Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2249573

Subject: "Did we mention the new bowl games for the mid-major conferences?" Previous topic | Next topic
Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22330 posts
Mon Oct-21-13 10:43 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Did we mention the new bowl games for the mid-major conferences?"

This makes it feel more & more like a 2-tiered, Division 1 post-season system.

I've never been one to complain about there being too many bowl games. Sure, it's kinda lame for a 6-6 team to get rewarded but I'm not gonna complain about having more games to watch. And if it's your school in that game, you have 1 more game to get hyped about.

And there's no way any mid-major school will ever crack this 4-team playoff. So I almost would be cool with some type of mid-major title.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/07/report-four-new-bowl-games-on-tap-for-2014/

The American Athletic, Conference USA, Mid-American, Mountain West and Sun Belt conferences have formed an alliance to participate in four new bowls that will debut in 2014, ESPN reported on Monday.

The games will take place in Boca Raton, Fla., Miami and the Bahamas and only involve schools from those leagues.

In August, the MAC and Sun Belt announced the creation of the Camellia Bowl in Montgomery, Ala., in 2014. That means there will be four additional games for a total of 39 bowls, including the College Football Playoff title game.

The Miami Bowl, created by the American Athletic Conference, is expected to be held at Marlins Park, home of the Miami Marlins. The American Athletic will be the “anchor” conference, and its opponent would come from the other four non-power leagues, a source said.

In August, ESPN reported that the Bahamas Bowl will be held at Thomas Robinson Stadium and would be the first postseason bowl played outside the United States since the International Bowl in Toronto (2007-10).

A news conference will be held Oct. 14 to officially announce the Bahamas Bowl. All five non-power leagues will rotate in the game.

The source told ESPN that the new bowls are a result of existing bowls not entertaining opportunities for the five non-power conferences.

That makes 39 bowls in all now. Too much? Not in my book. I want to see more college football being played, not less.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
we need a bermuda triangle bowl
Oct 21st 2013
What's up with bowl games in stadiums designed for baseball?
Oct 21st 2013

J_Stew
Member since Jul 06th 2002
22363 posts
Mon Oct-21-13 10:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "we need a bermuda triangle bowl"
In response to Reply # 0

hurricanes and ufos and shit

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Mon Oct-21-13 12:55 PM

2. "What's up with bowl games in stadiums designed for baseball?"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Oct-21-13 12:58 PM by Marauder21

SF, St Pete, and now one in Marlins Park? I can't imagine these have decent views for the fans.

Players will like that trip to the Bahamas, though.

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2249573 Previous topic | Next topic