Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #715394

Subject: ""David Lynch:The Art Life" Documentary - trailer in the link - RS Swi..." Previous topic | Next topic
c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13955 posts
Sat Sep-03-16 10:12 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
""David Lynch:The Art Life" Documentary - trailer in the link - RS Swi..."
Sat Sep-03-16 10:23 AM by c71

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/creep-into-david-lynchs-world-in-first-art-life-trailer-w437923

Creep Into David Lynch's World in First 'Art Life' Documentary Trailer

"Private memoir" tracks director's life from nomadic upbringing to Philadelphia art school to 'Eraserhead'

By Daniel Kreps

David Lynch: The Art Life, a documentary about the acclaimed director's childhood up through his early films, is among the movies debuting this weekend at the Venice Film Festival. Ahead of its premiere, the film has unfurled its first trailer, packed with striking archival footage, Lynch's own paintings and the director's trademark lilt serving as narrator.

"I think every time you do something, sometimes the past can conjure those ideas," Lynch says in the trailer. "In those days, my world was no bigger than a couple of blocks. Huge worlds are in those two blocks."

The documentary, directed by Jon Nguyen and dedicated to Lynch's youngest daughter, follows Lynch's nomadic upbringing in rural Montana and Idaho to his move to Philadelphia to pursue a career as a painter.

"Sickness, corruption, fear in the air: It was so good for me," Lynch says of his time in Philadelphia in the trailer. "I could imagine a whole world that doesn't exist. I had tremendous freedom. My own little place that really would be such a world."

Lynch would later move to Los Angeles, where he would slowly construct his 1977 cult classic Eraserhead. The director furthers discusses his groundbreaking early films in The Art Life, which he and Nguyen bill as a "private memoir." Lynch's own quasi-memoir Life & Work is scheduled for publication in 2017.

Empire also shared a clip from David Lynch: The Art Life that focuses on the director's childhood as well as his disturbing artwork.

https://youtu.be/eFTFPCNlzOQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
13-Part Masterclass With David Lynch Online - spin.com swipe
Mar 19th 2019

c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13955 posts
Tue Mar-19-19 05:49 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "13-Part Masterclass With David Lynch Online - spin.com swipe"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.masterclass.com/

https://www.spin.com/2019/03/david-lynch-masterclass/

NEWS \

You Can Now Take a 13-Part Masterclass With David Lynch Online

Winston Cook-Wilson // March 19, 2019

A 13-part class with David Lynch is now available on Masterclass, the burgeoning startup that offers digital masterclasses from a stunning and expensive variety of famous people. The subject of the class, which costs $90 as a standalone purchase ($180 with a full Masterclass subscription), is listed as “creativity and film.” The company’s site lists the full lesson plan for the class, including a segment on Lynch’s famous process of “catching ideas,” working with actors, sound design, “breaking the rules,” and (of course) “the art of life.” The class’ bonus episode is an exploration of one of Lynch’s favorite topics of discussion and instruction: transcendental meditation.

Masterclass currently offers courses from dozens of household or near-household names including Timbaland, Serena Williams, Spike Lee, Werner Herzog, Judd Apatow, Carlos Santana, Steve Martin, Martin Scorcese, Aaron Sorkin, Hans Zimmer, Tom Morello, Usher, Reba McIntire, and (why not) deadmau5. David Lynch released his lost Thought Gang collaborative album with Angelo Badalamenti last year, and published a memoir. His last film release (possibly of all time?) was Twin Peaks: The Return.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #715394 Previous topic | Next topic