Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #736029

Subject: "The Suicide Squad (James Gunn, 2020)" Previous topic | Next topic
bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
7903 posts
Thu Sep-19-19 08:18 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The Suicide Squad (James Gunn, 2020)"

Full cast: https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1172598575257346049?s=19

They can only fail upwards from what WB did to David Ayer so...

Also, the cast is much better here than from the first one. All they need is Will back.

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
yeah I assumed Will was never coming back
Sep 19th 2019
RE: yeah I assumed Will was never coming back
Sep 19th 2019
End of Watch is fantastic
Sep 19th 2019
      that is a perfect description for Bright
Sep 20th 2019
Release date August 6, 2021 n/m
Sep 20th 2019

BigWorm
Charter member
10269 posts
Thu Sep-19-19 12:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "yeah I assumed Will was never coming back"
In response to Reply # 0

As it was, I was surprised that he'd take a supporting role like that. Maybe he thought the movie would do much better and he'd get a spin-off film?

I would guess either they can't afford him this time around, or someone he trusts told him to get off that train, regardless of the director.

Either way, I think Gunn can do a MUCH better job than Ayer. TBH, I don't think Ayer's a good writer OR director. I looked through his filmography and basically Harsh Times was the only movie of his I dug. Bright was just embarrassing.

Maybe Warner/DC ruined his original vision for Suicide Squad, but I'm not that convinced that his original vision would have been that much better. It definitely wasn't the super villain Dirty Dozen that everyone wanted.

howisya
Member since Nov 09th 2002
39868 posts
Thu Sep-19-19 12:56 PM

2. "RE: yeah I assumed Will was never coming back"
In response to Reply # 1

>TBH, I don't think Ayer's a good writer OR director. I looked
>through his filmography and basically Harsh Times was the only
>movie of his I dug. Bright was just embarrassing.

end of watch is dope. that and harsh times are my favorites. i liked fury. he also wrote training day, which i love. these alone are enough reason for me to be interested in seeing a workprint of suicide squad before all the producer meddling in postproduction.

navajo joe
Member since Apr 13th 2005
5433 posts
Thu Sep-19-19 01:32 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "End of Watch is fantastic "
In response to Reply # 1

Everything else he's done I give zero fucks about including his writing on Training Day which is a movie that works solely on the performance of Denzel and to a lesser extent Hawke.

Suicide Squad is one of the worst major budget films I've seen from a technical perspective

Bright is the movie you make when you no one is there to shield you from your own lack of talent

"Things aren't looking too good for black people right now PR-wise"
Tracy Morgan

"The way that you control a motherfucker that ain't don't nothing is you give them something. Then you hold it over their heads."
Patrice O'Neal

Rjcc
Charter member
90240 posts
Fri Sep-20-19 01:13 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "that is a perfect description for Bright"
In response to Reply # 3

because someone needed to be like "this ain't it"

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

go mack
Member since May 02nd 2008
3703 posts
Fri Sep-20-19 04:01 PM

5. "Release date August 6, 2021 n/m"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #736029 Previous topic | Next topic