Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #638810

Subject: "Young Justice CANCELLED" Previous topic | Next topic
hardware
Member since May 22nd 2007
42304 posts
Mon Jan-28-13 03:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Young Justice CANCELLED"

yet Johnny Test continues

Young Justice, Green Lantern: TAS Cancelled?
Cartoon Network's 2013-2014 lineup offers several intriguing new shows… plus plenty of disappointment.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/28/young-justice-green-lantern-tas-cancelled
by Scott Collura JANUARY 28, 2013

Cartoon Network has revealed its 2013-2014 lineup of programming, and perhaps not surprising -- but disappointing all the same -- is the absence of Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series on the list of returning shows. Yes, it seems as though the net's DC Nation block of programming will be retooled later this year, dropping those two fan-fave shows in favor of the new Beware The Batman and Teen Titans GO! Such is the life of a superhero…

The writing has been on the wall for Young Justice and Green Lantern for some time now, and while this isn't an official confirmation of their cancellation, it would seem that it is a case of "no news is bad news."

But looking forward, Cartoon Network will feature a three-part Star Wars LEGO special called The Yoda Chronicles, The Powerpuff Girls are returning in their own special, and Beware The Batman and Teen Titans GO! will definitely merit keeping an eye on. Here are more details from the press release:

CARTOON NETWORK NEW SERIES

• Incredible Crew: Incredible Crew, is a live-action, half-hour, sketch comedy series from producer and entertainer Nick Cannon. Every episode of this high-energy, fast-paced show delivers hilarious comedy bits, outrageous hidden camera pranks, original music videos and commercial parodies all with a distinct attitude—a contemporary blend of internet sensibility mixed with kid imagination. Incredible Crew showcases six up-and-coming young comedy stars featured in diverse roles in every genre Shauna Case (American Horror Story), Shameik Moore (Joyful Noise), Tristan Pasterick, Chanelle Peloso (Level Up), Jeremy Shada (Adventure Time) and Brandon Soo Hoo (Enders Game, Tropic Thunder). Nick Cannon serves as executive producer of Incredible Crew along with Michael Goldman and Scott Tomlinson. The series is produced by Cartoon Network Studios in association with NCredible Entertainment.

• Steven Universe: Slated to debut in 2013, Steven Universe is a coming-of-age story told from the perspective of Steven, the youngest member of a team of magical Guardians of the Universe. The animated series was conceived as part of the shorts development initiative at Cartoon Network Studios, and is created by Emmy® and Annie Award-nominated writer and storyboard artist Rebecca Sugar (Adventure Time). Sugar is Cartoon Network’s first solo female show creator.

• Uncle Grandpa: Also slated for 2013, Uncle Grandpa is based upon the Emmy®-nominated short of the same name and follows the exploits of Uncle Grandpa—everyone in the world’s “magical” uncle and grandpa. Created and executive produced by Pete Browngardt (creator of Cartoon Network’s Emmy®, Annie and Annecy Cristal Award-winning Secret Mountain Fort Awesome), Uncle Grandpa was conceived as part of the shorts development program at Cartoon Network Studios.

• Clarence: From creator Skyler Page, Clarence is a new original animated series about an optimistic boy who wants to do everything. Because everything is amazing! Clarence was conceived as part of the shorts development program at Cartoon Network Studios.

• Teen Titans Go!: Featuring the return of Robin, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and Cyborg in all-new, comedic adventures, Teen Titans Go! will premiere in April 2013. Character-driven comedy is the order of the day as this new take on the superhero series focuses on the funny business that happens between saving the world and living together as teenagers without adult supervision. The series stars the principal voice cast from the original Teen Titans, and is produced by Warner Bros. Animation.

• Beware the Batman: A cool, new take on the classic Dark Knight franchise, Beware the Batman incorporates Batman’s core characters with a rogue gallery of new villains not previously seen in animated form. Along with backup from ex-secret agent Alfred and lethal swordstress Katana, the Dark Knight faces the twisted machinations of Gotham City’s criminal underworld led by the likes of Anarky, Professor Pyg, Mister Toad and Magpie. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, this action-packed detective thriller deftly redefines what we have come to know as a “Batman show.” Featuring cutting-edge CGI visuals, Beware the Batman, based on characters from DC Comics, is coming to Cartoon Network’s DC Nation block in Summer 2013.

• Legends of Chima: In the mystical land of CHIMA, Laval the Lion and Cragger the Crocodile are the best of friends. An innocent escapade results in Cragger getting his first experience with the CHI, a powerful and sacred resource important to the delicate balance of CHIMA. The CHI gives awesome power to the user but needs to be managed carefully and certainly not by young adventurous animals. From LEGO, creator of Cartoon Network’s powerhouse action-adventure series Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, Legends of Chima will premiere in Summer 2013.

• Grojband: 12-year-old Corey is the front man for a rockin’ garage band. There’s just one problem: Corey’s lyrics stink. He just can’t think of anything cool to write about, until…he finds his sister’s diary that’s full of “teen angst and junk” and decides to use each diary entry as inspiration for crowd pleasing, heart stopping, foot stomping hit songs. Grojband is distributed by FremantleMedia Ltd. and produced by Fresh TV, creator of the hit animated reality franchise Total Drama Island.

• The Tom and Jerry Show: The iconic cat and mouse rivals are back in The Tom and Jerry Show, a fresh take on the classic series. Preserving the look, characters and sensibility of the original, the all-new series shines a brightly colored, high-definition lens on the madcap slapstick and never-ending battle that has made Tom and Jerry two of the most beloved characters of all time. The Tom and Jerry Show is produced by Warner Bros. Animation.

• Total Drama All Stars: Total Drama is back, but this time the team at Fresh TV have assembled the best loved and most hated contestants from seasons past to compete – Heroes vs. Villains style! Total Drama Island is produced by Fresh TV and distributed by CAKE Distribution.

SPECIALS AND MOVIES

• Adventure Time Special: Highly-regarded comedic actors Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother) and Donald Glover (Community) will be featured in a special episode of Cartoon Network’s hit animated series Adventure Time. The episode, “Bad Little Boy,” is slated to premiere February 18 as part of the series’ fifth and current season. Reprising his role as Prince Gumball from season three’s much-loved gender switch episode “Adventure Time with Fionna and Cake,” Neil Patrick Harris will join Donald Glover, as Marshall Lee, the musical male counterpart to fan favorite Marceline the Vampire Queen in this second installment of the Fionna and Cake (derived from Finn and Jake) saga. In this special episode, the princesses are sick and tired of Ice King’s crazy Fionna and Cake stories, so Marceline stops by the Ice Kingdom to show him how it’s done.

• Regular Show Special: Regular Show, Cartoon Network’s Emmy® Award-winning animated comedy featuring best friends Mordecai, a six-foot-tall blue jay and Rigby, a hyperactive raccoon, is slated for a 30-minute Thanksgiving special, Regular Show style. Mordecai and Rigby accidentally ruin Thanksgiving and must find a way to save it before their families arrive for dinner. The gang pulls together to help make it the best Thanksgiving ever! Regular Show, currently in its’ fourth season, has become an instant hit continually ranking #1 in its time period among all key boy demos across all of television according to Nielsen Media Research.

• The Powerpuff Girls Special: “Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice…plus a dash of mysterious Chemical X” were the essential ingredients that created Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup—also known as The Powerpuff Girls. This groundbreaking and Emmy®-winning series, created by Craig McCracken, ran on Cartoon Network from 1998-2005 and will soar again as a brand-new, redesigned and re-imagined CG special coming in 2013 where the trio of pint-sized super heroines will be called upon to rescue not just the city of Townsville, but the USA and the world! Featuring an original song “I Wish I Was A Powerpuff Girl” performed by Beatles legend Ringo Starr, who also portrays Townsville’s most famous flamboyant mathematician, “Fibonacci Sequins,” this all-new original special comes from a powerhouse creative team featuring animation talent from around the globe including acclaimed director Dave Smith and award-winning art director Kevin Dart and is produced by Cartoon Network Studios in association with UK’s Passion Pictures. The special also features the original voice cast reprising their iconic roles and will premiere later this year.

• The Yoda Chronicles: LEGO Star Wars returns in epic style with THE YODA CHRONICLES, a thrilling, funny and action-packed new LEGO Star Wars story told in three animated TV specials! Set in the “Prequel” Star Wars timeline, THE YODA CHRONICLES stars the one and only Yoda—the Jedi Master who has seen it all, done it all, and taught generations of Jedi Knights—in an all-new adventure. With the help of a fresh class of Padawans, Yoda leads the Jedi in a desperate fight to stop Darth Sidious and his minions from creating a new super-weapon that could crush the Republic and win the war for the forces of Evil.

RETURNING SERIES/SPECIALS

• Adventure Time

• Regular Show

• Annoying Orange

• MAD

• The Amazing World of Gumball

• The Looney Tunes Show

• Ben 10 Omniverse

• Dreamworks Dragons: Riders of Berk

• Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc.

• Johnny Test

• Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova

• Beyblade Metal Fury

• Almost Naked Animals

• Scaredy Squirrel

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
*le sigh*
Jan 28th 2013
Look when that how to train your dragon came on! It was a wrap
Jan 28th 2013
Fucking depressing.
Jan 28th 2013
i'm not surprised, or even upset.....Ben 10 WILL NOT DIE.
Jan 28th 2013
I'm upset, because now I see a future....
Jan 28th 2013
long as they wrap the current story up well, I'm not mad
Jan 28th 2013
Tumblr has some broken hearts out there....
Jan 28th 2013
i never got to see it on TV so i assumed it was a primetime show
Jan 28th 2013
Man, I thought this said "Justice League Canceled"
Jan 28th 2013
I don't know if it's really cancelled, but it might as well be.
Jan 28th 2013
I hope this isn't the case, it's a great show
Jan 28th 2013
I'll trade YJ for more Scooby Doo Mystery Inc tho
Jan 28th 2013
hwwwwaaaaaaaaaat? FFS
Jan 29th 2013
they pulled the same thing w/Batman the Brave & the Bold
Jan 29th 2013
this is some bullshit!!!
Jan 29th 2013
this AND ALPHAS???
Jan 29th 2013
the success of the video game HAS to keep Pokemon on the air
Jan 29th 2013
RE: Young Justice CANCELLED
Jan 29th 2013
Ultimate Spiderman is horribad
Jan 29th 2013
      I love that show
Jan 30th 2013
Yeah that sucks
Jan 30th 2013
this is the only non-primetime show I care about
Jan 30th 2013
No "Level Up"?
Jan 31st 2013
Dick's gonna fuck Jaime up.
Feb 18th 2013
That fucking Batglare said it all
Feb 18th 2013
RE: this show needs to be petitioned back
Feb 20th 2013
what an episode!!!
Mar 11th 2013
#6. Wrapped beautifully and set up more badass shit down the line.
Mar 21st 2013
RE: set up more badass shit down the line.
Mar 21st 2013
S1 added to Netflix
Apr 01st 2014
Yo, good look!
Apr 01st 2014
NIce!
Apr 01st 2014
you motherfucker
Apr 02nd 2014
I really slept hard on this show
Jul 15th 2015
yeah, i was blown away by this
Jul 15th 2015
      Season 2 is even better!
Jul 15th 2015
was never really into DC characters
Jul 15th 2015
I just finished another season 2 episode
Jul 15th 2015
This show is... like that?
Jul 16th 2015
yes is was VERY good
Jul 16th 2015
yup. unexpected awesomeness abounds.
Jul 17th 2015
Its better than youd expect at first glance
Jul 18th 2015
here's how I remember it
Jul 20th 2015
this poast made me go back to Batman Beyond again.
Jul 18th 2015
That's a show I only watched once or twice
Jul 21st 2015
It's back!, Season 3 in development.
Nov 07th 2016
whoa
Nov 07th 2016
What a time to be alive!!!!!
Nov 07th 2016
wtf?? that's awesome!
Nov 08th 2016
Nigga...i got excited when this POST was upped
Nov 08th 2016
yay!
Nov 08th 2016
I was about to catch a body for one more bullshit uppage
Nov 16th 2016

CyrenYoung
Charter member
34204 posts
Mon Jan-28-13 04:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "*le sigh*"
In response to Reply # 0

..i guess we should've known with the stagnant schedule and long layoffs

damn shame

-------
"..i was born a free man. nobody beat me accept i beat them right back..."

..and miles to go before i sleep...

Dae021
Member since Mar 12th 2003
39375 posts
Mon Jan-28-13 04:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Look when that how to train your dragon came on! It was a wrap"
In response to Reply # 1

That shit is way too grown and way too good to stay on CN.

They just don't value it.

Get out the room,
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/get-out-the-room/id525657893

Situation Podemy love

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpres

CaptNish
Member since Mar 09th 2004
14495 posts
Mon Jan-28-13 05:04 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Fucking depressing."
In response to Reply # 0

Though, I love me some TEEN TITANS GO! so I guess I got that going for me. But no amount of Prof Pyg is gonna get me hype for yet ANOTHER Batman cartoon. Ok... maybe a little.

Dammit though, this bums me out. YOUNG JUSTICE is so good. Better than it had any right to be seeing as they were focusing on those characters.

_
Yo! That’s My Jawn: The Podcast - Available Now!
http://linktr.ee/yothatsmyjawn

Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Mon Jan-28-13 05:22 PM

4. "i'm not surprised, or even upset.....Ben 10 WILL NOT DIE."
In response to Reply # 0

...anyone who liked YJ knew this was coming....

"yes, sometimes my rhymes are sexist, but you lovely bitches and hos should know i'm tryin to correct it"- hiphopopotamus

CaptNish
14495 posts
Mon Jan-28-13 05:24 PM

5. "I'm upset, because now I see a future...."
In response to Reply # 4

....where I have to explain my Robin costume to everyone. lol

_

lonesome_d
Charter member
30443 posts
Mon Jan-28-13 05:33 PM

6. "long as they wrap the current story up well, I'm not mad"
In response to Reply # 0

I agree that the show has been worlds beyond what I would have hoped or expected.

I wonder if part of the problem is that they're stiicking in DC Nation on Saturday mornings? Young Justice is NOT a Saturday morning cartoon. Sticking it on right before some pablum for little kids like Ninjago isn't going to get it to the right audience.

With any luck, they'll continue it further down the line the way this was a continuation of the canceled JLU. And maybe with cancellation looming the writers say screw it and try to pull some really crazy shit.

-------
so I'm in a band now:
album ---> http://greenwoodburns.bandcamp.com/releases
Soundcloud ---> http://soundcloud.com/greenwood-burns

my own stuff -->http://soundcloud.com/lonesomedstringband

avy by buckshot_defunct

CaptNish
14495 posts
Mon Jan-28-13 05:42 PM

7. "Tumblr has some broken hearts out there...."
In response to Reply # 6

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/young+justice

_

hardware
42304 posts
Mon Jan-28-13 06:42 PM

8. "i never got to see it on TV so i assumed it was a primetime show"
In response to Reply # 6

BennyTenStack
Member since Sep 09th 2007
5681 posts
Mon Jan-28-13 06:52 PM

9. "Man, I thought this said "Justice League Canceled""
In response to Reply # 0

I about dropped my laptop

Sleepy
Charter member
6947 posts
Mon Jan-28-13 07:37 PM

10. "I don't know if it's really cancelled, but it might as well be."
In response to Reply # 0

I've always thought that the DC Nation block was going to be used to rotate shows in and out. And quite honestly, it takes so long to create animated shows. I'm hoping they are off for the next season and will come back a little later.

But lets be honest. The branding of the DC Nation has always shown a variety of characters and styles even in the promos. I just always thought it would be replaced with a JL cartoon.

You're such pests...now, what is it you want? In your depths of your ignorance, what is it you want? Well, whatever it is you want, I can't deliver because I just don't see it. - Orson Welles

Never Tired, Always Sleepy

JiggysMyDayJob
Member since Jul 03rd 2002
5177 posts
Mon Jan-28-13 09:35 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
11. "I hope this isn't the case, it's a great show"
In response to Reply # 0

Saturday Mornings isn't the right time slot, too many adult themes. It would have been great on an afternoon Toonami schedule, but alas Toonami (the new version) is absolute ass.

I'd like to see it on Adult Swim and maybe up the action and adult themes.

I'm just going to keep hope alive that it won't be canceled.

sometimes u gotta leave ur inner nigger in the bank vault. - desus

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpress.com
itunes:https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249
facebook: facebook.com/situationpodemy
@SituationPodemy

Selah
Member since Jun 05th 2002
16484 posts
Mon Jan-28-13 11:52 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "I'll trade YJ for more Scooby Doo Mystery Inc tho"
In response to Reply # 0

and that GL show was a bit of a mess too

araQual
Charter member
42162 posts
Tue Jan-29-13 02:02 AM

13. "hwwwwaaaaaaaaaat? FFS"
In response to Reply # 0

YJ is crazy awesome. like, way more than i wouldve expected. introduced me to a whole slew of characters i either had no idea about or just wasnt interested in.

fuckballs. we waited months n months for its return n now this?

V.

---
http://confessionsofacurlymind.com
https://soundcloud.com/confessionsofacurlymindredux
https://soundcloud.com/generic80sbadguy
https://soundcloud.com/miles_matheson

DROkayplayer™

lonesome_d
Charter member
30443 posts
Tue Jan-29-13 10:40 AM

14. "they pulled the same thing w/Batman the Brave & the Bold"
In response to Reply # 13

it was off for like 6 months, then they played THE LAST THREE EPISODES.

At least they were all doozies.

-------
so I'm in a band now:

avy by buckshot_defunct

chi_soul
Member since Aug 18th 2002
2449 posts
Tue Jan-29-13 12:05 PM

15. "this is some bullshit!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

http://cdn.hiphopdx.com//images/audio/6-Sean_Price_304x304.jpg

Bruce Belafonte
Member since Jan 14th 2008
31999 posts
Tue Jan-29-13 01:33 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
16. "this AND ALPHAS???"
In response to Reply # 0

Ugh.

December 21st was the end. lol

j/k

jaywonder
Member since Jun 05th 2007
8431 posts
Tue Jan-29-13 05:25 PM

17. "the success of the video game HAS to keep Pokemon on the air"
In response to Reply # 0

that shit has been on for 17 years

http://boundless-expression.tumblr.com/

http://themichaeljacksonarchives.tumblr.com/

go mack
Member since May 02nd 2008
4020 posts
Tue Jan-29-13 08:10 PM

18. "RE: Young Justice CANCELLED"
In response to Reply # 0

Are Ultimate Spiderman and Avengers cartoon still airing on Disney XD? They weren't bad from what I saw but haven't seen either in a whle.

The new Batman cartoon doesn't sound all that interesting, CGI, villains that have seldom been used, ehh, I will give it a try tho since so far Bats has had great series. I really enjoyed the Brave and the Bold take.

hardware
42304 posts
Tue Jan-29-13 08:31 PM

19. "Ultimate Spiderman is horribad"
In response to Reply # 18

CaptNish
14495 posts
Wed Jan-30-13 10:14 AM

21. "I love that show"
In response to Reply # 19

It's a lot of fun. I just never really seek it out. If I catch it, I catch it.

_

Rockscissorspaper
Charter member
2042 posts
Wed Jan-30-13 09:50 AM

20. "Yeah that sucks"
In response to Reply # 0

-----------------------------

HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Grand_Royal
Charter member
33210 posts
Wed Jan-30-13 11:34 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IMClick to send message via ICQ
22. "this is the only non-primetime show I care about"
In response to Reply # 0

I'll watch The Avengers or Spider-Man on Disney XD but I wouldn't miss them

MME
Charter member
11940 posts
Thu Jan-31-13 12:51 PM

23. "No "Level Up"?"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I like that show.

CaptNish
14495 posts
Mon Feb-18-13 01:06 PM

24. "Dick's gonna fuck Jaime up."
In response to Reply # 0

On some Bruce "I know your weakness, bitch"

_

Biggamal
Member since Jun 21st 2011
614 posts
Mon Feb-18-13 02:07 PM

25. "That fucking Batglare said it all"
In response to Reply # 24

Well they used to call me Maf

aolhater
Member since Oct 14th 2002
1332 posts
Wed Feb-20-13 09:12 PM

26. "RE: this show needs to be petitioned back"
In response to Reply # 0

or picked up by another channel ..fo reals

*professional lurker*

jrocc
Charter member
6494 posts
Mon Mar-11-13 04:01 PM

27. "what an episode!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

truly amazing. so sad if this really doesn't come back.

the Green Lantern episodes have been pretty good as well.

lonesome_d
Charter member
30443 posts
Thu Mar-21-13 10:05 AM

28. "#6. Wrapped beautifully and set up more badass shit down the line."
In response to Reply # 0

Really liked the way they brought in the COIE climax at the end.

I didn't really care about the trial; it was just a means of explaining why Superman and co. weren't on Earth when the shit was going down with the Reach. (Though really, if the heroes knew that Earth was gettin' blown up, they woulda been like 'fuck this trial shit, I'm outta here...')

Ending though? "BUSINESS AS USUAL." Fuck yeah!

-------
so I'm in a band now:

avy by buckshot_defunct

CaptNish
14495 posts
Thu Mar-21-13 03:21 PM

29. "RE: set up more badass shit down the line."
In response to Reply # 28

That drove me nuts because my brain started doing "man, what could've been..."

This was an amazing show. I'm truly gonna miss it.

_

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Tue Apr-01-14 08:38 PM

30. "S1 added to Netflix"
In response to Reply # 0

Missed this show when it was on. Wow, I slept.

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

CaptNish
14495 posts
Tue Apr-01-14 08:43 PM

31. "Yo, good look!"
In response to Reply # 30

Can't wait to rewatch it. And yeah, this show is amazing.

_

JiggysMyDayJob
Member since Jul 03rd 2002
5177 posts
Tue Apr-01-14 10:19 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
32. "NIce!"

I sporadically watched this show when it was on CN and missed a lot between season 1 and 2, so it will be great to catch it all.

Marathon weekend here I come

sometimes u gotta leave ur inner nigger in the bank vault. - desus

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpress.com
itunes:https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249
facebook: facebook.com/situationpodemy
@SituationPodemy

Beamer6178
Member since Jan 09th 2006
6379 posts
Wed Apr-02-14 03:22 PM

33. "you motherfucker"

>Missed this show when it was on. Wow, I slept.

our netflix trial period ends in under a week and i was totally convinced we didn't need it right now.

i'm wayyyy too busy to be watching some damn young justice.....

*cues the shit up*

13Rose
Charter member
19379 posts
Wed Jul-15-15 09:22 AM

34. "I really slept hard on this show"
In response to Reply # 0

I didn't have cable when it was airing originally but I caught season 1 on Netflix. The show is amazing. It's my second favorite comic book cartoon after Batman TAS and replacing X-Men. I loved X-Men but I've never been pulled into characters I know next to nothing about like this. I'm watching season 2 now and every episode just ups the ante. Shit is just crazy. I'm frantically looking for comic books and other ways to satisfy my cravings once the show is over. I need to keep this storyline popping. I'm a big Nightwing fan and I love how he's portrayed on this show.

DC rules the animated arena.

This post was paid for by the following.

www.twitter.com/13Rose
www.debunkthemyth.org
http://dashaunworld.wordpress.com/
www.mothergreen.com

Remember MJ The Great!
PSN: ThirteenRose

howisya
Member since Nov 09th 2002
39983 posts
Wed Jul-15-15 09:38 AM

35. "yeah, i was blown away by this"
In response to Reply # 34
Wed Jul-15-15 09:38 AM by howisya

i somehow got it confused with teen titans so i never watched it until earlier this year, and it is just action packed and with a good story and character development. no wonder jay oliva directs DCAU movies now. that guy could do anything, even live action with a sense like that. i still need to watch season 2 but plan to do so soon enough.

13Rose
Charter member
19379 posts
Wed Jul-15-15 10:24 AM

36. "Season 2 is even better!"
In response to Reply # 35

Since I started season 2 I take any free time I have to watch an episode. The story is just THAT good.

www.twitter.com/13Rose
www.debunkthemyth.org
www.mothergreen.com

Remember MJ The Great!

Options
Member since Nov 19th 2009
1013 posts
Wed Jul-15-15 10:54 AM

37. "was never really into DC characters"
In response to Reply # 0

but I'm reading too much glowing praise to not give this show a try.

13Rose
Charter member
19379 posts
Wed Jul-15-15 10:57 PM

38. "I just finished another season 2 episode"
In response to Reply # 0

There is NO WAY this should have been a Saturday morning cartoon. I just watched a woman get pounded into a wall OVER and OVER again, just for living. Never seen anything like that on a cartoon. Can't believe this was cancelled.

www.twitter.com/13Rose
www.debunkthemyth.org
www.mothergreen.com

Remember MJ The Great!

phenompyrus
Charter member
9367 posts
Thu Jul-16-15 08:02 AM

39. "This show is... like that?"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice praise, I'll have to check this out.

http://twitter.com/phenompyrus

Get Out the Room
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/get-out-the-room/id525657893

jrocc
Charter member
6494 posts
Thu Jul-16-15 02:03 PM

40. "yes is was VERY good"
In response to Reply # 39

shame it got cancelled

araQual
Charter member
42162 posts
Fri Jul-17-15 11:01 PM

41. "yup. unexpected awesomeness abounds."

V.

---

DROkayplayer™

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85051 posts
Sat Jul-18-15 02:07 PM

42. "Its better than youd expect at first glance"

But not as good as folks act like it is.

Solid show.

<--- Big Baller World Order

BrillRick
Member since Jan 05th 2005
2479 posts
Mon Jul-20-15 07:33 PM

44. "here's how I remember it"

I remember thinking the first season was bad, I thought many of the characters were so annoying and the season long storyline was dumb.
I remember being really upset because the showrunner Greg Weisman had just done The Spectular Spider-man which was an awesome show to do this rather plodding mess.

...then they did the time skip.

The change in tone did wonders for the show, the characters were better, more believable. the dynamics between them were more interesting, the conspiracy was great. I actually wanted the series to continue. All the boring stuff in the first season was actually setup for interesting stuff in the second season. I feel that the first season was so damaging that it made people not come back.

Spectacular spider-man is better though...You all need to watch that.

twitter: lategordon

Check out my podcast Long and Late Movie Show: http://itunes.com/podcast?id=498789655

araQual
Charter member
42162 posts
Sat Jul-18-15 02:21 PM

43. "this poast made me go back to Batman Beyond again."
In response to Reply # 0

now THAT shit is the bomb.
and has aged supremely well.
not to mention ROTJ, one of the best batflicks ever.
should've lasted more than 3 seasons.

V.

---

DROkayplayer™

13Rose
Charter member
19379 posts
Tue Jul-21-15 09:33 AM

45. "That's a show I only watched once or twice"
In response to Reply # 43

I'm gonna check it out.

www.twitter.com/13Rose
www.debunkthemyth.org
www.mothergreen.com

Remember MJ The Great!

BrillRick
Member since Jan 05th 2005
2479 posts
Mon Nov-07-16 06:11 PM

46. "It's back!, Season 3 in development."
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/07/young-justice-returning-for-season-3

YOUNG JUSTICE RETURNING FOR SEASON 3

Young Justice fans, it's time to celebrate, as Warner Bros. Animation has announced the series is returning for a long hoped-for Season 3.

WB Animation notes that more details, including where the new episodes will air and a premiere date, will be revealed later, but production is now beginning on the third season, which promises “new twists, turns and dangerous new threats for the team, but most importantly, the opportunity for fans to finally continue the adventures of some of their favorite Super Heroes.”

“The affection that fans have had for Young Justice, and their rallying cry for more episodes, has always resonated with us,” said Sam Register, President, Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Digital Series, in a statement. "We are excited to bring the show back for this loyal fanbase and to provide an opportunity for new viewers to discover this excellent series.”

Original Young Justice producers Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood, Superman: Doomsday) and Greg Weisman (Star Wars Rebels, Gargoyles, The Spectacular Spider-Man) have both returned to the series for the new episodes.

Centered on young DC Comics heroes like Robin, Superboy, Aqualad, Artemis, Kid Flash and Miss Martian, Young Justice’s first two seasons aired from 2011 until 2013 on Cartoon Network. Despite critical acclaim and a passionate core fanbase, the series was cancelled – with Weisman eventually confirming reports that disappointing sales for tie-in Young Justice toys (expected to be a major part of probability for the series) were a major factor in the decision. In the years since Young Justice ended – and with its availability on Netflix still gaining it new viewers - many fans have noted how much they’d like to see it return, with Weisman often echoing their sentiments on Twitter.

Warner Bros. Animation’s official synopsis reads, “In Young Justice, the teenage Super Heroes of the DC Universe come of age in a world of super powers, Super-Villains and super secrets. Used strategically as the secret covert weapon of the Justice League, Nightwing, Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and a host of others strive to prove to their legendary mentors, as well as to themselves, that they have what it takes to be heroes.”

twitter: lategordon

Check out my podcast Long and Late Movie Show: http://itunes.com/podcast?id=498789655

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85051 posts
Mon Nov-07-16 07:58 PM

47. "whoa"
In response to Reply # 46

<--- Big Baller World Order

13Rose
Charter member
19379 posts
Mon Nov-07-16 08:51 PM

48. "What a time to be alive!!!!!"

Oh happy days!

www.twitter.com/13Rose
www.debunkthemyth.org
www.mothergreen.com

Remember MJ The Great!

araQual
Charter member
42162 posts
Tue Nov-08-16 01:09 AM

49. "wtf?? that's awesome!"

V.

---

DROkayplayer™

DVS
Member since Sep 13th 2002
19730 posts
Tue Nov-08-16 09:07 AM

50. "Nigga...i got excited when this POST was upped"

hell yes I'm in.

D

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Waldorf and Statler Vol 4:CONAN IS OUT NOW!!!: http://waldorfandstatler.bandcamp.com

and don't forget to check "DVS 4 ALDERMAN"

http://windimoto.bandcamp.com/album/dvs-4-alderman-bandcamp-exclusive-expanded-editio

lfresh
Member since Jun 18th 2002
92696 posts
Tue Nov-08-16 04:36 PM

51. "yay!"

~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.

Beamer6178
Member since Jan 09th 2006
6379 posts
Wed Nov-16-16 03:44 PM

52. "I was about to catch a body for one more bullshit uppage"

and then I saw this.....

I almost can't believe television justice being played out!

THIS is how you make america great again

>http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/07/young-justice-returning-for-season-3
>
>YOUNG JUSTICE RETURNING FOR SEASON 3
>
>Young Justice fans, it's time to celebrate, as Warner Bros.
>Animation has announced the series is returning for a long
>hoped-for Season 3.
>
>WB Animation notes that more details, including where the new
>episodes will air and a premiere date, will be revealed later,
>but production is now beginning on the third season, which
>promises “new twists, turns and dangerous new threats for
>the team, but most importantly, the opportunity for fans to
>finally continue the adventures of some of their favorite
>Super Heroes.”
>
>
>“The affection that fans have had for Young Justice, and
>their rallying cry for more episodes, has always resonated
>with us,” said Sam Register, President, Warner Bros.
>Animation and Warner Digital Series, in a statement. "We are
>excited to bring the show back for this loyal fanbase and to
>provide an opportunity for new viewers to discover this
>excellent series.”
>
>Original Young Justice producers Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under
>the Red Hood, Superman: Doomsday) and Greg Weisman (Star Wars
>Rebels, Gargoyles, The Spectacular Spider-Man) have both
>returned to the series for the new episodes.
>
>Centered on young DC Comics heroes like Robin, Superboy,
>Aqualad, Artemis, Kid Flash and Miss Martian, Young
>Justice’s first two seasons aired from 2011 until 2013 on
>Cartoon Network. Despite critical acclaim and a passionate
>core fanbase, the series was cancelled – with Weisman
>eventually confirming reports that disappointing sales for
>tie-in Young Justice toys (expected to be a major part of
>probability for the series) were a major factor in the
>decision. In the years since Young Justice ended – and with
>its availability on Netflix still gaining it new viewers -
>many fans have noted how much they’d like to see it return,
>with Weisman often echoing their sentiments on Twitter.
>
>
>Warner Bros. Animation’s official synopsis reads, “In
>Young Justice, the teenage Super Heroes of the DC Universe
>come of age in a world of super powers, Super-Villains and
>super secrets. Used strategically as the secret covert weapon
>of the Justice League, Nightwing, Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash,
>Superboy, Miss Martian and a host of others strive to prove to
>their legendary mentors, as well as to themselves, that they
>have what it takes to be heroes.”

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #638810 Previous topic | Next topic