LA to join Doc and the Clippers.

And now they are in talks with Cleveland to ship out Marcus Thornton for Jarrett Jack. Good move for them to shore up the backup PG spot in case Livingston bolts and Jack is just better IMO.
Not sure why Cleveland does it unless they are set on moving Dion Waiters. Thornton's kind of a slightly worse version of Dion; I think Jack makes more sense alongside Kyrie even if he wasn't able to duplicate his GSt numbers this past season.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Decisions, decisions
Jun 22nd 2014
oh yeah, Joe Jeesus earned that bread
Jun 22nd 2014
      AK47 has a player option
Jun 22nd 2014
Jason Kidd - building on a good foundation
Jun 22nd 2014
RE: Jason Kidd - building on a good foundation
Jul 02nd 2014
if The Jack/Thornton deal happens, I'd assume they know S.Liv is out
Jun 23rd 2014
AK47 is returning to the Nets
Jun 23rd 2014
Kidd's failed coup (swipe)
Jun 29th 2014
Only a 2nd rounder? nets better pry a 1st rounder or rights to swap
Jun 29th 2014
      I'd like to agree but they really dont
Jun 29th 2014
      reassign him like frank...go get mark jackson
Jun 29th 2014
           seems like nets are fighting for the 1st rounder. Bucks don't
Jun 30th 2014
      NBA should charge Bucks with tampering
Jun 29th 2014
           there's no tampering as the nets granted permission
Jun 29th 2014
                RE: there's no tampering as the nets granted permission
Jun 29th 2014
                     what specifically did mil do that falls under tampering?
Jun 29th 2014
BK next coach?
Jun 29th 2014
Mark Jackson
Jun 29th 2014
      No Way Mark Jackson
Jun 29th 2014
           How is Mark Jackson homophobic?
Jun 29th 2014
                might have something to do with his homophobic comments iono.
Jul 02nd 2014
                     ^^
Jul 04th 2014
Shaun Livingston will be gone
Jun 29th 2014
Real GM broke the Kidd story two days before anyone else
Jun 29th 2014
well he said he has inside sources and he probably does lol
Jul 02nd 2014
Young God off to GSW
Jul 02nd 2014
Sad to see Livingston go. But my man says I shouldn't even be
Jul 02nd 2014
Damn smh. Dude balled out for us
Jul 03rd 2014
No Extension for Blatche
Jul 02nd 2014
Nets finalizing deal with lionel hollins
Jul 02nd 2014
He was great for the Grizz
Jul 02nd 2014
      i wish more coaches were as open as hollins after they get canned
Jul 02nd 2014
      Hollins confirmed as Nets coach
Jul 02nd 2014
Bojan Bogdanovic signed for mMLE on three year contract
Jul 08th 2014
Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev to the Nets
Jul 09th 2014
The Truth Will Out (Pierce to Wizards)
Jul 14th 2014
Management and Ownership have no clue what they are doing
Jul 14th 2014

Rolo_Tomasi
Member since Jan 29th 2004
1140 posts
Sun Jun-22-14 04:44 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Decisions, decisions"
In response to Reply # 0

Yup, we've got some decisions to make.

Livingston might not stay with the Nets but I can't see too many teams offering him more than $10m/3 years because he can't shoot from distance. He really suited the Nets system and played great defence and J Kidd chose him personally.

Thornton for Jarret Jack is a swap i'd do - although i do wonder if Thornton's $8 million expiring contract could be more valuable later in the season. Still having a back up point who can play like Jack would be amazing for our second unit considering how deep the team is and how often our star point gets injured.

If Shaun does take the mini MLE for $10m/3 then it means we can't use that same money on bringing over our Euro stash Bojan Bogdanovic. He's meant to be one of the best shooters in Europe, he is already 24 and as a second round picks a few years ago is not tied to the rookie pay scale. No-one truly knows if Bojan wants to come to the NBA now or is using the Nets as leverage to get a better contract in Europe.

The Nets do need to get younger and I was encouraged by Plumlee last season. Though he really needs to add a mid range jumper and he'll be a huge threat. He was 1st team Rookie last season despite only being drafted 22.

We have no draft pick this year but I can see our GM Billy King (Dem Specks?) get into the late first round. PHX has a third pick at 27 which they'll be looking to trade.

Blatche is gone. Can we sign and trade him? Despite him still getting paid from the Wizards he is probably looking for a long term contract and the Nets don't want to have anything on the books for the summer of 2016. So we'll offer Dray a two year contract and see if he'll take it. Re: Blatche - he is the most maddening player to watch, supreme talent level who rarely puts in much effort. I hate him handling the ball around the 3 point line when he is ultra effective in the paint. Blatche would be a good pick up for any team as a first big off the bench.

We'll know in seven days if AK47 opts in to his player option. Its probable he'll return given the season he had last year with injuries. There was a part of last season where Kirilenko was so important to the team but overall his play was so inconsistent. Minutes were an issue last season for AK but hard to give a player consistent minutes when they are injured half the time. If Blatche departs then I could see AK47 getting more minutes at PF.

The Truth moved his family from Boston to New York. I would say Broklyn has the lead over any other team and the Nets can pay Pierce more than any other team. He looked good for most of the season but age is quickly catching up with him. He wants to play one more season possibly two. If he plays for a different team it will likely be Doc's Clippers, i can't see him ring chasing for the Heat or another.

KG has 12 million reasons to play next season even though his skills have diminished so much. I want him to play 15 minutes a game and have a positive effect on Brook Lopez and Plumlee, get them to learn some nasty off KG. I wouldn't be surprised to see him hang them up or perhaps Nets include him in a trade at some point.

Joe Jesus: What a player last season. He has been clutch since joining the Nets. Yes he has a huge salary but he actually earns is unlike A'mare.

Mirza Teletovic - my favourite Net at the moment, finally getting confident playing in the NBA and will have an awesome next five years or so. Will probably show himself as the best 3 point shooter in the league this season. He has good court vision and can handle the ball a bit. His man defence is slowly improving but he uses his size to grab rebounds and block a few shots. Kidd clearly has confidence in him. Mirza will benefit from more minutes if Blatche moves on to another team.

D-Will the face of the franchise. How much is he declining as a player and how badly damaged are his ankles. There are times watching him when i think he is one of the top players in the NBA (although these moments are rare) but most of the time I wonder why he can't play with confidence. I hope his surgery on both ankles allows him to play with more freedom otherwise i'd be willing to trade him (if this is possible - I do wonder if Kevin Love doesn't get traded at the draft whether the Nets become an option. Only because the same agent reps so many Nets players).

Brook Lopez - the best scoring centre in the league. He has looked so great when he has been on the court but two unfortunate injuries have really limited him the past couple of seasons. He is not injury prone. I think the Nets would have beaten the Heat this year if we'd had Lopez, they would have had no answer for him.

The re-introduction of Lopez to the Nets team may mean changing the system which worked well from the start of 2014. I'd be keen to see Lopez play primarily with the second unit. He would really go to work on every other team's second unit.

The Brooklyn Nets are now a free agent destination of choice. No more Jersey. We play in the most modern arena in the biggest market. We have an owner who is the richest in pro sports and is willing to spend. You think thats attractive to someone like Durant who sees OKC owners not wanting to pay the luxury tax? Prokhorov paid $100 million in luxury tax last season alone.

I wonder how much the Nets are worth now? Prokhorov paid $230 million plus covered their debts when they were in Jersey. If the Clippers are worth $2 billion without having an arena then the Nets are worth more than the Clippers.

illEskoBar221
Member since Oct 18th 2004
8453 posts
Sun Jun-22-14 08:08 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "oh yeah, Joe Jeesus earned that bread"
In response to Reply # 1

what about AK47? do we have enough money to keep him
even though i think Kidd under utilized him

<----- Genesis is deep my features are that of a God

http://illeskobar.deviantart.com/
http://thisiskyleskorner.blogspot.com/

Rolo_Tomasi
1140 posts
Sun Jun-22-14 12:31 PM

4. "AK47 has a player option"
In response to Reply # 3

He has to decide to opt in by the end of June. He is set to earn $3.3 next season. If he wants a larger salary or a multi year contract he may choose another team. I'm not sure if (m)any team is willing to pay Kirilenko the MLE given his injury history and that while he is a great all round player he doesn't score much.

Rolo_Tomasi
1140 posts
Sun Jun-22-14 04:49 AM

2. "Jason Kidd - building on a good foundation"
In response to Reply # 0

I forgot to mention Coach Kidd. He was awful to start last season but after the first couple of months he really got it together.

I sometimes wonder how much he cares and he doesn't sound that passionate when the cameras are on him but i don't know how important his body language is - the players trust him.

We seemed to develop a system towards the end of the season which is vital to build on.

At times the Nets ball movement was beautiful to watch, almost Spurs like - and thats what happens when you have a coach like Kidd who was all about passing.

I want to see large steps of progress made in 2014/15 and i'm confident this will happen. If it does (and if Fisher isn't horrible with the Knicks) then i think we'll see more players go straight into coaching as they retire. Or at least some teams offer retiring players a contract to become head coach.

Rolo_Tomasi
1140 posts
Wed Jul-02-14 03:17 PM

31. "RE: Jason Kidd - building on a good foundation"
In response to Reply # 2

Well that was a waste of time. And in all seriousness I was about to buy a customised Brooklyn jersey with 5 Kidd on it. Fortunately, now i save myself some cash.

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Mon Jun-23-14 10:45 AM

5. "if The Jack/Thornton deal happens, I'd assume they know S.Liv is out"
In response to Reply # 0

and I can't blame SDot for getting paid but I'll sure miss him... good news is Jack is a great replacement offensively, and will be a better scorer, but Livingston's defense was so good...

Blatche is out, makes me really wish they pulled trigger on Jordan Hill deal...

Sounds like AK and KG are back...

Lopez health obviously the key and try to get Pierce back for 2 more years...

if so you trade out Thornton and Livingston for Jack... which last offseason Net fans would have done in a heartbeat... Also holding out hope they buy into late round 1 and take Mitch McGary

Rolo_Tomasi
1140 posts
Mon Jun-23-14 06:58 PM

6. "AK47 is returning to the Nets"
In response to Reply # 0

David Aldridge @daldridgetnt · 1h
Andrei Kirilenko opts in with Brooklyn for next season at $3.3M, per source. Second year of two-year deal worth $6.5M.

And strong rumours today that KG is going to pick up his player option of $12 million. He really shouldn't be a starter next season. Limit him to 15 minutes a game, rest him on 2nd night of back-to=backs. Get him to motivate the team and Lopez and Plumlee can learn more from him.

Now Alan Anderson and Shaun "Young God" Livingston need to stay with the Nets this summer and we'll have good depth again next season.

Plus various agents are sending their players to work out for the Nets so chances are we are moving back into the draft. Looking forward to seeing what King can pull off. Someone that can contribute straight away would be awesome.

Rolo_Tomasi
1140 posts
Sun Jun-29-14 07:33 AM

7. "Kidd's failed coup (swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

I know Tim Bontemps on the NYPost broke the story (two days after someone posted the exact same thing on a sports web-forum) but here is Woj's story

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jason-kidd-in-talks-to-run-bucks--basketball-operations-after-failed-power-play-with-nets-072327526.html

Jason Kidd in talks to run Bucks' basketball operations after failed power play with Nets

After a failed power play in Brooklyn, Nets coach Jason Kidd has entered into serious negotiations to become president of basketball operations for the Milwaukee Bucks, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Kidd made a failed coup to Brooklyn's Russian ownership to usurp the power of Nets general manager Billy King – and failed spectacularly. The Nets and Bucks are discussing compensation for Milwaukee hiring Kidd away, which will likely include second-round draft picks, sources told Yahoo Sports.

"The Russians are done with Kidd," one high-ranking league source told Yahoo Sports on Saturday night.

Former Memphis Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins – who had been considered as an early season replacement for a foundering Kidd – is a strong candidate to be considered for hiring as the next coach, sources said.

The New York Post first reported the failed power play and talks with Bucks.

Kidd is selling Bucks co-owner Marc Lasry, a close friend and past financial partner, on giving him a lucrative package to do what the Nets have refused: Give Kidd full control of basketball operations. For an NBA figure with such a damaged personal reputation – never mind no front-office experience – the possibility of Kidd being afforded this kind of power and responsibility is being met with downright mockery among NBA owners and executives.

Jason Kidd helped guide the Nets into the second round of the playoffs. (Getty Images)
Jason Kidd helped guide the Nets into the second round of the playoffs. (Getty Images)
It is a humiliating turn of events for the coach and his agent, Jeff Schwartz, who had wielded incredible power and influence with Nets billionaire owner Mikhail Prokhorov. Nevertheless, Kidd understood he had an admirer on the hook with one of the Bucks' new ownership partners, Lasry. Kidd has had a personal and financial partnership with Lasry, and now he's leveraging that relationship into talks to run the Bucks franchise, sources said.
Kidd isn't angling to immediately take over as president and coach, sources said, but is intrigued with the higher-paying, lower-workload life of an executive, sources said.

For Milwaukee's general manager John Hammond and coach Larry Drew, revelations of the franchise's negotiations with Kidd weren't known to them until the story broke on Saturday night, sources said.

Kidd's thirst for more power and money began to escalate with Golden State's and New York's hirings of Steve Kerr and Derek Fisher, respectively, as coaches, league sources said. Kidd was livid they were paid contracts substantially higher than what the Nets paid Kidd as a rookie coach.

"That got him – especially Fisher," one official told Yahoo Sports.

Kidd was hired for three years, $10.5 million, only to be livid over Kerr and Fisher getting four-year deals guaranteeing more than $4 million dollars per season. Lost on Kidd was this: His dicey history made him unappealing as a coach, except with the Nets.

Despite Kidd's greatness as a Hall of Fame point guard, he had a long career of clashing with front-office executives and coaches, a domestic abuse charge and a DWI guilty plea that left him suspended for his first two games as an NBA head coach. Kidd had little leverage upon his hiring as coach, which is why the Nets refused to overpay him market value.

Within management, there was strong consideration given to firing Kidd near the end of December, league sources said. Some Nets officials wanted to bring Hollins into Brooklyn as head coach, but ultimately ownership decided to stay the course with Kidd, sources said. For Kidd's part in the power play, there's a sense of betrayal within ownership that'll make his return beyond difficult, bordering on the impossible, sources said.

Kidd had no coaching experience before the Nets hired him. (AP)
Kidd had no coaching experience before the Nets hired him. (AP)
After all, the Nets hired Kidd upon his retirement as a player and delivered him a star-studded roster with the steepest payroll in NBA history – $100 million, plus $90 million more in luxury tax. They had listened to Kidd plead with them to make Lawrence Frank the highest-paid assistant coach in the NBA, only to have Kidd inexplicably demand that Frank be demoted within weeks of the start of the season.
Management hated the idea, and believed Frank had done the job they'd hired him to do, but played along with the demotion like it was a unified decision. Only, it wasn't – it was all Kidd, "all his insecurities and need to place blame," one source said.

For a short time in November, Kidd had declared he would pay the balance of Frank's six-year, $7 million-plus deal out of his own pocket – only to backtrack quickly, sources said. Ownership let Kidd have his way and demote Frank, and ultimately has been left to pay the balance of Frank's contract.

For a time, the franchise's faith was rewarded with a dramatic turnaround in January and February that pushed the Nets into the playoffs and ultimately to an Eastern Conference first-round victory over Toronto. Brooklyn lost to Miami in the conference semifinals, but ownership had been thrilled with Kidd's progress as a young coach, sources said.

Management had met with Kidd often this offseason, working with him on roster changes that appealed to him in free agency and trades, league sources said. Throughout his history, Kidd has seldom had graceful exits – out of Dallas and Phoenix, out of New Jersey and Dallas again, and finally New York. There have often been hard feelings and acrimony necessitating a move, or the cause of him forcing his way out.

Before the Nets traded Kidd to Dallas in 2008, franchise officials believed he had faked a migraine headache and missed a game against the New York Knicks. Within the NBA community, there was little surprise about the apparent Shakespearean ending to Kidd's brief, but tumultuous coaching tenure with the Nets.

The coup failed, and Kidd appears to be on his way once again.

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59229 posts
Sun Jun-29-14 07:41 AM

9. "Only a 2nd rounder? nets better pry a 1st rounder or rights to swap "
In response to Reply # 7

Orsomething.

They have all the leverage.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Sun Jun-29-14 09:17 AM

10. "I'd like to agree but they really dont"
In response to Reply # 9

>Orsomething.
>
>They have all the leverage.

they don't want him to be the coach anymore... so what can u really do at this point?

@rob_starrk

Cenario
59229 posts
Sun Jun-29-14 10:11 AM

11. "reassign him like frank...go get mark jackson"
In response to Reply # 10

Is pokie gonna cry over having to pay kidd the remainder of his contract for nothing? I doubt it. If kidd and mil want each other they'd bite.

Mil. has to make a move at this point since the story is out.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Cenario
59229 posts
Mon Jun-30-14 07:52 AM

21. "seems like nets are fighting for the 1st rounder. Bucks don't"
In response to Reply # 11

want to give it up.

Nets really should play hardball and reassign kidd on some daily reports grind and kim. See if the bucks come around. Kidd will wind up being the big loser...and the bucks will be screwed as well.

Rolo_Tomasi
1140 posts
Sun Jun-29-14 10:42 AM

13. "NBA should charge Bucks with tampering"
In response to Reply # 9

The Nets should get a 1st rounder out of it.

If Bucks were interested in having Kidd coach or become president of basketball ops then it is tampering.

Kidd must have known that his power play in BK would not succeed - for whatever reason the Russians seem to be content with Dem Specks running the show as GM.

Cenario
59229 posts
Sun Jun-29-14 10:45 AM

15. "there's no tampering as the nets granted permission"
In response to Reply # 13

Rolo_Tomasi
1140 posts
Sun Jun-29-14 10:48 AM

17. "RE: there's no tampering as the nets granted permission"
In response to Reply # 15

only after the situation blew up though.

Cenario
59229 posts
Sun Jun-29-14 12:10 PM

20. "what specifically did mil do that falls under tampering?"
In response to Reply # 17

The situation blew up when kidd tried to get billys job

Rolo_Tomasi
1140 posts
Sun Jun-29-14 07:40 AM

8. "BK next coach?"
In response to Reply # 0

If we are going for a veteran I'd like to see George Karl coach the Nets with this current roster. The Nets already have his assistant John Welch from his Denver days. However, I wouldn't be surprised if this led to the break up of the team to some degree. KG and Truth might be thinking differently.

I could see them install Lawrence Frank as a stop gap - the Nets are already paying him as a coach.

The word from informed sources seems to be targeting a college coach and speculation is that the Nets will pay Kevin Ollie's buyout.

It seems the Nets owner and management are trying to install a system (like the Spurs) and want a coach for the long haul. They thought they had Kidd for a decade or more and then he launches his power play. The Russians who run the Nets chose Billy King the GM over Kidd.

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28890 posts
Sun Jun-29-14 10:42 AM

12. "Mark Jackson"
In response to Reply # 8

He is the best coach left. Brooklyn needs a strong coach like Mark. Plus, this means Knick fans jump ship.

No empathy for white misery (c) BDot

"root for everybody black haters say that's crazy, wow..."

Rolo_Tomasi
1140 posts
Sun Jun-29-14 10:43 AM

14. "No Way Mark Jackson"
In response to Reply # 12

The homophobe? When BK just had the first openly gay player in NBA history? No way this idea is going to fly in the organisation.

Plus Jackson is a motivator - Nets need a X+Os guy willing to install a system.

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28890 posts
Sun Jun-29-14 10:59 AM

18. "How is Mark Jackson homophobic? "
In response to Reply # 14

Plus, the Net signed him to a deal that only covered the rest of the season. If you really think Prok won't hire him over that then I have some dogecoins to sell you.

The only other legit candidate left is Lionel Hollins.

No empathy for white misery (c) BDot

"root for everybody black haters say that's crazy, wow..."

Cenario
59229 posts
Wed Jul-02-14 08:29 AM

25. "might have something to do with his homophobic comments iono."
In response to Reply # 18

subjctmattr
Charter member
7987 posts
Fri Jul-04-14 12:32 AM

33. "^^"
In response to Reply # 25

Rolo_Tomasi
1140 posts
Sun Jun-29-14 10:47 AM

16. "Shaun Livingston will be gone"
In response to Reply # 0

If Kidd goes to the Bucks I'd say with confidence that Livingston would follow him. The Bucks can pay him more than the Nets are able and he fits exactly into how Kidd wants to play.

The bigger question is where Truth will go now - Clippers looking more attractive than Nets right now. What about KG?

We already now Blatche is likely not coming back.

Alan Anderson too - thats five heavy rotation guys from the Brooklyn line up last season.

Such a selfish move by Kidd - we had a good system and played the Heat well - plus we had Lopez returning.

Now we're going to have re-boot with a new coach and probably many new players.

If Livingston moves on perhaps this opens up bringing over Bojan Bogdanovic from Europe for the miniMLE.

Rolo_Tomasi
1140 posts
Sun Jun-29-14 11:57 AM

19. "Real GM broke the Kidd story two days before anyone else"
In response to Reply # 0

Amazing that some guy said exactly what would happen two days before the NYPost first reported it. Amazing how someone on the internet can be correct before any of the beat writers. I wonder who his source is or whether he is somehow involved?

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1330298

Cenario
59229 posts
Wed Jul-02-14 08:32 AM

26. "well he said he has inside sources and he probably does lol"
In response to Reply # 19

i'm sure its not any deeper than something he heard from a friend who had knowledge.

Rolo_Tomasi
1140 posts
Wed Jul-02-14 03:13 AM

22. "Young God off to GSW"
In response to Reply # 0

Sad to see Livingston depart but I think most Nets fans knew we wouldn't be able to keep him given our limited range of options given our salary cap position.

Plus SDot needs to get that money now after the terrible injuries he has faced and its great he will go to a team which will compete and fit well into.

So now its being discussed again that Marcus Thornton will be traded to the Cavs for Jarrett Jack and maybe something else.

How will we spend our mMLE - I hope we can bring over Bojan Bogdanovic as this is the only window where he has no buy out. Sign him and kick the tyres on him, if he's meant to be one of the best in Europe then he should be able to play in the NBA.

T Reynolds
Member since Apr 16th 2007
42829 posts
Wed Jul-02-14 08:21 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
24. "Sad to see Livingston go. But my man says I shouldn't even be "
In response to Reply # 22

worried with us getting Xavier Thames. He's biased cause he's a SDSU fan but he swears up and down he could start lol

illEskoBar221
Member since Oct 18th 2004
8453 posts
Thu Jul-03-14 01:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
32. "Damn smh. Dude balled out for us "
In response to Reply # 22

I wish him the best of luck
I'm a fan

<----- Genesis is deep my features are that of a God

http://illeskobar.deviantart.com/
http://thisiskyleskorner.blogspot.com/

Rolo_Tomasi
1140 posts
Wed Jul-02-14 03:16 AM

23. "No Extension for Blatche"
In response to Reply # 0

The Nets have declined to do any deal with Dray Blatche - apparently they decided this during last season. They didn't have faith that his conditioning wouldn't be a concern if they gave him a multi year deal. Motivation is an issue with him when he has guaranteed money.

So this should increase minutes at PF to be shared between Mirza, Plumlee and AK47.

Cenario
59229 posts
Wed Jul-02-14 08:55 AM

27. "Nets finalizing deal with lionel hollins "
In response to Reply # 0

great for both sides.

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/484329095312850944

T Reynolds
Member since Apr 16th 2007
42829 posts
Wed Jul-02-14 09:01 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
28. "He was great for the Grizz"
In response to Reply # 27

Great at developing players.

Him getting canned despite success reminds me of the Mark Jackson canning by GSW. Don't know exactly what kind of 'difference in direction' or whatever it was led to these terminations, but Hollins sure seemed to be the more bitter of the two

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/2/18/5422062/lionel-hollins-grizzlies-interview-john-hollinger

Cenario
59229 posts
Wed Jul-02-14 09:24 AM

29. "i wish more coaches were as open as hollins after they get canned"
In response to Reply # 28

lol

Rolo_Tomasi
1140 posts
Wed Jul-02-14 03:15 PM

30. "Hollins confirmed as Nets coach"
In response to Reply # 28

I'm glad to hear he is good at developing players because even though Nets are a veteran team are future has to be youth orientated. Plumlee for starters is a 1st team Rookie last year. This year we hope to have Bojan Bogdanovic our Euro stash for the last few years joining the team.

Hollins got canned in Memphis because pretty much all the Grizzlies front office are analytics guys and Hollins isn't too much into that new way of thinking. Hollins wanted a long term extension (which he deserved) and the Grizz decided to go with the lead assistant instead.

>Great at developing players.
>
>Him getting canned despite success reminds me of the Mark
>Jackson canning by GSW. Don't know exactly what kind of
>'difference in direction' or whatever it was led to these
>terminations, but Hollins sure seemed to be the more bitter of
>the two
>
>http://www.sbnation.com/2014/2/18/5422062/lionel-hollins-grizzlies-interview-john-hollinger

Rolo_Tomasi
1140 posts
Tue Jul-08-14 05:36 AM

34. "Bojan Bogdanovic signed for mMLE on three year contract"
In response to Reply # 0

The Nets long term Euro-stash Bojan Bogdanovic - one of the best players in Europe (allegedly) is going to sign for our mini MLE on a three year contract.

The amount we are paying him is equal to what the number 4 pick in the 2014 draft would earn.

I've seen some videos of him and he is primarily a scorer but not necessarily a long range three point shooter - he isn't a facsimile of Mirza Teletovic - he seems to have a good mid range game and can finish around the basket. As with most Euros his defence against NBA players is probably suspect. Lets hope he doesn't get buried by Lionel Hollins.

It does seem we are getting Bojan in his prime - he is 25 years old. Plus with Kirilenko and Teletovic on the Nets he should settle in more easily.

My hope is that he becomes a scorer in the second unit when the starters are taking a rest.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/07/report-nets-using-taxpayer-mid-level-exception-on-bojan-bogdanovic/

The Nets bought the No. 31 pick in the 2011 NBA draft, selecting Bojan Bogdanovic.

Rolo_Tomasi
1140 posts
Wed Jul-09-14 06:38 PM

35. "Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev to the Nets"
In response to Reply # 0

We traded Marcus Thornton to the Celtics

The Cavs traded Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev to the Nets.

Cavs free up space for a chance to sing Lebron.

Jarrett Jack is going to be a great back up PG which the Nets desperately needed.

Sergey Karasev is a 20 year old pure shooter from Russia (like our ownership) and has already been to the Olympics as a teenager.

The Nets have some nice youth and around our core of Joe Jesus, D-Will and Brook Lopez we have some nice pieces.

Either you have another year of KG's corpse and Paul Pierce or you try and trade them for something productive.

Rolo_Tomasi
1140 posts
Mon Jul-14-14 03:25 AM

36. "The Truth Will Out (Pierce to Wizards)"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm disappointed the Nets just let him walk and I truly wonder what the situation is behind all the spin.

Is it that signing Pierce to a $6-8 million deal was actually like paying $22 million when you factor in all the luxury taxes?

Did the Nets just not feel he was worth extending. It is obvious he can't guard the SF sport anymore as he is too slow but he can still score at will.

Was Pierce just keen to get out of the Nets franchise?

The Wizards are not offering much money (just the MLE) and no other premier teams came in for him (that should say something).

We didn't want to take back the junk the Clippers were selling even a 1st rounder or rookie contract player if it meant paying Matt Barnes or Dudley.

Does this mean KG less likely to return?

We have lost depth in our front court now with Blatche and Pierce not returning, two important scorers.

I guess this means the Nets management are high on Bojan and Karasev.

Rolo_Tomasi
1140 posts
Mon Jul-14-14 03:40 AM

37. "Management and Ownership have no clue what they are doing"
In response to Reply # 0

I get the Nets needed to make an impact when they moved to New York from New Jersey. You can't go into the biggest market in the world which has only ever had one NBA team with a lacklustre product.

I applaud our owner Mikhail Prokhorov for spending hundreds of millions of dollars.

However..........

Last year it is stated "we have a two year window to win a championship" we trade three future 1st rousers for Truth, KG, Jet.

12 months later Truth and Jet are gone and KG is a corpse and we are now all about a youth movement - despite the fact we've just traded away three first rounders making it much harder to be about a youth movement!!!!

I realise Billy King has to follow orders but I think he has to be the most incompetent GM in the league now that Khan is no longer working in Minnesota.

He gave away what turned out to be the 6th pick in the draft (Lillard) for Crash Wallace. He then extended Wallace with a four year huge contract with no other team offering competition to sign him.

I think the Joe Jesus trade was great for us - we gave up pure garbage for Joe's toxic contract - but Joe has proved he is the most clutch player in the league and has lived up to the contract. But we didn't need to include the bullshit about swapping first round picks etc... Billy King is always on the wrong side of these types of conditions. No one else wanted to trade with Atlanta for Joe's contract.

We are hugely reliant on two players making huge money who might not be able to stay on the court: D-Will and Brook Lopez. If both are healthy they can win us a lot of games. If not then the next couple of seasons are going to be horrible to endure.

I love our role players: Mirza Teletovic, AK47, Jarrett Jack and how Plumlee can develop after being named in the Rookie 1st team. I'm interested in seeing Bojan and Karasev.

However, we are not athletic. Billy King has a great eye for talent which makes it madness to trade away 1st rounders while hitting the jackpot with second rounders!!!

Everyone is pinning their dreams on Durant choosing their team as a free agent in 2016. Personally, I think he'll stay put with the Thunder with possible opt-outs if the Thunder ownership turn cheap and not willing to pay luxury tax. He might consider the Wizards as they are his home team. KD doesn't need Brooklyn or the Knicks or the Lakers to really be successful.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2341946 Previous topic | Next topic