Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #705214

Subject: "ABC f'd up w/ Happy Ending Appreciation!" Previous topic | Next topic
boyd
Member since May 15th 2006
7654 posts
Wed Dec-02-15 10:19 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"ABC f'd up w/ Happy Ending Appreciation!"

All 3 seasons will live through though

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
They deserve credit for letting it go three seasons.
Dec 02nd 2015
I was on this show early, I watched the show change
Dec 02nd 2015
This show reminds me of Brooklyn Nine Nine.
Dec 02nd 2015
      I find BK99 still very good and very consistent
Dec 02nd 2015
           Gina has become a lot more tame.
Dec 02nd 2015
Same with Selfie and Dont Trust The B.....
Dec 02nd 2015
I still watch Selfie, that was a great show
Dec 03rd 2015
      Damn i forgot about Suburgatory!
Dec 03rd 2015
           I literally wanna punch people in the face that like TBBT
Dec 03rd 2015
It's hard to watch all the cast go to other shows to play less interesti...
Dec 02nd 2015
i thought the ladies were friends and the guys were friends
Dec 03rd 2015
Wish it landed on Netflix
Dec 03rd 2015
Bitch it is 5:30!!!
Dec 12th 2015

SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Wed Dec-02-15 10:54 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "They deserve credit for letting it go three seasons."
In response to Reply # 0

Can't carry a low rated show for too long. USA was in talks to pick it up but I guess it was too expensive; they wouldn't have been able to go forward with their development slate.

I also think it might have been better to end where it did than go with a relationship between Penny and main dude.

Definitely a hidden gem though. Although one of my favorite jokes, "It was in a book I listened to!" is actually becoming the norm.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

Dae021
Member since Mar 12th 2003
39375 posts
Wed Dec-02-15 01:11 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "I was on this show early, I watched the show change"
In response to Reply # 0

They managed to change the formula of the first 6 episodes REALLY quickly. They recognized that this is a much better friends type of show instead of a Elisha Cuthbert and Zachery Knighton vehicle, but a true ensemble. The show took off.

Leaning on the relationship dynamic of Eliza Coupe & Damon Wayans Jr. Throw in some zany Penny and Max antics and you've got some good shit almost every episode.

Really good show, but like the above poster, I think it ended where it was meant to. Its a show that's appreciated by those that saw it, but it was never going to be a huge hit.

I'm surprised they got 57 episodes to be honest.

Get out the room,
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/get-out-the-room/id525657893

Situation Podemy love

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpres

Numba_33
Charter member
19335 posts
Wed Dec-02-15 02:27 PM

3. "This show reminds me of Brooklyn Nine Nine."
In response to Reply # 2

Great ensemble show in the first season that is suffering tremendously in the subsequent seasons.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

Dae021
Member since Mar 12th 2003
39375 posts
Wed Dec-02-15 02:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "I find BK99 still very good and very consistent"
In response to Reply # 3

More Capt Holt, a little less Jake, and the show is always fantastic with more Gina.

Get out the room,
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/get-out-the-room/id525657893

Situation Podemy love

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpres

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49424 posts
Wed Dec-02-15 07:52 PM

6. "Gina has become a lot more tame. "
In response to Reply # 4

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Sofian_Hadi
Member since Jan 03rd 2003
5629 posts
Wed Dec-02-15 07:09 PM

5. "Same with Selfie and Dont Trust The B....."
In response to Reply # 0

Selfie was a terrible name for a show and prolly put people off from giving it a shot but it was hilarious. I miss all three shows.

---------------------------------------

"The world is before you and you need not take it or leave it as it was when you came in." - James Baldwin

Ray_Snill
Charter member
16839 posts
Thu Dec-03-15 03:48 PM

9. "I still watch Selfie, that was a great show"
In response to Reply # 5

ABC has had some pretty good shows not find an audience, like Suburgatory & GCB

<=========================================
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/PYzh4v9cSf4FDnq3yMQyqNqh79o=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4079674/jlio.0.gif

Sofian_Hadi
Member since Jan 03rd 2003
5629 posts
Thu Dec-03-15 04:07 PM

10. "Damn i forgot about Suburgatory!"
In response to Reply # 9

ABC had alot of good shows that didnt catch on. I still dont get how people find Chuck Lorre shows funny at all.

---------------------------------------

"The world is before you and you need not take it or leave it as it was when you came in." - James Baldwin

Ray_Snill
Charter member
16839 posts
Thu Dec-03-15 05:56 PM

11. "I literally wanna punch people in the face that like TBBT"
In response to Reply # 10

I gotta admit though, Two and a Half Men in the Charlie Sheen years was fricken hilarious. but Mom and the aforementioned are awful shows

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/PYzh4v9cSf4FDnq3yMQyqNqh79o=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4079674/jlio.0.gif

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49424 posts
Wed Dec-02-15 07:56 PM

7. "It's hard to watch all the cast go to other shows to play less interesti..."
In response to Reply # 0

characters.

This show also solved a problem that I have seen with a lot of other ensemble shows answering the question, why would all these people be friends?

It's hard to have a diverse cast and give a plausible explanation as to why the lesbian chick is hanging out with the straight white dude. See Marry Me.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Thu Dec-03-15 10:01 AM

8. "i thought the ladies were friends and the guys were friends"
In response to Reply # 7
Thu Dec-03-15 10:03 AM by Calico

on marry me...they all became friends when the main two hooked up

"yes, sometimes my rhymes are sexist, but you lovely bitches and hos should know i'm tryin to correct it"- hiphopopotamus

mrshow
Charter member
12567 posts
Thu Dec-03-15 09:32 PM

12. "Wish it landed on Netflix"
In response to Reply # 0

Ray_Snill
Charter member
16839 posts
Sat Dec-12-15 03:04 AM

13. "Bitch it is 5:30!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #705214 Previous topic | Next topic