Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #741227

Subject: "Folks Are Debating Snowfall vs The Wire, Star of Both Weighs In (via Sha..." Previous topic | Next topic
LastTimeIChecked
Member since Oct 30th 2019
13 posts
Wed Apr-21-21 12:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Folks Are Debating Snowfall vs The Wire, Star of Both Weighs In (via Sha..."

Interesting takes from Cheo Hodari Coker and Michael Hyatt (Brianna Barksdale and Cece Saint)
"In 2002, The Wire waltzed into our lives was lauded by its realistic portrayal of Baltimore’s streets. Through the lenses of its abusers, law enforcement and the brokers of narcotics, the crime series quickly became a hit. Six years later, fans would bid adieu to the series, tucking the project EIN their hearts.

Viewers welcomed Snowfall in 2017. The story of Franklin Saint, who desires to become a powerhouse, is met with the greed of overzealous takers who want what he has.

Arguably, each show has existed in its own right. However, with Snowfall continuing to establish itself as an iconic show in its own right with its fourth season, the debate of The Wire vs. Snowfall has transpired."

https://shadowandact.com/folks-are-debating-the-wire-and-snowfall-and-a-star-of-both-has-weighed-in

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
There shouldn't be a comparison
Apr 21st 2021
There's no debate. None
Apr 21st 2021
Hell to the no. Not even close.
Apr 23rd 2021
why this endless need to rank & compare shit? its hella corny
Apr 23rd 2021

JiggysMyDayJob
Member since Jul 03rd 2002
5178 posts
Wed Apr-21-21 01:20 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "There shouldn't be a comparison"
In response to Reply # 0

Shows a different on so many levels. The Wire was more realistic glimpse into the world of dealers, users, law enforcement, and politics.
Snowfall is so fictionalized with some of those same elements, to the point that even though some of these things may have happened you still have a huge suspension of disbelief. Where as The Wire you didn't have to make it as huge.

I would rather compare Snowfall with something like Power if it were me.

sometimes u gotta leave ur inner nigger in the bank vault. - desus

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpress.com
itunes:https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249
facebook: facebook.com/situationpodemy
@SituationPodemy

Mynoriti
Charter member
38817 posts
Wed Apr-21-21 06:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "There's no debate. None"
In response to Reply # 0

I love Snowfall, but if Snowfall becomes twice as it is now by the time its over, it might be half as good as The Wire.

Sofian_Hadi
Member since Jan 03rd 2003
5627 posts
Fri Apr-23-21 07:14 AM

3. "Hell to the no. Not even close."
In response to Reply # 0

---------------------------------------

"The world is before you and you need not take it or leave it as it was when you came in." - James Baldwin

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35865 posts
Fri Apr-23-21 03:36 PM

4. "why this endless need to rank & compare shit? its hella corny"
In response to Reply # 0

"But rest assured, in my luxurious house built on the backs of people darker than me, I am sipping fine scotch and scoffing at how stupid you are." - bshelly

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #741227 Previous topic | Next topic