Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #719641

Subject: "Scarface remake coming 2018" Previous topic | Next topic
Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Fri Feb-10-17 03:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Scarface remake coming 2018"

As weird as it seems, I feel like a Coen Brothers touch is the only way this possibly COULD work in 2018, but it doesn't say if they're going to direct or not. Regardless, this has so many opportunities to be bad, so I'm not at all optimistic.

Universal Pictures announced Friday that it will release a remake of Al Pacino’s classic crime tale “Scarface” on August 10, 2018, filling in a slot previously listed as “Untitled Universal Event Film.”

The studio has Joel and Ethan Coen attached to the project to polish the script, which had been previously worked on by “Boardwalk Empire” creator Terence Winter.

The plot will follow the basic framework of Pacino’s film, but will change it from a Cuban immigrant in Miami to a Mexican immigrant in Los Angeles. Antoine Fuqua was originally brought on to direct the film, but had to back out due to prior obligations. Universal has yet to announce a replacement.

Martin Bergman, who produced Pacino’s “Scarface,” is returning in the same role. Marc Shmuger, Scott Stuber and Dylan Clark are also on to produce the film.

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Agreed. Its gotta be a totally different tonal take.
Feb 10th 2017
are they just writing and not directing?
Feb 13th 2017

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Fri Feb-10-17 04:21 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Agreed. Its gotta be a totally different tonal take."
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Feb-10-17 04:22 PM by BigReg

>As weird as it seems, I feel like a Coen Brothers touch is
>the only way this possibly COULD work in 2018, but it doesn't
>say if they're going to direct or not. Regardless, this has so
>many opportunities to be bad, so I'm not at all optimistic.

Coen's also have one of the most underrated gangster flicks under their belt too in Millers Crossing...but if they aint guiding this project from directing/casting/editing/producting/writing...I don't see it being even B movie enjoyable. Like you said, too many opportunities to fuck this up

makaveli
Charter member
16307 posts
Mon Feb-13-17 04:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "are they just writing and not directing?"
In response to Reply # 0

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #719641 Previous topic | Next topic