Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #701528

Subject: "The Get Down (Netflix, Luhrmann)" Previous topic | Next topic
lfresh
Member since Jun 18th 2002
92696 posts
Fri Aug-07-15 01:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The Get Down (Netflix, Luhrmann)"

definitely delete if theres a post, i just couldn't find it

frankly i wasn't looking forward to it i just know they are going to get it wrong
but since Vinyl is coming (post going up shortly) i figure it'll be a compare and contrast type thing

if you still didn't know here is Baz telling you about it:

http://www.vulture.com/2015/02/baz-luhrmann-get-down.html

Baz Luhrmann Tells Us All About His New Netflix Show, The Get Down

Baz Luhrmann has started casting his new Netflix drama The Get Down — and he’s not just looking for established talent with agents. In an exclusive interview with Vulture, the director/producer says that while he’s “already looking at some great talent out there who are professionals,” he’s also determined to feature undiscovered performers on his first-ever TV series, which will explore the rise of hip-hop culture from the ashes of New York City’s 1970s malaise. To find that unknown talent, Luhrmann and his production team today are launching TheGetDownCasting.com, a site where performers will be able to submit video auditions. Their initial focus: finding African-American and Latino actors (male and female) between the ages of 18 and 21. “The thing is, the entire show is hung on bright young people,” Luhrmann explains. “There are many professional at that age. But I don’t want to miss some extraordinary young person who’s just months away from sending in a tape to some casting agent. You need to spread the net very broadly.”

In his first extensive interview since Netflix confirmed it was moving forward with The Get Down, Luhrmann revealed a few more details about the project, including his plans for using music on the show, the broad range of writers he’s hired, and exactly when the show will take place.

The idea for the show has been percolating inside Luhrmann’s head for close to a decade.
“I’ve been on this since before Gatsby,” he says. “Not constantly. But for about seven years, and maybe as long as ten … I’ve had this kind of passion to explore the big idea — a city that’s on its knees, and a borough that’s beyond on its knees. And out of it comes a cultural force that, 40 years later, it’s an all-pervasive culture, not just here but throughout the world. Look at what’s going on with Hamilton, the play on Broadway, or Empire.

Writing has already begun, with some well-known scribes attached.
“I’m hunkered down in my little white box around Chinatown, writing it … with a great team of writers.” Luhrmann says. Among those working on the show, he says, are some who “lived in the Bronx at the time” the show is set, including Seth Zvi Rosenfeld (The Writing on the Wall). Author and journalist Nelson George is also “on our writing team,” Luhrmann says, as are Brooklyn playwright Radha Blank, Aaron Rahsaan Thomas, Sam Bromell, Jacqueline Rivera, and, as previously reported, novelist/TV writer Thomas Kelly. “We’ve spent several years doing quiet but very in-depth research,” he adds. In addition to Luhrmann, other executive producers on the show include Kelly, Shawn Ryan, Catherine Martin, Paul Watters (Australia), Marney Hochman (The Shield), and Stephen Adly Guirgis (Motherfucker With the Hat), who is also a writer on the show.

The show will use music from the past, as well as original compositions …
Because Sony is producing The Get Down, “We’ll have lots of recognizable, classic cuts” on the soundtrack, Luhrmann says. “We will be using very authentic music from the time. But our young characters — and this is crucial: Their songs are from a mythological musical group. So we have to see them create their own music ... That’s important because we want to show an aspirational story. We’re going to use music as a way of allowing the world to be very authentic.”

… and Luhrmann hopes to have many collaborators help create that music.
While he’s got a good sense of the show’s plot and story lines, “I’m in the middle of the evolution for the music,” Luhrmann says. There’s been TV-industry buzz for some time now that the director might be looking to bring in a big-name musical partner for The Get Down, the way he recruited Jay Z for The Great Gatsby. Luhrmann’s response to that idea? “There’s not much to say on that now, except: yes,” he says. “I want to work with great veterans and new talent. I’m definitely down the road with several and different key collaborators.” But the director also describes himself and his partners as “serial collaborators,” hinting there might not just be one big musical partner on this show. “It’s one of the great joys of my life to work with all kinds of collaborators,” he says.

Luhrmann is also hoping some of the people he recruits through the open casting call could end up writing original music for the show. “If they have musical talents, I’d like to see them contribute,” he says. “I’d like to see them write with us in the musical language of the show.” And as with his feature films, it’s likely those musical components will exist outside the series itself. “The music life of the show will be huge,” he says. “There will be albums that come out of the show.”

Season one will take place over three years.
“We start right in ’77, and we finish on the dawn of the ’80s,” Luhrmann says. And, yes, because of that time frame, The Get Down will tackle the disco era. “A lot of people think disco happened and then hip-hop came along,” he says. “But there was a very, very potent crossover period, and we’re really exploring that. Disco gets written off because it went through a dumbing-down period toward the end. But there was a very rich period of disco, of dance music that was very underground.”

The start of production is just around the corner.
Even though no big casting has been announced and the new audition website has just launched, cameras will be rolling in a matter of months in advance of the 2016 release date. “We want to be shooting by no later than the end of May,” he says. And then, with a laugh, Luhrmann adds: “So please send your videos to TheGetDownCasting.com — as soon as possible!”
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
and Jaden spotted on set
Aug 07th 2015
This could be the most liked show in Okayplayer history.
Aug 08th 2015
This show looks ill! *Trailer*
Jan 16th 2016
August 12th release date
Jan 18th 2016
New trailer is great but this makes me nervous
Jul 26th 2016
Jesus Christ, that's a shit ton of cash.
Jul 27th 2016
Looks great, but...
Jul 27th 2016
Herizen F. Guardiola is smoldering b.
Aug 12th 2016
Herizen F. Guardiola is smoldering b.
Aug 12th 2016
She bad
Aug 13th 2016
it took me a hot minute...
Aug 14th 2016
quite enjoyed it
Aug 14th 2016
anyone else learn anything?
Aug 15th 2016
cosign on the OJ
Aug 16th 2016
Cadillac in my top 5 dancing coke heads
Aug 15th 2016
Who are the other top 5?
Aug 16th 2016
      #2 - Gator, "Jungle Fever", #3 Tony Montana, "Scarface"
Aug 22nd 2016
           I was thinking about this lol
Aug 25th 2016
LOVING this now...
Aug 20th 2016
Wild Style meets Warriors meets West Side Story
Aug 21st 2016
Wild Style meets Warriors meets West Side Story
Aug 22nd 2016
RE: Wild Style meets Warriors meets West Side Story
Aug 22nd 2016
      thanks guys. included WSS to pitch it to ppl over 40 lol
Aug 23rd 2016
think piece writing backlashers are the new backpackers
Aug 23rd 2016
Somebody told me that Nas wrote the main character's raps...
Aug 25th 2016
yep...
Aug 26th 2016
yup he flows exactly like him too
Aug 28th 2016
      Nas did the voice over for it, so...
Sep 05th 2016
I loved it. The scoring is AMAZING. Love the kids. LOVE Shameik Moore
Sep 02nd 2016
Started out too heavy on Baz
Sep 05th 2016
Up for Part 2, I'm hoping they have a season 2
Apr 09th 2017
Season 2 was dope...
Apr 10th 2017
yeah it was..
Apr 10th 2017
i thought the cartoons helped...
Apr 11th 2017
      reports said it was $4 million over budget.
Apr 25th 2017
      Those were his inner-thoughts on what he was feeling...
Apr 26th 2017
I just got through the first four eps. Better than I expected.
Apr 25th 2017
i agree
Apr 27th 2017
Recommendation, taken
Apr 27th 2017
Cancelled
May 24th 2017
Limited Baz and that budget. No surprise
May 24th 2017
      cheaper to make a tv series about streaming pandora at the gym
May 25th 2017
      It's Glee meets "Let's Get Physical"!
May 25th 2017
      it was never "great"
May 27th 2017
      I'm mad you just made me think about Vinyl again.
May 28th 2017
      Yep wasn't expecting a season 2
May 29th 2017
I really liked this show :/
May 28th 2017

lfresh
92696 posts
Fri Aug-07-15 01:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "and Jaden spotted on set"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.lovebscott.com/news/first-look-jaden-smith-sports-afro-wig-while-filming-new-netflix-series-the-get-down-in-new-york-photos

~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8751 posts
Sat Aug-08-15 01:25 PM

2. "This could be the most liked show in Okayplayer history."
In response to Reply # 0

The musical director carousel is a good approach to getting all of the trends of the period down. ?uest would be a great consultant because of his knowledge of the time period and the level of detail he went to when he was the music director on Chris Rock's sitcom.

Hopefully there will be alot of people of color behind the scenes and in front of the camera. If nothing else shows like the ones Shonda produces and Empire and others are getting people of color more experience in TV which will get them in the pipeline for other projects down the line.

CaptNish
Member since Mar 09th 2004
14495 posts
Sat Jan-16-16 07:30 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "This show looks ill! *Trailer*"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zejyzr5vW3A

I'm in.

_
Yo! That’s My Jawn: The Podcast - Available Now!
http://linktr.ee/yothatsmyjawn

SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Mon Jan-18-16 03:40 PM

4. "August 12th release date"
In response to Reply # 0

Really looking forward to this.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

SoulHonky
25919 posts
Tue Jul-26-16 12:23 PM

5. "New trailer is great but this makes me nervous"
In response to Reply # 0

http://variety.com/2016/tv/features/the-get-down-netflix-baz-luhrmann-production-troubles-1201822679/

An inside joke on the set of Baz Luhrmann’s “The Get Down” proposed an alternate title for the new Netflix series. Because the troubled production had started, stopped, and stalled so many times as scripts were written, tossed, and rewritten, some writers had taken to calling the show “The Shut Down.”

Over the two-and-a-half years since the hip-hop-focused project was set up at Netflix, Luhrmann went through two showrunners, numerous writers, and no small amount of strain with producer Sony Pictures Television. Production of the 12-episode season, the first half of which premieres Aug. 12, went well over the original budget of about $7.5 million per episode and wound up costing at least $120 million overall, with New York state tax incentives factored in, according to sources.

That makes “The Get Down,” Luhrmann’s first TV series, among the most expensive in history. It’s a huge bet even for Netflix, which has disrupted Hollywood with a seemingly limitless budget for original programming.

In an interview with Variety, Luhrmann revealed that he was so overwhelmed by the process that he briefly considered abandoning “The Get Down.” The iconoclastic director of music-driven films such as “Moulin Rouge” went into the project expecting only a light level of involvement after getting “Get Down” on its feet.

(Article continues; didn't swipe the whole thing.)

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

bignick
Charter member
24054 posts
Wed Jul-27-16 11:48 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "Jesus Christ, that's a shit ton of cash."
In response to Reply # 5

biscuit
Charter member
8682 posts
Wed Jul-27-16 10:54 AM

6. "Looks great, but..."
In response to Reply # 0

all the talk of musical numbers makes me nervous. To be expected with Luhrmann, however.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

*Effasig*

bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8614 posts
Fri Aug-12-16 05:15 PM

8. "Herizen F. Guardiola is smoldering b."
In response to Reply # 0

I'm infatuated b.

Anyways this shit is really good. Three episodes in so far.

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8614 posts
Fri Aug-12-16 05:15 PM

9. "Herizen F. Guardiola is smoldering b."
In response to Reply # 0

I'm infatuated b.

Anyways this shit is really good. Three episodes in so far.

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

Brother Rabbit
Member since Oct 31st 2007
1617 posts
Sat Aug-13-16 09:03 PM

10. "She bad"
In response to Reply # 9

They're bureaucrats! I don't respect them.(c)Rick Sanchez

Voodoochilde
Charter member
3438 posts
Sun Aug-14-16 06:40 AM

11. "it took me a hot minute..."
In response to Reply # 0

it took me a hot minute to get the flow of it, but once i realized (partway through the 1st episode) that: "oh, this is actually a 'musical! Kinda like a west side story of that late 70s era in NYC" then i really relaxed and really enjoyed it!

like i said, only 1 ep in so far, but yeah, i'm having fun and digging it!

loving the nostalgia and the mythos and facts mixed in there together.

sfMatt
Member since Jun 20th 2002
10383 posts
Sun Aug-14-16 08:06 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "quite enjoyed it"
In response to Reply # 0

Herizen is ridiculous.

Those kids trying to figure out the crayon killed me.

jrocc
Charter member
6506 posts
Mon Aug-15-16 11:02 AM

13. "anyone else learn anything?"
In response to Reply # 0

I feel like I knew the basic story already but some minor details were interesting. for instance I had no idea what an OJ was.

definitely interested in seeing more. feels like it was just getting started when they had to stop.

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Tue Aug-16-16 12:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
15. "cosign on the OJ"
In response to Reply # 13

nm

IG: KnowOne215 | PS+ ID: KnowOne215

beatnik
Member since Oct 24th 2004
2950 posts
Mon Aug-15-16 11:00 PM

14. "Cadillac in my top 5 dancing coke heads"
In response to Reply # 0

Shao with the Naruto arms running around was hilarious to me. I was really worried I was going to be cringing or swinging my corny gavel but this show is awesome, I'm just mad I smashed through in one weekend because I would have had something great to watch for the rest of the week.

and Kool Herc reminded me of Bushido Brown.

PEACE LOVE and MONEY

https://soundcloud.com/dabeatnik/drumpf-beer

ShinobiShaw
Charter member
48550 posts
Tue Aug-16-16 02:22 PM

16. "Who are the other top 5?"
In response to Reply # 14

Yes you are right he deserves to be in there on skill alone.

http://soundcloud.com/djshinobishaw
http://www.rareformnyc.com
http://twitter.com/DJShinobiShaw
https://twitter.com/RareFormNYC
PSN: ShinobiShaw

"Arm Leg Leg Arm How you doin?" (c)T510

Castro
Charter member
50750 posts
Mon Aug-22-16 11:28 PM

21. "#2 - Gator, "Jungle Fever", #3 Tony Montana, "Scarface""
In response to Reply # 16

#4 Vincent Vega, "Pulp Fiction" #5- ????

But I agree, Cadillac has to be #1.

------------------
One Hundred.

beatnik
Member since Oct 24th 2004
2950 posts
Thu Aug-25-16 09:03 PM

25. "I was thinking about this lol"
In response to Reply # 21

I was just joking but Tyrone from Chappelle's Show is definitely #5

PEACE LOVE and MONEY

https://soundcloud.com/dabeatnik/drumpf-beer

Voodoochilde
Charter member
3438 posts
Sat Aug-20-16 08:37 PM

17. "LOVING this now..."
In response to Reply # 0

midway through and loving it.

there are some really EXCEPTIONAL acting performances all over the place in this show!

i'll come back and list some specifics (gotta go to work now so don't have time) but there are some actors & actresses doing some amazing work here....

this show has charmed me...

TRENDone
Charter member
15616 posts
Sun Aug-21-16 01:55 PM

18. "Wild Style meets Warriors meets West Side Story"
In response to Reply # 0

San Diego State's holy trinity of sports:
Kawhi Leonard
Marshall Faulk
Tony Gwynn (RIP)

#Aztec4Life

ThaAnthology
Charter member
21061 posts
Mon Aug-22-16 09:05 AM

19. "Wild Style meets Warriors meets West Side Story"
In response to Reply # 18

That was a brilliant summary. This show is so awesome on so many levels

www.anthologyfmn.com

Enter the Written World of Fahim Malik Nassar

The House of Caine (available)

Melancholoy Funk (available)

Tha Anthology (Words 2001-2003) Poetry inspired by OKP and Wash, DC
(available)

The Spook who sat by the Radio Poetry (av

Voodoochilde
Charter member
3438 posts
Mon Aug-22-16 07:45 PM

20. "RE: Wild Style meets Warriors meets West Side Story"
In response to Reply # 18

^
^
^
yep, thats a really great description!

TRENDone
Charter member
15616 posts
Tue Aug-23-16 11:16 PM

23. "thanks guys. included WSS to pitch it to ppl over 40 lol"
In response to Reply # 20
Tue Aug-23-16 11:17 PM by TRENDone

journalists and bloggers, feel free to use it.

San Diego State's holy trinity of sports:
Kawhi Leonard
Marshall Faulk
Tony Gwynn (RIP)

#Aztec4Life

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Tue Aug-23-16 11:01 AM

22. "think piece writing backlashers are the new backpackers"
In response to Reply # 0

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

The Analyst
Member since Sep 22nd 2007
4621 posts
Thu Aug-25-16 01:27 PM

24. "Somebody told me that Nas wrote the main character's raps..."
In response to Reply # 0

Is this true?

(I'm sure I could confirm by looking online, but just wondering.)

Haven't started this yet but I'll probably check it out soon...

----

Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Fri Aug-26-16 11:24 AM

26. "yep..."
In response to Reply # 24

show is awesome

"yes, sometimes my rhymes are sexist, but you lovely bitches and hos should know i'm tryin to correct it"- hiphopopotamus

gumz
Member since Jan 09th 2005
20118 posts
Sun Aug-28-16 06:16 AM

27. "yup he flows exactly like him too"
In response to Reply # 24

http://www.youtube.com/user/gumzization
twitter: @BrosefMalone

icecold21
Member since Jan 18th 2008
8433 posts
Mon Sep-05-16 10:46 PM

30. "Nas did the voice over for it, so..."
In response to Reply # 27

CherNic
Member since Aug 18th 2005
37156 posts
Fri Sep-02-16 08:46 PM

28. "I loved it. The scoring is AMAZING. Love the kids. LOVE Shameik Moore"
In response to Reply # 0

Billy Porter was hilarious. Love the intersection of politics and music. Love the old footage. Acting is a little over the top at times (especially Zeke lol) but love love love it.

In ep 6 was that supposed to be Run at the battle? Mustache in a bucket hat. Or am I reaching?

I would have FLOURISHED in the disco era

lfresh
92696 posts
Mon Sep-05-16 04:31 PM

29. "Started out too heavy on Baz"
In response to Reply # 0

Ended up in a decent spot
I'll give it another season if there is one
~~~~
~~~~

icecold21
Member since Jan 18th 2008
8433 posts
Sun Apr-09-17 10:33 AM

31. "Up for Part 2, I'm hoping they have a season 2"
In response to Reply # 0

It's an enjoyable series, and anything that gives us more Herizen G is a good thing.

Baz was saying in an interview I read that he and Netflix want a 2nd season, they just need to find a new showrunner.

gumz
20118 posts
Mon Apr-10-17 08:12 AM

32. "Season 2 was dope..."
In response to Reply # 0

could've wrapped up a bit more of the storylines at the end though.

I don't want to speak too much on it cause "spoilers" but overall i enjoyed it. It had a heavier tone than what i remember from season 1.

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Mon Apr-10-17 10:17 AM

33. "yeah it was.."
In response to Reply # 32

I didnt care for the cartoon cut scenes but I bet they were there to fill in for them being over budget. All and all great show.

gumz
20118 posts
Tue Apr-11-17 09:04 AM

34. "i thought the cartoons helped..."
In response to Reply # 33

they filled in some gaps. the only ones i wasn't feeling were the random hallucinations by Jaden.

I didn't know they had budget issues. Was this all shot as one season then split into two? I was surprised none of the kids aged at all. The budget thing would explain not revealing old Zeke or giving any of the character updates i was expecting it to end with.

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Tue Apr-25-17 08:10 AM

36. "reports said it was $4 million over budget. "
In response to Reply # 34

nm

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Wed Apr-26-17 10:36 AM

37. "Those were his inner-thoughts on what he was feeling..."
In response to Reply # 34

>random hallucinations by Jaden

Dude is seemingly struggling with who he is. So, I took the hallucinations as the imagery of his thoughts and feelings. I actually understood him a little better afterwards.

Shogun
Member since Jun 25th 2003
3042 posts
Tue Apr-25-17 07:55 AM

35. "I just got through the first four eps. Better than I expected."

overall, I still think the show falls flat. The writing is suspect, but the acting is good. Books and Shao are definitely my two favorite characters. I fuxwit Cadillac too.

The anachronisms and suspension of disbelief stuff is KILLING me though. I can't stand how they weave in real life people, but then have characters who are clearly supposed to represent that person.

The Village People and Donna Summer a part of the story, but Marrakech Star Records is supposed to be Casablanca Records. To whom Donna Summer was signed. HUH??!?

Back again for the first time.

lfresh
92696 posts
Thu Apr-27-17 11:50 AM

38. "i agree"

they decided to go all in and once it became apparent its a fairytale type deal
it was good
=)
~~~~
~~~~

Walleye
Charter member
15523 posts
Thu Apr-27-17 03:14 PM

39. "Recommendation, taken"

I enjoyed the first season but felt kind of exhausted of the whole enterprise when it was done. That's pretty much where Baz Lurhmann always leaves me.

But if people like this season, then I'm back in. What the hell else am I doing with my time?

"Walleye, a lot of things are going to go wrong in your life that technically aren't your fault. Always remember that this doesn't make you any less of an idiot"

--Walleye's Dad

bignick
Charter member
24054 posts
Wed May-24-17 07:46 PM

40. "Cancelled"
In response to Reply # 0

http://deadline.com/2017/05/the-get-down-canceled-netflix-one-season-1202102024/

‘The Get Down’ Canceled By Netflix After One Season

By Nellie Andreeva 15 mins ago

Netflix
I’ve learned that Netflix has opted not to proceed with a second season of Baz Luhrmann’s ambitious musical drama The Get Down. The decision comes after the second six-episode part of Season 1 was released last month. It is a rare Netflix original series not to get a second season.

The hip-hop-themed drama, set in the South Bronx section of New York City in the late 1970s, was among Netflix’s most expensive shows, with the 12-episode first season costing about $120 million.

The Get Down, which marked Luhrmann’s first TV series, went through a lengthy and difficult pre-production and production process, with showrunner and writer changes. The production delays led to the decision to air the first season in two batches, with the first one debuting last August.

While the first season carried Luhrmann’s creative stamp, with him serving as hands-on showrunner, he had said that his involvement in a potential second season of the Sony TV-produced series would be more limited.

In an interview with Vulture earlier this spring, Luhrmann had indicated that a second season is in the works. “To be honest, we have already developed the opening of the next season,” he said. “Sony and Netflix have been very driven about having a second season. There has been no question about that. They really want it.”

SoulHonky
25919 posts
Wed May-24-17 09:52 PM

41. "Limited Baz and that budget. No surprise"
In response to Reply # 40
Wed May-24-17 09:53 PM by SoulHonky

Netflix's Vinyl.

----

howisya
Member since Nov 09th 2002
39983 posts
Thu May-25-17 09:50 AM

42. "cheaper to make a tv series about streaming pandora at the gym"
In response to Reply # 41

SoulHonky
25919 posts
Thu May-25-17 11:01 AM

43. "It's Glee meets "Let's Get Physical"!"
In response to Reply # 42
Thu May-25-17 11:02 AM by SoulHonky

It's a musical workplace comedy about working in a gym and dealing with the crazies that come there. It's like Cheers but in a Planet Fitness! With song and dance!

Honestly, that could probably sell.

----

Basaglia
Member since Nov 30th 2004
49463 posts
Sat May-27-17 07:54 PM

44. "it was never "great""

Steph: I was just fooling about

Kyrie: I wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU_yE

bignick
Charter member
24054 posts
Sun May-28-17 12:27 PM

45. "I'm mad you just made me think about Vinyl again. "

>Netflix's Vinyl.

lfresh
92696 posts
Mon May-29-17 02:19 PM

47. "Yep wasn't expecting a season 2"

~~~~
~~~~

CherNic
Member since Aug 18th 2005
37156 posts
Sun May-28-17 02:22 PM

46. "I really liked this show :/"
In response to Reply # 0

Loved the music, loved the representation, loved (most of) tha actors.

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #701528 Previous topic | Next topic