Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #743883

Subject: "Halo (Paramount+)" Previous topic | Next topic
Lach
Charter member
44325 posts
Thu Mar-24-22 03:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Halo (Paramount+)"

Anyone else watch the first episode? They're doing their best to strike the cords of long time fans.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Yo, I actually fux with this so far
Apr 14th 2022
RE: Halo (Paramount+)
Apr 17th 2022
It's not flawless, but there's something there
Apr 17th 2022

calminvasion
Charter member
12573 posts
Thu Apr-14-22 09:57 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Yo, I actually fux with this so far"
In response to Reply # 0

I have heard of halo, I knows it’sa video game, but I’ve never engaged with it in any way. So coming into this clean. 4 episodes in, this is pretty decent. Bokeem doing his thing, and old boy from wire season 2 also doing his thing. We’ll see if it sustains, but I like it so far

xangeluvr
Charter member
9014 posts
Sun Apr-17-22 05:06 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: Halo (Paramount+)"
In response to Reply # 0

i'm really enjoying it so far. never know what you'll get with video game properties turned to tv/movies, but they definitely taking time to build things which i like. so far so good for me.

GamerTag and PSN: PokeEmAll

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44709 posts
Sun Apr-17-22 02:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "It's not flawless, but there's something there"
In response to Reply # 0

Full disclosure: I've never played Halo and have zero background knowledge of the game's' story.

A lot of times it feels like they're going for a combo of Firely/Game Of Thrones, but not really committing to either. I find the stuff regarding Spartans or former Spartans the most interesting, but there are flaws involved in those characters storylines as well. For example, I like the stuff with Master Chief, but don't care about Dr. Halsey. Bokeem Woodbine is the best part of the show, part man the Kwan part of the story is awful so far. The stuff with the human who become one o the Convenant has potential, but they haven't done much with it. The rest of the Spartans interactions with Halsey's daughter has been the most consistent part so far.

It's an easy enough watch. It moves along and some of the action is good. I'll see he it plays out the rest of the season.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #743883 Previous topic | Next topic