Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #703892

Subject: "I Saw the Light (Marc Abraham, 2015)" Previous topic | Next topic
bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8614 posts
Sat Oct-24-15 02:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I Saw the Light (Marc Abraham, 2015)"

Dogshit. I had people over at the crib last night and we watched this as the 2nd film of the night since I had a DVD screener that I need to give back to Sony. It's pure dogshit b.

I hope the director never makes a film a again. He owes Hank Williams an apology and I hate country music, but wow...

I felt bad for Tom Hiddleston & Elizabeth Olsen are owed an apology too.

Wanna know how bad this is look at this:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/i_saw_the_light/ (29% on RT)

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/tom-hiddleston-i-saw-the-light-moved-1201620083/

Sony Pictures Classics has moved its Hank Williams biopic “I Saw the Light,” starring Tom Hiddleston, out of awards season from Nov. 28 to March 25, 2016.

Hiddleston and co-star Elizabeth Olsen had received strong reviews when the film premiered at the Toronto Film Festival in September.

But Sony Classics execs decided against a late November release due to Hiddleston’s lack of availability to promote the movie due to his commitment to shoot “Kong: Skull Island.”

“I Saw the Light” will now open against Warner Bros.’ “Batman V. Superman,” Universal’s “My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2” and Fox’s “Keeping Up With The Joneses.”

Written and directed by Marc Abraham, the movie is based on Colin Escott’s biography, with Bradley Whitford, David Krumholtz and Cherry Jones also starring. RatPac Entertainment’s Brett Ratner and Bron Studios’ Aaron L. Gilbert produced the film, while G. Marq Roswell and Abraham. James Packer of RatPac Entertainment and Jason Cloth of Creative Wealth Media Finance exec produced.

Williams was born in 1923 in Alabama and broke out in the post-World War II era with the song “Move It on Over.” Among his hits are “I Saw the Light,” “Lost Highway,” “Jambalaya (on the Bayou),” “Ramblin’ Man,” “You Win Again” and “Lovesick Blues.” He suffered from spina bifida and died at age 29 of heart failure.

The news was first reported by Deadline Hollywood.

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
damn this shit fell off the map.
Jun 21st 2016

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Tue Jun-21-16 11:29 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "damn this shit fell off the map."
In response to Reply # 0

seen it pop up on torrents today.
i had completely forgotten bout this shit.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #703892 Previous topic | Next topic