Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Freestyle Board topic #60043

Subject: "fever" Previous topic | Next topic
invisible ink
Member since Apr 07th 2003
1083 posts
Fri Sep-01-06 09:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"fever"

i put my fingers there, the way i dip into abuelas paella. hot sauces of real tomatoes, stir into cool sausages and peppers, with mussels over the yellow rice.i dip my fingers way into the beautiful hole.pulling out my own sauces, smelling my fingers for identification. i am hungry. i lick the sides and the top and the middle the way he does. wait 'til abuela sees what i've done to the sheets. "dirty little whore". it is possible, but i don't think so. i think she has been hiding this moment for far too long. and even now...he is missing from my hole, where his lips pull things out and his tongue pushes to compete with my growing center swelling like the inside of an avocado ready to be cut. no...i am no whore. i am the product of his pleading in the night, after the music has faded, and the papis have slammed the domines down on the tables for the last time as the lights dim. i am the product of the last calls to come and take baths that never wash away the sticky memory of Now & Laters stuck to the roof of our mouths while he calls for me to come here for a second, "before u go upstairs Nia". he is big and brown. green green eyes. "no he ain't dominican" my cousin reminds the crew, as if i care. as if that will stop me.as if his tongue will taste a WHOLE different flavor from our puerto rican ones. "Nia hurry up", ...."no...u guys go...i'll catch up".....i'm not going to deny myself this moment.

since then...i can not sleep. since then my fingers guide themselves, pulling the sangria from me...making me drunk and incoherent.

he told me i taste like the sweet platains he buys three for a dollar in la marqueta. so sweet, he says , that he can smell my coming even before i tremble.

when the policia came to fetch as he ran into the bodega...
i stood at the corner crying like his widow.

my hole does not speak .
-------------

kimabe 2006

if you didn't define yourself for yourself you'd be crunched into other peoples fantasies of you an eaten alive.

audre lorde

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: fever
Sep 01st 2006
lol
Sep 03rd 2006
      really, tho'
Sep 04th 2006
           RE: really, tho'
Sep 04th 2006
whoa. my hole does not speak
Sep 04th 2006
RE: whoa. my hole does not speak
Sep 04th 2006
Sep 04th 2006
floored n/m
Sep 05th 2006
RE: floored n/m
Sep 06th 2006
loved it
Sep 06th 2006
my hole does not speak
Sep 06th 2006
Sep 07th 2006
Sep 07th 2006
Sep 08th 2006
Oh My!!!
Nov 27th 2006
My simple rules for book buying
Nov 27th 2006
wow...what a compliment
Dec 05th 2006
wow...
Nov 28th 2006
Love Hurts...
Jan 12th 2007
RE: Love Hurts...
Jan 13th 2007
RE: Love Hurts...
Jan 16th 2007
(smile)
Jan 16th 2007
As always.
Jan 14th 2007
Jan 17th 2007

ms mimi diva
Member since Feb 05th 2006
589 posts
Fri Sep-01-06 11:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: fever"
In response to Reply # 0

So many lines i can't even name them all-but the way you tell this story the language is powerful, because you tell it with the poetic eye. And the last line is so real. I love it!

http://worthwatering.blogspot.com
Can it be I stayed away too long?/
Did I leave your mind when I was gone?/
It's not my thing trying to get back/
But this time let me tell you where I'm at-- Jackson Five

invisible ink
1083 posts
Sun Sep-03-06 02:42 PM

2. "lol"
In response to Reply # 1

thank u for tuning in..and for your continued insight...miss k

if you didn't define yourself for yourself you'd be crunched into other peoples fantasies of you an eaten alive.

audre lorde

ms mimi diva
589 posts
Mon Sep-04-06 12:26 AM

3. "really, tho'"
In response to Reply # 2

I don't know what folks are taking to sleep on this...wating for part 2...

invisible ink
1083 posts
Mon Sep-04-06 07:52 PM

5. "RE: really, tho'"
In response to Reply # 3

since i've been on these boards for many many years...it's always been like this for me...at first i would get irritated and then i decided...do i want to be a crowd pleaser or a writer?....so i write(smile)...and with good folk like you supporting me...i will continue to write and succeed at it...good lookin' out...miss k

audre lorde

mindful
Charter member
41306 posts
Mon Sep-04-06 10:07 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "whoa. my hole does not speak"
In response to Reply # 0

loved these lines:

no...i am no whore. i am the product of his pleading in the night, after the music has faded, and the papis have slammed the domines down on the tables for the last time as the lights dim. i am the product of the last calls to come and take baths that never wash away the sticky memory of Now & Laters stuck to the roof of our mouths while he calls for me to come here for a second, "before u go upstairs Nia"

and the pictures painted, do i really need to say just HOW vivid they were? ha~ always a pleasure to read...

--------------------------------------------------
Pinwheels and HulaHoops|the book
http://www.lulu.com/content/132318
http://msmind.blogspot.com|the life

l'amour est la médecine fidèle d'un dieu.
he has me tucked and folded ©the best part

invisible ink
1083 posts
Mon Sep-04-06 07:53 PM

6. "RE: whoa. my hole does not speak"
In response to Reply # 4

ha ha...for you i always come with the goods...smooches...kima

audre lorde

Winter Blaze
Charter member
1514 posts
Mon Sep-04-06 09:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "RE: fever"
In response to Reply # 0

You paint so well with so few lines. I love the vividness of this piece and the raw quaity of emotions. I have always loved your work...

Peace
Kitkat

If fucking were graceful, I'd be your dancer

I have boarded the train to nowhere waking up to find myself somewhere

rubbersoulonice
Charter member
1327 posts
Tue Sep-05-06 05:42 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "floored n/m"
In response to Reply # 0

------------------------------
Something like Eldridge
Cleaver meets John Lennon

invisible ink
1083 posts
Wed Sep-06-06 05:36 PM

10. "RE: floored n/m"
In response to Reply # 8

nice to see you guys on the reply...like i said to ms. mimi...i write for the ones that aren't afraid to step outside the box...thanks fr the love... miss k

audre lorde

ThaAnthology
Charter member
21061 posts
Wed Sep-06-06 08:02 AM

9. "loved it"
In response to Reply # 0

I will always dig storylines from you but this one was so funky, you Pinero'd it lol.

www.anthologyfmn.com

Enter the Written World of Fahim Malik Nassar

The House of Caine (available)

Melancholoy Funk (available)

Tha Anthology (Words 2001-2003) Poetry inspired by OKP and Wash, DC
(available)

The Spook who sat by the Radio Poetry (av

rgv
Charter member
4556 posts
Wed Sep-06-06 08:02 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
11. "my hole does not speak"
In response to Reply # 0

i just want chu to know
how i feel
how i feel

the_best_part
Member since Jan 13th 2005
1823 posts
Thu Sep-07-06 08:08 AM

12. "RE: fever"
In response to Reply # 0

this is one of spice and edge. i could see, smell, even taste altho tho i didnt want to. nice work.

@asiaradiant

ALIENmind
Member since Sep 07th 2006
39 posts
Thu Sep-07-06 05:22 PM

13. "RE: fever"
In response to Reply # 0

yeah...the colors and imagery of this piece are definitely magnetic...continue the movement...peace

deepthought74
Member since Sep 06th 2002
1036 posts
Fri Sep-08-06 02:07 PM

14. "RE: fever"
In response to Reply # 13

IM DIGGING THIS....

Deepthought

"When I hear wack rhymes, I get fed up"- Krs-One

"Even when I'm bragging, I'm being sincere"-LL

Verse One:

Could you tell me who released our animal instinct?
Got the white man sittin' there tickled pink.
Laughin' at us on the av

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Mon Nov-27-06 06:30 PM

15. "Oh My!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

A DELIGHTFUL dish -- Served hot! --

"he told me i taste like the sweet platains he buys three for a dollar in la marqueta. so sweet, he says , that he can smell my coming even before i tremble."

This whole joint was savory & sensuous -- But the above lines rocked me back & forth! -- *whewwww*

A guitar string vibrating, a measure of my soul, a breech in the silence --
I've always felt like words come through me & I write them down... they have no master --- gsquared ♥

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/photosynthesis_music.htm

ms mimi diva
589 posts
Mon Nov-27-06 09:52 PM

16. "My simple rules for book buying"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Nov-27-06 09:53 PM by ms mimi diva

are so politically incorrect, but include:

If I open the book up to any page, and find that the words are not fresh, hot, moving, telling, urging, or awakening,

or if

I find that the writer does not tell a story

or if

I find that the writer is *talented* but does not tell a story

or if

I find the writer is talented and does not tell a *true* story, no matter how fictionalized it is

or if I am just plain bored with the words again

I'd put it down. It could be a celebrated work of art. It could be breathtakingly reviewed. I could be just as uncouth and unacculturated as my lil country, non published self wants to be, and I would still remain uninterested and unashamed.

That said--
I would buy this if this were a book, in the store, right now, based only on what I read. Take it for what it is worth.

invisible ink
1083 posts
Tue Dec-05-06 08:47 PM

18. "wow...what a compliment"
In response to Reply # 16

i really don't even know how to respond. it's strange because i've been away from the boards for a minute...because my life needed a "timeout"....but it's nice to come back and read these responses because it's been awhile since i've written...so maybe these psitie words will jumpstart a fresh start....thank u ...miss k

audre lorde

Phenomenality
Charter member
31246 posts
Tue Nov-28-06 12:57 AM

17. "wow..."
In response to Reply # 0

and wow again...

damn.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
To change, we must face the dragon of our appetites with another dragon... the life-energy of our Soul...

MUSE
Charter member
3096 posts
Fri Jan-12-07 11:33 AM

19. "Love Hurts..."
In response to Reply # 0

this is the sweetest way to make pain tastefully sweet and acceptable to digest...

beautiful imagery and abstract foreplay... powerful sista...

this one gets the nobel...

blood

i'm not a hoe

widow

my hole does not speak.

wow.

*picking mouth up off the floor now*

MUSE

Speak and it shall manifest
Breathe and it shall live
Love and it shall triumph
Give and it shall never be
lost... ever... - MarcArthur
St. Juste

"not one voice unheard" -
VOICES NYC (Brooklyn, NY)

HALLELU YAHWEH! AMEN

nardtruth
Member since Jul 06th 2003
56 posts
Sat Jan-13-07 07:07 PM

20. "RE: Love Hurts..."
In response to Reply # 19

Visual as usual...reminds me of prject poetry before they become ghetto loves songs....

invisible ink
1083 posts
Tue Jan-16-07 02:53 PM

22. "RE: Love Hurts..."
In response to Reply # 20

wow...that is so cool what you said...i have to marinate on those words ...thank u...kima

audre lorde

invisible ink
1083 posts
Tue Jan-16-07 03:07 PM

23. "(smile)"
In response to Reply # 19

.........u are a mess...i'm just trying to dig a little deeper...kima

audre lorde

grape
Member since Mar 01st 2005
1123 posts
Sun Jan-14-07 04:56 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
21. "As always."
In response to Reply # 0

And though it's already been said,
I'd buy your book--two copies, even.

...as if would close them,
as if suddenly ashamed for his own nakedness...

•Carl Phillips

ASIEM
Charter member
4154 posts
Wed Jan-17-07 01:10 AM

24. "RE: fever"
In response to Reply # 0

the images are so egregious it seems as tho there is something violant and sensual, explorative and offensive, intentional and obscure...which simply makes excellent writing
masterful.

"keep pennin till the earth birth's your rightful seed then nurture it wit more ink..."
ASIEM
"Kuun fiyah Kuun" Quran
(Be and it is)
" A writer takes his pen to write the words again that all in love is fair" Stevie Wonder

Lobby Freestyle Board topic #60043 Previous topic | Next topic