Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #737713

Subject: "Morbius (Daniel Espinosa, 2020)" Previous topic | Next topic
j0510
Member since Feb 02nd 2012
2315 posts
Mon Jan-13-20 09:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Morbius (Daniel Espinosa, 2020)"

MORBIUS - Teaser Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLMBLuGJTsA

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Morbius (Daniel Espinosa, 2020)
Jan 14th 2020
People want to know the entire plot in the trailer
Jan 14th 2020
      I had to stop watching trailers online because I got tired of...
Jan 14th 2020
      OK,that's fair, BUT...
Jan 16th 2020
Biggest question is this MCU or nah?
Jan 15th 2020
RE: Biggest question is this MCU or nah?
Jan 16th 2020
Terrible movie.
Apr 01st 2022
Honestly I’m happy to hear how shit it is
Apr 01st 2022
I think this movie is the result of the weird contractual obligations be...
Apr 05th 2022
Yup
Apr 06th 2022
Makes sense, there’s no other reason that this movie is so boring
Apr 06th 2022

xangeluvr
Charter member
9014 posts
Tue Jan-14-20 12:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Morbius (Daniel Espinosa, 2020)"
In response to Reply # 0

How is this a teaser when its 2.5 minutes (normal trailer length) long just basically showed the whole movie?

GamerTag and PSN: PokeEmAll

handle
Charter member
18941 posts
Tue Jan-14-20 06:51 PM

2. "People want to know the entire plot in the trailer"
In response to Reply # 1

Or they won't see the movie.

https://www.marketplace.org/2019/07/03/to-get-people-to-theaters-movie-trailers-have-been-giving-away-entire-plots/

Movie trailers are ads. Rigorously tested ads.

Studios spend hundreds of thousands of dollars producing them. Cummins said agencies cut different ones to appeal to different audiences, like baby boomers or action fans. Each trailer is revised endlessly.

“It can go on for months, like one trailer can have 50 versions, and that’s just one of the many that were cut,” Cummins said.

Then the studios test the trailers in front of movie audiences and smaller focus groups. They ask people: Would you see this movie?

A lot of the time, people “want to know what they’re buying,” said David Singh, a movie marketing executive at Solstice Studios. “You know, they want to know a little bit more about the plot.”

Singh used to be on the marketing team at 20th Century Fox, where he worked on one of the more notorious trailer overshares in recent movie history. It was the trailer for the 2015 film “The Martian,” which featured Matt Damon playing an astronaut stuck on Mars.

“We initially wanted to tell you very little about the film because we didn’t want to spoil much of the plot,” Singh said.

But they felt like they had to. Damon had just played a stranded astronaut in another movie called “Interstellar,” and the studio needed to make this movie stand out.

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8747 posts
Tue Jan-14-20 07:41 PM

3. "I had to stop watching trailers online because I got tired of..."
In response to Reply # 2

... having the movie's plot spoiled in the trailer.

I get, I guess.

If a viewer has to spend $30 ($10-15 for the ticket and another $15-$20 on concessions) they want to know they're getting a good value.

But as someone who likes to be surprised by the movie, seeing everything does no good to me.

xangeluvr
Charter member
9014 posts
Thu Jan-16-20 06:18 AM

5. "OK,that's fair, BUT... "
In response to Reply # 2

it's also supposed to be a TEASER. For people that need more of the plot leave that for the full trailer and for those that don't make an actual teaser.

GamerTag and PSN: PokeEmAll

JiggysMyDayJob
Member since Jul 03rd 2002
5178 posts
Wed Jan-15-20 06:59 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "Biggest question is this MCU or nah?"
In response to Reply # 0

The *SPOILER* reveal of Vulture says yes, but the scene with the Toby Mac Spidey on poster spray painted says Sony only. Is this going to be a Venom situation again?

sometimes u gotta leave ur inner nigger in the bank vault. - desus

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpress.com
itunes:https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249
facebook: facebook.com/situationpodemy
@SituationPodemy

go mack
Member since May 02nd 2008
4020 posts
Thu Jan-16-20 12:09 PM

6. "RE: Biggest question is this MCU or nah?"
In response to Reply # 4

my guess is no, but they may use some of the Sony Spiderman movie stuff, if that is Vulture, maybe they can even get Jake's Mysterio if they wanted. Im sure this will tie into Venom and Sinister Six tho at some point unless it bombs and they just move on. I think Sony is doing what they can to make a shared universe but MCU will not incorporate any of this stuff in their movies.

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86670 posts
Fri Apr-01-22 12:33 AM

7. "Terrible movie."
In response to Reply # 0

Sony really sucks at this.

Words can't describe how bad Leto is here. At least Matt Smith is having a little fun.

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

walihorse
Member since Aug 03rd 2006
16125 posts
Fri Apr-01-22 01:05 PM

8. "Honestly I’m happy to hear how shit it is"
In response to Reply # 0

I dislike Jared Leto and don’t understand how he still gets lead roles.

Sucks though cuz Morbius is a cool character.

If a fat guy falls in the woods and there is no one around to see it, do the trees laugh?

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49393 posts
Tue Apr-05-22 02:55 PM

9. "I think this movie is the result of the weird contractual obligations be..."
In response to Reply # 0

Sony and Marvel. There is no other purpose of this movie.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

herbiehowsermc
Member since Mar 26th 2004
1785 posts
Wed Apr-06-22 08:27 AM

10. "Yup"
In response to Reply # 9

They just need to continually put out Spiderman properties or the rights automatically revert back to Marvel.

They will continue to put out whatever nonsense they can come up with because they will continue to make up for all of their losses with the royalties from the MCU Spider Man movies and appearances.

pretentious username
Member since Jun 18th 2010
12493 posts
Wed Apr-06-22 12:07 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "Makes sense, there’s no other reason that this movie is so boring"
In response to Reply # 9

>Sony and Marvel. There is no other purpose of this movie.
>

Here’s the thing though: clearly Sony wants to strengthen their movies’ relationship to the MCU to increase their box office. I think as long as they put out shit like this the MCU will only give them scraps. They get Venom popping up for a second in the MCU and not interacting with anyone, then they get Vulture popping up in the Venomverse. I love Keaton and all, but that’s basically nothing since they don’t appear to have future plans for him. Might as well send them Yellowjacket.

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #737713 Previous topic | Next topic