Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #532446

Subject: "Why do they keep putting Jennifer Aniston in movies?" Previous topic | Next topic
nipsey
Charter member
9924 posts
Mon Aug-23-10 10:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Why do they keep putting Jennifer Aniston in movies?"

She sux. Her movies suck. And they flop unless there's a male lead who can carry the film. I'm not a fan of Bill Simmons, but for some reason he talked about how crappy she is in his most recent article and I tend to agree. What say you? Why are Hollywood producers insistent on casting her in movies?

Her crappy box office record:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?view=Actor&id=jenniferaniston.htm

Bill Simmons' take:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4676315/sports-guy-shaq-theories

Chewed-On Theory No. 3: "Why can't Jennifer Aniston find a man?"

On the surface, this has nothing to do with sports. Just bear with me. Aniston became an A-list star thanks to "Friends." When the show folded in 2004, unlike everyone else on the cast, she managed to remain an A-List star despite making the following movies.

"Along Came Polly" (2004): Atrocious.

"Derailed" (2005): Especially painful because Aniston tried to be sexy and mysterious in it.

"Rumor Has It" (2005): Even my wife hasn't seen this one.

"Friends With Money" (2006): Overrated indie film, but she's good in it.

"The Break-Up" (2006): Did well because Vince Vaughn was red-hot at the time. Watchable once. Unwatchable a second time. Gets points for using Chicago nicely.

EnlargeJennifer Aniston
James Devaney/Wire ImageMaybe it's all part of Jennifer Aniston's master plan to remain single.

"Management" (2008): Was this even released?

"Marley & Me" (2008): Her biggest triumph. Although they could have made this movie with Betty White playing Owen Wilson's wife and it still would have made $100 million.

"He's Just Not That Into You" (2009): My wife's review: "This was an affront to all women."

"Love Happens" (2009): Bombed. By the way, one of the five worst titles ever.

"The Bounty Hunter" (2010): More carnage.

"The Switch" (2010): Released today, although it looks so impossibly bad that "Arrested Development" fans are thinking about rioting outside Jason Bateman's house.

That's seven years, 11 movies, eight clunkers, one above-average (for her) performance and only two solid box-office successes. Two for 11? Certainly nothing to put her on par with Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts or Reese Witherspoon. The other "Friends" stars faded into B- and C-list obscurity (or in Matt LeBlanc's case, F-list), so why didn't she?

The short answer: Because of the Angelina/Brad/Jennifer love triangle, which is like Brett Favre's comeback/retirement/comeback routine multiplied by 10, but has been cruising along for twice as long. The saga evolved in various forms: the betrayal itself; the aftermath, when Aniston licked her wounds as "Brangelina" took off; her futile search for a bounce-back boyfriend; the Brangelina clan expanding; everyone feeling worse and worse for Aniston, with her finally admitting that she was still bummed out; the Brangelina clan expanding again; Aniston's weird dalliance with the much younger John Mayer, which ended when he talked out of school about her; the Brangelina clan expanding again; Aniston approaching her 40th birthday and wanting a baby; the Brangelina clan producing twins; Aniston hitting 40 with no baby or husband; Aniston passing 40 with no baby or husband; and now we're here.

People can't get enough of this stuff. Us Weekly throws Aniston on its cover every few weeks -- and if they can work Angelina into the split-cover, even better -- just because Aniston resonates with women like no other celebrity. No matter how wealthy or famous or good-looking she is, the nuts and bolts of Aniston's "tragic" story could have happened to anyone: She lost her scummy husband to a seductive co-worker. Maybe it was the worst thing that ever happened to her personally, but professionally? Godsend. She became America's adorable little victim for seven years until Bullock finally pushed her aside. People don't read Us Weekly to see pictures of happily married couples. They read for drama. Tragedy. Betrayal. Acrimony. They read to see someone's life spinning out of control, or to compare two people wearing the same dress, or to see someone taking out the garbage who's "just like us."

Aniston's life resonates with that demographic better than anyone. Now she's 41, still hunting for a man, her ovaries rumbling like Earl Campbell, but we're all a little confused because … I mean, how could Jennifer Aniston, of all people, not find a man? How could someone that attractive need a friend to set her up on dates? What the hell is going on here? Is she secretly super-annoying? Is she terrible in bed? Does she have bad breath or bad hygiene? Are her standards simply too high? Does she still pine for Pitt and any potential mate can sense it?

You're not going to believe this, but I have a theory …

I think it's all a farce. I think she gravitates toward guys who could never be a potential husband (seriously, John Mayer?) and FWBs (friends with benefits) over actually finding herself the right match. And here's why: The longer this drags on, the longer she stays on the A list. Staying single, ending up with the wrong guys, pining for a baby but never having one … career move, career move, career move. Keeps her on magazine covers. Keeps people saying "I feel bad for Aniston, Brangelina really screwed her over; her life's never been the same." Keeps a built-in publicity buzz for every crappy movie she promotes. Really, it's genius.

Swinging this around to sports (and thank God, you were getting nervous): The Aniston dynamic resembles a great athlete who couldn't win a ring in his prime, but now time is running out and he only has a couple more chances. In sports, we love when this happens! I don't remember the intimate details of Joe Montana's last few seasons (or Isiah Thomas, Scottie Pippen, Keith Hernandez, whomever), but I remember everything about Karl Malone's last few seasons. And Barkley. And Elway. And Marino. And Elgin Baylor. And Ray Bourque. And Gary Payton. And now, LaDainian Tomlinson and Steve Nash. The last stage of their careers became compelling simply because they wanted a ring and we wanted them to win one.

Aniston transferred that same dynamic to the Hollywood world. Say she remarried in 2006 to one of those Rande Gerber-type rich guys who owns cool bars that are in hip hotels. And let's say they had a kid in 2008. And another one this year. By 2010, would anyone care about Jennifer Aniston? NO!!!!!!!! Only if she was making good movies. Which, obviously, she doesn't want to do. She's happy being a likable celebrity with decent comic timing who plays herself in every movie (with only her hairstyle and co-star changing). I think that's intentional, too. She could have taken more acting chances -- remember how good she was in "Office Space," or as the sexually frustrated wife in "She's The One" -- but seems much more interested in protecting her brand. You can't differentiate between Aniston when she's being interviewed, acting in a movie or staring at you on a magazine cover anymore. It's all the same. That's the way she wants it.

I say she's much smarter than we think. Unlike with sports, she knows it's better for her career if she never gets that ring. She will continue dating co-stars, bad-boy musicians and people with lousy hair for the foreseeable future. You watch. So feel sorry for Steve Nash, but don't feel sorry for Jennifer Aniston. She's laughing all the way to the bank.

XBOX Live Gamertag: slballer

Last 3 movies I saw:

Law Abiding Citizen: F-
Pandorum: C
Next Day Air: D-

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
she's a good actress who's terrible at picking movies
Aug 23rd 2010
But can you blame her agent?
Aug 23rd 2010
      that'd be my prescription as well
Aug 25th 2010
I liked The Good Girl
Aug 24th 2010
This is probably her best evidence of being an actress
Aug 24th 2010
that's alot to type on jennifer aniston
Aug 24th 2010
that's Bill Simpin for ya
Aug 24th 2010
sounds joint induced to me.
Aug 25th 2010
What about her in ''Office Space'' was significantly better....
Aug 24th 2010
She actually had decent film selection when Firneds was still on
Aug 24th 2010
That's because she wasn't in it that much.
Aug 26th 2010
I liked her in Derailed, otherwise she always plays the same character
Aug 24th 2010
Derailed? She failed. SportsGuy nailed that one.
Aug 24th 2010
Dewailwud(c)RZA on the press junket promoting it
Aug 24th 2010
LOL at him just figuring this out.
Aug 24th 2010
I just saw "The Break Up" for the first time last night...
Aug 24th 2010
supremely talented? are you fucking serious? come on.
Aug 24th 2010
You're splitting hairs doggy.
Aug 24th 2010
she definitely looks supremely talented in that naked hallway scene
Aug 26th 2010
She seemed better when she was in Indy films.
Aug 24th 2010
another case of a negative public persona trumping talent.
Aug 24th 2010
lofl & daps
Aug 25th 2010
this is funny
Aug 24th 2010
she better not have a baby now..
Aug 24th 2010
Here's a story from her acting conservatory coach:
Aug 24th 2010
Jennifer Aniston=Gabrielle Union
Aug 24th 2010
There's another difference:
Aug 24th 2010
      DING!
Aug 24th 2010
      nicely done.
Aug 25th 2010
Because she's incredibly attractive and was on Friends
Aug 24th 2010
I may be an asshole but....
Aug 25th 2010
haha, woman puts her career first instead of family
Aug 26th 2010
      If you want to put it like that, sure
Aug 26th 2010
because she was married to brad pitt
Aug 25th 2010
She is actually an actress
Aug 25th 2010
those star vehicles for her pay $$$$$$$$
Aug 25th 2010
the box office numbers given are misleading
Aug 26th 2010
I don't see how anyone could've expected the bounty hunter to make $
Aug 26th 2010
Along Came Polly gets a pass for me
Aug 26th 2010
PSH was killin it out on the court too
Aug 26th 2010
      RAINMAN!!
Aug 26th 2010
Doesn't she own a production company?
Aug 26th 2010
she's Meg Ryan 2.0 + who cares?
Aug 26th 2010
She's pretty
Aug 26th 2010

theprofessional
Charter member
8761 posts
Mon Aug-23-10 11:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "she's a good actress who's terrible at picking movies"
In response to Reply # 0

most of the movies she's been in would have sucked/flopped with or without her. just a lot of extraordinarily uninteresting work. she needs new management and a new strategy.

"i smack clowns with nouns, punch herbs with verbs..."

nipsey
Charter member
9924 posts
Mon Aug-23-10 11:36 PM

2. "But can you blame her agent?"
In response to Reply # 1

Almost twenty years in the game. It might be because of her. When you start off, you defer to your agent a lot, but after all these years, she's the one who says yes in the end. She needs to stop trying to be a star and headline movies and start settling for fourth billing in QUALITY ensemble pieces that are NOT rom-coms.

XBOX Live Gamertag: slballer

Last 3 movies I saw:

Law Abiding Citizen: F-
Pandorum: C
Next Day Air: D-

theprofessional
Charter member
8761 posts
Wed Aug-25-10 08:59 AM

25. "that'd be my prescription as well"
In response to Reply # 2

>She needs to stop trying to be a star and headline movies and
>start settling for fourth billing in QUALITY ensemble pieces
>that are NOT rom-coms.

of course she'd be lowering her salary by about 90%, but how much money does a person need?

"i smack clowns with nouns, punch herbs with verbs..."

Big Chief Rumbletummy
Member since Jan 31st 2006
2005 posts
Tue Aug-24-10 12:00 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "I liked The Good Girl"
In response to Reply # 0

©

When the Chief is in the house...ohmigod

zuma1986
Member since Dec 18th 2006
9085 posts
Tue Aug-24-10 08:20 PM

19. "This is probably her best evidence of being an actress"
In response to Reply # 3

legitimately. Office Space is the only other film I think I can say I enjoyed her in, as oppose to "Well, at least she wasn't terrible or annoying in that".

Mynoriti
Charter member
38815 posts
Tue Aug-24-10 01:12 AM

4. "that's alot to type on jennifer aniston"
In response to Reply # 0

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Tue Aug-24-10 10:19 AM

10. "that's Bill Simpin for ya"
In response to Reply # 4

Leamas
Member since Dec 25th 2004
1851 posts
Wed Aug-25-10 01:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
31. "sounds joint induced to me."
In response to Reply # 4

long winded.

--------------------------------------------
It must be the Kung Pau chicken. George likes his chicken spicy.

Ishwip
Member since Jun 10th 2005
19953 posts
Tue Aug-24-10 09:00 AM

5. "What about her in ''Office Space'' was significantly better...."
In response to Reply # 0

....than the other movies she's been in? Not talking about the quality of the movie overall, just her performance.

__
I don't like the beat anymore because its just a loop. ALC didn't FLIP IT ENOUGH!

Flip it enough? Flip these. Flip off. Go flip some f*cking burgers.(c)Kno

Allied State of the National Electric Beat Treaty Organization (NEBTO)

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Tue Aug-24-10 09:06 AM

6. "She actually had decent film selection when Firneds was still on"
In response to Reply # 5

but it's been awful since she has dedicated herself full time to movies.

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

Valium
Member since Oct 26th 2009
4993 posts
Thu Aug-26-10 05:26 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
44. "That's because she wasn't in it that much."
In response to Reply # 5

say 'YEAH'!!!!!

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Tue Aug-24-10 09:21 AM

7. "I liked her in Derailed, otherwise she always plays the same character"
In response to Reply # 0

but in fairness her acting was fine in Marley and Me...

still... anyone who thought Love Happens or the Bounty Hunter wouldnt suck are morons

www.twitter.com/spa_the_god

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Tue Aug-24-10 10:55 AM

11. "Derailed? She failed. SportsGuy nailed that one."
In response to Reply # 7

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Aug-24-10 12:01 PM

13. "Dewailwud(c)RZA on the press junket promoting it"
In response to Reply # 7

https://soundcloud.com/matt-koelling-666011203

www.somethinginthewudder.com

https://twitter.com/nostrabombus

https://www.facebook.com/matt.koelling.96

https://www.instagram.com/something_in_the_wudder/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/matt-koelling-438a80

Castro
Charter member
50745 posts
Tue Aug-24-10 09:26 AM

8. "LOL at him just figuring this out."
In response to Reply # 0

------------------
One Hundred.

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Tue Aug-24-10 09:43 AM

9. "I just saw "The Break Up" for the first time last night..."
In response to Reply # 0

and I think it's just that she's comfortable with her niche, and who she is. She's never going to be in the pantheon of great actresses (despite displaying the potential to do so), but she doesn't want to be.

She's like the Rasheed Wallace of acting; supremely talented with the tools to be great, but no desire to be top dog and would prefer to stick with what he (she) knows.

spawn2k
Charter member
6453 posts
Tue Aug-24-10 11:46 AM

12. "supremely talented? are you fucking serious? come on."
In response to Reply # 9

she's an ok actress who is in shitty movies consistently, end of story.

men are so simple, and so subject to present necessities, that he who seeks to deceive will always find someone who will allow himself to be deceived. (c)Niccolò Machiavelli

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Tue Aug-24-10 02:08 PM

17. "You're splitting hairs doggy."
In response to Reply # 12

And that was more descriptive of Sheed than her, but even "very talented" would have worked.

Whether or not you like her or her movies, she plays her one character *very* well.

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Thu Aug-26-10 11:59 AM

37. "she definitely looks supremely talented in that naked hallway scene"
In response to Reply # 9

another L for Aniston though still there, just show the titties in full!

DawgEatah
Charter member
49225 posts
Tue Aug-24-10 12:10 PM

14. "She seemed better when she was in Indy films."
In response to Reply # 0

Office Space. The Good Girl. She's the One.

I probably say that though because I actually saw those movies and refuse to see her more recent string of cheesy romcoms.

Maybe she should go back to doing indy films.
Or at least keep a better balance between her mainstream films and indy films.

*shrugs*

I don't know.
I don't really care either. lol

http://i46.tinypic.com/2zow18o.jpg
http://flavors.me/balisong
http://www.myspace.com/insightclopediabrown
http://www.myspace.com/dumhi
http://www.youtube.com/group/okayplayer

Basaglia
Member since Nov 30th 2004
49463 posts
Tue Aug-24-10 12:37 PM

15. "another case of a negative public persona trumping talent. "
In response to Reply # 0

this is like asking why cameron diaz still makes movies and can't keep a man. or kate hudson. or jessica biel (after justin dumps her every 6th month). or drew barrymore. all them bitches are BORING, semi-talented cum catchers, too...and i don't see your or the tabloids letting their love lives fuck up their box office appeal.

fuck outta here, man. nothing worse than latching onto a movement you ain't give a shit about until your lil cultural antennae caught a signal. there's nothing wrong with that lady. she got dumped by a vapid pretty boy for an emotionally damaged, amazingly attractive seductress. her fault? um, not really. she gonna lose that battle 10 outta 10. no matter what she does, that's her story now. she's the chick who got dumped by the hot guy for the way way way hotter girl, and all the shitty columnists and bloggers that lift her up and pull her down week after week just want her to settle down with another hot male actor and have his kid, so they can keep up this lame ass storyline with a fresh ass character and plot twist.

i don't root for jen aniston and i damn sure don't root against her. she bothers me as much as this newfound skin tag on my ball sac does. she vanilla. her movies are vanilla. and her potential fanbase is a big fuckin vat of vanilla chicks who done turned their back on her like a buncha high schoolers who turned on the cute cheerleader after the hot fucked up drama girl stole the QB.

this is "white people" shit. even white people know "white people" shit when they see it.

Steph: I was just fooling about

Kyrie: I wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU_yE

astralblak
Member since Apr 05th 2007
20029 posts
Wed Aug-25-10 07:22 PM

32. "lofl & daps "
In response to Reply # 15

Okp tends to lose its dynamic original critical personality for periods of time, but ur response was yet again a reason why I always come back to these boards.

janey
Charter member
123124 posts
Tue Aug-24-10 12:56 PM

16. "this is funny"
In response to Reply # 0

--- They read to see someone's life spinning out of control, or to compare two people wearing the same dress, or to see someone taking out the garbage who's "just like us."

I received a free subscription to Us Weekly a year or two ago and after about 3 issues, I contacted them and asked them to stop sending it to me. It was EXACTLY as described above, and there was so much bitterness and schadenfreude and this kind of gleeful wallowing in the one bad snap of a well-known celebrity, it just grossed me out.

~ ~ ~
All meetings end in separation
All acquisition ends in dispersion
All life ends in death
- The Buddha

|\_/|
='_'=

He that runs against Time has an antagonist not subject to casualties

jswerve386
Member since Jun 25th 2007
8979 posts
Tue Aug-24-10 05:34 PM

18. "she better not have a baby now.."
In response to Reply # 0

its gonna look like greg oden in the face.

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86670 posts
Tue Aug-24-10 08:48 PM

20. "Here's a story from her acting conservatory coach:"
In response to Reply # 0

At the FAME school, there was only one actress out of all of the famous people there that could ever do Chekhov right-- and that was Jennifer Aniston. She could capture the tragedy AND the comedy unlike any other actress that went through there.

Then, she got friends. Then, the famous boyfriends started. Then, the cash grabs for leading roles in movies.

She went for fame instead of art. C'est la vie. The only problem is, now, if she decided to do The Seagull in NYC, even though she still has the talent to do it, no one would buy it because she's "Jennifer Aniston" (c). She's now a product with a public perception.

But she has talent. And if she wanted to stretch out of what the public always sees her as, she could be great. But she's an aging actress who's trying to stay getting lead roles in films, which means taking things you can get and paychecks that are large when they appear.

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

rorschach
Member since Nov 10th 2004
7723 posts
Tue Aug-24-10 10:25 PM

21. "Jennifer Aniston=Gabrielle Union"
In response to Reply # 0

only difference is one's black and the other is white.

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86670 posts
Tue Aug-24-10 10:38 PM

22. "There's another difference:"
In response to Reply # 21

>only difference is one's black and the other is white.

One is hot and the other is Jennifer Aniston.

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

rorschach
Member since Nov 10th 2004
7723 posts
Tue Aug-24-10 10:40 PM

23. "DING!"
In response to Reply # 22

that's true.

---------------------------------------
The OKP® King of the Late Pass™

facebook.com/lamont.dozier
---------------------------------------

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44257 posts
Wed Aug-25-10 09:39 AM

26. "nicely done."
In response to Reply # 22

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

BennyTenStack
Member since Sep 09th 2007
5681 posts
Tue Aug-24-10 11:25 PM

24. "Because she's incredibly attractive and was on Friends"
In response to Reply # 0

spades
44257 posts
Wed Aug-25-10 09:44 AM

27. "I may be an asshole but...."
In response to Reply # 0

I NEVER felt bad for Aniston. I recall early interviews of Brad and Aniston - they seemed happy, but I remember them both talking about how much they wanted to have kids, especially Brad. To tell the truth he seemed sorta bent outta shape over it.

Then her movie career took off and she decided to 'post-pone' having a child. Remember all those "I'll have your baby, Brad" T-Shirts?

Then he left her for a woman who shared his life-goals. That's just regular relationship shit.

You could build a case that she betrayed Brad. He went into the relationship under the impression that they both wanted to have children, she flipped the script on him after she got the ring and so being Brad Pitt, he realized he had options and bounced for one of them.

Or, in the immortal words of Weezy F. Baby

Don't you.
Ever.
Get too.

Commmmmmfortaaablleeeeeeee!

Get Out The Room!
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

k_orr
Charter member
80197 posts
Thu Aug-26-10 07:26 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
33. "haha, woman puts her career first instead of family"
In response to Reply # 27

man leaves.

one
k. orr

spades
44257 posts
Thu Aug-26-10 01:52 PM

41. "If you want to put it like that, sure"
In response to Reply # 33

I prefer to look at it like this.

They both had expectation in the relationship and therefore got into under those expectations. They got married which points to the point that they felt they could both meet each other's expectations. Then, suddenly, she no longer could meet his expectations.

Now he could have stayed, but I don't really think you can fault him for not.

Get Out The Room!
@fakewilliamkatt

lfresh
Member since Jun 18th 2002
92696 posts
Wed Aug-25-10 09:44 AM

28. "because she was married to brad pitt"
In response to Reply # 0

i think if i licked brad pitt
i could get a leading role in a movie
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.

Shelly
Charter member
15886 posts
Wed Aug-25-10 10:26 AM

29. "She is actually an actress"
In response to Reply # 0

versus a reality start trying to act. She can act she just keep playing the same ass character. I think she should stick to ensemble movies instead of trying to carrying one on her own.

Shit happens

Castro
Charter member
50745 posts
Wed Aug-25-10 01:15 PM

30. "those star vehicles for her pay $$$$$$$$"
In response to Reply # 29

------------------
One Hundred.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49394 posts
Thu Aug-26-10 08:50 AM

34. "the box office numbers given are misleading"
In response to Reply # 0

It's hard to compare the bounty hunter with the good girl. I don't think anyone expected the good girl to make money.

I think the girl is a solid actress but I am one of the few people that thought the break-up was a really good movie (hit really close to home).

a licky boom boom down

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Thu Aug-26-10 11:24 AM

35. "I don't see how anyone could've expected the bounty hunter to make $"
In response to Reply # 34

>It's hard to compare the bounty hunter with the good girl. I
>don't think anyone expected the good girl to make money.
>
>I think the girl is a solid actress but I am one of the few
>people that thought the break-up was a really good movie (hit
>really close to home).

That it did. I warned my girl at the time that I had a feeling if we watched it we'd be done shortly after. Sure enough that was the case. I have a tough time calling it a really good movie though just because I felt the pacing between the comedic & sentimental moments could've been better.

go mack
Member since May 02nd 2008
4020 posts
Thu Aug-26-10 11:56 AM

36. "Along Came Polly gets a pass for me"
In response to Reply # 0

mostly for PSH's performance. The shart line had me rolling

Stiller had some funny moments as well. Not a great movie, but enjoyed it as I was watching

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Thu Aug-26-10 12:22 PM

38. "PSH was killin it out on the court too"
In response to Reply # 36

>mostly for PSH's performance. The shart line had me rolling

YaBoy...Holla@ME
Member since Mar 10th 2005
3164 posts
Thu Aug-26-10 03:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
42. "RAINMAN!!"
In response to Reply # 38

nm

Avy: Tyrion disrespects King Joffrey yet again

"If your life consists of NO drankin, NO drugs, NO loose booty, NO fatty foods, NO additives, NO preservatives, AND no waings.......then what the fuck you wanna live so long for, boring ass n****?" - Tay

WaxLablTabler
Charter member
16329 posts
Thu Aug-26-10 01:25 PM

39. "Doesn't she own a production company?"
In response to Reply # 0

be Good.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2n8vg29.png
(by a guy named Wes Whaley http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturepicturegalleries/8779317/Light-paintings-by-Wes-Whaley.html )

celery77
Member since Aug 04th 2005
25307 posts
Thu Aug-26-10 01:49 PM

40. "she's Meg Ryan 2.0 + who cares?"
In response to Reply # 0

if you don't like them, don't watch them. somehow she still has a media profile despite all that.

personally, I don't really care for any of Kevin Costner's films, and you know how I handle that? I don't watch them, and that's it.

HOPE!
https://vine.co/v/i7JjIBL3Qix
https://vine.co/v/i7JtqEFwxDu

handle
Charter member
18942 posts
Thu Aug-26-10 03:44 PM

43. "She's pretty"
In response to Reply # 0

She's really, really pretty.

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #532446 Previous topic | Next topic