Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Freestyle Board topic #70789

Subject: ""A Letter To Her"" Previous topic | Next topic
Street Poet
Member since Jun 07th 2002
662 posts
Sat Oct-27-07 07:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
""A Letter To Her""

Dear, Woman I have Yet To Meet

I've been thinking about writing this letter for a long time. I just haven't figured out how get my true feelings out... until now. Well... I know you exist, I just haven't met you yet. It feels awkward thinking about someone you've never met before. I guess you can call me a hopeless romantic or romantically optimistic or whatever you want to call it. I've worked very hard trying to avoid the various bullshit traps and states of mind that would make the average man view women in a negative light. I refuse to believe that all women only want money, sex, and more money.

I know good women exist. I know YOU exist. The only thing I'm worried about is if we will every actually meet. Most women I know are on some "all men are dogs" type shit. Only if they opened their eyes they would realize that the good man they're waiting on is staring them right in the face.....but whatever.

See... I'm not the type of guy who wanted all the girls to like me. I don't want 4 or 5 women trying to claim me. The playa lifestyle is too much of a headache and too much drama. I've always wanted just one good woman to hold me down. I'll have her back, and she'll have mine. From right now until the end of forever. That her could be you.

I want to hear your soft voice over the phone. I want to feel your even softer skin press against mine late in the night time. I want to kiss you so passionately that I forget what I was supposed to do for that day. When you're hurting, I want to make the pain go away.

Everything I just said was corny.... but true. That also seems to be part of the problem, we've been conditioned to think that "love" is corny. You've been trained to avoid me, and I've been trained to avoid you. Even though society tells us one thing, our heart and mind tells us another. It's a never ending fight.

A wise person once said "A good fighter ...is a fighter who knows when and when not to fight." And I chose not to fight love. I will embrace love. I will embrace you, and protect us from this cold world as best as I can. Music is the soundtrack to our lives and the song that describes my feelings for you is "I Want You" By Marvin Gaye...... and I want you to want me too.

Love is the simplest emotion known to man, and I'm a simple man, so let's not complicate things. Because when people complicate things, people become unhappy, and when people are unhappy the world is a horrible place. So let's do our part and make the world a better place than we found it. By keeping our love a simple love.

Well.... I'll end it with this, I know you exist, and you know I exist. My will power is as strong as my beliefs... and I believe in you. What I'm trying to say is I'll wait for you. Even in this impatient world we live in... I will wait for you. I'd rather waste my time waiting for someone worth my time than waste my time being with someone who isn't worth my time.

Waiting to be yours,

Me

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
you need to revisit this every two years
Oct 28th 2007
Nice piece
Oct 29th 2007
RE: "A Letter To Her"
Oct 30th 2007

Rajeniro757
Member since Jun 08th 2003
6644 posts
Sun Oct-28-07 05:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "you need to revisit this every two years"
In response to Reply # 0

you will be tested by the most ignorant, selfish ,cruel, shallow, slutty down trotted scallywag this side of the great wall of china. Now there are good women out there just like the good men. It's some woman just like some men who have earned their reputation rightfully. I hope you find a good one quick.

R.I.P. Martin alexander (Marty Gra) Alston - my brother, my mentor , my friend-

Universadevine
Member since Mar 14th 2003
1991 posts
Mon Oct-29-07 01:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Nice piece"
In response to Reply # 0

"I'd rather waste my time waiting for someone worth my time than waste my time being with someone who isn't worth my time."-

I loved this line.. I live this line

Amai_1
Member since May 27th 2002
296 posts
Tue Oct-30-07 02:47 PM

3. "RE: "A Letter To Her""
In response to Reply # 0

D-D-D-Daaaamn. I like it... I like it so much I can't quote my favorite lines because they're all equally stunning.

Lobby Freestyle Board topic #70789 Previous topic | Next topic