Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #743917

Subject: "The Worst Person in the World (Sweden) (2021)" Previous topic | Next topic
Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49430 posts
Mon Mar-28-22 03:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The Worst Person in the World (Sweden) (2021)"

It was up for 2 Oscars (Best Original Screenplay, Best International Feature Film). Didn't win either but folks should be talking about this movie.

I've been thinking lately about how much we damage other people as we discover ourselves and this movie captures this pretty well. I feel like I know a lot of people like Julie. I feel like even the greatest husband or wife is probably regarded by an earlier relationship as a pretty terrible person who broke their heart.

I hoping to see a lot of American RomComs to be inspired by the movie and break the mode for how they are made.

I got more to say but I need other people to see it in order to talk about it.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: The Worst Person in the World (Sweden) (2021)
Mar 29th 2022
Definitely identified the older dude.
Mar 29th 2022

upUPNorth
Member since Oct 12th 2005
1695 posts
Tue Mar-29-22 08:27 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: The Worst Person in the World (Sweden) (2021)"
In response to Reply # 0

I saw it a little while ago, definitely liked it a lot. It's not all at the forefront of my mind anymore, probably identified too much with the guy when he has cancer and is regretting just having movies and music lol

---------------------
Obviously White

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49430 posts
Tue Mar-29-22 08:30 AM

2. "Definitely identified the older dude. "
In response to Reply # 1

I think it was very much from the perspective of an older dude trying to date a much younger woman.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #743917 Previous topic | Next topic