Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #719789

Subject: "Big Little Lies (HBO)" Previous topic | Next topic
SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Mon Feb-20-17 10:38 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Big Little Lies (HBO)"

Solid premiere episode, although I could see being turned off by the annoying rich people. Reese Witherspoon is pretty great in it, Nicole Kidman is Nicole Kidman (take it or leave it), and Shailene Woodley holds her own against them.

I wonder how long they'll go before revealing who was killed. I kind of wished I'd known it wouldn't be revealed before the end of the pilot because I was waiting for it.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I liked it. It's intriguing to me.
Feb 21st 2017
man...those interrogation scenes in the pilot were HORRIBLE
Feb 25th 2017
I thought they established the town as a character
Feb 25th 2017
Ep. 2 - More of the Same
Feb 26th 2017

natenate101
Member since Apr 21st 2015
681 posts
Tue Feb-21-17 12:39 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I liked it. It's intriguing to me. "
In response to Reply # 0

Sometimes over the top dramas like this can be engulfing when done well. Thought it looked good, and the plots while cliche still held my interest. Always dig Adam Scott and Reese is on one. I'm in.

ternary_star
Charter member
15211 posts
Sat Feb-25-17 11:24 AM

2. "man...those interrogation scenes in the pilot were HORRIBLE"
In response to Reply # 0

what a bad choice. horrendously acted and just awkwardly repeating what we're actually seeing in the scenes with the women.

pilot could've been intriguing without the jarring intercutting of the police shit, but as-is, i could barely get through it.

SoulHonky
25919 posts
Sat Feb-25-17 11:30 AM

3. "I thought they established the town as a character"
In response to Reply # 2

Without them, it would have seemed more like just four people arguing and it established the hierarchy of the town a bit but, yeah, they seemed like they came out of a more comedic show and could have been less on the nose.

Good idea, questionable execution.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

SoulHonky
25919 posts
Sun Feb-26-17 09:12 PM

4. "Ep. 2 - More of the Same"
In response to Reply # 0

This one had me checking how many episodes there were total. Just kind of felt like a rehash of the initial episode's issues. The interrogations felt more random to me this time and less necessary than in the first ep.

Still in but this one wasn't great.

----

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #719789 Previous topic | Next topic