Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #704131

Subject: "Will Netflix movies ever get a dvd release?" Previous topic | Next topic
normal35762
Member since Oct 20th 2004
13246 posts
Sat Oct-31-15 11:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Will Netflix movies ever get a dvd release?"

Like I wanna see that Nina Simone docu but I want it on dvd. You think that it will get a proper release down the line?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
it depends on the studio
Oct 31st 2015

howisya
Member since Nov 09th 2002
39983 posts
Sat Oct-31-15 01:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "it depends on the studio"
In response to Reply # 0

so you'd have to check for each title who really owns the property. house of cards and orange is the new black can be rented and bought elsewhere because netflix licenses rather than owns those series. i think they took the lesson of their own success to own more of their original series outright. i'm not sure yet how much that extends to their films. as someone who still has a disc rental plan with them as well as streaming, i've found it enormously odd that they don't have their original content available to rent as discs. you'd think that would be a no brainer. my only explanation so far is maybe they find discs easier to pirate than streams and want to avoid their content being bootlegged more easily.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #704131 Previous topic | Next topic