Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #748190

Subject: "The Boogeyman (Rob Savage, 2023)" Previous topic | Next topic
bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8614 posts
Tue May-23-23 10:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The Boogeyman (Rob Savage, 2023)"

Wait for Hulu. Nothing but jump scares.

This trailer was better than the actual movie: https://youtu.be/QsudEHsuvIg

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Babadook lite
Jun 03rd 2023

pretentious username
Member since Jun 18th 2010
12493 posts
Sat Jun-03-23 12:34 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Babadook lite"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Jun-03-23 12:36 AM by pretentious username

Wants to tackle big ideas about grief, but doesn’t stick the landing at all.

I’ve heard some good anti-jump scare arguments lately, and while I wouldn’t say I’m completely against them, I think they’re way overused and hollow in this. It’s too bad, cause the performances from the main cast are all solid. I would honestly rather see this story with these characters just played out as a family drama.

Spoiler City…

3 things that really annoyed me:

1) Even for asshole teenagers, her friend group is unbelievably cruel. You continuously disrespect someone whose Mom just died and then call her a psycho when she slaps you?

2) Sadie seems intelligent, so why does she only think to use her phone as a flashlight once in the entire movie? At that point, you have to make it a bit that her phone is broken or the flashlight doesn’t always work, otherwise it makes her look dumb. She is warned to stay in the light by the 1 person who knows what she’s talking about, and then proceeds to enter every dark or poorly lit room she can find. She can’t get enough of scaring the shit out of herself.

3) The second the Dad looked at the drawing of the monster, I was praying they wouldn’t show it until the end. I just knew it was gonna look stupid, and it was worse than I imagined.

Also, maybe I misremembered the trailer, but I thought Dalmastachian was gonna be the star of this shit… I was excited to watch THAT movie.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #748190 Previous topic | Next topic