Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #735779

Subject: "Mr. Robot (Season 4, USA)" Previous topic | Next topic
j0510
Member since Feb 02nd 2012
2221 posts
Tue Aug-27-19 09:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Mr. Robot (Season 4, USA)"

Mr. Robot | TRAILER: Back To Work - The Final Season Premieres October 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4r1X1wG1FQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Cant wait!
Aug 28th 2019
I am so nervous about this final season
Aug 29th 2019
I think the big difference between the two
Sep 07th 2019
let's save the anxiety for shows that actually deserve it, though
Sep 09th 2019
      that's fair
Sep 09th 2019
RE: Mr. Robot (Season 4, USA)
Sep 06th 2019
they lost me after the first 4 episodes of season 2 were all a dream
Sep 11th 2019
I wasn't too thrilled with season 2 at first either
Sep 11th 2019
I forgot everything that happened up to this point
Sep 12th 2019
a lot of these shows require watching recaps before each season
Sep 12th 2019
Mr. Robot According To Leon | Series Recap
Sep 12th 2019
I highly recommend checking out mac quayle
Sep 16th 2019

KnowOne
Charter member
39576 posts
Wed Aug-28-19 10:43 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Cant wait!"
In response to Reply # 0

nm

PS+ ID: KnowOne215 | XBL GamerTag: KnowOne 215

BigWorm
Charter member
10246 posts
Thu Aug-29-19 06:28 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I am so nervous about this final season"
In response to Reply # 0

Game of Thrones taught me that any show can be ruined by the last season.

I remember saying to my friend that it would take serious effort for Game of Thrones to drop the ball right at the end. But drop the ball they did.

Mr. Robot is my favorite show right now. I really really hope they know how to stick the landing.

navajo joe
Member since Apr 13th 2005
5380 posts
Sat Sep-07-19 09:58 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "I think the big difference between the two"
In response to Reply # 2

is that Benioff & Weiss were not nearly as smart or talented as Sam Esmail. So once they extended out beyond the material it was a shit show. That and the reduced episode order was the recipe for that disaster.

I fell off the Mr. Robot train after season 2 largely because it's just too much for me given the times we live in (I don't fuck w/ Black Mirror for the same reason) but I hope they can close out strong and even without a classic final season I don't see it falling off a cliff like Thrones did.

"Things aren't looking too good for black people right now PR-wise"
Tracy Morgan

"The way that you control a motherfucker that ain't don't nothing is you give them something. Then you hold it over their heads."
Patrice O'Neal

araQual
Charter member
42154 posts
Mon Sep-09-19 04:49 AM

5. "let's save the anxiety for shows that actually deserve it, though"
In response to Reply # 2

i mean, in the current climate, i can understand your hesitation.
but comparing Mr. Robot to Game Of Thrones makes zero sense.
GoT was a very specific case study on how its particular show runners, whilst exceedingly great at *adapting* George's existing story, really had no fucking clue what to do once they exhausted the source material. even that last line i wrote makes no sense considering the thousands of pages of material they *didn't* use.

but Mr. Robot has been quality, through and through, with no such issues with its show runner, no slow decline & no dissing of the fan base by the creators. i understand some fans are still iffy on season 2, but i felt it stayed true to its own universe and tone. also, there is no 'source' material for Sam Esmail to fuck up, whereas with GoT it was a slow decline from around season 5 onward (some say earlier). it was obvious from GoT's tonal shifts, the reaaally bad dialogue & the nonsensical actions of the characters, that these motherfuckers didn't know what the fuck they were doing in the last few years of that show.

MR on the other hand, has a pretty definitive beginning, middle and end mapped out & it plans on sticking to it (GoT did not). we've had no collective reasons for mistrusting Esmail and his crew as much as we've had ANY reason to doubt Vince Gilligan and the BB/BCS crew. they got near-perfect batting averages, they respect their own mythology and therefore respect the FANS. the only thing that might fuck up Mr. Robot's swan song would be if they went full woke. wokeness is the main virus that's infected most of my favourite IPs in recent years, shoehorning political agenda at the cost of story, narrative and characters. thankfully MR hasn't succumbed to that infection, but if there's *anything* that could ruin this show, it's that shit right there.

V.

---
http://confessionsofacurlymind.com
https://soundcloud.com/confessionsofacurlymindredux
https://soundcloud.com/generic80sbadguy
https://soundcloud.com/miles_matheson

DROkayplayerâ„¢

BigWorm
Charter member
10246 posts
Mon Sep-09-19 11:59 AM

6. "that's fair"
In response to Reply # 5

Like I said, it's my favorite show, so I hope you're right.

j0510
2221 posts
Fri Sep-06-19 10:29 PM

3. "RE: Mr. Robot (Season 4, USA)"
In response to Reply # 0

Mr. Robot | A Showdown Between Elliot & Whiterose | Final Season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOvhcemArvI

naame
Charter member
20644 posts
Wed Sep-11-19 11:29 AM

7. "they lost me after the first 4 episodes of season 2 were all a dream"
In response to Reply # 0

and then all of a sudden the chinese were fighting a multinational corporation and they had kidnapped somebody and the guy was raping this other guys wife and shit just made no sense

BigWorm
Charter member
10246 posts
Wed Sep-11-19 02:37 PM

8. "I wasn't too thrilled with season 2 at first either"
In response to Reply # 7

But in the grand scheme of things it was flawlessly done. Season 3 is not only great but afterwards if you go back to season 2, you'll see how important it was in setting up major plot developments and twists. A lot of season 2 doesn't seem to make sense but later they build to so many "A-ha!" moments.

I thought season 1 was great, season 2 was meh and season 3 was incredible. Then when I rewatched it with my wife, seeing the clever way that season 2 set everything up, it became my favorite show.

It just might not be for you, but I would say give it another chance and push through season 2. It'll be a worthwhile trip.

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
14339 posts
Thu Sep-12-19 09:07 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "I forgot everything that happened up to this point"
In response to Reply # 0

Has it been that long of a break? Or is it just unmemorable (maybe just to me)?

I mean, I really enjoy the show. I just can't remember a lot of major plot points

wrecknoble
Member since Mar 15th 2005
1980 posts
Thu Sep-12-19 01:50 PM

10. "a lot of these shows require watching recaps before each season"
In response to Reply # 9

i think it just goes to show complex the writing/plot of modern TV can be

i'll definitely need to watch a recap before i start the new season, because i've also forgotten much of what was going down

Instagram (Digital):
http://www.instagram.com/npervaizphotography

Instagram (Film):
http://www.instagram.com/npervaizfilmphoto

j0510
2221 posts
Thu Sep-12-19 07:00 PM

11. "Mr. Robot According To Leon | Series Recap"
In response to Reply # 9

Mr. Robot According To Leon | Series Recap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJDmJeydt-w

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20384 posts
Mon Sep-16-19 12:28 PM

12. "I highly recommend checking out mac quayle"
In response to Reply # 0

the sound track for this show is amazing to me and he puts all of his stuff out there on spotify (and itunes i believe)

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #735779 Previous topic | Next topic