Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Freestyle Board topic #60979

Subject: "No Time To Do Your Hair Baby,Brothers Are Bustin At Me" Previous topic | Next topic
sun_das_ill
Member since Nov 29th 2002
11308 posts
Sat Oct-07-06 04:10 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"No Time To Do Your Hair Baby,Brothers Are Bustin At Me"

She had this way of making a ponytail while holding her hair clip in her mouth.
It was like she goes in this zone.It's like, her hands suddenly grow eyes and a mind of their own.She just stands there, staring into space, in this deep zen concentration, you can tell she has done this so many times.She knew where ever follicle of hair was suppose to go.
She snaps the hair clip and still to continue to do this post groom.
I hated these types of hallways.The marble wire sectioned floors are so dirty, the marble barely glows through the dirt.The walk way was so narrow.Nothing but those gray steel flat mailboxes occupied the left side of the wall. You can see the past history damage done to a few of them from a crowbar.My impatience grow at the rapid rate of a fruit fly.
I look at my watch like it's a addiction. Okay, she's slowly coming out her ponytail zone.
I stare at her with this expression,the same expression you would paint your face when the bus you been waiting for in the freezing cold would be packed with passengers BUT drives right past you."What?", she squirts out in her defense."No time to do your hair baby, brothers are bustin at me",that was a end half of a verse from Rakim."Whatever", she slings back while cleaning the end of her right eyebrow.The mechanism of the lock cracks the silence in a way you think the lock was breaking piece by piece.The door opens slowly, the way it was done seem like a errie metaphor about my life.

http://sundasill.tumblr.com/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: No Time To Do Your Hair Baby,Brothers Are Bustin At Me
Oct 08th 2006

ms mimi diva
Member since Feb 05th 2006
589 posts
Sun Oct-08-06 11:06 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: No Time To Do Your Hair Baby,Brothers Are Bustin At Me"
In response to Reply # 0

I liked this; the rhythm of the piece...

http://worthwatering.blogspot.com
Can it be I stayed away too long?/
Did I leave your mind when I was gone?/
It's not my thing trying to get back/
But this time let me tell you where I'm at-- Jackson Five

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Freestyle Board topic #60979 Previous topic | Next topic