Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #725116

Subject: "Gotham Season 4 AKA Batboy Begins...too soon?" Previous topic | Next topic
Beamer6178
Member since Jan 09th 2006
6379 posts
Sat Sep-30-17 10:17 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Gotham Season 4 AKA Batboy Begins...too soon?"

The villains have always been the most compelling feature of this show to me and they're being set up nicely so far.

HOWEVER...

I always envisioned that Gotham would be the most extended foreplay ever with the final scene showing the obvious entrance of Batman. Almost seems like they're throwing this baby Bats stuff out to keep the show alive for several more seasons. There's no telling on how long this show will last, but at this point Bruce doesn't seem to go to school anymore, he just carouses at night.

While I like the interplay between Fox, Alfred, and Bruce, it would be nice if they showed him developing his double life, as a prep school student by day, and a budding detective/scientist/hand to hand combat expert at night. He could be joining underground fight clubs, training with martial artists and fight coaches, working with a scientist as a lab assistant, doing forensic work, ACTUAL rock climbing, GAINING MUSCLE MASS LOL, starting to build the batcave....just things to show that he is gearing up for who/what he is to become. Perhaps there will come a point in this season where he realizes that his desires and his abilities are too far apart and he devotes himself to more serious training, but right now, Fox seems to want to milk the "flashes of Batman in action as a boy" to death.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
it's just.... poorly done
Oct 02nd 2017
RE: it's just.... poorly done
Oct 03rd 2017
      right
Oct 04th 2017

Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Mon Oct-02-17 09:54 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "it's just.... poorly done"
In response to Reply # 0

....I like the villains and Alfred, AND Bullock, but not much else.... They're trying to turn this show into Smallville, which is a bad idea....

It'd be great if a recurring theme was Gordon always trying to catch these guys but failing... Only managing to make them lay low for awhile....

...I like Bruce...sorta.... I hate that they're trying to make him into baby bats... he should know that he's not ready for the streets, and they should be focusing on him using his intellect more as it grows....

"yes, sometimes my rhymes are sexist, but you lovely bitches and hos should know i'm tryin to correct it"- hiphopopotamus

JtothaI
Charter member
17134 posts
Tue Oct-03-17 01:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "RE: it's just.... poorly done"
In response to Reply # 1

>It'd be great if a recurring theme was Gordon always trying to
>catch these guys but failing... Only managing to make them lay
>low for awhile....

I like this idea, it might get a little formulaic unless they got really creative with how they eluded him each week but it's a solid idea.

Setting the city up for needing a "hero"

Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Wed Oct-04-17 02:56 PM

3. "right"
In response to Reply # 2

...maybe he catches them every once in awhile, but they're overwhelming him....

"yes, sometimes my rhymes are sexist, but you lovely bitches and hos should know i'm tryin to correct it"- hiphopopotamus

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #725116 Previous topic | Next topic