Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #743259

Subject: "Only Murders in the Building (Hulu, 2021)" Previous topic | Next topic
Ryan M
Member since Oct 21st 2002
43743 posts
Thu Jan-06-22 07:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Only Murders in the Building (Hulu, 2021)"

Nobody??

This shit was great. It's such a fun, easy watch - but incredibly well written.

Of course Martin Short and Steve Martin are fantastic - but there is amazing stunt casting all over this thing, and it's always fun reveals. My big issue with it is Selena Gomez. I mean, she's fine in the role, I guess. But Mabel is a great part and it's just so blatantly clear that they went with someone to bring in young fans because the other leads are old white dudes.

Anyway - check it out. Episode 9, in particular, was truly great.

Easily one of my favs of last year.

------------------------------

17x NBA Champions

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I really like this shit
Jan 06th 2022
yeah this was a fun ride.
Jan 06th 2022
Not to derail here
Jan 06th 2022
oh yeah, that was fun....
Jan 07th 2022
Delightful.
Jan 07th 2022
perfect word to use
Jan 07th 2022
      agreed, 'Delightful' is the perfect word to use for this show....
Jan 09th 2022
It was great...really needed
Jan 07th 2022
No yeah this was great. Martin Short is awesome in this
Jan 09th 2022
Binged the first 2 seasons
Aug 21st 2023

Heinz
Member since Dec 26th 2003
20759 posts
Thu Jan-06-22 08:09 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I really like this shit"
In response to Reply # 0

I’m almost done. Has a Knives Out or murder mystery play feel mixed in with the classic Martin and Short humour

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Thu Jan-06-22 09:25 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "yeah this was a fun ride."
In response to Reply # 0

this and dopesick were really good watches.

i wish hulu had more/better original content because i really like their site/app.

its tempting to keep paying to keep it around because it feels like it should be an integral part of your streaming lineup. but there really isnt much on there outside of the network tv stuff (which im not much into).

that whole disney bundle is kinda like that. those services feel like they should be embedded in my life culturally but they dont really have much value outside of a handful of drops all year.

Ryan M
Member since Oct 21st 2002
43743 posts
Thu Jan-06-22 09:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Not to derail here "
In response to Reply # 2

But IMO Hulu has the best overall content. Their originals are really good by and large, and their licensed stuff is refreshed enough/has enough variety that I like it most. Combine that with a generally flawless UI (ahem HBO max) and you’ve got a powerhouse of a streamer.

------------------------------

17x NBA Champions

Voodoochilde
Charter member
3438 posts
Fri Jan-07-22 01:37 PM

4. "oh yeah, that was fun...."
In response to Reply # 0

i'll watch almost anything with Martin Short in it. (and he & Steve together have such good chemistry).

yeah we dug this show quite a bit. It functioned as one of our 'pallet cleanser' shows, either after watching something more heavy/dark (or after dealin with the 'heaviness' of 'real life' lol)

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49401 posts
Fri Jan-07-22 02:25 PM

5. "Delightful. "
In response to Reply # 0

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35253 posts
Fri Jan-07-22 03:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "perfect word to use"
In response to Reply # 5

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

Voodoochilde
Charter member
3438 posts
Sun Jan-09-22 09:08 AM

8. "agreed, 'Delightful' is the perfect word to use for this show...."
In response to Reply # 6

that is indeed the vibe "Only Murders In The Building" gave off.

btw, another show, from the previous year, that we watched early in the pandemic that, while different from "Only Murders In The Building" ALSO gave us some 'good vibes' was 'Dispatches From Elsewhere'. worth checking out as well...

rdhull
Charter member
33134 posts
Fri Jan-07-22 03:17 PM

7. "It was great...really needed"
In response to Reply # 0

almost whimsical amongst all these angst shows

Bambino Grande
Member since Mar 14th 2019
965 posts
Sun Jan-09-22 10:34 AM

9. "No yeah this was great. Martin Short is awesome in this"
In response to Reply # 0

go mack
Member since May 02nd 2008
4020 posts
Mon Aug-21-23 02:33 PM

10. "Binged the first 2 seasons "
In response to Reply # 0

This show is a lot of fun.

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #743259 Previous topic | Next topic