Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Freestyle Board topic #59003

Subject: "black man daddy(blog entry)" Previous topic | Next topic
the_best_part
Member since Jan 13th 2005
1823 posts
Mon Jul-31-06 05:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"black man daddy(blog entry)"

not all black man daddies. but some black man daddies, too many black man daddies...the ones that aint steppin up.

daddy makes sun shine...when daddy go dim....something in son dies...young man potentially god...energy filled..ready to zig zag like outta control...anger rise up and explode...squaring up to a cop...hand cuffed and controlled...scared and confused...crooked cops tend to abuse...gun badge power trippin...send a young black boy tippin...over concrete ledges...not even caring...no compassion or understanding...young black boy hurt...daddy causeing inside pain...just a baby,dont know what to do with that rage...already racially profiled...already see a cop as no good...cop intimidated cause he feel inferior... he fears...young black boy in black boy gear...

direct affect of daddy gone awol...cant blame mamma she give it her all...that boy gon reach manhood some day...daddy fucked up now black boy sway...gravitate to light even when it aint as bright...all light aint right...some will blind his sight...

black man daddy be the foundation...when he aint right it messes up the rotation...black man daddy stop leaving your seeds...stop fertilizing the earth and drownin in the sea...sometimes i want to express it forcefully...violently knock a nigga out and bring him to so he can see...look what you doing to me and the babies...why so many still be slaves mentally?...

i know how the saying goes...dont need a man to raise the youth...thats what they scream on the plantation holding three quarters and a dime...these are some trying times...drop the change and pick up the divine...knowledge...it'll be fine when black man daddies start knowing the ledge and wise the dome...and stop leaving sistas alone...babies alone...to blindly find a way to get grown

@asiaradiant

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: black man daddy(blog entry)
Jul 31st 2006
Aug 01st 2006
Oct 27th 2009
Oct 28th 2009
Oct 29th 2009
hell no over 400 views
Nov 01st 2009

roobug
Member since May 22nd 2006
1707 posts
Mon Jul-31-06 06:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: black man daddy(blog entry)"
In response to Reply # 0

powerful words. This here especially:

black man daddy be the foundation...when he aint right it messes up the rotation...black man daddy stop leaving your seeds...stop fertilizing the earth and drownin in the sea...sometimes i want to express it forcefully...violently knock a nigga out and bring him to so he can see...look what you doing to me and the babies...why so many still be slaves mentally?...

Not being able to reap what you sow.
Not being there to watch your babies grow.

ONE

Prolif
Member since Nov 15th 2004
1507 posts
Tue Aug-01-06 09:26 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "RE: black man daddy(blog entry)"
In response to Reply # 0

".stop fertilizing the earth and drownin in the sea.."

if we can just get this point across alone, then it's a start...

anyway, i like how u switched ur style on this one...i'm a big fan of stream of conscious writing...this was heartfelt...i can relate to it

<----- my phone

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/lifthalegend_music.htm

"No one is smarter than anyone else, they just know more" -- Brian and Brandon

ASIEM
Charter member
4154 posts
Tue Oct-27-09 09:30 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "RE: black man daddy(blog entry)"
In response to Reply # 0

how did this go by so unnoticed wow big ups you are majestic old tongue same story...
i relate on many levels
mental spiritual emotional

"keep pennin till the earth birth's your rightful seed then nurture it wit more ink..."
ASIEM
"Kuun fiyah Kuun" Quran
(Be and it is)
" A writer takes his pen to write the words again that all in love is fair" Stevie Wonder

www.myspace.com/asiem61

PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Wed Oct-28-09 11:51 PM

4. "RE: black man daddy(blog entry)"
In response to Reply # 3

I think sometimes "WE" be sleepin', ASIEM, ... Snoring even! -- *chuckles*

But in my case, I was on Sabatical at this point in time ... You know how we do ... Takin' mini~breaks from da board? --

I'm glad you UP'd it tho ... it still rings with truth ... Time~less~ly!

*Bell Ringing Nice~Ness*

A guitar string vibrating, a measure of my soul, a breech in the silence --
I've always felt like words come through me & I write them down... they have no master --- gsquared ♥

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/photosynthesis_music.htm

the_best_part
Member since Jan 13th 2005
1823 posts
Thu Oct-29-09 09:43 PM

5. "RE: black man daddy(blog entry)"
In response to Reply # 3

this was written before.
just...before.

thanks for reading/commenting.

@asiaradiant

ASIEM
Charter member
4154 posts
Sun Nov-01-09 06:35 AM

6. "hell no over 400 views"
In response to Reply # 0

wassup raise this again not to fall below mid page for at least another week say summin playa's pimps panhandlers ponks

"keep pennin till the earth birth's your rightful seed then nurture it wit more ink..."
ASIEM
"Kuun fiyah Kuun" Quran
(Be and it is)
" A writer takes his pen to write the words again that all in love is fair" Stevie Wonder

www.myspace.com/asiem61

Lobby Freestyle Board topic #59003 Previous topic | Next topic