Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #652230

Subject: "Community Season 5 Post" Previous topic | Next topic
handle
Charter member
18954 posts
Sat Jun-01-13 10:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Community Season 5 Post"

Harmon's back!

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/1/4386678/community-creator-dan-harmon-confirms-return-to-show

https://twitter.com/danharmon

What happens in Season 5?

Will Jeff be a teacher or will Jeff do post graduate community college work?

Is Chevy Chase gone?

Was Season 4 just be a dream?

Where is StarBurns?

Will Jeff's speeches actually make us feel a certain way again?

Will Abed be cool,cool,cool again?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
They found a way to bring me back. Well done.
Jun 02nd 2013
yea I watched maybe first 6 eps and just sorta fell off
Jun 02nd 2013
yeah its awesome ,no offense to the guys who did this past season.....
Jun 02nd 2013
Dan Harmon shits on season 4, then apologizes for it (swipes)
Jun 18th 2013
Have you ever listened to Harmontown?
Jun 18th 2013
No, but I can only imagine
Jun 18th 2013
Alright. I just listened to it. It isn't that bad.
Jun 19th 2013
      RE: Alright. I just listened to it. It isn't that bad.
Jun 19th 2013
           Sony knew exactly when it was getting into when it rehired him
Jun 19th 2013
           RE: Sony knew exactly when it was getting into when it rehired him
Jun 19th 2013
           Dae021 and I talk about this on our Podcast
Jun 19th 2013
                exactly he deserves to flex. S4 sucked dick
Jun 19th 2013
                Save Me got cancelled at the jump
Jun 19th 2013
                They should've just cancelled the show, instead of pandering...
Jun 19th 2013
                     Not sure NBC has a choice.
Jun 19th 2013
                          exactly.
Jun 19th 2013
                               If they get this show out of that 8 o'clock slot...
Jun 19th 2013
                                    It more than likely won't get that 8' spot
Jun 19th 2013
                                         Perfect.
Jun 19th 2013
Troy Barnes will be doing less studying, more rapping next season (swipe...
Jul 08th 2013
so Troy going to AC school
Jul 08th 2013
Community Season 5 Trailer - Beyond the Darkest Timeline
Dec 14th 2013
LOL season 4 wasn't great, but it wasn't as bad as people act...
Dec 16th 2013
Season 4 was just as you said Hollow
Dec 17th 2013
RE: LOL season 4 wasn't great, but it wasn't as bad as people act...
Dec 17th 2013
not funny = bad. shit made me quit watching.
Dec 17th 2013
Yeah I really don't understand the season 4 hate
Jan 04th 2014
comes back tonight. by all accounts its supposed to be good again
Jan 02nd 2014
20 Inside Jokes from Community
Jan 02nd 2014
wow the Re-Pilot was flawless execution
Jan 03rd 2014
Thought it was excellent
Jan 03rd 2014
Wait you think Annie looks better now?
Jan 03rd 2014
      she ain't never not cute as a button, let's get it straight
Jan 03rd 2014
      Yea I think she won a TON of fans with that one
Jan 03rd 2014
      well, i've ALWAYS thought she looked cute
Jan 03rd 2014
           I feel you, I just want those 10lbs back
Jan 03rd 2014
Harmon: "OKAY! I'M RELOA-TED! YOU THINK YOU BIG TIME?!"
Jan 03rd 2014
Goddamn I am glad the wheels are back on the bus
Jan 03rd 2014
i liked the "bandit" ep more than the first two
Jan 10th 2014
the blue tint alone had me 'cracking' up
Jan 10th 2014
Outstanding ep.
Jan 10th 2014
Abed's riff about autistic detectives was awesome
Jan 10th 2014
when he got rolled out at the press conference
Jan 11th 2014
If Starburns came back so could pierce
Jan 11th 2014
they can survive without Pierce
Jan 13th 2014
that ep was great.
Jan 13th 2014
Didnt' love the Bandit episode
Jan 13th 2014
Britta has been severely underutilised so far
Jan 13th 2014
Lovely (bottle) episode, and a nice way to prepare for Glover's exit
Jan 17th 2014
that semen cylinder sequence was clutch
Jan 17th 2014
I laughed every single time he gave the semen.
Jan 19th 2014
Fucking terrific episode. It's back in full force.
Jan 17th 2014
So, I cried.
Jan 17th 2014
Best episode of the new season so far
Jan 17th 2014
he said "what up n-bombs"
Jan 18th 2014
BonTroyage / Lava World
Jan 23rd 2014
RE: BonTroyage / Lava World *spoiler*
Jan 23rd 2014
Yessss...at "Childish Tycoon"
Jan 24th 2014
I cried at the end. An outstanding send-off.
Jan 24th 2014
2 weeks in a row I've had to pause and walk away from my desk
Jan 24th 2014
Really great Britta episode
Jan 24th 2014
This "new" Britta is so much better than where she was going
Jan 24th 2014
great episode, I'm gonna miss Troy & Abed
Jan 24th 2014
Almost perfect episode
Jan 25th 2014
Finally caught up.... damn, this season's 5 for 5.
Jan 24th 2014
One for the road: A compilation of Troy crying
Jan 24th 2014
Yo when Britta was getting a whoopin and Troy started crying?
Jan 24th 2014
everything about that episode was fantastic
Jan 24th 2014
not a fan of the episode, but still got mad emotional.
Jan 24th 2014
Damn that was good
Jan 27th 2014
Anyone Peep This?
Jan 28th 2014
That's pretty dope
Jan 28th 2014
Bondage And Beta Male Sexuality
Mar 01st 2014
Really enjoyed it
Mar 01st 2014
Yeah that was a great ep
Mar 03rd 2014
why did NBC fire Harmon?
Mar 06th 2014
Yeah, Community's bench is DEEP!!
Mar 07th 2014
I wish they made Mitch Hurwitz a full time cast member
Mar 07th 2014
just imagine a few Hurwitz/Harmon Community collabs
Mar 07th 2014
I dunno if you listen to Harmon's podcast, Harmontown....
Mar 07th 2014
I kept trying to put my finger on who that was.
Mar 14th 2014
I haven't enjoyed Community this much since season 1
Mar 08th 2014
it has returned to form and I love it !!
Mar 09th 2014
it's pretty easy to see that he'd be shitty to work with
Mar 09th 2014
loooooooooool . . . . Dean blacked out
Mar 14th 2014
Jeff and Britta seemed SURPRISED
Mar 22nd 2014
      Quite the opposite
Mar 23rd 2014
Man, Spencer (guy playing Annie's brother) is living the fucking dream
Mar 14th 2014
Oh shit, Vince Gilligan.
Mar 14th 2014
Ok, so we got David Cross.
Mar 23rd 2014
just caught the d&d episode
Mar 22nd 2014
This show is firing on all fucking cylinders
Mar 24th 2014
This season might be my favorite of them all
Mar 24th 2014
      It's hard for me to remember just how much I laughed before...
Mar 24th 2014
           Part 3 for completeness...
Mar 24th 2014
Mar 29th 2014
i never thought i'd see a sitcom do a GI Joe rip.
Apr 03rd 2014
If by silly you mean fucking amazing, then I agree.
Apr 04th 2014
Right? and they've made Abed amazing
Apr 04th 2014
for real. and they made abed native american. shit was great.
Apr 06th 2014
I mean, the episode spoke to me on a personal level. But if you didn't.....
Apr 07th 2014
      I was too young for GI, I was always a Ninja Turtle kid....but that bein...
Apr 17th 2014
That has to get an emmy nom, right?
Apr 05th 2014
There's one in production, sans Harmon
Apr 05th 2014
I think there's more animations in the commercials
Apr 07th 2014
wow.
Apr 17th 2014
Celebrity Beat-Offs!!! I was dying.
Apr 21st 2014
The last two eps were pretty average to me
Apr 21st 2014
Agreed on both counts.
Apr 21st 2014
The Darkest Timeline: Community Has Been Canceled
May 09th 2014
A meteor is going to destroy Earth! And that's canon.
May 09th 2014
wait what?
May 10th 2014
Pray for a revival.
May 09th 2014
Twitter is mad that it got cancelled
May 09th 2014
Welp, that's disappointing. Not surprising, though.
May 10th 2014
A pulse? Sony and Hulu in talks for season 6 (swipe)
May 28th 2014

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86672 posts
Sun Jun-02-13 01:34 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "They found a way to bring me back. Well done."
In response to Reply # 0

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15309 posts
Sun Jun-02-13 12:11 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "yea I watched maybe first 6 eps and just sorta fell off"
In response to Reply # 1

I didn't actively dislike them either, I just didn't feel the NEED like I had the past 3 seasons.

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." © Jay Bilas
"I don't read pages of rap lyrics, I listen to rap music." © Bombastic
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

DJ007
Member since Apr 06th 2003
5447 posts
Sun Jun-02-13 06:45 PM

3. "yeah its awesome ,no offense to the guys who did this past season....."
In response to Reply # 1

but it was Dan's baby to begin with, I was amazed that network would keep the show but fire the creator of the show like WTH...lol

twitter - @auterronin

ZooTown74
Member since May 29th 2002
43582 posts
Tue Jun-18-13 06:55 PM

4. "Dan Harmon shits on season 4, then apologizes for it (swipes)"
In response to Reply # 0

Oh, Dan

Also, a black showrunner would not only have been re-fired, but they also would have been banned from all social media

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/dan-harmon-slams-sony-bosses-community-season-4/#more-522911

UPDATE: Dan Harmon Apologizes For Comments Slamming ‘Community’ Season 4 & Sony Bosses

By THE DEADLINE TEAM | Tuesday June 18, 2013 @ 11:00am PDT

PREVIOUS, MONDAY PM: At Sunday’s taping of his Harmontown podcast, returning Community creator and exec producer Dan Harmon unloaded on the show’s fourth season, which carried on under writers David Guarascio and Moses Port after NBC replaced Harmon as showrunner last year. “It’s very much like an impression and an unflattering one,” he said. “It’s 13 episodes of ‘I’m Dan Harmon!’ I’m going back to work tomorrow morning and I’m just like, do I talk like that?” Harmon, who is heading back for Season 5 with writer Chris McKenna, compared catching up on the Guarascio and Port-led fourth season to “flipping through Instagram watching your girlfriend blow a million (people).”

He also didn’t mince words when it came to describing Sony TV’s decision to remove him from the show in the first place. (Sony TV produces Community with Universal.) “There’s a system in place that’s winning because I would have had too much leverage, too much power, too much salary as would have a lot of writers coming into Season 4. So they just flushed us, and replaced us with two guys who didn’t know what they were getting into… Writers fighting other writers is the American Dream in the eyes of Sony. That is what they want. They want creative people rewriting each other. They want creative people replacing each other. They want us interchangeable. They want to think about writing the way they think about the guy on assembly line 24 that puts the final screw in the fucking Playstation… I shouldn’t even say ‘they’ because it’s an ‘it,’ it’s a fucking machine. There isn’t a single person that works at that corporation that isn’t also thought of like that by the fucking SkyNet… The system just wants us all to not be human.”

Harmon revealed he’d recently reached out to Bill Murray in hopes of bringing him on the show despite Season 4 introducing James Brolin as Jeff Winger’s father, the character Harmon had envisioned Murray to play. “I always wanted Jeff’s father to be Bill Murray,” he said. “I named him Jeff Winger after Bill Murray’s character in Stripes. There’s something awesome about being held down and watching your family get raped on a beach. It’s liberating.”

UPDATE: Dan Harmon took to Twitter and his blog to apologize for the “very un-Community” comments in Sunday’s podcast rant. He offered a mea culpa to the show’s fans, its crew, and the writers on the fourth season that Harmon was absent for: “I’m sorry I pooped on your work.” Harmon also apologized for using language that “dehumanize(d) the developmentally disabled” and for “using the word ‘rape’ in a comedic context.” Harmon’s now back at work on Community Season 5.

Dan Harmon's apology blog post:

>It Won’t Happen Again Again

My apolotweets might not have fit the scale of the crime for some, so I’m following them up with one of my patented apoloblogs. I want to clarify, I’m apoloblogging in an effort to counteract pain I caused other people. Not because I think what I have to say is important - this is one of those days when I’m definitely fantasizing about getting less attention. And less money, and less oxygen, and, like, getting run over by a bus and stuff. But while I accidentally have your attention, I want to use it to say things I would have and should have said instead of what I did say.

On Sunday night, during my award winning Harmontown podcast (*), which is available for free and, for those interested, is a joyfully overflowing source of opportunities to dislike me, I vented some spleen about the allegedly traumatizing experience of binge-watching a season of TV I didn’t get to control (cue microscopic violin). Laughs were had, I felt better, I cried about my Dad, we played Dungeons and Dragons - it’s a great podcast. It’s not as good as “This Feels Terrible with Erin McGathy” or “The Duncan Trussell Family Hour” but it’s pretty okay if you’re, say, a 25 year old aspiring narcissist whose drive to work is two hours long and thinks stammering is hot.

I went to bed feeling great, woke up and started work on season five of Community with our exciting season five staff. I took them to lunch, checked my tweets, discovered my name in several headlines next to several bad words, and, as usual, it was then that I started to consider how my words might affect other people if viewed as headlines. After five seconds of thinking, I realized, as usual, that other people might be hurt, and that I really need to do this whole “saying things and thinking about other people” cycle in a different order at some point. I think it would make my podcast shorter but I think there’s a lot of listeners that would consider that an upgrade, too.

Here’s a list of people of whom I failed to think in that moment, and the sincerely owed apologies to them.

I am first and foremost sorry to Community fans that got paid nothing to stick by Community and get us to a fifth season only to hear the incoming showrunner say some stuff that felt very un-Community. Even if my goal had been to hurt someone, it would never have been you. What I said was disrespectful to your love for this show, love that I sometimes erroneously equate with validation of me as a person. I am unwittingly and unfortunately infamous for the amount I care about your opinion. I often say that I write in an attempt to “make people like me.” I’m realizing what makes me unlikable is that I haven’t made the leap from “caring what people think about me” to “caring about people.” And let’s face it, if I’m doing this at 40 how cool am I going to get before I die. But I do know, every minute of every day, that I owe you folks what I consider to be my life and guarantee you that every time I’ve pissed you off it’s been on accident. And to keep from hurting you, I’m going to try thinking about you before saying things into microphones. I’m usually okay at it when I’m talking to actual press, because there’s a big visual reminder in the form of a cube on a mic or monkey in a diaper on the table. But when you’re listening to Harmontown, or, worse yet, reading transcripts from Harmontown, you’re catching me in unforgivably human moments. Obviously the solution is to stop talking about my job in my podcast until production is safely complete. That will protect the show you love, and your love of it, from the creator with the Mouth from PR Hell. I will do this. But more importantly, I am sorry.

Next I want to apologize to the people that did get paid to work on that season, but not enough: the cast and crew. I get personal value out of being as honest as possible, but, honestly, how honest was what I said? It was dishonest to imply that something you worked on was as hard to watch as my family being assaulted. I was riffing and tried to turn darkness into levity through shock and hyperbole. I was very much not thinking about anyone but myself while watching that season, which was the crime. I hope over time you’ll forgive me. I wasn’t thinking about your contribution or describing it. I was just indulging my petty feelings about being left out. It seemed kind of funny at the time because it seemed at the time like I was the only person with feelings. Because my head was up my ass. Again, it’s been up there 40 years so it would be dishonest to promise it’s coming out, but what I can promise is that I’ll stop talking about the show without thinking of you. You second, fans first. I think that’s how you’d want it.

Thirdly, because they got paid more, but still not enough, the season 4 writers. I’m sorry I pooped on your work. You had to do something nobody should have to attempt, and you had the option of doing it the lazy way or the sellout way and you clearly did what you did because you were thinking of the fans. There was some amazing stuff in there. Funny jokes. I liked the “Hogan’s Villains” line. The idea that in Germany, people watch Hogan’s Heroes, but they call it Hogan’s Villains, is seriously so funny I had to rewind it a couple times to finish laughing. I will apologize to the Germans later. Season 4 writers: Thank you and I’m sorry. As I went on to say in my podcast, the creatives are not the bad guys…I shouldn’t be letting an inhuman system that doesn’t care about humans enough turn humans against humans. Especially us. Don’t tell anyone I said this but all writers are better people than all non-writers. Nobody read that unless you’re a writer. I broke a code when I judged the work of writers with whom I wasn’t in the same trenches. I’ll suffer for it because I’ll be looking for a job soon enough and nobody will want to work with Judgy McPsycho Van Crieswhenhetypes. So I hope my ten seconds of, as the kids say, “butthurt” comedy was worth it to me, and I’ll see you in Hell, where, don’t tell anybody I said this but is where I believe all writers go because we make God jealous.

Almost lastly, I have to address this “rape joke” concept. I have to address it because it looks like if I don’t say anything, it could send the wrong message to people with an understandable passion for the subject. This is a subject that is, and should be, insanely volatile and provocative, because it combines the words “rape” and “joke.” It puts them right next to each other, it’s like putting a running chainsaw next to a puppy, it’s just not something you can walk past without getting disturbed and invested. Does anyone think rape is funny? I hope not. Do we become more progressive culturally through the mitigation of inappropriate language? I don’t know, it’s sure worth continued discussion, if you feel strongly one way or the other you should come up on stage at the next Harmontown. In the mean time, I am deeply sorry to anyone I hurt by using the word “rape” in a comedic context. I am sorry to anyone I hurt by conjuring the concept of rape in a metaphor about my stupid hurt feelings. As you saw above, unless you skimmed this blog entry for the word “rape,” I was not thinking about the impact of my words on the people that love Community and work on it. So I hope you can believe me when I tell you I was definitely not thinking about the impact of that word on people that are currently seeking to get it out of comedic contexts. I’m very sorry to have hurt and frustrated you and I will definitely be swayed from the use of that word in comedic contexts because I don’t like hurting people and as an added bonus, I don’t like getting yelled at on Twitter. Especially when the people yelling have phrases like “rape joke” on their side. It’s kind of hard to think of oneself as being “pro rape joke.” Don’t want to be that guy. Done and done.

Oh, on the politically correct side, I just remembered something else. I think when I did my impression of Season 4’s impression of me, I said “durpy durpy dur, I’m Dan Harmon,” which I think I saw someone point out is language used to dehumanize the developmentally disabled, and that’s not cool, I shouldn’t have done that.

Okay, wow, that was a lot of apologizing. That was not a short blog post. Because that’s how sorry I am. Also I love talking about myself, but, trust me, this has been more pain than pleasure for the guy that made you feel bad. Now I’m going to get back to conceptualizing with the writers about season 5 and, I hope, achieve a heightened level of actual empathy in the bargain.

Love,
A Remorseful Friend

(*) Harmontown is currently award-free but I don’t want to have to edit this post later.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Im not posting in PTP

CaptNish
Member since Mar 09th 2004
14495 posts
Tue Jun-18-13 07:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "Have you ever listened to Harmontown?"
In response to Reply # 4

I love Dan Harmon as a writer, but holy shit it gets really scary. Like, Dan Harmon surrounded by a crowd who loves Dan Harmon gets him feelin' himself WAY too much. So, that this happened does not surprise me one bit. As a matter of fact, I only started listening to the podcast again recently, because I knew it wouldn't be long until he put his foot firmly in his fucking mouth.

_
Yo! That’s My Jawn: The Podcast - Available Now!
http://linktr.ee/yothatsmyjawn

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Tue Jun-18-13 07:15 PM

6. "No, but I can only imagine"
In response to Reply # 5

______________________________________________________________________________________
Im not posting in PTP

CaptNish
14495 posts
Wed Jun-19-13 11:14 AM

7. "Alright. I just listened to it. It isn't that bad."
In response to Reply # 4

A lot of that article is taken way out of context.

_

SankofaII
Charter member
30751 posts
Wed Jun-19-13 11:23 AM

8. "RE: Alright. I just listened to it. It isn't that bad."
In response to Reply # 7

>A lot of that article is taken way out of context.

it may not be that bad, but you don't shit on the hand that feeds you at all...

in Harmon's case, NBC/Sony.

Yes, we all know what he's saying is true about how Sony *AND* NBC treats creatives...

but in public?

he knows better...

and yes he is replaceable and he was. And can still be replaced again.

Plus he most definitely making six figures PER EPISODE, so honestly, he kinda needs sit down the shut thee entire fuck up for whining and complaining for a show that really DOES have a miniscule audience and that most folk aren't checking for AT ALL....

I suspect NBC/Sony put his ass on notice on some "yes, you're back but fuck up again..." which is why the apology popped up.

Get Out the Room
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/get-out-the-room/id525657893

Some of y'all need this in your life: http://www.psychology.com

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44720 posts
Wed Jun-19-13 11:52 AM

9. "Sony knew exactly when it was getting into when it rehired him"
In response to Reply # 8

They can't bring him back in, then be SHOCKED, yes, SHOCKED when he goes on his podcast and says something inflammatory. If they don't want to deal with the fall-out from Dan Harmon behavior, then don't get him back under contract in the first place.

And Sony likes milking Harmon's schtick as much as anyone when it helps them make money. Weren't they the ones pushing for him to record audio commentary for the Season 4 DVD set just to boost sales?

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

SankofaII
Charter member
30751 posts
Wed Jun-19-13 12:35 PM

11. "RE: Sony knew exactly when it was getting into when it rehired him"
In response to Reply # 9

>They can't bring him back in, then be SHOCKED, yes, SHOCKED
>when he goes on his podcast and says something inflammatory.
>If they don't want to deal with the fall-out from Dan Harmon
>behavior, then don't get him back under contract in the first
>place.
>
>And Sony likes milking Harmon's schtick as much as anyone when
>it helps them make money. Weren't they the ones pushing for
>him to record audio commentary for the Season 4 DVD set just
>to boost sales?
>
>

true indeed.

but i still feel like not everyone on board with Harmon at Sony or NBC...

but he's back and since Sony knows that Harmon's lash outs get press and ultimately views, then, it's a win win for all.

I just hope more people WATCH the show...because the show NEEDS an audience boost.

Get Out the Room
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/get-out-the-room/id525657893

Some of y'all need this in your life: http://www.psychology.com

JiggysMyDayJob
Member since Jul 03rd 2002
5180 posts
Wed Jun-19-13 12:34 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "Dae021 and I talk about this on our Podcast"
In response to Reply # 8
Wed Jun-19-13 12:39 PM by JiggysMyDayJob

Harmmon will get a way with it and it's because NBC knows they need him. They sided with Chase and Co. when they first fired Harmmon and lost a few writers as well and that 4th season took a huge dive in viewership and content. The loyal fans that stayed have voiced what they felt about the series after his departure also with some even calling for Harmmons return.

Now, NBC lost two of their major sitcoms in the same year and didn't have anything of great quality to replace them (I see you Whitney, 1600 Penn, and the New Normal. With the exception of a few of the pilots they picked up NBC knows it's bread and butter in the sitcom market right now are with P&R and Community. The only solution to keep that show afloat and keep those viewers and bring back/get more was to give Harmmon his show back.

So now Harmmon is going to revel in it and take shots cause he knows that they need him (at least for another season or two) I expect him to take shots and shit on them, they basically took his baby away because they wanted to side with the bigger name (Chase).Dude is hurt and I don't blame him for taking a poke.

Now with all that said, Yes Dan Harmmon has a huge ego and can seem a bit of a dick but I get the context. He'll get his 6 seasons and boom on to film dude trying to be the next Apatow.

Check our podcast we go over the whole Harmmon/NBC thing pretty frequently.

sometimes u gotta leave ur inner nigger in the bank vault. - desus

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpress.com
itunes:https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249
facebook: facebook.com/situationpodemy
@SituationPodemy

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85077 posts
Wed Jun-19-13 12:43 PM

12. "exactly he deserves to flex. S4 sucked dick "
In response to Reply # 10
Wed Jun-19-13 12:44 PM by BrooklynWHAT

it proved that he ISNT replaceable.

as for those NBC sitcoms, i actually like that Save Me show they're running right now. i don't think they'll renew it but it's pretty funny to me.

<--- Big Baller World Order

JiggysMyDayJob
5180 posts
Wed Jun-19-13 02:11 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
13. "Save Me got cancelled at the jump"
In response to Reply # 12

1ep and NBC was like "nah". Which proves my point why he's getting that much more leeway in being an ass about season 4. Yea he gave that halfhearted apology and his girl is doing the same but Dan is just going to keep being Dan.

@SituationPodemy

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Wed Jun-19-13 03:10 PM

14. "They should've just cancelled the show, instead of pandering..."
In response to Reply # 10

to a showrunner of a show that was already on the verge of being cancelled multiple times before.

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

Frank Longo
86672 posts
Wed Jun-19-13 03:20 PM

15. "Not sure NBC has a choice."
In response to Reply # 14
Wed Jun-19-13 03:20 PM by Frank Longo

With The Office and 30 Rock gone, they have two-- count em, two-- comedies with passionate followings. Community is one of them. They're going to try to find new shows, but until they do, they absolutely need more than one returning comedy to try to build with, regarding of the shows' past ratings.

JiggysMyDayJob
5180 posts
Wed Jun-19-13 04:00 PM

16. "exactly."
In response to Reply # 15

Its rough for NBC right now. Their numbers aren't that great and they used to be a sitcom powerhouse, Must See TV Thursdays used to mean something for decades.

Take a look at all the pilots they picked up, it's like two possibly three that will be worth it and even then those might not get the following that P&R and Community have.

If Harmmon is bringing back fans and bringing in numbers which in turn brings in advertisers why not? They need him right now, they know it and he knows it.

@SituationPodemy

CaptNish
14495 posts
Wed Jun-19-13 04:21 PM

17. "If they get this show out of that 8 o'clock slot..."
In response to Reply # 16

...I think it has a chance to make it. At least on the same bubble that Parks & Rec exists in.

_

JiggysMyDayJob
5180 posts
Wed Jun-19-13 04:57 PM

18. "It more than likely won't get that 8' spot"
In response to Reply # 17

Michael J. Fox has a new show and it looks like it could be the flagship Thursday 8 O'clock show. They'll either come on before it or at 9 after Parks and Rec.

@SituationPodemy

CaptNish
14495 posts
Wed Jun-19-13 06:07 PM

19. "Perfect."
In response to Reply # 18

As long as it doesn't have to go up against BBT, I'm happy.

_

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Mon Jul-08-13 04:04 PM

20. "Troy Barnes will be doing less studying, more rapping next season (swipe..."
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Jul-08-13 05:37 PM by ZooTown74

http://www.vulture.com/2013/07/donald-glover-will-spend-less-time-on-community-season-five.html

>Donald Glover Will Spend Less Time on Community Next Season
By Josef Adalian

Back in June, we told you that Donald Glover was looking to spend less time at Greendale and more time with Childish Gambino. Well, now it appears to really be happening: Vulture has learned that the actor's reps and Community producer Sony Pictures Television have worked out a new agreement that will see Glover appearing as Troy Barnes in just five of the show's upcoming thirteen episodes, according to sources familiar with the matter.

The studio probably could have insisted on Glover committing to all thirteen half-hour episodes (or more, if NBC ordered them), but as often happens in Hollywood, both camps found a way to compromise. Glover will now be able to focus more on his music, while Sony will save some money since it won't have to pay Glover for every episode. (Of course, once and future showrunner Dan Harmon might find a way to spend that extra coin. Maybe a 3-D episode?)

Reps for Sony and Glover couldn't immediately be reached for comment, while reps for Abed Nadir were doing all they could to keep the news from him.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Im not posting in PTP

Ray_Snill
Charter member
16840 posts
Mon Jul-08-13 10:01 PM

21. "so Troy going to AC school"
In response to Reply # 20

<================================
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd494/raysnill1/2012falcons.jpg

j0510
Member since Feb 02nd 2012
2315 posts
Sat Dec-14-13 02:09 PM

22. "Community Season 5 Trailer - Beyond the Darkest Timeline"
In response to Reply # 0

Looks Good.
1 hr. premiere Thursday January 2nd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-3kFjFbSSE

Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Mon Dec-16-13 09:28 AM

23. "LOL season 4 wasn't great, but it wasn't as bad as people act..."
In response to Reply # 0

...it just wasn't funny, and they tried to have heart but it felt hollow...the show does need Harmon, but the show is lucky it's on a stuggling network, or it'd be gone....

With Chase gone and Glover going Gambino, i wanna see what Harmon will do ...hopefully less Chang overkill...

"yes, sometimes my rhymes are sexist, but you lovely bitches and hos should know i'm tryin to correct it"- hiphopopotamus

Dae021
Member since Mar 12th 2003
39375 posts
Tue Dec-17-13 10:24 AM

24. "Season 4 was just as you said Hollow"
In response to Reply # 23

The inspector Spacetime convention episode is a really good example of good in theory hollow in execution.

From what i've seen looks like their going to lean heavily on Joel and re-emergence Chang. I'm hopeful.

Get out the room,
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/get-out-the-room/id525657893

Situation Podemy love

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpres

The Goldng Child
Member since Jun 27th 2002
1065 posts
Tue Dec-17-13 12:10 PM

25. "RE: LOL season 4 wasn't great, but it wasn't as bad as people act..."

i was an apologist for season 4 when it aired, but now that the show is on syndication, i've rewatched the entire series, and the drop in quality is pretty clear. i do enjoy the freaky friday episode though.

BrooklynWHAT
85077 posts
Tue Dec-17-13 02:56 PM

26. "not funny = bad. shit made me quit watching."

topaz
Member since Nov 28th 2002
6236 posts
Sat Jan-04-14 08:08 AM

38. "Yeah I really don't understand the season 4 hate"

People are acting like season 2 & 3 didn't have its share of problems, which is BS. With that said, these first two eps were great.

-
Gang Starr / Nujabes blend - https://youtu.be/lsci1vu6ick
DOOM Tribute - https://youtu.be/qmBQ2BDefKM
Donut of the Heart cover in Javascript - https://youtu.be/afLc2CkC8lk

BrooklynWHAT
85077 posts
Thu Jan-02-14 04:07 PM

27. "comes back tonight. by all accounts its supposed to be good again"
In response to Reply # 0

not surprised really.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/96526/community-is-back-and-so-is-dan-harmon-oh-yeah-the-shows-good-again

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-community-returns-to-its-old-self-with-dan-harmon-back-in-charge

http://entertainment.time.com/2014/01/02/tv-tonight-community-is-back/

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Thu Jan-02-14 04:15 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
28. "20 Inside Jokes from Community "
In response to Reply # 0

http://mentalfloss.com/article/51194/20-inside-jokes-community

Click through for relevant youtube clips

BrooklynWHAT
85077 posts
Fri Jan-03-14 01:03 AM

29. "wow the Re-Pilot was flawless execution"
In response to Reply # 0

ChampAreno
Member since Apr 29th 2010
2508 posts
Fri Jan-03-14 01:14 AM

30. "Thought it was excellent"
In response to Reply # 0

Couldn't agree more. The whole "Re-Pilot" was well done.

I guess spoilers but anyways...

So many great things
Jonathan Banks with the same intensity as Mike, Leonard's earring, Dean's "teacher get-up" for Jeff, NICK CAGE, Annie looking better, Britta's awkward hands, the voice-over

I think they're on the right track

"Take one for the team when the opponents disperse damage"

Dae021
39375 posts
Fri Jan-03-14 12:13 PM

33. "Wait you think Annie looks better now?"
In response to Reply # 30

Get out the room,

Situation Podemy love

Nodima
15309 posts
Fri Jan-03-14 12:17 PM

34. "she ain't never not cute as a button, let's get it straight"
In response to Reply # 33

i spent this whole interview falling in love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wrI2EsVnnE

~~~~~~~~~

Dae021
39375 posts
Fri Jan-03-14 03:32 PM

36. "Yea I think she won a TON of fans with that one"
In response to Reply # 34

Dudes from all over lost ball control immediately.

Get out the room,

Situation Podemy love

ChampAreno
Member since Apr 29th 2010
2508 posts
Fri Jan-03-14 01:21 PM

35. "well, i've ALWAYS thought she looked cute"
In response to Reply # 33

maybe it was the long absence but when she was in Jeff's class I started thinking, "man, she looks good"

"Take one for the team when the opponents disperse damage"

Dae021
39375 posts
Fri Jan-03-14 03:43 PM

37. "I feel you, I just want those 10lbs back "
In response to Reply # 35

Round that behind out some more, and I think everyone knows about those C cups.

Get out the room,

Situation Podemy love

Nodima
15309 posts
Fri Jan-03-14 10:21 AM

31. "Harmon: "OKAY! I'M RELOA-TED! YOU THINK YOU BIG TIME?!""
In response to Reply # 0

~~~~~~~~~

CaptNish
14495 posts
Fri Jan-03-14 10:31 AM

32. "Goddamn I am glad the wheels are back on the bus"
In response to Reply # 0

That was great.

_

Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Fri Jan-10-14 08:23 AM

39. "i liked the "bandit" ep more than the first two"
In response to Reply # 0

...the Pierce thing came out of nowhere to me, but who is surprised?

....Troy in the blanket was killin me

"yes, sometimes my rhymes are sexist, but you lovely bitches and hos should know i'm tryin to correct it"- hiphopopotamus

Ray_Snill
Charter member
16840 posts
Fri Jan-10-14 09:17 AM

40. "the blue tint alone had me 'cracking' up"
In response to Reply # 39

yeah this was a great episode to me, I think I laughed a lot more than I did the first two

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/4837778/william-moore-wwe-tackle-o.gif

Frank Longo
86672 posts
Fri Jan-10-14 10:08 AM

41. "Outstanding ep."

CaptNish
14495 posts
Fri Jan-10-14 11:56 AM

42. "Abed's riff about autistic detectives was awesome"

_

SeV
Charter member
50216 posts
Sat Jan-11-14 10:32 AM

43. "when he got rolled out at the press conference "

and stood up trembling to smack that dude

then got rolled away

I was dyin

Dallas Heatvricks BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS!!

handle
Charter member
18954 posts
Sat Jan-11-14 01:52 PM

44. "If Starburns came back so could pierce"

I'm not sure if the show can survive without Pierce AND Troy.

Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Mon Jan-13-14 08:42 AM

45. "they can survive without Pierce"
In response to Reply # 44

the last two seasons he was barely around...i'm gonna miss him, but i'm cool with that, plus homie from BB has been doing a great job so far...the Troy thing will be tougher...

BrooklynWHAT
85077 posts
Mon Jan-13-14 05:55 PM

48. "that ep was great."

Dae021
39375 posts
Mon Jan-13-14 09:10 AM

46. "Didnt' love the Bandit episode"
In response to Reply # 0

I also don't like where this show may be headed without Donald, and Pierce. i just feel like its going to be way too much Jeff and Annie.

I'll say this though, Annie moving those keys up the wall as not to get coined was hilarious.

Get out the room,

Situation Podemy love

topaz
6236 posts
Mon Jan-13-14 05:33 PM

47. "Britta has been severely underutilised so far"
In response to Reply # 0

I think she became my fav character after becoming more and more Philip J Fry-ish the last few seasons, hopefully there will be a few eps coming up where the focus is on her. Other than that, the last ep was fairly decent.

-

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Fri Jan-17-14 12:17 AM

49. "Lovely (bottle) episode, and a nice way to prepare for Glover's exit"
In response to Reply # 0

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm lofty. Feel free to stay lost in your feelings.

BrooklynWHAT
85077 posts
Fri Jan-17-14 12:35 AM

50. "that semen cylinder sequence was clutch"
In response to Reply # 49

i really thought it wasnt gonna be funny by the 3rd or 4th person but they kept it fresh.

Anfernee
Member since Nov 11th 2004
24780 posts
Sun Jan-19-14 09:25 PM

55. "I laughed every single time he gave the semen."
In response to Reply # 50

Abed just got the jizz and that's it.

Hilarious.

The whole "Hey Troy, you should sail across the world and shit" bit to write him off the season felt a bit too random and forced though.

http://www.angryasianman.com

Frank Longo
86672 posts
Fri Jan-17-14 10:13 AM

52. "Fucking terrific episode. It's back in full force."
In response to Reply # 49

CaptNish
14495 posts
Fri Jan-17-14 03:16 AM

51. "So, I cried."
In response to Reply # 0

Legit tears. Just wanted to admit that.

_

adam
Member since Jul 15th 2006
2188 posts
Fri Jan-17-14 12:45 PM

53. "Best episode of the new season so far"
In response to Reply # 0

And best one in long time. That was a nice sendoff for Pierce. Some great callbacks with Britta's iPod Nano and Troy getting to eat a ghost as well. Also, really enjoyed how they used Chang this episode. I like him better in these kind of brief explosions of insanity, or something. Just popping in and out of the episode for little bits.

Nodima
15309 posts
Sat Jan-18-14 05:05 PM

54. "he said "what up n-bombs""
In response to Reply # 53

I died.

~~~~~~~~~

BrooklynWHAT
85077 posts
Thu Jan-23-14 08:23 PM

56. "BonTroyage / Lava World"
In response to Reply # 0

britta actually being good in a wacky episode? that automatically makes this episode great.

and she sexy as fuck w/ that mad max hair.

beatnik
Member since Oct 24th 2004
2950 posts
Thu Jan-23-14 08:59 PM

57. "RE: BonTroyage / Lava World *spoiler*"
In response to Reply # 56

I liked the "childish tycoon"

And what a world it would be if you could win 50k for playing the floor is lava. Cool episode.

PEACE LOVE and MONEY

https://soundcloud.com/dabeatnik/drumpf-beer

DJ007
5447 posts
Fri Jan-24-14 09:58 AM

61. "Yessss...at "Childish Tycoon""
In response to Reply # 57

I died when I saw that lmao!!!

Frank Longo
86672 posts
Fri Jan-24-14 02:05 AM

58. "I cried at the end. An outstanding send-off."

CaptNish
14495 posts
Fri Jan-24-14 12:17 PM

63. "2 weeks in a row I've had to pause and walk away from my desk"
In response to Reply # 58

Stupid man tears.

_

adam
2188 posts
Fri Jan-24-14 02:57 AM

59. "Really great Britta episode"

And that last scene with Troy's individual goodbyes was really well done.

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Fri Jan-24-14 08:12 AM

60. "This "new" Britta is so much better than where she was going"

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Ray_Snill
Charter member
16840 posts
Fri Jan-24-14 02:30 PM

67. "great episode, I'm gonna miss Troy & Abed "

handle
Charter member
18954 posts
Sat Jan-25-14 12:38 PM

69. "Almost perfect episode"

Whimsy + emotion.

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Fri Jan-24-14 10:13 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
62. "Finally caught up.... damn, this season's 5 for 5."
In response to Reply # 0

Harmon's return is (obviously) tangible. What's particularly notable are the grudgingly necessary references to the terrible fourth season... Troy and Britta had a few knowing glances, a quick aside on sexual performances, then boom, done. Perfect.

Couldn't have asked for better send-offs for both Pierce and Troy too. That whole polygraph sequence was FANTASTIC. I really hope the hidden GPS transmitters come back into play sooner or later.

And I'm curious how they're going to handle this new, hopefully more emotionally vulnerable, Abed. The show's better when the group roles are balanced, but the most compelling episodes (to me) have typically been the Abed-centric ones.

Definitely looking forward to the rest of the season.

mrhood75
44720 posts
Fri Jan-24-14 12:18 PM

64. "One for the road: A compilation of Troy crying"
In response to Reply # 0

And we all know Troy is best when he's crying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTCL6f5YtDQ

-----------------

www.albumism.com

luvlee2003
Charter member
16524 posts
Fri Jan-24-14 05:19 PM

68. "Yo when Britta was getting a whoopin and Troy started crying? "
In response to Reply # 64
Fri Jan-24-14 05:21 PM by luvlee2003

REAL TEARS.

I'd forgotten all about that. His "SHE'S HAD ENOUGH! SHE'S HAD ENOUGH!!!" still causes convulsing for me lol

The only thing missing from that clip is the one where Troy was crying while jumping on the trampoline cause Pierce started making him jump too high.

www.twitter.com/luvlee2003

Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Fri Jan-24-14 12:39 PM

65. "everything about that episode was fantastic"
In response to Reply # 0

...i esp loved that they let Britta be as fun to watch as she was, and they dialed back on Jeff and Annie ALOT

....man i'm gonna miss "Troy and Abed"....Britta looks like she might try to "fill in" for troy with Abed at some point though...

Nodima
15309 posts
Fri Jan-24-14 01:16 PM

66. "not a fan of the episode, but still got mad emotional."
In response to Reply # 0

I really didn't expect that, especially as the episode was nearing the end and I was very much not into a Dan Harmon episode of Community for the first time. but I was practically all-out crying by the time Geordi showed up.

~~~~~~~~~

Dae021
39375 posts
Mon Jan-27-14 10:38 AM

70. "Damn that was good"
In response to Reply # 0

My wife decided she wasn't into the show much anymore so I watched it myself and man that was some real emotional stuff at the end. I would've liked to have seen more Troy and Annie, but that's just me. That goodbye was heart felt and real.

That was perfect

Get out the room,

Situation Podemy love

ACIDSE7EN
Member since Mar 29th 2004
671 posts
Tue Jan-28-14 01:13 PM

71. "Anyone Peep This?"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bC-pTRsu08

Excellent

"Sometimes I feel like the shit
Sometimes I feel like I'm shit
Sometimes I wanna stand for somethin then sometimes wanna sit" 3Stacks

Dae021
39375 posts
Tue Jan-28-14 03:19 PM

72. "That's pretty dope"
In response to Reply # 71

looking at some of those clips, its like damn this show has had some great moments.

Get out the room,

Situation Podemy love

KingMonte
Member since Feb 13th 2006
4675 posts
Sat Mar-01-14 06:31 PM

73. "Bondage And Beta Male Sexuality"
In response to Reply # 0

What?! Nothing?!
This was another amazing episode filled with amazing moments.
They pulled off a Chang C story! Chang!!

Tek4mula
Member since Nov 11th 2008
1451 posts
Sat Mar-01-14 08:37 PM

74. "Really enjoyed it"
In response to Reply # 73

I liked the integration of John Oliver and how the Abed story handled Troy not being there. Not sure what to make of the Chang storyline but at least he wasn't super annoying.

topaz
6236 posts
Mon Mar-03-14 04:44 AM

75. "Yeah that was a great ep"
In response to Reply # 73

-

Ray_Snill
Charter member
16840 posts
Thu Mar-06-14 08:16 PM

76. "why did NBC fire Harmon?"
In response to Reply # 0

this season has been great. I actually don't miss Troy & Pierce.

Starks dunked on Bulls
Member since Dec 07th 2011
12028 posts
Fri Mar-07-14 10:18 AM

77. "Yeah, Community's bench is DEEP!!"
In response to Reply # 76

>this season has been great. I actually don't miss Troy &
>Pierce.
>
>
>
><================================
>http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/4837778/william-moore-wwe-tackle-o.gif

CaptNish
14495 posts
Fri Mar-07-14 12:37 PM

78. "I wish they made Mitch Hurwitz a full time cast member"

Koogler Rules!

_

Ray_Snill
Charter member
16840 posts
Fri Mar-07-14 02:07 PM

79. "just imagine a few Hurwitz/Harmon Community collabs"
In response to Reply # 78

that would get 5 meowmeowbeenz

CaptNish
14495 posts
Fri Mar-07-14 05:22 PM

80. "I dunno if you listen to Harmon's podcast, Harmontown...."
In response to Reply # 79

...but anytime Hurwitz is on, it's fucking hilarious.

_

Anfernee
24780 posts
Fri Mar-14-14 12:52 AM

85. "I kept trying to put my finger on who that was."
In response to Reply # 78
Fri Mar-14-14 12:52 AM by Anfernee

Then when I read his name in the credits, I just found it hilarious.

Yo, and that little trailer at the end? So funny.

Crazy-ass sex fiend Koogler.

topaz
6236 posts
Sat Mar-08-14 07:07 AM

81. "I haven't enjoyed Community this much since season 1"

Every ep has been great so far.

-

DJ007
5447 posts
Sun Mar-09-14 11:27 AM

82. "it has returned to form and I love it !!"
In response to Reply # 81

I geeked the hell out just off of Harmon putting "Childish Tycoon" on the back of the boat Pierce gave Troy..lol

And the latest episode referencing to Logan's Run?

Rjcc
Charter member
94966 posts
Sun Mar-09-14 11:36 AM

83. "it's pretty easy to see that he'd be shitty to work with"

the show hasn't been that great in the ratings, and nbc doesn't own it

http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/rjcc.png

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Starks dunked on Bulls
Member since Dec 07th 2011
12028 posts
Fri Mar-14-14 12:40 AM

84. "loooooooooool . . . . Dean blacked out"
In response to Reply # 0

handle
Charter member
18954 posts
Sat Mar-22-14 06:31 PM

89. "Jeff and Britta seemed SURPRISED"
In response to Reply # 84

I wonder if he did 3 takes with a Milquetoasty rap , and then he hit them with that.

Just the posture brits had , and the way Jeff appears to b "WTF?" seems like it was more of Gillain and Joel re-acting.

Either way, dope verse.

CaptNish
14495 posts
Sun Mar-23-14 10:56 AM

91. "Quite the opposite"
In response to Reply # 89

Harmon says he had Jim Rash do a shitload of takes, all the same. he said he felt bad with how hard he worked him to get that.

_

CaptNish
14495 posts
Fri Mar-14-14 05:25 AM

86. "Man, Spencer (guy playing Annie's brother) is living the fucking dream"
In response to Reply # 0

His story is like one of those one in a million internet things, but as a Harmontown listener since his come up, just watching him do more and more in Harmon's universe is fucking great.

_

Anfernee
24780 posts
Fri Mar-14-14 06:47 AM

87. "Oh shit, Vince Gilligan."
In response to Reply # 0

That's two top showrunners in a row.

If they get David Simon or some shit next episode, I will jizz in my pants.

Anfernee
24780 posts
Sun Mar-23-14 05:39 AM

90. "Ok, so we got David Cross."
In response to Reply # 87

Creator of Mr. Show.

Does that count? Let's just say yes for the trifecta.

The Goldng Child
Member since Jun 27th 2002
1065 posts
Sat Mar-22-14 01:47 PM

88. "just caught the d&d episode"
In response to Reply # 0

great sequel. and i liked that they didn't really resolve the relationship at the end.

did they ever address chang leaving the school though?

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Mon Mar-24-14 09:11 AM

92. "This show is firing on all fucking cylinders"
In response to Reply # 0

They did Hunger Games themes better than last season (without beating you over the head with it), they did the themed D&D sequel better than their COD sequel, and they're handling Troy's loss with amazing continuity.

That whole Annie's brother was way out from left field though, haha. So is he like a superfan or something? Isn't Annie only like 22-23 or so? So does that mean dude is barely 18, and he's rockin the full ZZ Top beard already?

CaptNish
14495 posts
Mon Mar-24-14 09:26 AM

93. "This season might be my favorite of them all"
In response to Reply # 92

It may not be as laugh out loud funny as the first three, but the show I feel like is much stronger for it.

>That whole Annie's brother was way out from left field though,
>haha. So is he like a superfan or something?

That's Spencer! He's Harmon's assistant. Originally, he was just a guy in the audience at the Harmontown podcast, and he volunteered to DM for the shows D&D games. And ever since he's become a part of Harmon's crew. He's awesome.

_

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Mon Mar-24-14 01:44 PM

94. "It's hard for me to remember just how much I laughed before..."
In response to Reply # 93
Mon Mar-24-14 01:44 PM by wallysmith

since I binged Seasons 1 and 2. I enjoyed them thoroughly, but they're just one big haze to me and I intend to rewatch them through one of these days. Season 3 felt like it had a number of episodes that were more introspective (and maybe controversial because of it) but those were some of my favorite episodes.

With that said, I feel like I've been "laughing out loud" quite often this season, and this could be the recency effect, but this may be my favorite season too. Maybe it's the gravity of Troy leaving, or a perhaps rejuvenated Harmon after getting booted for S4 (or all of the above) but there's a 'feel' to this season that's really inspired (like the budding bromance between Duncan and Winger... which I hope continues).

If you're starved for more content, here's some interviews with Harmon (part three either friday or monday):

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/mega-community-interview-with-dan-harmon-part-1/1

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/mega-community-interview-with-dan-harmon-part-2

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Mon Mar-24-14 02:27 PM

95. "Part 3 for completeness..."
In response to Reply # 94
Mon Mar-24-14 02:39 PM by wallysmith

but this is mostly on his other show, Rick and Morty (which sounds fucking hilarious insane)

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/mega-dan-harmon-interview-part-3-rick-and-morty

Highly recommend reading the first two parts though... ton of insights on his departure/return, his relationship with Chevy, character arcs and more.

j0510
2315 posts
Sat Mar-29-14 09:16 PM

96. ""
In response to Reply # 0

http://splitsider.com/2014/03/amazingly-community-seems-like-it-might-actually-get-those-six-seasons-and-a-movie/

Amazingly, 'Community’ Might Actually Get Those Six Seasons and a Movie
by Bradford Evans | March 26th, 2014

For years now, Community fans and the show's cast and crew have been using the phrase "six seasons and a movie" as a half-joking mantra about the show's future, but now, it looks like the show might actually be getting a sixth season and a movie.

TV Guide reports that plans for the movie are in the early stages and that Justin Lin is being considered to direct. Lin directed the last four Fast and the Furious movies and three episodes of Community, including the show's famed paintball episode. TV Guide adds that "NBC and Sony insiders say they're optimistic" and that if NBC passes on another season, Sony "would likely aggressively shop the final season elsewhere, to outlets such as Hulu." Community's odds at NBC are also helped by the fact that NBC has canceled all of its new Thursday night comedies this season (Welcome to the Family, Sean Save the World, Michael J. Fox Show) for the second year in a row, leaving Parks and Rec, which has already been renewed, and Community as the only stable parts of its Thursday night comedy block.

Creator Dan Harmon told HitFix last week that, if the show actually gets a sixth season, he'll have to make a movie to make the "six seasons and a movie" mantra true":

I mean, if they do a sixth season, I have to participate. And having done that, if the movie has to be made out of clay and duct tape in my basement, then that’s how the movie will be made, because there has to be closure. The title of the book about the show is not “Community: An Interesting Journey into a Show No One Ever Watched.” The title of the book is obviously going to be, “Six Seasons and a Movie.” So it’s already over. Sometimes, our hands are just tied up in fate.

BrooklynWHAT
85077 posts
Thu Apr-03-14 07:13 PM

97. "i never thought i'd see a sitcom do a GI Joe rip."
In response to Reply # 0

this is too silly.

CaptNish
14495 posts
Fri Apr-04-14 10:53 AM

98. "If by silly you mean fucking amazing, then I agree."
In response to Reply # 97

_

Ray_Snill
Charter member
16840 posts
Fri Apr-04-14 04:02 PM

99. "Right? and they've made Abed amazing"
In response to Reply # 98

Didn't expect him to be so likable without Troy

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Sun Apr-06-14 09:37 PM

102. "for real. and they made abed native american. shit was great. "
In response to Reply # 99

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
** i move away from the mic to breathe in

mrhood75
44720 posts
Mon Apr-07-14 01:24 AM

103. "I mean, the episode spoke to me on a personal level. But if you didn't....."
In response to Reply # 98

...grow up on the cartoon, the toy commercials, and even the comic book, I can see how the whole ep would go over your head.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Lardlad95
Member since Jul 31st 2002
66340 posts
Thu Apr-17-14 07:39 AM

106. "I was too young for GI, I was always a Ninja Turtle kid....but that bein..."
In response to Reply # 103

I completely enjoyed the episode even though I didn't grow up with GI Joe. The cliches are enough part of pop culture that people will understand what's being mocked and analyzed.

handle
Charter member
18954 posts
Sat Apr-05-14 02:50 PM

100. "That has to get an emmy nom, right?"

Maybe they'll do a Heat Vision and Jack remake at some point too.

CaptNish
14495 posts
Sat Apr-05-14 03:38 PM

101. "There's one in production, sans Harmon"
In response to Reply # 100

http://www.avclub.com/article/dan-harmon-hints-heat-vision-and-jack-animated-ser-202063

_

handle
Charter member
18954 posts
Mon Apr-07-14 11:57 AM

104. "I think there's more animations in the commercials"

I was watching some other NBC shows on my Tivo and the commercials for Community presented some animations I don't remember seeing in the episode.

I'll try to track down links to prove/disprove this.

Nodima
15309 posts
Thu Apr-17-14 04:15 AM

105. "wow."
In response to Reply # 0

~~~~~~~~~

j0510
2315 posts
Mon Apr-21-14 02:32 PM

107. "Celebrity Beat-Offs!!! I was dying."
In response to Reply # 0

This was a great season.

topaz
6236 posts
Mon Apr-21-14 07:09 PM

108. "The last two eps were pretty average to me"
In response to Reply # 0

It was a great season overall though.

-

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Mon Apr-21-14 07:55 PM

109. "Agreed on both counts."
In response to Reply # 108

I think Harmon was sorta backed into the "are we done" or "are we still going" corner.

Regardless of how the season ended though, I really hope Community continues in some way...

*cue Six Seasons and A Movie*

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Fri May-09-14 01:50 PM

110. "The Darkest Timeline: Community Has Been Canceled"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri May-09-14 01:51 PM by ZooTown74

deadline.com

>NBC Cancels ‘Community’ After Five Seasons

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Friday May 9, 2014 @ 11:43am PDT

After cheating death several times, Community‘s luck came to an end today. Ironically, the show’s previous 11th hour renewal, clinched in that four-series deal producer Sony TV was able to negotiate with NBC last May on the strength of its buzzy new show The Blacklist, came with the presumption that the fifth season of the show would be its last. It was a fitting last chapter, with creator Dan Harmon returning to the helm. But as NBC’s comedy woes began, the end game plan was shelved. Community didn’t hit it out of the park in Season 5 but it didn’t blow it either, staying very close to the Season 4 average that earned a renewal. It averaged a 1.5 rating in adults 18-49, down .1 from last season, and acrually gained viewership, 3.7 million to 3.5 million last season. It outrated NBC’s other returning Thursday comedy, Parks & Recreation, which has been renewed, despite facing much stiffer competition in The Big Bang Theory. It also has a very passionate following.

I think that we’re old reliable, like a Tupperware in the fridge,” Harmon said about NBC’s stance on a Community renewal in March at Paley Fest. “We’ll find out when the network is the hungriest.” Would the show find a home elsewhere? Harmon addressed a possible future on a VOD service like Netflix or Hulu if NBC passes, saying that he’s heard “whispers from dark corners” about such a scenario.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Only losers and herbs believe that OKP = Fun with Words + People's Emotions

mrhood75
44720 posts
Fri May-09-14 02:48 PM

111. "A meteor is going to destroy Earth! And that's canon."
In response to Reply # 110

Seriously, NBC couldn't give it 13 more episodes? The show essentially costs them for little, since Sony picks up the costs. And they're going to need to fill schedule holes to sacrifice SOMETHING to the CBS Thursday night NFL games. But, of course, this sounds like a move NBC would make.

All that said, I imagine Hulu or Netflix or someone will pick up the show for a 10 to 13 episode run. Then they just gotta get that movie made.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Rjcc
Charter member
94966 posts
Sat May-10-14 10:54 AM

115. "wait what?"
In response to Reply # 111

>The show essentially costs them for little, since Sony picks up the costs.

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works, like at all.

http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/rjcc.png

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Frank Longo
86672 posts
Fri May-09-14 03:50 PM

112. "Pray for a revival."

JiggysMyDayJob
5180 posts
Fri May-09-14 11:41 PM

113. "Twitter is mad that it got cancelled "

I still don't understand why NBC cancelled the show, it's not like they had anything else out that was worth watching besides Parks and Rec.

They need to do something about whoever is running the show cause they've spiralled out of control quick after 30 Rock and The Office went off.

@SituationPodemy

adam
2188 posts
Sat May-10-14 09:29 AM

114. "Welp, that's disappointing. Not surprising, though. "

One of my favorite shows ever. Still pretty awesome it somehow got to five seasons, and that season five was a much better way to go out than season 4.

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Wed May-28-14 08:59 PM

116. "A pulse? Sony and Hulu in talks for season 6 (swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/community-may-be-revived-sixth-707794

>'Community' May Be Revived for Sixth Season at Hulu
5:49 PM PDT 5/28/2014 by Lesley Goldberg

The streaming service is in talks with producers Sony Pictures Television to bring back the canceled NBC comedy. "We, more than any other studios, fight for shows that we believe in," SPT's Jamie Erlicht told THR.

Hulu and Community producers Sony Pictures Television are in talks for a sixth season of the comedy series, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. The news comes weeks after NBC canceled the community college comedy after five seasons.

"You can't get to six seasons and a movie without six seasons," Sony Pictures Television co-president Jamie Erlicht told THR on May 14, a week after NBC canceled the series. "We, more than any other studios, fight for shows that we believe in. This show had a remarkable history. There are real conversations we need to have with everyone as soon as we get back. We've been on the receiving end of some phone calls, but we really need to get together with the Community team and have real conversations and figure out the future. If there's any show that should have a future or could have a future, it really feels like Community is the one."

Added SPT co-president Zack Van Amburg: "If Dan Harmon feels that this is the darkest timeline, then we'll figure out very quickly how to turn that around. So we need to get to our partner and we've had some really interesting conversations and a few incoming phone calls, which was really nice."

A Community revival would not be out of the question considering the show's constant near-cancellation status over its five-season run. SPT packaged Community with The Blacklist and helped get a fifth season pickup at NBC despite sagging ratings. For its part, Hulu airs current episodes of the series the day after their original broadcast, with Community ranking as one of the site's best performing TV series.

The recently concluded, Harmon-helmed fifth season averaged a 1.1 in the adults 18-49 demo and 3 million total viewers, both off slightly versus season four. But with DVR factored in, the series grew to a 1.5 rating and 3.7 million total viewers -- both modest upticks for a show that was used as a midseason replacement for the second time.

The series did not seem to immediately benefit from Comedy Central's launch of the show in syndication, which started in the fall before its midseason bow on NBC.

Harmon, meanwhile, addressed the show's future a week after its cancellation in a lengthy blog post.

The outspoken showrunner -- who was replaced for Community's fourth season -- admitted to feeling "eh" at first when studio SPT floated the idea about Community living elsewhere: "For a million reasons, some selfish, some creative, one logistic, five sexual, three racist (in a good way) and, oddly, nine isometric." But after several days, Harmon promised that he "won’t be lukewarm" about a revival should it become a serious conversation. "I said ‘eh’ on a Friday afternoon, I will change it to a ‘sure, let’s talk’ on Monday morning and Sony can do their thing,” he wrote. “I’m not going to be the guy that re-cancels canceled Community.”

Harmon was careful to temper fan expectations about a Community return. "I’m scared to tell you how little a difference I think my enthusiasm will make," he wrote. "I know fandom, when it gets this deep for this long, becomes almost religious, including the urge to stone the less than faithful. But there are lots of reasons a Community resurrection could be difficult. So be prepared for that."

Community has been a perennial bubble series during the course of its five-season run. The series was one of only two comedies to return to NBC's schedule for the 2014-15 season (Parks and Recreation was the other). NBC's decision to cancel Community left Parks as its longest-running comedy heading into the 2014-15 season. (That series, like Community, was held back for midseason, where the series will bow out with a 13-episode final run.)

For their part, Harmon and the cast have been vocal about the possibility of a sixth-season pickup. Speaking at PaleyFest in March, star Joel McHale joked: "We know there's going to be a sixth season or else you'll probably show up with pitchforks and torches," with Harmon saying the only thing weirder than getting a sixth season "would be not getting a sixth season."

Meanwhile, Harmon's animated Adult Swim comedy Rick and Morty already has been renewed for a second season.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Marriage is a racket!

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #652230 Previous topic | Next topic