Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Freestyle Board topic #67878

Subject: "dialogue - the neverending conversation (add on)" Previous topic | Next topic
Morehouse
Member since Feb 25th 2003
7568 posts
Mon Apr-30-07 12:50 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"dialogue - the neverending conversation (add on)"

I want to write a play and I'm very interested in the nature of dialogue at the moment. So, I'm going to start a conversation. I'm giving this person a name. (Ben): Ben is speaking to whoever answers the thread first. I guess the board is like a big room... or only a few people, however it plays out. Let's see where this goes.

Ben: Life isn't really much of a ride for me now. I mean I wake up every morning and do the same goddamn thing! For pennies. I get paid shit...worse than shit. It's sickening. And you, you have the best job in the world. You travel, get paid tons of money, and yet, you complain? Why? Tell me how you have it as bad as I do.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=500290931

myself is sculptor of
your body’s idiom:
the musician of your wrists;
the poet who is afraid
only to mistranslate
a rhythm in your hair...
-E.E. Cummings

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: dialogue - the neverending conversation (add on)
Apr 30th 2007
May 01st 2007
May 02nd 2007
May 02nd 2007
May 02nd 2007
May 02nd 2007
May 02nd 2007
May 02nd 2007
May 06th 2007
May 06th 2007

kid thunder
Member since Apr 25th 2007
365 posts
Mon Apr-30-07 10:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: dialogue - the neverending conversation (add on)"
In response to Reply # 0

Tom: Tell me what you do all day! Your life for pennies is easy; you don't have to think. They tell you what to do and you do it; they grudgingly give you some of their money but would slit your throat if given half a chance.

Me? I have to improvise. I learn languages just to learn it's the same bullshit out there as I keep running away from, less money, more money, more educated, less educated, it's all the same damn game. Read a newspaper and think you got something over those who watch TV. Same damn thing.

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Tue May-01-07 12:05 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: dialogue - the neverending conversation (add on)"
In response to Reply # 0

>Ben: ... And you, you have the best job in the world. You travel, get paid tons of money, and yet, you complain? Why? Tell me how you have it as bad as I do.

G~Baby: Oh yeah, I get paid tons of money, but traveling is a bitch! -- (Eating airplane food, hotel food, take out or room service food) -- I'd like a good ol' fashioned HOME COOKED meal on a more frequent basis, yaknow? I'd like sleeping in my own goddamn bed instead of nappin' on the plane or on hotel beds that have been slept on, fucked on, possibly pissed on by others! And with the money I get paid, I also get the extra added responsibility -- the stress -- the headaches -- additional gray hairs -- lack of sound, restful sleep -- don't see my family or friends as often as I'd like to ... etc., etc.

The grass may look greener on the other side, but trust me Ben -- the so~called tons of money ain't worth the peace of mind and comfort that comes with simplicity & plain ol' happiness -- (AND MONEY DON'T BUY HAPPINESS) -- trust me on that!

A guitar string vibrating, a measure of my soul, a breech in the silence --
I've always felt like words come through me & I write them down... they have no master --- gsquared ♥

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/photosynthesis_music.htm

Foneticcus
Charter member
10424 posts
Wed May-02-07 11:06 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "..."
In response to Reply # 2

Clifford:

i mean, to be honest? sincerely? i'd probably side w/ Ginger over there, youngblood. you don't know what that life is like. there's something horridly impersonal about that whole yuppy existence. horridly impersonal. not i've ever lived it; heck, this little bookstore of mine keeps me so chained i barely get to hop the curb and cross the street for a bite some days...but honestly, there is something to be said for getting to build a relationship...getting to solidify something between two human beings, two people, who get to share more than a rudely truncated moment. can't you see? the chance to allow something to actually germinate. when all of your interactions happen through fleeting acts of service: an airhostess plucking your single-serve tray away, a bellhop hoisting your battered bags up the stairs...where is the substance? where can you live and breathe and habitate, except in your mind?

===========================

"Pimping ain't art...but grabbing guns is?!"
(c) Menphyel

"I've come to realise that I never loved Hip-Hop as a whole,
just a particular era that happened at the same time as
I was actively checking actively for new music."

the_best_part
Member since Jan 13th 2005
1823 posts
Wed May-02-07 01:12 PM

4. "RE: dialogue - the neverending conversation (add on)"
In response to Reply # 0

Anna:i wont partonize or pretend like id rather be poor than wealthy. my complaint is not that of poverty, but if chaotic energy rumbling inside of me. a poorness in soul and lack of connection to self. i travel from place to place and experience different cultures and i still dont know who i am. i compensate lack of esteem and self awareness with brand named shoes and expensive jewelry. when you are home alone you have a hand to hold. strip away my money, my career, my material things and i have nothing. i am nothing. so yes, i complain but dont have the courage to change.

@asiaradiant

Morehouse
Member since Feb 25th 2003
7568 posts
Wed May-02-07 07:06 PM

6. "RE: dialogue - the neverending conversation (add on)"
In response to Reply # 4

i too am a stranger to courage...so much so I confine myself hours on end in my room with the lights off and try to convince myself that somehow drowning in a bottle of wild turkey, playing old billie holiday blues and writing ballads to my lost loves is somehow moving closer to clarity; that somehow this confinement is meditation and that the questions I have will appear on the wall in neon...days come and go and further i stray from laughter, from vision, from purpose. I came here not so much because of my addictions, moreso to purge my anger at myself that I have for so long projected onto the outside world. I'm beginning to understand that the world owes me nothing, and that I owe myself everything. Where to begin?...rebuilding my sense of reality, to strive for something, reach for more than a loose cigarette, or an empty liquor bottle. Where to begin? I lean on you now, your words, your stories, for comfort, empathy...for foundation.

the_best_part
Member since Jan 13th 2005
1823 posts
Wed May-02-07 10:05 PM

7. "RE: dialogue - the neverending conversation (add on)"
In response to Reply # 6

you lean on me and i will always be here for you. i will offer you comfort. you can spill your tears in my lap and i will still respect you when its over. i can put my mess of a life aside to guide you thru this state of staleness you are in. because i see so much in you that i crave, i want you to share it all with me because somewhere in there i know i will find a path to my own healing. i admire that you are honest with yourself and that you see that a change is needed. that in and of itself is courageous. i cry for you because you are beautiful and you make your colors bland with alcohol. so here i am, here for you, let's see if we can find clarity. what is it about being sober that you dislike so much?

@asiaradiant

ASIEM
Charter member
4154 posts
Wed May-02-07 06:59 PM

5. "RE: dialogue - the neverending conversation (add on)"
In response to Reply # 0

hhhmph er body got summin ta say bout havin dis and havin dat or losin er mu fuhin thing. all i know is one day i was on top flyin travlin makin tray six digits den one night in denver wit dis babe in high heels and no clothes i took a hit on dat pipe. now all i wanna do is get a hit matter fact any yall wanna buy dis jay z cd just 5 dolla's? sike i take three fa real.

"keep pennin till the earth birth's your rightful seed then nurture it wit more ink..."
ASIEM
"Kuun fiyah Kuun" Quran
(Be and it is)
" A writer takes his pen to write the words again that all in love is fair" Stevie Wonder

Zin
Member since Jan 21st 2004
2972 posts
Wed May-02-07 11:24 PM

8. "RE: dialogue - the neverending conversation (add on)"
In response to Reply # 5

uncle al ~damn son this shit got you tripping like this .... i mean look at him he was the shit in high school name brand this and that ...now it looks like he hasn't brushed his teeth in weeks ...i may be ol school bu i know what that shit is doing to you son ..... and i don't like where you going young blood ...these damn cd's only got 9 songs on 'em i thought it was like 14 on the new jaunt ...you can't even hustle right ...what is this world coming tooo ...

sig.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guess who's Back

WABBIT
Charter member
280 posts
Sun May-06-07 12:28 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "RE: dialogue - the neverending conversation (add on)"
In response to Reply # 8

uncle al--- i"ll tell you what this world is coming too, i need a fif of henn and get my jimmy waxed fucking with u young cats got me stressed!!!!!

UncleClimax
Charter member
13786 posts
Sun May-06-07 04:26 AM

10. "RE: dialogue - the neverending conversation (add on)"
In response to Reply # 0

.scene

ray - chasing a hollow death.thats what it was.

allegra- dad, its not ur fault. never is. incredible how they disposed of so many bodies though. an efficient regime.

- no. hiding lies and historical fallacy..call it propaganda, patriotism...whatever...thats efficiency. ever was a great civilization (Read: empire) not built on the backs of great propagandists?

- ever an "empire" quote unquote, not torn from the cloth of evil?

- good answer to rhetoric. study that these days, and honor dusts itself off to accompany you wherever you may tread.

- so i'm at the supermarket, great sales. bananas, 1 buck an ounce. a head of brie cheese, que delicia!, ) about 40 euros. whatever.

- hey. one of these days im taking the day off. going to eat some cheap coffee. maybe drink wine all day..think they serve wine at that german beer garden miranda spoke of?

- doubtful. but im always full of doubts.

- chip.

- well...(reverie)

- (scratches middle of back with the thumb of right hand, nervously for a few seconds...withdraws hand slowly, mechanically...drapes his hand across his daughter's face maniacally) callous, thats what i've taught you.

- to touch without feeling.

- aye.

- wonder where samson is these days. i never spoke to him after he left med school. should've done though. the boy was brilliant. you always liked him. maybe cuz he was a cook.

- show me a man that can eat, and i'll show you a life well lived.

- aye.

- TGI Fridays. we must rid the world of these. their horrible pastries, shit for potato skins. i'm angry that these are the only dining houses that stand to make money in a country like this. glorified carbo-fat, without the glory anymore. what have we become.

- poppa. daddio. que maravilla. look at my lamb chops, i cooked them in the wine you ordered.

- vino. divino.

- daddy. buy me a pony for once. i forgot the smell of a horse. i was 12, remember?

- we went down to mexico. what, every 3 months or so then? your mother always loved the ranch. zacatecan whores. mmm mm m.

- daddy, aloud again.

- sorry, honey. i'll be off to bed. tivo conan for me?

- (lays her hand on top of her other hand, resignation-like, which sits directly above her elbow, which in turns lays lazily on the counter, not wiped clean for a since morning coffee..sunday morning. see it in her eyes, saturnine. dont forget the chin then, on top of the top hand, choreographed like a march on a soldier's day of graduation, as if orchestrated by a genius of which one is not totally aware)

scene.

“Be uncomfortable; be sand, not oil, to the machinery of the world.”
- Gunter Eich

Lobby Freestyle Board topic #67878 Previous topic | Next topic