Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #735581

Subject: "Mindhunter Season 2 " Previous topic | Next topic
Roadblock
Charter member
7871 posts
Fri Aug-16-19 06:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Mindhunter Season 2 "

Loved season 1

Season 2 Starts slow. Picking up as I watch episode 3. Hope it keeps on.

@GetoutTheroom
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
https://twitter.com/Jayric

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I'm almost done
Aug 17th 2019
I got 3 episodes left
Aug 18th 2019
Between this and the Atlanta Monster podcast
Aug 19th 2019
lol i listened to that podcast last year and i agree
Aug 27th 2019
Really good. Maybe not quite at level of first
Aug 26th 2019
Fantastic, just like the first season. Top-level TV.
Aug 29th 2019
Man this show gets me every time.
Sep 10th 2019
I just finished the season
Sep 12th 2019

navajo joe
Member since Apr 13th 2005
6569 posts
Sat Aug-17-19 08:47 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I'm almost done"
In response to Reply # 0

I hate this season's Tench subplot so fucking much. Fuck I hate it.

The handling of the march sequence was so stylistically jarring that I think actually would work so well....on a different show. This show is so stylistically consistent that to see something that is SO stylistically different is especially jarring. Whatever, I'm just happy to see Carl Franklin directing something high-profile.

Sister w/ the glasses is fanfuckingtastic and needs to be in all the things.

Herriman was almost unrecognizable (despite knowing it was him) except for the times Manson sounded like Dewey Crowe. The Tex Watson interview was just as interesting.

Shout out to Cameron Britton. He's so goddamn good. I watched his final eye-widening like 4 times it was so perfect.

In both seasons show crackles when it sticks to the crimes and the criminals and suffers when it focuses on the family/relationship lives of the three leads but Anna Torv has the only interesting subplot between the two seasons which is nice to see.

More thoughts later but those are initial things that I wanted to speak on.

-------------------------------

A lot of you players ain't okay.

We would have been better off with an okaycivics board instead of an okayactivist board

bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8613 posts
Sun Aug-18-19 01:49 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I got 3 episodes left"
In response to Reply # 0

Loving this season so far. They wasted no time getting back into things.

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23876 posts
Mon Aug-19-19 03:12 PM

3. "Between this and the Atlanta Monster podcast "
In response to Reply # 0

Wayne Williams is probably the most annoying person to listen to. Props to dude portraying him.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

wrecknoble
Member since Mar 15th 2005
2276 posts
Tue Aug-27-19 01:24 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "lol i listened to that podcast last year and i agree"
In response to Reply # 3

this actor did a great job of being just as irritating as the real Wayne Williams

i'm also glad that this season focused more on Tench and his family issues, as opposed to Ford and his romantic life / panic attacks.

Wendy's side story was just OK to me.

i kind of wish this season had more interviews with the killers - those are what made the first season so damn interesting.

i wonder if there will be a season 3?

---

Frisson Radio | Saturdays 6-8 PM EST | 89.5 FM (Toronto) | www.ciut.fm
https://www.instagram.com/frissonradio

calminvasion
Charter member
12573 posts
Mon Aug-26-19 11:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "Really good. Maybe not quite at level of first"
In response to Reply # 0

All three main characters are so strong.

Old dudes 7yold is the scariest character in this. Is he acting or did they just get a kid with those issues. If the former, wow.

I spoke to an old head at lunch today and he lived thru that time in ATL as a young father of a young girl and it was a scary time. I also don’t think he’d appreciate the portrayal of mayor Jackson and his team.

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86670 posts
Thu Aug-29-19 10:49 AM

6. "Fantastic, just like the first season. Top-level TV. "
In response to Reply # 0

McCallany is an all-timer FBI agent in TV/movies. He looks, acts, feels, even dresses exactly like real FBI agents. Everything he does is precisely like every FBI agent I've ever known.

The writing is great. The directing, with names like Dominik and Franklin (!), is obviously great. Such tension for a show that's mostly people sitting and talking. They can make a twenty-minute scene feel like five minutes. Unreal.

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49393 posts
Tue Sep-10-19 01:39 PM

7. "Man this show gets me every time. "
In response to Reply # 0

I remember last season being frustated the first 2 or 3 episodes (why are we seeing people feed their cat and why does everyone speak so diliberately)? And then the back half of the series not being able to watch episodes fast enough.

Damn this show disturbs me. Have me wondering if I am a latent serial killer for getting sucked so much into the interviews.

And the interviews. Nothing like them on tv. How can they think we would be interested in their dating life when there are those interviews to get back to.
"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

nipsey
Charter member
9924 posts
Thu Sep-12-19 08:27 PM

8. "I just finished the season"
In response to Reply # 0

It was excellent. The Atlanta Child Murders storyline was amazingly compelling. I didn't mind Wendy's storyline. Although they pushed it to the side the last few episodes and Anna Torv had nothing to do. Bill's wife was beyond annoying though. First with her being in denial that her "sweet little boy" was a creepy @$$3d killer. Then with her getting mad at Bill like it's his fault. Then bouncing while he's away at work. Eff her.

Last 3 things I watched:

The Changeling Season 1 (Apple+): C
OMITB Season 3 (Hulu): B-
Ahsoka Season 1 (Disney

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #735581 Previous topic | Next topic