Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #733664

Subject: "Blue Velvet Gets Criterion Release with New “Lost Footage” - spin" Previous topic | Next topic
c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13962 posts
Tue Feb-19-19 07:11 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Blue Velvet Gets Criterion Release with New “Lost Footage” - spin"

https://www.spin.com/2019/02/david-lynch-blue-velvet-criterion-release-lost-footage/

NEWS \

David Lynch’s Blue Velvet Gets Criterion Release with New “Lost Footage”

Israel Daramola // February 19, 2019

David Lynch’s 1986 classic Blue Velvet is expected to go into the Criterion ranks this spring, as first reported by IndieWire. The new edition of the psychological noir, which stars Kyle MacLachlan, Isabella Rossellini, and Laura Dern, will come with a number of special features including a purportedly 51-minute compilation of bonus footage, such as deleted scenes and alternate takes, referred to as “The Lost Footage.” IndieWire also reports that the footage had been teased since it’s discovery back in 2011, when Lynch, talking to L.A. Radio station KCRW, mentioned his joy over finding the deleted scenes. “It’s incredible. I’m seeing stuff I thought was gone forever.”

Along with the new footage, the criterion edition will include the documentaries “Blue Velvet” Revisited from filmmaker Peter Braatz, looking back on the film’s legacy and the 70-minute “making of” movie Mysteries of Love, as well as a 4k restoration of the original film. Blue Velvet will mark David Lynch’s fourth film to receive the Criterion treatment, following after Eraserhead, Mulholland Drive, and Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. However, it is surely the only Criterion film that shows the proper respect due to Pabst Blue Ribbon. The Blue Velvet criterion will be released on May 28 on DVD and Blu-Ray.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
one of my favorite movies of all time
Feb 22nd 2019
I'LL FUCK ANYTHING THAT MOOOOVES
Feb 26th 2019
I love this movie, but I don't think I want too see lost footage
Feb 27th 2019

Hellyeah
Member since Jul 05th 2008
6507 posts
Fri Feb-22-19 06:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "one of my favorite movies of all time"
In response to Reply # 0

Deebot
Member since Oct 21st 2004
26762 posts
Tue Feb-26-19 01:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I'LL FUCK ANYTHING THAT MOOOOVES"
In response to Reply # 0

BigWorm
Charter member
10385 posts
Wed Feb-27-19 10:16 AM

3. "I love this movie, but I don't think I want too see lost footage"
In response to Reply # 0

Just based on almost every other one of his films, I would guess that the extra footage is all nightmarish surreal shit that totally muddles the story and makes you think that the whole thing might just be a dream.

He has pulled that shit one too many times. Pass.

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #733664 Previous topic | Next topic