Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #718878

Subject: "The Good Fight (Good Wife spinoff) 2/19 CBS All Access" Previous topic | Next topic
SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Mon Jan-09-17 01:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The Good Fight (Good Wife spinoff) 2/19 CBS All Access"

I really love the trailer for this one and especially like to see Delroy Lindo and Erica Tazel here. Granted, I would have preferred seeing Erica in a Tim & Rachel spin-off of Justified but this will do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c1LihE9kFw

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I don't smoke but I'm here for Cush
Jan 09th 2017
Looks like they hired another for the main?
Jan 15th 2017
Solid first two episodes.
Feb 19th 2017
right where the Good Wife left off, very solid show
Mar 14th 2017
We need a crossover episode with Major Crimes
Mar 14th 2017
I'm almost finished with Season 1
Mar 09th 2019
I'm Loving "Good Fight" So Far
Aug 16th 2019

Melanism
Charter member
20446 posts
Mon Jan-09-17 03:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I don't smoke but I'm here for Cush"
In response to Reply # 0

lfresh
Member since Jun 18th 2002
92696 posts
Sun Jan-15-17 07:45 PM

2. "Looks like they hired another for the main?"
In response to Reply # 1

Kinda pissed about that
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.

SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Sun Feb-19-17 11:49 PM

3. "Solid first two episodes."
In response to Reply # 0

I want to like Rose Leslie but the shaky accent coupled with a kind of poor little rich girl storyline aren't doing it for me so far.

The amount of f-bombs in the premiere seemed odd although I guess that CBS' older crowd won't be signing onto the web. They did kind of make mention of the language in the second episode so I wonder if they'll clean it up from here on out.

Solid show so far. Love the actors. Want to see more of Delroy and Ericka Tazel.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

Ray_Snill
Charter member
16833 posts
Tue Mar-14-17 01:11 AM

4. "right where the Good Wife left off, very solid show"
In response to Reply # 0

I almost lost it seeing Elsbeth on tonight's episode and she didn't disappoint. has he ever received any Emmy love for her performance as Elbeth cause Carrie be killing it. why Matthew Perry, folks didn't like him on the OG.

<=========================================
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/PYzh4v9cSf4FDnq3yMQyqNqh79o=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4079674/jlio.0.gif

handle
Charter member
18917 posts
Tue Mar-14-17 12:27 PM

5. "We need a crossover episode with Major Crimes"
In response to Reply # 0

I'd watch

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

nipsey
Charter member
9924 posts
Sat Mar-09-19 12:55 PM

6. "I'm almost finished with Season 1"
In response to Reply # 0

I never watched "The Good Wife", but I followed the casting announcements for this show and when I saw it was going to take place at a Black firm, I decided to give it a shot. It just took me a while to get started considering we are in peak TV and I have a long queue of shows to watch.

That said, I finally started this moth and I like the show so far. But Maia Rendell is the worst. I'm at the episode with Jane Lynch playing the federal investigator. It's ridiculous that she continues to lie and try to protect her parents where they are guilty as sin. Her father even tried to set her up for crying out loud! But now she's in the crosshairs of the government for something she didn't do.

Last 3 things I watched:

The Changeling Season 1 (Apple+): C
OMITB Season 3 (Hulu): B-
Ahsoka Season 1 (Disney

Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13770 posts
Fri Aug-16-19 08:07 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "I'm Loving "Good Fight" So Far"
In response to Reply # 0

I was a big fan of "Good Wife" and was watching episode after episode was like one of the highlights of my week, that show had so much going on like a soap opera on crack, fast paced, great writing, etc.

So when I heard about a spin-off (fuck that wack ass cliffhanger/last episode of "Good Wife") I was hyped, I didn't even know it was already been on for a while but only on "CBS on Demand" (sorry I'm not paying for no demand b.s.) I knew it would eventually make it's way to regular television programming.

Anyway, so far so good, it feels like they probably got some of the same writers & producers, not just reoccurring actors/roles, season one was good, really really good, I think I need to go back and see it again, cause they really pack in a lot of inside jokes & hints that sometimes I miss it while trying to figure out what's going on.

Only thing I missed was the season finale ep. cause I was listening to Rap Is Outta Control on XM Radio and lost track of time, this is one of the few good shows on, "9-1-1" is another show I like a lot on t.v. that keeps my attention too.

https://tinyurl.com/y4ba6hog

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #718878 Previous topic | Next topic