Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #738532

Subject: "Star Wars The Clone Wars (Season 7)" Previous topic | Next topic
Heinz
Member since Dec 26th 2003
20758 posts
Tue Apr-21-20 10:24 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Star Wars The Clone Wars (Season 7)"
Tue Apr-21-20 10:25 AM by Heinz

WHO HAS BEEN WATCHING?!?! The CGI in this is fucking beautiful. They really stepped everything up.

SPOILER
So with word of Rosario playing Ahsoka in Mando Season 2, this season of Clone Wars feels like a set up of more Ahsoka stories overall. You think she gets her own live action series?

----------

IG @erichrigonan

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
It's been amazing. This siege of Mandalore arc is a legit
Apr 22nd 2020
This is top Filoni
Apr 23rd 2020
My goodness this episode today was great.
Apr 24th 2020
RE: My goodness this episode today was great.
Apr 25th 2020
Fucking epic.
Apr 25th 2020
      I saw Vos
Apr 27th 2020
Rewatched these last two episodes. Gotta give credit
Apr 28th 2020
he should be working on the Obi Wan series
Apr 29th 2020
HOLYYYYY SHITTTTTTTTTTT
May 01st 2020
Dave Filoni did it. He really did it.
May 01st 2020
What a ride...amazing.
May 04th 2020
What an ending!!!
May 04th 2020
those last 4 episodes went HARD!!!
May 04th 2020
Yep, Filoni pretty much confirmed post 4
May 06th 2020
I'd be shocked if Disney+ doesn't put this arc up as a movie.
May 07th 2020
After watching this and the Mandalorian documentary, Disney
May 07th 2020
Theres 8 eps of that doc right?
May 07th 2020
      I think live action series or film is next for him
May 12th 2020
           I love the dudes creativity but he aint ready
May 13th 2020
                You think so?
May 13th 2020
                     I agree with that...I think he needs more experience directing live
May 13th 2020
Bo-Katan in Mandelorian season 2
May 14th 2020
So rumours are Ahsoka, Boba, Rex, Bo Katan?!?!
May 15th 2020

soulfunk
Charter member
10994 posts
Wed Apr-22-20 09:31 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "It's been amazing. This siege of Mandalore arc is a legit"
In response to Reply # 0

movie. Can't wait for the rest of it.

In terms of the Rosario/Ahsoka casting rumors, it doesn't make sense to me. They had already finished filming season 2 of Mando when that rumor came out. There's been no official confirmation So unless it's a true leak (and with them being able to keep Baby Yoda under wraps I'd think they could also keep this quiet.)

That being said, Ashley Eckstein sounds legitimately disappointed when talking about it, and I'd definitely think that if the rumors weren't true that Filoni would tell her. So maybe Rosario does have the role, but it's for something other than saeson 2? I'd definitely love to see her in a live action show. I also want an animated follow up to Rebels with Sabine and Ahsoka looking for Ezra while he's dealing with Thrawn.

JiggysMyDayJob
Member since Jul 03rd 2002
5177 posts
Thu Apr-23-20 09:34 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "This is top Filoni"
In response to Reply # 1

>In terms of the Rosario/Ahsoka casting rumors, it doesn't make
>sense to me. They had already finished filming season 2 of
>Mando when that rumor came out. There's been no official
>confirmation So unless it's a true leak (and with them being
>able to keep Baby Yoda under wraps I'd think they could also
>keep this quiet.)
I think it's confirmed that she's playing Ashoka. I know Rosario hasn't spoken on it but from most of the industry stuff around it's pretty much a lock she's playing the role unless it's just an internet rumor gaining enough traction to become true.

>That being said, Ashley Eckstein sounds legitimately
>disappointed when talking about it, and I'd definitely think
>that if the rumors weren't true that Filoni would tell her.
That's the sad part she's voiced Ashoka for so long, but at the same time how many voice actors get to play the actual character when a live-action happens?
A lot of times it just doesn't translate. and at the same time hearing Rosario's voice as Ashoka is going to be a bit jarring.

I also want an animated follow up to Rebels with Sabine
>and Ahsoka looking for Ezra while he's dealing with Thrawn.

I don't just want, but I need this. I'm imagining that Thrawn and Ezra are in Chiss space fighting whatever Thrawn has been preparing for his whole time with the Empire. In the comics, Thrawn stated his purpose to be in the Empire is to learn from/serve them. And in return, when the Chiss needs help to fight the big bad that's lurking out beyond the outer Rim that the Empire in return would help out.

I'd love to see an adult Ezra as a jedi helping the Chiss fight whatever is coming for the SW Galaxy.

sometimes u gotta leave ur inner nigger in the bank vault. - desus

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpress.com
itunes:https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249
facebook: facebook.com/situationpodemy
@SituationPodemy

soulfunk
Charter member
10994 posts
Fri Apr-24-20 12:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "My goodness this episode today was great. "
In response to Reply # 0

Revenge of the Sith is going to feel completely different now...

go mack
Member since May 02nd 2008
4020 posts
Sat Apr-25-20 10:25 AM

4. "RE: My goodness this episode today was great. "
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah, I don't really have anything to add but if people have slept on this show or way behind I'd recommend watching these last 2 episodes and the final 2 to come at the very least cuz this is getting awesome.

Heinz
20758 posts
Sat Apr-25-20 10:30 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Fucking epic. "
In response to Reply # 3

Making me want to watch Solo and Ep3 right now. Did you see Dryden Vos?!?

----------

IG @erichrigonan

JiggysMyDayJob
5177 posts
Mon Apr-27-20 12:49 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "I saw Vos"
In response to Reply # 5

That was a awesome easter egg.

This show just makes me want a post Order 66 animated series and not like Rebels. I want to see the slow consolidation of power by Palps and Vader. See the Black Sun in action and etc...

@SituationPodemy

soulfunk
Charter member
10994 posts
Tue Apr-28-20 06:44 PM

7. "Rewatched these last two episodes. Gotta give credit "
In response to Reply # 0

to Kevin Kiner for the music. They obviously made the Siege of Mandalorian arc as a four part movie to end the series, not just a regular arc, and everything is stepped up to feature film quality. The music is flat out amazing though - his mixing of classic John Williams themes along with what he built for this show has been so impressive.

Quick example - at the beginning when Anakin helps Kenobi against the droid army, Kiner scored an updated version of the music from Return of the Jedi when Luke was about to attack everyone on Jabba’s barge above the Sarlac pit. The scenes are a complete parallel of each other - same music playing as the tension builds, and in both cases it’s R2-D2 ready to spring the trap helping out Luke/Anakin.

Heinz
20758 posts
Wed Apr-29-20 09:39 AM

8. "he should be working on the Obi Wan series"
In response to Reply # 7

----------

IG @erichrigonan

Heinz
20758 posts
Fri May-01-20 11:17 AM

9. "HOLYYYYY SHITTTTTTTTTTT"
In response to Reply # 0

----------

IG @erichrigonan

soulfunk
Charter member
10994 posts
Fri May-01-20 04:07 PM

10. "Dave Filoni did it. He really did it."
In response to Reply # 9

soulfunk
Charter member
10994 posts
Mon May-04-20 09:12 AM

11. "What a ride...amazing. "
In response to Reply # 0

Heinz
20758 posts
Mon May-04-20 11:36 AM

12. "What an ending!!!"
In response to Reply # 11

----------

IG @erichrigonan

jrocc
Charter member
6494 posts
Mon May-04-20 10:29 PM

13. "those last 4 episodes went HARD!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

amazing.

go mack
4020 posts
Wed May-06-20 05:36 PM

14. "Yep, Filoni pretty much confirmed post 4"
In response to Reply # 0

https://news.yahoo.com/star-wars-fans-watch-last-215426758.html

"The way I wrote these four was intended that if you actually had never seen any other episodes of 'Clone Wars,' these four episodes should be enjoyable on their own. That impacted the way I wrote it," said Filoni.

People sleeping on this show. I wish these last 4 were the actual Clone Wars movie instead of the intro movie we got that was pretty bland.

soulfunk
Charter member
10994 posts
Thu May-07-20 11:57 AM

15. "I'd be shocked if Disney+ doesn't put this arc up as a movie."
In response to Reply # 14

soulfunk
Charter member
10994 posts
Thu May-07-20 12:10 PM

16. "After watching this and the Mandalorian documentary, Disney"
In response to Reply # 0

needs to just give the reigns of Star Wars to Filoni. Seeing those directors like Favreau, Chow, Famuyiwa, Howard, and Waititi all giving props to Filoni and relying on him for ensuring their stories all fit within the Star Wars vision was revealing.

And even more revealing was seeing the footage of Filoni and Lucas, and realizing that he's the one person who REALLY understands the story vision Lucas was going for, and he actually has the ability to bring that to the masses. Make Filoni the Star Wars Feige with him focusing on story, while Kennedy focuses on the business side of movie making.

I'd LOVE to know Filoni's honest thoughts on the sequel trilogy, given the obvious lack of an overall plan for the story. I know he had to have been sitting there like Palpatine - "Use my knowledge, I beg you"

Heinz
20758 posts
Thu May-07-20 01:14 PM

17. "Theres 8 eps of that doc right?"
In response to Reply # 16
Thu May-07-20 01:16 PM by Heinz

btw i agree with everything you said. Since he wants to direct let him learn as he leads all of Star Wars. 1-2 episodes on every show, shadow directors on each movie and eventually let him do his own movie. At the least let him direct most of an Ahsoka show.

----------

IG @erichrigonan

JiggysMyDayJob
5177 posts
Tue May-12-20 09:37 AM

18. "I think live action series or film is next for him"
In response to Reply # 17

I feel like Disney let him do the Mando stuff to see how he does with live-action versus animated before they give him something really big. So far he's proven he can do live action and at this point, it should be a no brainer since he has more SW knowledge than anyone.

In Dave I trust is all I can say.

@SituationPodemy

Heinz
20758 posts
Wed May-13-20 10:45 AM

19. "I love the dudes creativity but he aint ready "
In response to Reply # 18

his directing on his episodes arent enough proof and did not wow enough for anyone to be like hes ready for an entire movie LOL Plus he had Fav helping. He still needs some time and thats ok
----------

IG @erichrigonan

JiggysMyDayJob
5177 posts
Wed May-13-20 12:44 PM

20. "You think so? "
In response to Reply # 19

I dunno, I think he's ready but you have a point there with Fav helping out. At least let him be the storyteller. He knows the most about the property, other than Lucas.

@SituationPodemy

soulfunk
Charter member
10994 posts
Wed May-13-20 09:10 PM

21. "I agree with that...I think he needs more experience directing live "
In response to Reply # 20

action before he's ready to direct a feature film in the SW franchise. But like I mentioned above, he should be in a Kevin Feige like position as producer, working with the LucasFilm Story Group on the overall story progression to be there is an overall plan and that that plan doesn't contradict previous content...

go mack
4020 posts
Thu May-14-20 09:43 AM

22. "Bo-Katan in Mandelorian season 2"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mandalorian-season-2-bringing-star-165821215.html

Can't wait!

Heinz
20758 posts
Fri May-15-20 07:31 PM

23. "So rumours are Ahsoka, Boba, Rex, Bo Katan?!?! "
In response to Reply # 22

*light sabre jerk motion* i cant wait

----------

IG @erichrigonan

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #738532 Previous topic | Next topic