Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #735623

Subject: "Matrix 4 (Lana Wachoski, 20??)" Previous topic | Next topic
bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8020 posts
Tue Aug-20-19 03:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Matrix 4 (Lana Wachoski, 20??)"

Let's hope it doesn't suck!

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/matrix-4-keanu-reeves-carrie-anne-moss-lana-wachowski-1203307955/

Get ready to re-enter the Matrix.

Lana Wachowski is set to write and direct a fourth film set in the world of “The Matrix,” with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising their roles as Neo and Trinity, respectively.

Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures will produce and globally distribute the film. Warner Bros. Picture Group chairman Toby Emmerich made the announcement on Tuesday.

“We could not be more excited to be re-entering ‘The Matrix’ with Lana,” said Emmerich. “Lana is a true visionary—a singular and original creative filmmaker—and we are thrilled that she is writing, directing and producing this new chapter in ‘The Matrix’ universe.”

In addition to Wachowski, the script was also written by Aleksander Hemon and David Mitchell. Wachowski is also producing with Grant Hill. Sources say the film is eyed to begin production at the top of 2020.

The three previous films —“The Matrix,” “The Matrix Reloaded” and “The Matrix Revolutions” — have collectively earned more than $1.6 billion at the global box office. All three were written and directed by Lana and her sister, Lilly, and starred Reeves and Moss.

“Many of the ideas Lilly and I explored 20 years ago about our reality are even more relevant now. I’m very happy to have these characters back in my life and grateful for another chance to work with my brilliant friends,” Wachowski said.

The first “Matrix” had its 20th anniversary this year, marked by special screenings at select AMC locations starting on Aug. 30.

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Matrix 4 (Lana Wachoski, 20??)
Aug 20th 2019
Curious to see how they bring them back
Aug 20th 2019
Correct.
Aug 20th 2019
Just like the first one, my expectations are low.
Aug 21st 2019
Is There Really A Need To Do Another Matrix Movie?
Aug 21st 2019
i didnt realize both wachowskis were trans now.
Aug 21st 2019
nah, I'm good
Aug 21st 2019
is it gonna be an allegory on trans issues and such?
Aug 22nd 2019
this reply is fucking gross
Aug 22nd 2019
Oscar winning DP John Toll in negotiations to shoot this
Aug 22nd 2019
no one seems to mention that Lily Warchowski is not involved
Aug 23rd 2019

go mack
Member since May 02nd 2008
3793 posts
Tue Aug-20-19 04:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Matrix 4 (Lana Wachoski, 20??)"
In response to Reply # 0

Well, the best part of that is to see Matrix 1 in Imax August 30th now. lol Idk, I would love for another good Matrix movie but will see what we get. Keanu is having a resurgence now so why not.

JiggysMyDayJob
Member since Jul 03rd 2002
4777 posts
Tue Aug-20-19 06:24 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Curious to see how they bring them back"
In response to Reply # 0

they all basically died at the end of the last film, right?

sometimes u gotta leave ur inner nigger in the bank vault. - desus

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpress.com
itunes:https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249
facebook: facebook.com/situationpodemy
@SituationPodemy

bwood
8020 posts
Tue Aug-20-19 06:46 PM

3. "Correct."
In response to Reply # 2

>they all basically died at the end of the last film, right?
>
>

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
7500 posts
Wed Aug-21-19 12:06 AM

4. "Just like the first one, my expectations are low."
In response to Reply # 0

The first one was just lightning in a bottle. No shade. It's rare for any filmmaker to have a movie which altered filmmaking to such a degree much less be able to do it throughout a trilogy.

But I don't see anything in their filmography which suggests this new movie will be great. Granted, if they've been working on the script for years, that might help. (Lana and Lilly worked on the first Matrix for eight years before filming.)

Then again, I thought the first one would be trash judging from the trailer, so...

Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13510 posts
Wed Aug-21-19 01:29 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Is There Really A Need To Do Another Matrix Movie?"
In response to Reply # 0

The three movies and the one animated one was enough for me, it ended but not what I wanted it to but to me it should be left alone and time to create some other movies similar but not addition to it though.

These days no movie is taboo to touch, every movie is fair game to be remade, being re-casted, or making more sequels/prequels to.

I guess it's all opinions and we just have to wait and see, what happens, happens, it might be good, it might be bad.

https://DjJoeyJoe.bandcamp.com/album/Emerald-Dust

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
10656 posts
Wed Aug-21-19 02:36 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "i didnt realize both wachowskis were trans now."
In response to Reply # 0

i was reading this like 'who the hell is lilly?'.

------

BigWorm
Charter member
10365 posts
Wed Aug-21-19 09:15 AM

7. "nah, I'm good"
In response to Reply # 0

I also noticed how it said that Lana is working on it, but not both of the sisters.

Are they no longer working together?

That gives me even less confidence in them. But in general I've had it with this series

araQual
Charter member
42162 posts
Thu Aug-22-19 07:51 AM

8. "is it gonna be an allegory on trans issues and such?"
In response to Reply # 0

now that the men that originally wrote and directed the trilogy think they're women? i'm sure they'll at least ramp up all the S&M leatherbound shit we got from the originals. i dunno. i just don't see this being made just to tell a really good sci fi story. it's gonna have some woke shit in it. aaaand that'll be one more franchise ran into the ground due to the bullshit PC narrative pumped out by hollyweird.

if i'm still smokin when it comes out, i might catch a drive-in sesh. but more likely i'll just bootleg it cos fuck paying for this kinda shit anymore.

(ok that sounds salty as fuck but i'm still HOPING it's a good flick. the only real let-down in the franchise was the 3rd film, and even that got by on sheer scale & spectacle alone. Reloaded got better with repeat viewings (even the Architect scene...concordantly), but Revolutions got worse (why am i talking in so many parentheses)).

V.

---
http://confessionsofacurlymind.com
https://soundcloud.com/confessionsofacurlymindredux
https://soundcloud.com/generic80sbadguy
https://soundcloud.com/miles_matheson

DROkayplayer™

navajo joe
Member since Apr 13th 2005
6027 posts
Thu Aug-22-19 08:11 PM

10. "this reply is fucking gross "
In response to Reply # 8

"Regardless if you listen to me, in the end we'll see."
-Cee-Lo

"You’ve had 4 years of Trump University and are still failing the final exam smh"
-Bree Newsome Bass

bwood
8020 posts
Thu Aug-22-19 05:57 PM

9. "Oscar winning DP John Toll in negotiations to shoot this "
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/behind-screen/braveheart-cinematographer-john-toll-boarding-matrix-4-1233871

UGUST 22, 2019 3:09pm PT by Carolyn Giardina

'Braveheart' Cinematographer John Toll Boarding 'Matrix 4'
The two-time Oscar winner's credits include "Legends of the Fall,' 'The Thin Red Line' and 'Iron Man 3.'

The two-time Oscar winner's credits include "Legends of the Fall,' 'The Thin Red Line' and 'Iron Man 3.'
Cinematographer John Toll, who won two back-to-back Oscars for his work for Edward Zwick's Legends of the Fall in 1994 and Mel Gibson's Braveheart in 1995, is in negotiations to shoot the new Matrix movie, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Lana Wachowski, who co-created the trilogy with Lilly Wachowski, is returning to the director's chair for the endeavor, and Toll's deal, when closed, will reunite him with the filmmaker, for whom he shot features Cloud Atlas, Jupiter Ascending, and the Wachowskis' Netflix series, Sense8.

Matrix 4 is also bringing back Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss to their roles as Neo and Trinity. Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow are backing the return of the action franchise.

The DP's additional credits include Terrence Malick's The Thin Red Line (for which he earned a third Oscar nomination), as well as Almost Famous, The Last Samurai, Iron Man 3, Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk and the pilot for series Breaking Bad. He received the American Society of Cinematographers Lifetime Achievement Award in 2016.

Toll's next film is Harriet, directed by Kasi Lemmons and staring Cynthia Erivo, which is slated to open Nov 1.

BigWorm
Charter member
10365 posts
Fri Aug-23-19 06:17 AM

11. "no one seems to mention that Lily Warchowski is not involved"
In response to Reply # 0

Are they not still working together? Did Lily (wisely) pass on this?

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #735623 Previous topic | Next topic