Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #740363

Subject: "Lupin (Omar Sy, NETFLIX, 2020)" Previous topic | Next topic
Castro
Charter member
49169 posts
Thu Jan-14-21 12:36 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Lupin (Omar Sy, NETFLIX, 2020)"

Dope cat and mouse thriller set in France. The first part is five episodes and is on Netflix now.

Not the usual fare for me, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

------------------
One Hundred.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Finished the first half today.
Jan 14th 2021
Yeah, he had his Stringer Bell thing working
Jan 15th 2021
Just finished..wow! (spoilers below)
Jan 15th 2021
Binged last night, and enjoyed it. looking forward to more.
Jan 15th 2021

ProgressiveSound
Member since Mar 11th 2003
1898 posts
Thu Jan-14-21 08:56 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Finished the first half today."
In response to Reply # 0

I’m loving it.
The cast is great, especially the lead actor.

There were lots of times where he really resembled Idris Elba as Stringer Bell. I know
I’m not the only one who saw that.. lol

Can’t wait for the 2nd part to come out.

Castro
Charter member
49169 posts
Fri Jan-15-21 10:34 AM

2. "Yeah, he had his Stringer Bell thing working"
In response to Reply # 1

------------------
One Hundred.

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
34844 posts
Fri Jan-15-21 03:35 PM

3. "Just finished..wow! (spoilers below)"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Jan-15-21 03:36 PM by Damali

The writing and directing is really great..this is my first time seeing Omar Sy in anything and I'm hearing he's a huge star in France

I watched in French w/English subtitles so I may watch again to see more of the acting subtleties since I had to read so much...

The dog, yo...I loved him so much! what a hilarious device to have to bark every time anyone said Pelligrini (although they missed 1 or 2...i was watching lol)

I was glad they had Assane off his game a couple times...no thief is perfect and he can't control every situation..the walls are closing in on him at this point, so it was a perfect mid-season cliffhanger

they do such a great job at creating tension and suspense! several times i realized i was on the edge of the couch, leaning in to the tv screen..at one point, i paused to run to the bathroom, and i found myself actually RUNNING down the hall as if the shit was gonna magically unpause while i was away LOL

great job at keeping the audience off balance around whether or not his father was guilty...several times i was like, ok he stole it..then nah he didn't lol

i knew the journalist wasn't gonna make it....i really loved her character and was glad she got to briefly get back in the action

seeing a French Black actor w/this kinda role and budget...just wow...i know Omar must be living the dream right now...

oh and the casting!!! the boy cast as young Assane...perfect. wow

i can't wait for part 2

d

"But rest assured, in my luxurious house built on the backs of people darker than me, I am sipping fine scotch and scoffing at how stupid you are." - bshelly

ceeq9
Member since Jul 21st 2005
860 posts
Fri Jan-15-21 08:54 PM

4. "Binged last night, and enjoyed it. looking forward to more."
In response to Reply # 0

====================================
Life in the completeness of its unity is negative. (c) ABK

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #740363 Previous topic | Next topic