Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #682374

Subject: "The Divide (new series featuring Nia Long + some Wire dudes)" Previous topic | Next topic
ZooTown74
Member since May 29th 2002
43582 posts
Wed Jul-16-14 07:04 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The Divide (new series featuring Nia Long + some Wire dudes)"

Anyone else gonna watch? It's co-created by Richard LaGravenese and Fitz from Scandal

(*updates show runner defense database*
*rolls eyes*)

Anyway, a Philadelphia case worker (whose boss is Paul Schneider) takes on the case of a white man (Chris Bauer from The Wire and True Blood, the greatest show of all time with no faults) who may or may not have been involved with the murder of a black family. The D.A. who was on the case, who is on the rise politically and is also married to Nia Long (who is giving me troubling Lady MacBeth vibes), wants to prevent any further investigation into the case, in part because He May Be Hiding Something. Clarke Peters is his dad. I've seen a couple of other Wire cats in the season clips.

The first episode is up online.

http://www.wetv.com/shows/the-divide

Things happen pretty briskly in the first episode. Fitz (fine, Tony Goldwyn) directed the pilot, so he may have been under that Speedy Shonda Rhimes Storytelling influence. Two episodes air the first night, on WeTV, which was a channel I didn't know I had until now. Promises to be intriguing, but I haven't seen anything so far that might be considered groundbreaking and therefore worth some people's time, save the scene of a young white woman rapping along to Mos De-- er, Yasiin Bey in her car.

Could be Wire-lite, or it could be utter trash, who knows?

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Snark + Showrunners Forever, This What I Do
*glares at camera*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
you had me at nia long.
Jul 19th 2014

boyd
Member since May 15th 2006
7654 posts
Sat Jul-19-14 08:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "you had me at nia long."
In response to Reply # 0

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #682374 Previous topic | Next topic