Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #659558

Subject: "Black Mirror (UK Season 1 & 2)" Previous topic | Next topic
lfresh
Member since Jun 18th 2002
92696 posts
Sun Sep-01-13 07:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Black Mirror (UK Season 1 & 2)"

Who's watched?
I'm playing catch up now and its pretty good

If you dont know:
"Black Mirror is a British television drama mini-series created by Charlie Brooker and shows the dark side of life and technology. The series is produced by Zeppotron for Endemol. Regarding the programme's content and structure, Brooker noted, "each episode has a different cast, a different setting, even a different reality. But they're all about the way we live now – and the way we might be living in 10 minutes' time if we're clumsy."
An Endemol press release describes the series as "a hybrid of The Twilight Zone and Tales of the Unexpected which taps into our contemporary unease about our modern world", with the stories having a "techno-paranoia" feel. Channel 4 describes the first episode as "a twisted parable for the Twitter age"."

trailer
http://youtu.be/pimqGkBT6Ek

article

http://boingboing.net/2013/02/18/brookers-black-mirror-decode.html

Black Mirror decodes our modern dread of technology

By Leigh Alexander at 7:04 am Mon, Feb 18, 2013

The English have a coy euphemism for addiction: “moreish.” It summons the delightful anxiety in surrendering your control to something else, the ambivalent cocktail of desire and guilt. We feel it flickering in the periphery, and we feel our smartphones in the middle of a restaurant dinner.

We live with the inability to fall asleep without a glassy black object nearby – you don’t need your phone when you’re going to bed, exactly, but you take no ease unless you know where it is. We lock our phones without a concrete reason besides the fact that letting someone else pick it up and look feels violating, too-intimate. It summons a nonspecific anxiety.

Game designer and critic Ian Bogost’s iOS-centric installation, at the Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville, aims to explore what the designer sees as a relationship between technology and religion; he likens the iPhone to a rosary, something we thumb automatically, observant. As a journalist on games I once craved the mainstreaming of designed interaction – now I startle to enter a silent subway car full of passengers with heads in laps, faces illuminated by screens, tapping.

The role of horror media in our culture is to show us our fears, to illuminate unspoken anxieties. Charlie Brooker’s Channel 4 series Black Mirror, something of a spiritual successor to The Twilight Zone, takes up the mantle for the digital age. Launched last year and now in its second season, it was inspired by the popular satirist and presenter’s own ambivalence to the increasing proliferation of these dark little screens; he found himself sincerely conversing with Siri (“a servile asslick with zero self-respect”), routinely performing the thoughtless tug-and-pop of Twitter refreshes.

Black Mirror's format is one I wish more American series emulated; rather than spooling shows into endless seasons of quick hits, it’s more common in the UK for quality TV to air robust, brief seasons. Black Mirror’s first season consists of three hour-long episodes, united by tone and theme instead of recurring characters or settings.

The third episode is called The Entire History of You, and it’s the one everyone talks about the most, with a sort of hushed dread (Robert Downey, Jr. reportedly optioned it for a film. Get the Arcade Fire to lend their song to the credits?). You ought not to watch it if you’re in a couple, they say, with a stricken look. This show has that kind of power: to rub your face in the viscera of everything about the modern world that you don’t want to think about. It is many things, but it is not pleasant viewing.

The boyfriend I’m in London to visit did not want us to watch The Entire History of You, which apparently involves a near-future where devices embedded in your body record everything you see, say and do – including your past relationships – for later viewing. In the browsing history of his iPad are several articles offering advice on overcoming jealousy of a partner’s past. He doesn’t know I’ve seen them, and he hasn’t told me about them; I know his mind from that black tablet.

The recently-aired first episode of season two explores just how much of a person can exist in the digital ether. It’s called Be Right Back, a play on the "BRB" notification people leave when exiting chat windows to go do real life.

A better title might have been Be Right There.

“Are we going to watch the new Black Mirror?” I asked my boyfriend.

“Be right there,” he said, immersed in a pretend city he was building on the iPad. I picked up my iPhone to kill time on Twitter until he was done.

“Are we watching it?” He asked ten minutes later. “Be right there,” I said. The irony of negotiating with our devices in order to watch a program about our relationship to our devices was pretty embarrassing.

Be Right Back is about a social media widow. Martha and Ash have moved in to a pastoral country house; Ash’s constant palming his stark black phone highlights the contrast between his social media use and the couple’s tactile life, framed in neutral tones with touching notes of green and turquoise. As characterization goes, Ash’s compulsion is wisely sketched with a light hand; he uses social media a lot, but not apparently dangerously so. No more than any of us.

The story begins in earnest when Ash is killed in an accident. A friend or relative–it’s not clear, as Black Mirror tends to place viewers directly into the flow of an episode without lavishing on background or irrelevant details –intrudes upon Martha at Ash’s funeral with an unsettling suggestion: There’s a new service that lets you talk to the dead.

Using the manifold digital fingerprints, photographs, voice recordings and text interactions he’s left in the social media space, this tech can serve Martha an interactive AI of Ash’s personality. It knows how he talks, his tastes and his memories – so long as he has shared them.

You can’t help but be gripped with the unease of wondering how much the black mirrors know about you. If it’s enough to resurrect you, how much of your essence have you divested onto the infrastructure? Twitter and Facebook obsess us with ideas about “sharing” and socialization, but is that really your life “on there,” or a thin, troubling simulacrum?

As we watch Martha, who learns she’s pregnant, succumb to her own grief-stricken urges to contact Ash’s memory through technology, the AI learns. It gains enough data to talk on the phone to her, and she reminds him of certain memories he’s meant to have, which he retains. When she nearly breaks her phone – and the increasingly-crucial lifeline, we feel her raw nerves.

We understand the ill junction of compulsion and disgust behind the mad, grotesque decision she makes next – a flickering car dash advertisement for synthetic body parts that we see at the episode's outset foreshadows a key clue. The episode’s best moment is a lovely exercise in restraint: Martha waiting restlessly in her living room for what she’s wrought to leave the upstairs bathroom. The calm, gentle voice of the man she loves pleads urgently with her not to turn the light on.

I won't spoil the ending, but I’ll tell you it’s not the shambling Night of the Living Dead you’d expect of typical horror. It is more subtle, more gently terrible, sawing slowly at the heart like a dull knife. Martha’s “resurrection” of Ash ultimately suggests that the parody of authentic-self that we serve to social media is unholy, a violation.

Black Mirror’s gift is that it presents a world where anything is possible thanks to technology -- and prickles our skin regarding the inevitable complications of that possibility. We are ever on a quest for advancement, and it’s quite likely that we’ll figure out how to do things we’ll end up wishing we never learned how to do and cannot unlearn.

This is a show about our fear that some line may loom in the story of humankind that we ought not cross, for our own good. Such a line feels tangible, near; maybe we’ve even crossed it already. It is considered unenlightened and luddite to fear technology, but Black Mirror makes it startlingly easy to admit that there is much to be unsettled about these days, quietly, ambivalently.

The newest episode airs on Channel 4 on February 18. Brooker’s said it’s “not for the fainthearted.” I know, because I follow him on Twitter. Can't wait. Show is moreish.

~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I heard about this.
Sep 01st 2013
It's really good!
Sep 01st 2013
Heard a rumor it'll run in the US in November
Sep 02nd 2013
definitely catch it if it does
Sep 02nd 2013
here you go :)
Nov 14th 2013
any one else?
Sep 05th 2013
They are hit or miss but some are amazing
Sep 06th 2013
yup. a few were meh...but some were incredible.
Sep 06th 2013
      i'm ready to fight yall lol
Sep 06th 2013
what in the holy hell did I just watch?
Nov 14th 2013
awesomeness
Nov 14th 2013
      so
Nov 16th 2013
           RE: so
Nov 18th 2013
something I didn't understand about 15 Million Merits is...why?
Dec 16th 2013
the weird part
Dec 16th 2013
I some point I realized they weren't really imprisoned there
Jan 02nd 2014
so on the nose i got bored
Dec 03rd 2014
started watching season 2
Dec 18th 2013
yay!
Dec 18th 2013
OK my interest has been piqued
Dec 18th 2013
please do!
Dec 18th 2013
is it on UK Netflix?
Dec 20th 2013
dae you and the rest of GOTR crew need...
Dec 20th 2013
      I'm about to start on it tonight and cover the first episode tomorrow
Dec 22nd 2013
      We on it.
Dec 08th 2014
Questions about "National Anthem" *spoilers*
Dec 22nd 2013
RE: Questions about "National Anthem" *spoilers*
Dec 24th 2013
      RE: Questions about "National Anthem" *spoilers*
Dec 02nd 2014
Which one was your fav?
Dec 23rd 2013
I preferred
Dec 24th 2013
s1e1 still my favorite bar none
Jan 02nd 2014
Be Right Back is like The Notebook for nerds
Dec 02nd 2014
1. White Bear
Dec 21st 2014
where can i watch this
Dec 23rd 2013
go here:
Dec 24th 2013
OKP just turned me on to this, I'm definitely checking it out.
Jan 03rd 2014
Eps 1 and 2
Jan 03rd 2014
Yo
Jan 08th 2014
      RE: Yo
Jan 09th 2014
           And even dissent becomes part of the system
Dec 02nd 2014
                ^
Dec 08th 2014
Thanks OP ** Spoilers*
Jan 08th 2014
*salutes*
Jan 08th 2014
Yeah! Love this show. Blew through 5 episodes this past weekend
Mar 10th 2014
oh enjoy
Mar 10th 2014
      This is great to hear
Mar 11th 2014
           i'm still way too excited about this series lol
Mar 11th 2014
So I initially hated the White Bear episode. (spoilerish)
Mar 11th 2014
i had similar problems with
Mar 11th 2014
Yeah, and on top of that
Dec 02nd 2014
I'm so glad White Bear paid off in the end.
Dec 21st 2014
It's baaaaaaack (Swipe)
Aug 21st 2014
NICE!
Aug 21st 2014
woohoo!!!!!
Aug 21st 2014
Charlie Brooker please release this on dvd in the states man!
Aug 21st 2014
Jon Hamm!
Dec 01st 2014
Seasons 1 and 2 now on Netflix
Dec 02nd 2014
^Awesome
Dec 02nd 2014
*runs i post late breathing hard*
Dec 02nd 2014
Binge watched every miserable minute of it today
Dec 02nd 2014
I'm checking out this weekend.
Dec 04th 2014
Effing love this show.
Dec 03rd 2014
The Entire History of You was excellent. really well done
Dec 03rd 2014
Teaser for the Christmas Special: "White Christmas"
Dec 04th 2014
Oh man can't wait
Dec 06th 2014
i love Rafe Spall
Dec 08th 2014
Watched the 1st ep last night. I'm in
Dec 04th 2014
The Entire History Of You.. holy crap!
Dec 06th 2014
yup. said it two replies above
Dec 06th 2014
I LOVE how they played w/your expectations on that one.
Dec 08th 2014
      SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER
Dec 08th 2014
my grades for all six episodes
Dec 06th 2014
Really enjoyed this.
Dec 08th 2014
I've now seen 5 of the 6. All of them are great.
Dec 08th 2014
I actively hated The Waldo Moment, but other than that...
Dec 09th 2014
Yea Waldo Moment was weak to me
Dec 09th 2014
at least I'm not alone on that episode
Dec 10th 2014
'Hate' might be strong, but it wasn't a pleasant experience.
Dec 10th 2014
      i want to say it was bad
Dec 15th 2014
i have no idea why no one likes this episode
Dec 18th 2014
      Yeah it's odd
Dec 18th 2014
Wish this was something US Nets would steal
Dec 15th 2014
Another good episode
Dec 16th 2014
White Christmas surpassed expectation
Dec 17th 2014
it was a build up
Dec 17th 2014
BBCA?
Dec 19th 2014
nah, the magic of the internet
Dec 22nd 2014
It'll be airing in the US on DirecTV, on Audience Channel 9:30pm ET 12/2...
Dec 23rd 2014
Talisa can't catch a break, man.
Dec 21st 2014
You couldn't even go to the doctor
Dec 23rd 2014
Bump
Jan 27th 2016
      Showed this to my mother two weeks ago
Jan 27th 2016
Just watched the first two series this weekend
Dec 22nd 2014
I just finished 1 & 2. What a strange ass show lol
Nov 12th 2016
Its such a weird show, but man when you step back from them
Nov 17th 2016
      MISTAH MUNROW.....MISTAH MUNROW!...lol
Nov 19th 2016
           YOU KNOW
Nov 21st 2016
question about white bear
Dec 22nd 2016
I always thought she was the accomplice
Dec 27th 2016
Not wrongfully accused
Jan 05th 2017
finally got around to this & finished the entire series
Jan 11th 2017
I liked Hated in the Nation
Jan 12th 2017
      It was one of my faves of the series
Jan 12th 2017

SankofaII
Charter member
30751 posts
Sun Sep-01-13 09:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "I heard about this."
In response to Reply # 0

Where are you watching it?

on netflix?

Get Out the Room
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/get-out-the-room/id525657893

Some of y'all need this in your life: http://www.psychology.com

lfresh
92696 posts
Sun Sep-01-13 10:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "It's really good!"
In response to Reply # 1

Nah not on Netflix
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~

mrshow
Charter member
12567 posts
Mon Sep-02-13 01:45 AM

3. "Heard a rumor it'll run in the US in November"
In response to Reply # 0

Not sure what channel.

lfresh
92696 posts
Mon Sep-02-13 06:57 AM

4. "definitely catch it if it does"
In response to Reply # 3

saw the first season last night
cant wait to get to the second
~~~~
~~~~

DJ007
Member since Apr 06th 2003
5447 posts
Thu Nov-14-13 09:01 AM

10. "here you go :)"
In response to Reply # 3

http://www.indiewire.com/article/television/black-mirror-finally-coming-to-us-television-via-directv

Don't have DirecTV but I'm sure the internet will have it available after it airs-wink..lol

lfresh
92696 posts
Thu Sep-05-13 11:55 AM

5. "any one else?"
In response to Reply # 0

~~~~
~~~~

crow
Member since Feb 23rd 2005
4034 posts
Fri Sep-06-13 07:39 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "They are hit or miss but some are amazing"
In response to Reply # 0

*Note to self: Add Sig*

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Fri Sep-06-13 09:20 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "yup. a few were meh...but some were incredible."
In response to Reply # 6

nm

IG: KnowOne215 | PS+ ID: KnowOne215

lfresh
92696 posts
Fri Sep-06-13 02:01 PM

8. "i'm ready to fight yall lol"
In response to Reply # 7

i still got all sorts of stars in my eyes over this series

btu which did yall like and which were eh meh
~~~~
~~~~

themaddfapper
Member since Mar 09th 2010
7558 posts
Thu Nov-14-13 08:31 AM

9. "what in the holy hell did I just watch?"
In response to Reply # 0

lfresh
92696 posts
Thu Nov-14-13 04:38 PM

11. "awesomeness"
In response to Reply # 9

~~~~
~~~~

themaddfapper
Member since Mar 09th 2010
7558 posts
Sat Nov-16-13 03:35 PM

12. "so"
In response to Reply # 11

1. the british pm one. holy shit. wtf.
2. the one with the exercise bikes. eh,
3. the one with the memories? yo. that fucked me up.
4. young couple. tragedy. man. that was... im still wrapping my head around.
5. the young woman waking up in a room disoriented? prob my favorite. holy shit.
6. waldo. i laughed a lot. and then by the end it wasn't so funny.

what's so fucked up is how plausible this shit is. that's what weirds me out. i'd love a third series. by the by they were damn good.

lfresh
92696 posts
Mon Nov-18-13 11:00 AM

13. "RE: so"
In response to Reply # 12

>1. the british pm one. holy shit. wtf.

right?

>2. the one with the exercise bikes. eh,

i feel you but i liked it
rom-com twist type deal

>3. the one with the memories? yo. that fucked me up.

ha

>4. young couple. tragedy. man. that was... im still wrapping
>my head around.

that was ...sick

>5. the young woman waking up in a room disoriented? prob my
>favorite. holy shit.
>6. waldo. i laughed a lot. and then by the end it wasn't so
>funny.
>
>what's so fucked up is how plausible this shit is. that's what
>weirds me out. i'd love a third series. by the by they were
>damn good.

thats what makes this so damn awesome
this really is some classic twilight zone type deal
love it
its what made me love scifi/fantasy
a reflection and examination of our current world through a speculative lens
~~~~
~~~~

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35865 posts
Mon Dec-16-13 11:19 AM

14. "something I didn't understand about 15 Million Merits is...why?"
In response to Reply # 0

Why were they living like that? was it jail? what about children or old people?

i needed more context.

lfresh
92696 posts
Mon Dec-16-13 04:33 PM

15. "the weird part"
In response to Reply # 14

is they were the "lucky" ones

the "unlucky" ones were the people cleaning up around them

so this leads me to believe there were likely "lower" scales or classes doing more undesirable jobs and just being bombarded with ads

~~~~
~~~~

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49422 posts
Thu Jan-02-14 12:07 PM

29. "I some point I realized they weren't really imprisoned there"

and working against there will. Well, no more than any one of use working shitty unfulfilling jobs.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

Okayplayer's 13 Best Songs of 2013
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1oqjQg5iG0kixstemTCUgT0b8cSMNfN-

astralblak
Member since Apr 05th 2007
20029 posts
Wed Dec-03-14 12:41 AM

56. "so on the nose i got bored"

metaphor for the prison of consumption and technology, the simulation of reality, yawn

it wouldn't been dope if they actually had him kill, not his self, but one of the judges.

some of the racial representations were strange as fuck as well

DJ007
5447 posts
Wed Dec-18-13 06:31 AM

16. "started watching season 2 "
In response to Reply # 0

Watched episode 1 and 2 - that white bear one !!!! That one would make a great revenge horror movie !

I see the point charlie Brooker is trying to make with this series and he is definitely accomplishing,this show is wild love it!

lfresh
92696 posts
Wed Dec-18-13 11:31 AM

18. "yay!"
In response to Reply # 16

>Watched episode 1 and 2 - that white bear one !!!! That one
>would make a great revenge horror movie !

right?

robert downey jr optioned 'The Entire History of You'
which is awesome

>I see the point charlie Brooker is trying to make with this
>series and he is definitely accomplishing,this show is wild
>love it!

bring me back to the twilight zone days
its reflective and futuristic at the same time
its great

~~~~
~~~~

Dae021
Member since Mar 12th 2003
39375 posts
Wed Dec-18-13 09:34 AM

17. "OK my interest has been piqued"
In response to Reply # 0

I think i'll dabble when i get home.

Get out the room,
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/get-out-the-room/id525657893

Situation Podemy love

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpres

lfresh
92696 posts
Wed Dec-18-13 11:31 AM

19. "please do!"
In response to Reply # 17

~~~~
~~~~

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Fri Dec-20-13 02:44 PM

20. "is it on UK Netflix?"

for house goodness:

http://www.djrsenal.com

http://soundcloud.com/dj-rsenal

ahhh, why the hell not:
www.facebook.com/djrsenal
www.twitter.com/djrsenal

DJ007
5447 posts
Fri Dec-20-13 10:37 PM

21. "dae you and the rest of GOTR crew need..."
Fri Dec-20-13 11:12 PM by DJ007

to watch this online ! Great show for you guys to watch and discuss on you all 's podcast - good stuff man!

Dae021
39375 posts
Sun Dec-22-13 12:18 AM

22. "I'm about to start on it tonight and cover the first episode tomorrow"
In response to Reply # 21

On the next episode.

thanks for keeping us in mind.

Get out the room,

Situation Podemy love

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44258 posts
Mon Dec-08-14 01:30 PM

69. "We on it."
In response to Reply # 21

Get Out The Room!
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

Benedict the Moor
Member since Dec 06th 2011
1476 posts
Sun Dec-22-13 02:02 PM

23. "Questions about "National Anthem" *spoilers*"
In response to Reply # 0

So was the artist trying to shame the prime minister/politicians/government? was he trying to shame the citizens? or was it both?

was he attempting to highlight the hypocrisy in social values?

also, why did he kill himself? also, why were the DNA results about the finger not disclosed sooner?

also, what was the point of the reporter getting shot? why was that significant to the plot? was it to illustrate the overall state of bedlam?

◦◦◦
http://oi40.tinypic.com/2enp550.jpg
http://i.minus.com/iQBdCzZIftHZ2.gif

lfresh
92696 posts
Tue Dec-24-13 04:34 AM

26. "RE: Questions about "National Anthem" *spoilers*"
In response to Reply # 23

>So was the artist trying to shame the prime
>minister/politicians/government? was he trying to shame the
>citizens? or was it both?
Not sure if it was about shame but he was definition making a point beyond politicians

>was he attempting to highlight the hypocrisy in social
>values?

Possibly

>also, why did he kill himself? also, why were the DNA results
>about the finger not disclosed sooner?
Because he was suicidal
Not sure

>also, what was the point of the reporter getting shot?

Too mosey wrong place wrong time
And she ran

why was
>that significant to the plot? was it to illustrate the overall
>state of bedlam?

She was another example of the access to events and results of various stages of cyber involvement
~~~~
~~~~

astralblak
20029 posts
Tue Dec-02-14 11:19 PM

55. "RE: Questions about "National Anthem" *spoilers*"
In response to Reply # 26

>>So was the artist trying to shame the prime
>>minister/politicians/government? was he trying to shame the
>>citizens? or was it both?

> Not sure if it was about shame but he was definition making a
>point beyond politicians
>
I believe it was both IMO. The symbol of them treating people like animals, so they must be looked at as animals or the fucking of it.

and then people being so quick to shame folk, not only higher ups, only to find their own disgust in another person's disgrace. the shots of all the disgusted faces was telling

>>was he attempting to highlight the hypocrisy in social
>>values?
>
>Possibly

yeah

>
>>also, why did he kill himself?

cause he's a self indulgent artist obviously, and really, any dude that gets a politician in that way and lives to gets caught in the least is going to get tortured for sure.

also, why were the DNA
>results
>>about the finger not disclosed sooner?
>Because he was suicidal
>Not sure
>
hmmm, how long does it take to run DNA? in the world of the show, by the end it seemed to be done quickly, so I'm chalking that up to poor writing

>>also, what was the point of the reporter getting shot?
>
>Too mosey wrong place wrong time
>And she ran
>
uhh she ran from the spot that they suspected they'd be. anyone would get shot

>why was
>>that significant to the plot? was it to illustrate the
>overall
>>state of bedlam?
>
>She was another example of the access to events and results of
>various stages of cyber involvement

she was just as part of the culture of spectacle. sending ol boy nudes just to get access to leads on the story.

my 2 cents

3.5/5 some very nice shots by the way

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Mon Dec-23-13 12:41 PM

24. "Which one was your fav?"
In response to Reply # 0

nm

lfresh
92696 posts
Tue Dec-24-13 04:41 AM

27. "I preferred "
In response to Reply # 24

S1e2&3
S2 e1&2
~~~~
~~~~

LES
Member since Oct 17th 2006
4533 posts
Thu Jan-02-14 12:40 PM

30. "s1e1 still my favorite bar none"

s2e1 another great one as well

buckshot defunct
Member since May 02nd 2003
26345 posts
Tue Dec-02-14 10:02 PM

53. "Be Right Back is like The Notebook for nerds"

15 Million Merits was the most visually and conceptually immersive world and it kinda dragged at times but I dug it a lot. Like, that's a world they could revisit for more stories and I wouldn't mind.

Those are probably my top 2. I guess I'm drawn to the ones that give their characters a slight glimmer of happiness before ruining everything.

Entire History of You was almost too potent. Really great sci-fi hook and gut wrenching on a basic emotional level. Objectively I could see this being the 'best' episode. But it was hard to watch.

-----------------------------
http://talestosuffice.com/
@kennykeil

Anfernee
Member since Nov 11th 2004
24780 posts
Sun Dec-21-14 07:28 PM

86. "1. White Bear"

2. Entire History of You
3. The National Anthem

Holy shit, man. White Bear was crazy.

http://www.angryasianman.com

astralblak
20029 posts
Mon Dec-23-13 04:45 PM

25. "where can i watch this"
In response to Reply # 0

SankofaII
Charter member
30751 posts
Tue Dec-24-13 09:06 AM

28. "go here:"
In response to Reply # 25

thedarewall.com

Get Out the Room
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/get-out-the-room/id525657893

Some of y'all need this in your life: http://www.psychology.com

phenompyrus
Charter member
9367 posts
Fri Jan-03-14 10:58 AM

31. "OKP just turned me on to this, I'm definitely checking it out."
In response to Reply # 0

http://twitter.com/phenompyrus

Get Out the Room

Dae021
39375 posts
Fri Jan-03-14 12:05 PM

32. "Eps 1 and 2"
In response to Reply # 0

Dog #2 hit me in a place I wasn't ready for. Seeing Daniel Kaluuya out there REALLY acting and the mindstate was so fucked. Jessica Brown Findlay was great and she's real purty.

The whole thing though, would you stay on the bike? I can't say I would, its a fucked up choice, but damn.

#1 I watched it twice and as much as I liked it, i felt like the ending was rushed, especially since the 2nd one is 60 minutes. But it was very effective even without the last 15 minutes. I loved the last shots though, so incredibly crippling

Get out the room,

Situation Podemy love

lfresh
92696 posts
Wed Jan-08-14 09:47 PM

35. "Yo"
In response to Reply # 32

>Dog #2 hit me in a place I wasn't ready for. Seeing Daniel
>Kaluuya out there REALLY acting and the mindstate was so
>fucked.

Exactly
It really dug in and went there

>Jessica Brown Findlay was great and she's real purty.
>
>
>The whole thing though, would you stay on the bike? I can't
>say I would, its a fucked up choice, but damn.

I dunno
I really don't
I mean us on our computers day in and out...
It's not much different

>
>#1 I watched it twice and as much as I liked it, i felt like
>the ending was rushed, especially since the 2nd one is 60
>minutes. But it was very effective even without the last 15
>minutes. I loved the last shots though, so incredibly
>crippling

It was and agreed still effective
~~~~
~~~~

Dae021
39375 posts
Thu Jan-09-14 12:35 AM

36. "RE: Yo"
In response to Reply # 35

Like what is the "sell out" for us to step away from our computers?

What is our "compliance" you know. The themes running through that one are so relevant and crazy.

Get out the room,

Situation Podemy love

buckshot defunct
26345 posts
Tue Dec-02-14 10:04 PM

54. "And even dissent becomes part of the system"
In response to Reply # 36

Dude went through all that and turned out to be just as not 'bout shit as everyone else

@kennykeil

spades
44258 posts
Mon Dec-08-14 12:58 PM

66. "^"
In response to Reply # 54

Yup, the way dude's msg was coopted by the system. A common theme w/Waldo...

smh

S1E2 REALLY chilled me to the bone. That shit was too real for TV

Get Out The Room!
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

Nappy Soul
Member since Jan 04th 2007
1181 posts
Wed Jan-08-14 03:30 PM

33. "Thanks OP ** Spoilers*"
In response to Reply # 0

You made my weekend. I was sick as a dog this weekend and the gf was working.So I watched the whole of season one and the the first episode of season 2. Season one was a 100% for me. All 3 episodes hit their mark. All exaggerations of our relationship with technology.Anyone who enjoys the Twilight Zone will love this. The first episode was brutal to watch. It was masterfully written and edited. I winced looking at that scene.I was mostly upset for the pig.I'm pretty sure I LOl'ed when they said that dude killed himself before the Live event. Second episode very interesting. It's the type of thing that wouldn't work on American television as a lot of things are not explicitly explained. They are suggested as the protagonist is mostly silent for the beginning of the episode. I find the girl who plays the love interest so beautiful. I'm tempted to start watching Downton Abbey just because of her.The resolution at the end of the episode was also very interesting. The third one with Toby Kebbel (one of my favorite actors right now) moved me emotionally and it stayed with me long after I watched it.There's nothing here to breakdown.What you see is what you get.It is IMO the best episode of the series so far. The first episode of the second season had an awesome premise but I wish it was less talky. I ended up hating that chick and did not understand the end.I probably should watch it again.
My favorite BBC show right now.I hold it as high as Sherlock, Broadchurch and Luther.

time is money, money is time
so i keep 7 o'clock in the bank and gain interest in the hour of God
I'm saving to buy my freedom, God, grant me wings, I'm too fly not to fly _ Saul Williams

lfresh
92696 posts
Wed Jan-08-14 09:45 PM

34. "*salutes*"
In response to Reply # 33

:)
~~~~
~~~~

DeadMike
Member since Jan 28th 2005
1030 posts
Mon Mar-10-14 06:15 PM

37. "Yeah! Love this show. Blew through 5 episodes this past weekend"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah! Loving this show. Blew through 5 episodes this past weekend.
One to go. Hope they do a third series.

White Bear is my favorite so far but they've all been great. Just have the Waldo one left.

If you have DirecTV they're all on the Audience OnDemand channel.

lfresh
92696 posts
Mon Mar-10-14 11:33 PM

38. "oh enjoy"
In response to Reply # 37
Mon Mar-10-14 11:33 PM by lfresh

i need to start checking on if series 3 is coming

aaaand make thats a yes!

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/09/black-mirror-series-3-charlie-brooker-confirms-at-least-two-more-episodes-4257090/

~~~~
~~~~

Dae021
39375 posts
Tue Mar-11-14 09:57 AM

40. "This is great to hear"
In response to Reply # 38

Also seeing RDJ adopting one of them into a movie is great news.

Get out the room,

Situation Podemy love

lfresh
92696 posts
Tue Mar-11-14 10:58 AM

42. "i'm still way too excited about this series lol"
In response to Reply # 40

~~~~
~~~~

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49422 posts
Tue Mar-11-14 09:56 AM

39. "So I initially hated the White Bear episode. (spoilerish)"
In response to Reply # 0

And that's mainly a reaction to hating mysteries that resolve in a way that is unsolvable from watching the events that unfolded before the resolution.

However, over time this is the episode that I have thought about the most. Mainly because when there is some public outrage that happens I see the public respond in a way similar to the public in the episode.

Also, something I initially disliked about the episode I now realize was kind of Brilliant. We never learned about the main girls crime until the very end of the episode so we immediately sympathize with her and the ordeal that she is going through. Now I realize that's the point. That is, to put the focus on the inhumane reaction of the public. If we had known what the girl did from the start, we never would have gotten pass that.

It took me a while to get pass the conventions that they ignored to really appreciate the story and the message.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

There is no absolute knowledge and anyone who claims it — whether a scientist, a politician or a religious believer — opens the door to

lfresh
92696 posts
Tue Mar-11-14 10:56 AM

41. "i had similar problems with"
In response to Reply # 39
Tue Mar-11-14 10:57 AM by lfresh

waldo moment and the national anthem

i'm still disturbed by what this means about our reactions to events happening
as they happen and my involvement on social media

and i have had more training than most working as a photo editor

for some reason i was able to switch sides immediately on white bear but i suspect its my anger at zimmerman
i was definitely conflicted but more angry when i found out
and the whole trayvon thing surfaced and i'm all
welp..shes alive
(.. )

thats still awful i know
~~~~
~~~~

buckshot defunct
26345 posts
Tue Dec-02-14 09:54 PM

52. "Yeah, and on top of that"

She seems so changed by this technology that you have to wonder: If they can erase your identity, why don't they just correct it instead? There was something kinda Clockwork Orangey about all that, for me it raised questions on that front... Yeah, the main story is the mob justice mentality I think, but there's also the matter of her being portrayed as almost 2 completely different people in this ep. It was really well done how the masses clearly knew something we didn't, and vice versa. I don't go for those twists that come outta left field either, but I think it was necessary in order for this ep to push the buttons it did.

@kennykeil

Anfernee
24780 posts
Sun Dec-21-14 07:58 PM

87. "I'm so glad White Bear paid off in the end."

As soon as it turned into a game show, I was like, "This is dumb."

But then it all revealed itself and I was like, "Wait, what the fuck?"

And then the mid-credits sequences and I was like, "HOLY FUCKING SHIT, BRO."

This one definitely lingered in my head the most.

Melanism
Charter member
20451 posts
Thu Aug-21-14 11:05 AM

43. "It's baaaaaaack (Swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/black-mirror-returns-for-a-feature-length-christmas-special

Black Mirror returns for a feature-length Christmas Special
21 AUG 2014

Black Mirror, Channel 4's Emmy-winning 'Twilight Zone for the modern age', returns in the form of a feature-length film for Christmas. Three interwoven stories of Yuletide techno-paranoia collide in the most chilling and mind-bending Black Mirror yet.

Creator Charlie Brooker said: "I always enjoy a good ghost story at Christmas, and I'm a sucker for the Amicus’ compendium horror movies of the 70s. Our aim is to create the Black Mirror equivalent of that."
Phil Clarke, Channel 4’s head of comedy said “I’m delighted that we have a Black Mirror Special this Christmas. Charlie Brooker has penned a dystopian future festive tale, that intertwines three stories to deliver a dramatic and thrilling twist. It’s satirical, comic, disturbing, and thought provoking. Not to be missed.”

Black Mirror is an anthology series which taps into our contemporary unease about the modern world. Its stand-alone dramas are sharp, suspenseful, satirical tales with a techno-paranoia bent – all audacious ‘What if’ stories.

Black Mirror is produced by Barney Reisz and executive produced by Charlie Brooker and Annabel Jones through their new production company, House of Tomorrow, an Endemol company. The Christmas special was commissioned by Rachel Springett for Channel 4 and is directed by Carl Tibbetts.

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Thu Aug-21-14 11:14 AM

44. "NICE!"
In response to Reply # 43

nm

lfresh
92696 posts
Thu Aug-21-14 02:37 PM

45. "woohoo!!!!!"

can we just add to this post

i feel like not alot of people have had a chance to view it
and theres elbow room in here
~~~~
~~~~

DJ007
5447 posts
Thu Aug-21-14 07:47 PM

46. "Charlie Brooker please release this on dvd in the states man!"

This show is still on my mind after watching it - loved it!

That white bear episode!

lfresh
92696 posts
Mon Dec-01-14 12:12 PM

47. "Jon Hamm!"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-11-24/black-mirror-christmas-special-new-plot-details-and-first-pictures-of-jon-hamm

Black Mirror Christmas Special: new plot details and first pictures of Jon Hamm

The new episode of Charlie Brooker's satire co-stars Rafe Spall and Oona Chaplin and tells a chilling story about "blocking" people in real life - just as we do on Facebook and Twitter

Here are the first pictures of Mad Men's Jon Hamm and co-stars Rafe Spall, Oona Chaplin and Janet Montgomery in this year’s Christmas special of Charlie Brooker’s Emmy Award-winning drama Black Mirror.

The man who plays Don Draper in the hit AMC series Mad Men will appear in all three of the story strands featured in the 90-minute special which Channel 4 has confirmed will air on Tuesday 16th December at 9pm.
Hamm will be joined by The Shadow Line star Rafe Spall and Game of Thrones’ Oona Chaplin in the one-off which C4 says is “the most mind-bending episode yet, showcasing three interwoven stories of Yuletide techno-paranoiaâ€.
The broadcaster has also just revealed some tantalising details of the special's plot:
"In a mysterious and remote snowy outpost, Matt (Jon Hamm) and Potter (Rafe Spall), share a Christmas meal together and swap creepy tales of their earlier lives in the outside world. Matt is a charismatic American trying to bring the reserved, secretive Potter out of his shell. Are both men who they appear to be?
"Along the way we see Jon Hamm offering an unusual form of romantic guidance to an inexperienced young man, watch Oona Chaplin thrust headlong into a nightmarish world of ‘smart’ gadgetry, and explore what might happen if you could 'block' people in real life, just as you can on Facebook or Twitter.
"All three stories are bound together into a suitably unsettling whole. Fans of eerie Christmas stories are in for a treat…"
The fact that there are three stories may explain why one futuristic-looking image of the Mad Men star….

yall should click for pics
~~~~
~~~~

woodsen2
Member since Jan 14th 2003
996 posts
Tue Dec-02-14 08:32 AM

48. "Seasons 1 and 2 now on Netflix"
In response to Reply # 0

phenompyrus
Charter member
9367 posts
Tue Dec-02-14 09:19 AM

49. "^Awesome"
In response to Reply # 48

Get Out the Room

lfresh
92696 posts
Tue Dec-02-14 11:38 AM

50. "*runs i post late breathing hard*"

GO FORTH AND WATCH

thanks!
~~~~
~~~~

buckshot defunct
26345 posts
Tue Dec-02-14 09:46 PM

51. "Binge watched every miserable minute of it today"

And loved it

@kennykeil

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
36966 posts
Thu Dec-04-14 02:51 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
61. "I'm checking out this weekend."

https://digife.com

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Wed Dec-03-14 01:32 AM

57. "Effing love this show."
In response to Reply # 0

Glad it's on Netflix, although I did see the first four through various means this past year.

Just saw White Bear... holy shit, might be the best one. Twisted as fuck, and I loved the behind the scenes look during the credits. The monetization motif really just brought it all together.

This is a very, very good series.

astralblak
20029 posts
Wed Dec-03-14 06:14 PM

58. "The Entire History of You was excellent. really well done"
In response to Reply # 0

Melanism
Charter member
20451 posts
Thu Dec-04-14 11:57 AM

59. "Teaser for the Christmas Special: "White Christmas""
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDFcTmdQqIc

lfresh
92696 posts
Sat Dec-06-14 11:17 PM

65. "Oh man can't wait"
In response to Reply # 59

~~~~
~~~~

blackrussian
Member since Oct 17th 2010
6498 posts
Mon Dec-08-14 05:09 PM

72. "i love Rafe Spall"
In response to Reply # 59

spenzalii
Member since Jan 02nd 2004
10982 posts
Thu Dec-04-14 01:15 PM

60. "Watched the 1st ep last night. I'm in"
In response to Reply # 0

Would have finished S1 before bed but the wife had other more,interactive,things for me to do. But the show is definitely a wild ride. Hope the movie makes it stateside on the BBC. Either that or I'll be hitting up a torrent

<-- Dave Thomas knows what's up...

Jay: Look here homie, any nigga can get a hit record. This here is about respect.
Game: Like Gladys Knight.
Jay: Aretha Franklin.
Game: Word, I like her too.
Jay: Nigga...

spenzalii
Member since Jan 02nd 2004
10982 posts
Sat Dec-06-14 12:15 PM

62. "The Entire History Of You.. holy crap!"
In response to Reply # 0

I have a buddy that is addicted to his DVR. He has often said it would be great to have DVR for his eyes. He absolutely needs to see this one. That was painful on so many levels it was awesome.

<-- Dave Thomas knows what's up...

Jay: Look here homie, any nigga can get a hit record. This here is about respect.
Game: Like Gladys Knight.
Jay: Aretha Franklin.
Game: Word, I like her too.
Jay: Nigga...

astralblak
20029 posts
Sat Dec-06-14 07:37 PM

63. "yup. said it two replies above"
In response to Reply # 62

spades
44258 posts
Mon Dec-08-14 12:58 PM

67. "I LOVE how they played w/your expectations on that one."
In response to Reply # 62

Get Out The Room!
@fakewilliamkatt

Numba_33
Charter member
19335 posts
Mon Dec-08-14 03:33 PM

70. "SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER"
In response to Reply # 67

Without going through all the detail dude went through, I kinda knew something was up with how the wife laughed at the dude's 'joke' during the dinner. If I remember correctly, she was the only one that laughed, which made the her look pretty odd. But I have to admit, I had no idea how deep the rabbit hole the story was going to go, especially went it was revealed dude wasn't even the father to his daughter. Pretty dark all around. I wonder if the side piece dude knew he was the daughter's true father.

I know that wasn't the point of the story, but I kind of wonder if his job review or whatever went well or not.

astralblak
20029 posts
Sat Dec-06-14 07:39 PM

64. "my grades for all six episodes"
In response to Reply # 0

1 = 3.5
2 = 2
3 = 4
4 = 3
5 = 4, maybe 4.5
6 = 2

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
36966 posts
Mon Dec-08-14 01:30 PM

68. "Really enjoyed this."
In response to Reply # 0

Kinda upset I finished both seasons this weekend.

My rankings:

"The Entire History Of You"
"The National Anthem"
"White Bear"
"The Waldo Moment"
"15 Million Merits"
"Be Right Back"

https://digife.com

phenompyrus
Charter member
9367 posts
Mon Dec-08-14 04:04 PM

71. "I've now seen 5 of the 6. All of them are great."
In response to Reply # 0

Awesome show, hope they just keep them going. The upcoming Christmas episode with Jon Hamm can only be this good too honestly.

Get Out the Room

Monkey Genius
Member since Mar 04th 2005
8100 posts
Tue Dec-09-14 01:04 PM

73. "I actively hated The Waldo Moment, but other than that..."
In response to Reply # 0

...this was dope.

The Entire History of You was the high point.

----------------------------------
I have a webcomic: www.watchthecomic.com

My webcomic has a page: www.facebook.com/watchyourheadcomic

buckshot defunct
26345 posts
Tue Dec-09-14 07:52 PM

74. "Yea Waldo Moment was weak to me"
In response to Reply # 73

The story just didn't do much for me and the comedy wasn't on point, even though overall this show has some hilarious moments.

@kennykeil

lfresh
92696 posts
Wed Dec-10-14 01:24 AM

75. "at least I'm not alone on that episode"

Didn't hate it
More actively disliked it
~~~~
~~~~

Monkey Genius
Member since Mar 04th 2005
8100 posts
Wed Dec-10-14 09:13 AM

76. "'Hate' might be strong, but it wasn't a pleasant experience."
In response to Reply # 75

----------------------------------
I have a webcomic: www.watchthecomic.com

My webcomic has a page: www.facebook.com/watchyourheadcomic

lfresh
92696 posts
Mon Dec-15-14 11:16 AM

78. "i want to say it was bad"
In response to Reply # 76

but thats not it
bad comedy?
but its not really a comedy
it was off

~~~~
~~~~

ternary_star
Charter member
15211 posts
Thu Dec-18-14 10:37 AM

82. "i have no idea why no one likes this episode"

I thought it was easily on the same level as the other episodes. A little heavy-handed with the Obama allegory at the end but yet another terrifying yet fairly plausible vision of the future.

lfresh
92696 posts
Thu Dec-18-14 11:49 PM

83. "Yeah it's odd"
In response to Reply # 82

I'll rewatch again soon and try to nail it down
I've had a few viewings and i remember it as annoying to meh

~~~~
~~~~

SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Mon Dec-15-14 01:39 AM

77. "Wish this was something US Nets would steal"
In response to Reply # 0

Hopefully this might inspire some anthology series in the US.

I'd rank them:

"The National Anthem"
"The Entire History Of You"
"The Waldo Moment"
"White Bear"
"15 Million Merits"
"Be Right Back"

Be Right Back and 15 Million Merits weren't particularly good or original. Not bad per se but a step back from the rest. The Waldo Moment was uncomfortable but I felt like it was supposed to be. National Anthem and Entire HIstory of You were the real standouts but there really wasn't a bad one in the lot.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

lfresh
92696 posts
Tue Dec-16-14 11:32 PM

79. "Another good episode"
In response to Reply # 0

Hamm was exellently cast
And Oona!!

~~~~
~~~~

okaycomputer
Member since Dec 02nd 2002
8090 posts
Wed Dec-17-14 10:07 AM

80. "White Christmas surpassed expectation"
In response to Reply # 0

Hamm killed it. Spall was also great.

After the first 2/3 I was thinking "this is nice to have, but it is pretty clear that Black Mirror has peaked and I'd be ok if we don't get anymore." Then the third story was very good, if a bit predictable at points and finally the framing mechanism for the episode was just great and left me wanting more and more Black Mirror .

I tried not to think too hard about what the cabin would end up being, so to have it tie all three stories together was a great little twist. Though I could see how some might have seen it all coming, it totally worked for me.

My biggest nit to pick is that Oona Chaplin was not good, at all.

lfresh
92696 posts
Wed Dec-17-14 11:19 AM

81. "it was a build up"
In response to Reply # 80

so nicely layered

charlie brooker just kept peeling those layers back
this rabbit hole goes deeeeep
~~~~
~~~~

spades
44258 posts
Fri Dec-19-14 05:09 PM

84. "BBCA?"

Get Out The Room!
@fakewilliamkatt

okaycomputer
Member since Dec 02nd 2002
8090 posts
Mon Dec-22-14 11:15 AM

88. "nah, the magic of the internet"
In response to Reply # 84

It will be on DirecTV Audience Network on 12/25 though.

DeadMike
Member since Jan 28th 2005
1030 posts
Tue Dec-23-14 12:35 PM

90. "It'll be airing in the US on DirecTV, on Audience Channel 9:30pm ET 12/2..."
In response to Reply # 84

Anfernee
24780 posts
Sun Dec-21-14 07:25 PM

85. "Talisa can't catch a break, man."

Hamm killed it.

I gotta get some Don Draper edition Google glasses.

His block punishment would suck though. Like, I can't even talk to friends, eat in restaurants, buy shit in a store, or whatever. I'd much rather just go to jail.

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Tue Dec-23-14 08:23 PM

91. "You couldn't even go to the doctor"
In response to Reply # 85

That's almost as harsh as 1,000 years of the same shitty Christmas song.

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

Frank Mackey
Member since May 23rd 2006
2903 posts
Wed Jan-27-16 10:09 AM

92. "Bump"

Finally got to this last night. Probably my favorite of the series. Both leads were fantastic.

13Rose
Charter member
19379 posts
Wed Jan-27-16 11:53 AM

93. "Showed this to my mother two weeks ago"
In response to Reply # 92

Messed her up. I sent her a text the following morning saying "I just want to see my daughter."

This post was paid for by the following.

www.twitter.com/13Rose
www.debunkthemyth.org
http://dashaunworld.wordpress.com/
www.mothergreen.com

Remember MJ The Great!
PSN: ThirteenRose

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Mon Dec-22-14 05:20 PM

89. "Just watched the first two series this weekend"
In response to Reply # 0

And I can't believe something this brilliant/funny/terrifying is allowed to exist.

I think 15 Million Merits might be my favorite. Honestly the first four were all so strong it's hard to choose. Dug White Bear, only one I really didn't care for was Waldo.

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

CherNic
Member since Aug 18th 2005
37156 posts
Sat Nov-12-16 07:31 PM

94. "I just finished 1 & 2. What a strange ass show lol"
In response to Reply # 0

The National Anthem - after finishing the first two series', probably my least favorite episode. But maybe b/c it was the first episode, it was...less polished? Less interesting.

Fifteen Million Merits - I hate that buddy ended up going to the darkside but...ah well

The Entire History Of You - Heartbreaking. i would have had my grain removed cuz fuck and that.

Be Right Back - also heartbreaking. I don't think I would have ever answered the e-mail, that's a helluva rabbit hole to go down.

White Bear - wow wow wow. Maybe my favorite episode. I really didn't expect that twist.

The Waldo Moment - Jamie was super annoying, but watching this episode AFTER th election....fucking scary

White Christmas - could have done without part 2... Parts 1 and 3 were pretty good though.

Lot of the women on these episodes are skanless lmao.

Dae021
39375 posts
Thu Nov-17-16 01:44 PM

95. "Its such a weird show, but man when you step back from them"
In response to Reply # 94

Especially because you binged them, taken one at a time you'll get a different feeling for some of them. Waldo is still the only one I don't like.

I think the National Anthem will feel different upon second viewing. Especially if you watch it separately from the other ones.

Get out the room,

Situation Podemy love

DJ007
5447 posts
Sat Nov-19-16 08:32 PM

96. "MISTAH MUNROW.....MISTAH MUNROW!...lol"
In response to Reply # 95

Dae021
39375 posts
Mon Nov-21-16 02:57 PM

97. "YOU KNOW"
In response to Reply # 96

Get out the room,

Situation Podemy love

Drizzit
Member since Sep 19th 2002
6467 posts
Thu Dec-22-16 09:21 PM

98. "question about white bear"
In response to Reply # 0

and, yeah, late to the party, but glad i finally had time.

did anyone else get the vibe of wrongfully accused? i understand the conceit of the story: make her the victim up front and then turn the tables in the end. but what i'm thinking about is the flashbacks and the video of the little girl. at the very end, dude who is running the show is strapping her in for her mind whipe and whispers something like, "you took that video". in the video, little girl is saying she's with her two favorite people. and she looks happy and what not. so, if girl shot the video and little girl thinks she's awesome, why would she kill her?

i don't know. the flash backs were telling me something different about white bear altogether.

that said, entire history of you fucked me up good. it starts out pretty innocent and then just drags you through some serious shit. really affecting.

Dae021
39375 posts
Tue Dec-27-16 11:28 PM

99. "I always thought she was the accomplice"
In response to Reply # 98

Either she lured the girl, or she was the one who took her.

I think she guilty.

Get out the room,

Situation Podemy love

lfresh
92696 posts
Thu Jan-05-17 09:43 PM

100. "Not wrongfully accused"
In response to Reply # 98

More questioning our thought process around justice, vengeance and punishment
Esp when technology can change all of these processes
~~~~
~~~~

SsenepoD
Member since Nov 13th 2007
4331 posts
Wed Jan-11-17 08:18 PM

101. "finally got around to this & finished the entire series "
In response to Reply # 0

almost all the episodes ranged from very good to amazing.

only episode I wasn't digging was Hated in the Nation. felt a bit too much like a law & order episode & not something that really left me thinking long after it ended like the others

http://www.2amDonuts.bandcamp.com

Dae021
39375 posts
Thu Jan-12-17 11:47 AM

102. "I liked Hated in the Nation"
In response to Reply # 101

I find myself to be in the minority on that one though.

I don't think its as groundbreaking in terms of personal technology to everyone, but when you think about how and why they used the bees in the first place? That's pretty huge you know.

Like when you take a step back from it, the original use of the bees is an incredibly technological feat, but then the aspect of no accountability with social media was big too. Yea I really liked that one.

Get out the room,

Situation Podemy love

SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Thu Jan-12-17 12:03 PM

103. "It was one of my faves of the series"
In response to Reply # 102

But I'm a huge Law & Order fan so that one was in my wheelhouse. I liked seeing the tech weaved into a crime story. I'd love to see a Black Mirror spinoff of that. Also, I love Kelly MacDonald so that helps.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #659558 Previous topic | Next topic