Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #739379

Subject: "Ted Lasso (Bill Lawrence, TV)" Previous topic | Next topic
handle
Charter member
16735 posts
Wed Sep-02-20 09:11 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Ted Lasso (Bill Lawrence, TV)"

I randomly watched the new AppleTV+ show Ted Lasso starring Jason Sudekis and man - it's surprisingly good.

Now it is IS overly optimistic and cliched at some points (as many sports movies/TV shows are) but man I liked it. (I also find it hard to watch things that are not optimistic right now.)

Anyone else watching?

Article:
How on Earth Is ‘Ted Lasso’ Actually Good?
https://www.theringer.com/tv/2020/8/14/21367994/ted-lasso-apple-tv-jason-sudeikis

------------
My prayers have been answered!

Gone
My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Yo I actually like it alot
Sep 02nd 2020
Loving this
Sep 08th 2020

Bambino Grande
Member since Mar 14th 2019
390 posts
Wed Sep-02-20 11:22 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Yo I actually like it alot"
In response to Reply # 0

Very basic, easy-going stuff but that's sort of its appeal to me. Enough heavy shows around, and this just feels all fuzzy and warm lol. Its not so silly that it gets tiring, and its not so mushy that it gets dreary, its just... Chill, I guess. I like the characters and I like Jason Sudeikis and all the players, even the one star player's GF is cool to me

Not a must-watch by any means, but its a nice show to put on to wind down after the day while scrolling a lil bit on your phone or tablet

navajo joe
Member since Apr 13th 2005
6027 posts
Tue Sep-08-20 09:10 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Loving this"
In response to Reply # 0

I signed up for an appleTV trial to watch this not knowing that it they're rolling it out weekly. I'm not even mad I'll have to pay for a month to finish the series. Plus, I finally got to saw the Quarantine episode of Mythic Quest which was fantastic and award-worthy.

But yeah, this is just a funny, sweet, smart show. Also, shout out for the representation in both cast and background casting.

This is one of the strongest pilot episodes/opening seasons of a comedy I can remember.

"Regardless if you listen to me, in the end we'll see."
-Cee-Lo

"You’ve had 4 years of Trump University and are still failing the final exam smh"
-Bree Newsome Bass

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #739379 Previous topic | Next topic