Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #711862

Subject: "Wild speculation on how The Sokovia Accords will affect the Netflix seri..." Previous topic | Next topic
Invisiblist
Charter member
33760 posts
Tue May-10-16 11:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Wild speculation on how The Sokovia Accords will affect the Netflix seri..."

Obviously ya boy Daredevil and Luke Cage and Jessica Jones and all them can't just do whatever and ignore the Sokovia Accords now, right?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I think they can avoid them pretty well
May 10th 2016
The Alfre Woodard casting is just odd
May 11th 2016
That's the problem with the disconnect between films and TV
May 11th 2016
Does anyone here still watch that show?
May 11th 2016
      I do.
May 11th 2016
They said this shit like, 80 times in SHIELD tonight.
May 10th 2016
Coulson kinda explained it actually
May 12th 2016
You'd think Hell's Kitchen would be world news
May 13th 2016
      hell's kitchen is bigger than you think
May 13th 2016
           Haha. That's awesome.
May 13th 2016
           LOL
May 13th 2016

CaptNish
Member since Mar 09th 2004
14495 posts
Tue May-10-16 11:18 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "I think they can avoid them pretty well"
In response to Reply # 0

They so street level that they can just be vigilantes without having to worry about showing up on the governments radar.

But that being said, the movie division stays shitting on their TV peoples. It was one thing when it was just SHIELD because fuck that show, but they do the Netflix shows dirty just the same by not allowing them to be party to the conversation to be able to adapt and adjust to the stat quo.

_
Yo! That’s My Jawn: The Podcast - Available Now!
http://linktr.ee/yothatsmyjawn

SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Wed May-11-16 12:42 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "The Alfre Woodard casting is just odd"
In response to Reply # 1

If you know she's going to play a role in Luke Cage, why are you casting her for a single scene in Cap 3? I love Alfre Woodard but you can get someone else to play that role in Cap 3 and avoid the continuity problem.

But, yeah, I doubt the Sokovia Accords would really affect those guys too much. If anything, Jessica Jones is a great argument against the Accords because are the people of Hell's Kitchen really going to have to wait for a UN panel to convene to get the OK for her going after Kilgrave?

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8613 posts
Wed May-11-16 07:14 AM

4. "That's the problem with the disconnect between films and TV"
In response to Reply # 3

Robert said to get her for that role and they listened. No one found out about Luke Cage until it was too late.

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8613 posts
Wed May-11-16 07:21 AM

5. "Does anyone here still watch that show?"
In response to Reply # 1
Wed May-11-16 07:22 AM by bwood

>
>But that being said, the movie division stays shitting on
>their TV peoples. It was one thing when it was just SHIELD
because fuck that show, but they do the Netflix shows dirty
>

I'm confused cause I'm told the network isn't happy with the ratins, but they ordered a spin-off and another season.

I know AGENT CARTER is pretty much cancelled, but hopefully Netflix can pick up a third season finally focusing on forming SHIELD.

Edit: I did a Google search and it seems the network isn't to keen on the spin-off.

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

CaptNish
Member since Mar 09th 2004
14495 posts
Wed May-11-16 08:35 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "I do. "
In response to Reply # 5

I think just out of brand loyalty. It's better, and they're doing INSANE shit on there now that no one is paying attention... but it still isn't a very good show. That spin off was and is a dumb idea as Hunter and Bobby are easily the two most likable people on the show. So taking them away is so stupid.

_
Yo! That’s My Jawn: The Podcast - Available Now!
http://linktr.ee/yothatsmyjawn

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23877 posts
Tue May-10-16 11:39 PM

2. "They said this shit like, 80 times in SHIELD tonight."
In response to Reply # 0

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

jrocc
Charter member
6504 posts
Thu May-12-16 10:28 PM

7. "Coulson kinda explained it actually"
In response to Reply # 0

the Avengers operate in the spotlight and SHIELD operates in the shadows. i highly doubt anyone is paying attention to what's going on in Hells Kitchen. maybe once they get together as the Defenders or do something outside of New York people will take notice.

SoulHonky
25919 posts
Fri May-13-16 12:10 PM

8. "You'd think Hell's Kitchen would be world news"
In response to Reply # 7

The amount of crime that's been going down in less than one square mile is absolutely insane.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

sndesai1
Member since Feb 02nd 2013
1229 posts
Fri May-13-16 02:45 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "hell's kitchen is bigger than you think"
In response to Reply # 8

https://editorial-ny.dnainfo.com/interactives/2015/04/mta-according-to-daredevil.jpg

SoulHonky
25919 posts
Fri May-13-16 04:06 PM

10. "Haha. That's awesome."
In response to Reply # 9

----

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Fri May-13-16 04:20 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
11. "LOL"
In response to Reply # 9

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #711862 Previous topic | Next topic