Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #476935

Subject: "Why would someone* be watching Melrose Place" Previous topic | Next topic
Ceej
Member since Feb 16th 2006
66741 posts
Tue Sep-22-09 11:29 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Why would someone* be watching Melrose Place"

Ashlee Simpson has to be the worst person on TV who is getting paid to act, she is not even worthy of the title of working actress. Shit is not that good but reels you right in, FML.

*by someone I DONT mean me.

http://i.imgur.com/vPqCzVU.jpg

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Mission accomplished
Sep 22nd 2009
Actually, I was told the only reason to watch this show
Sep 22nd 2009
RE: Actually, I was told the only reason to watch this show
Oct 15th 2009
um cause Stephanie Jacobsen (Lauren Yung)
Sep 22nd 2009
glad i'm not the only one
Sep 23rd 2009
Locklear is comin back but the show is tanking
Sep 23rd 2009
      this is like a virtual fight club
Sep 24th 2009
gotta up this shit
Oct 01st 2009
WTF AM I DOING??!?!?!?!?!?
Oct 13th 2009
RE: WTF AM I DOING??!?!?!?!?!?
Oct 14th 2009
      she is the worst actress in the history of TV
Oct 14th 2009
           RE: she is the worst actress in the history of TV
Oct 14th 2009
                I kinda think Michael is Violets dad, if they had any balls he would be
Oct 14th 2009
                     RE: I kinda think Michael is Violets dad, if they had any balls he would...
Oct 14th 2009
You can admit it Ceej. It's okay.
Oct 14th 2009
YO this Auggie dude has to be the stiffiest dude ever
Oct 21st 2009
LMFAO, ptp may not read this post but the CW must (spoiler)
Oct 22nd 2009
dammit i was about to post this! LOL!
Oct 22nd 2009
RE: LMFAO, ptp may not read this post but the CW must (spoiler)
Oct 23rd 2009
I just started watching the 92 series
Oct 23rd 2009
92 was that classic shit....
Oct 25th 2009
dare i say ^^^^^^^ this
Nov 19th 2009
Heres my theory
Nov 27th 2009
I'm still enjoying the hell out of the classic shit
Nov 19th 2009
RE: I'm still enjoying the hell out of the classic shit
Nov 19th 2009
      RE: I'm still enjoying the hell out of the classic shit
Nov 19th 2009
           HA HA THAT'S RIGHT! ROFL@"TJ's dad"
Nov 19th 2009
Late Pass on Stephanie Jacobsen
Nov 25th 2009
RE: Late Pass on Stephanie Jacobsen
Dec 10th 2009
Josie Bissett has aged well
Nov 27th 2009
most recent two episodes, SPOILER ALERT
Dec 10th 2009
Just got to Locklear's return
Dec 17th 2009
back from the depths of PTP swamplands
Apr 04th 2010
I watched one episode when it returned
Apr 04th 2010

TheWhiteMedia
Member since Jun 23rd 2005
792 posts
Tue Sep-22-09 12:44 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Mission accomplished"
In response to Reply # 0

Wordman
Member since Apr 11th 2003
11224 posts
Tue Sep-22-09 09:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Actually, I was told the only reason to watch this show"
In response to Reply # 0

"My friend from Temple is on the show."

"Your current frequencies of understanding outweigh that which has been given for you to understand." Saul Williams

Beamer6178
Member since Jan 09th 2006
6379 posts
Thu Oct-15-09 01:11 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
15. "RE: Actually, I was told the only reason to watch this show"
In response to Reply # 2

and who is said friend?

SankofaII
Charter member
30751 posts
Tue Sep-22-09 10:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "um cause Stephanie Jacobsen (Lauren Yung)"
In response to Reply # 0

on the show is HAWT as fuck, and her, Katie Cassidy (Ella), and Michael Rady (Jonah) are the only reasons to watch...

everyone else is wack...

Jessica Lucas: how are you going to be attractive and come off bland, wack, and horrible as hell as an actress...

i know they're making Jessica's character the Allison of the show, but damn, Courtney Thorne-Smith had fire and talent for days...

Jessica just bland as hell...

im sure the campiness and fire will come when Josie Bissett AND Heather Locklear come back...watch what I tell you...

Get Out the Room
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/get-out-the-room/id525657893

Some of y'all need this in your life: http://www.psychology.com

Beamer6178
6379 posts
Wed Sep-23-09 03:32 PM

4. "glad i'm not the only one"
In response to Reply # 0

having sidney in the pilot then bringing michael through had me setting the dvr to tape the whole series.

not sure who else comes back, i think it'll be crappy but the old characters were so good they're enough to make me watch.

the old was a better show because everyone started out chill and normal and just trying to make it then people started wiling the fuck out and it just became fire.

this one they're trying to start it out wildin except with crappy actors and seemingly much less depth.

example: matt was an openly gay character and the issues were dealt with and explored routinely, something that wasn't done too much on national tv. ella is just a freak ho would do anything probably without preference.

yet and still i'm gonna watch so shoot me already lolol

Ceej
66741 posts
Wed Sep-23-09 04:59 PM

5. "Locklear is comin back but the show is tanking"
In response to Reply # 4

and that Michael Phelps lookin dude is horrible along with all the other guys. Basically the whole show cant act but I have it dvrd. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?Q!?!?!

Beamer6178
6379 posts
Thu Sep-24-09 09:24 AM

6. "this is like a virtual fight club"
In response to Reply # 5

where we beat each other up for this shit....

not sure if you peeped tuesday's ep, (was it the second or third episode? showing recap, it seemed like there was another episode somewhere, because there were several scenes that i didn't see in the pilot) but previews for next week showed ANOTHER old character (not locklear) coming back. this is essentially going to be how they get this show past november, if they even can. to keep bringing back classic characters to overshadow the weak current ones.

and i'll KEEP WATCHING

*hangs head in shame*

Beamer6178
6379 posts
Thu Oct-01-09 02:16 PM

7. "gotta up this shit"
In response to Reply # 0

ok so jane's crazy ass back, who's next? grant show? he ain't done work in awhile. but his ass was a bartender, what's he gonna be now, a real estate developer or some shit?

this whole show is gonna end up a relaunching pad for eryone else, except for kimberly since she MADE it onto a successful show afterwards

yet and still I WATCH *sigh*

Ceej
66741 posts
Tue Oct-13-09 09:54 PM

8. "WTF AM I DOING??!?!?!?!?!?"
In response to Reply # 0

Beamer6178
6379 posts
Wed Oct-14-09 09:34 AM

9. "RE: WTF AM I DOING??!?!?!?!?!?"
In response to Reply # 8

good question, but i'm doing it too

*sigh*

seriously though I want someone to slap the 300,000 facial gestures out of ashley simpson that she makes per episode.

Ceej
66741 posts
Wed Oct-14-09 09:49 AM

10. "she is the worst actress in the history of TV"
In response to Reply # 9

that 4 corners look she does with her eyes is just horrible. But god damn I think shes hot as hell

Beamer6178
6379 posts
Wed Oct-14-09 10:15 AM

11. "RE: she is the worst actress in the history of TV"
In response to Reply # 10

>that 4 corners look she does with her eyes is just horrible.
>But god damn I think shes hot as hell
they have her looking good in the show but she would get ungentlemanly treatment from I

since we've already identified ourselves in this secret society, let's move on...

looks like the first shoe is about to drop with riley messing with augie again. you had to know she and jonah had no chance from the start. a couple that seemingly was about each other more than anything else was doomed to fail, kind of like michael and jane from the first melrose. so that's gonna be stirred up ridiculous with ella trying to get on jonah's nuts but what's the next big deal?

michael and violet will go in circles for awhile, but i'm wondering how long lauren can go on moonlighting as a madam.

i don't know what the ratings are, but anyone think someone's gonna get murked soon?

Ceej
66741 posts
Wed Oct-14-09 10:18 AM

12. "I kinda think Michael is Violets dad, if they had any balls he would be"
In response to Reply # 11

yea the whole hooker storyline is kinda boring to me but shes gotta keep it going. Michael is gonna run into her @ a party or somethin and then as blackmail on both ends he'll keep her on his team and she'll shut her mouth.

Beamer6178
6379 posts
Wed Oct-14-09 10:44 AM

13. "RE: I kinda think Michael is Violets dad, if they had any balls he would..."
In response to Reply # 12

that would be truly melrosian were that the case, then for her and david to end up boning later to complete the incest fest, but thankfully, since sidney had her WELL before she even showed up at melrose place (although since sydney denied her i'm wondering if there's some other angle she's coming in on), i'm gonna figure they leave that one alone.

>yea the whole hooker storyline is kinda boring to me but shes
>gotta keep it going. Michael is gonna run into her @ a party
>or somethin and then as blackmail on both ends he'll keep her
>on his team and she'll shut her mouth.
not even a party, he'll probably order her without realizing then when the cat is out they'll have to make some sort of pact

i don't know why the rest of y'all motherfuckers acting like you ain't watching!

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27109 posts
Wed Oct-14-09 02:58 PM

14. "You can admit it Ceej. It's okay."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Oct-14-09 02:59 PM by 40thStreetBlack

>*by someone I DONT mean me.

maybe we should put you on the poly. I think you've seen it.

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

Ceej
66741 posts
Wed Oct-21-09 04:36 PM

16. "YO this Auggie dude has to be the stiffiest dude ever"
In response to Reply # 0

can he even turn his neck??

Ceej
66741 posts
Thu Oct-22-09 05:48 PM

17. "LMFAO, ptp may not read this post but the CW must (spoiler)"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b150239_melrose_place_ashlee_simpson-wentz.html

Spoiler alert: The producers of Melrose Place are spoiling you.

While such surprising cast changes are usually held under iron-clad lock and key, the CW has confirmed that Ashlee Simpson-Wentz and Colin Egglesfield will be let go from the cast of Melrose Place in January. In their place, we'll get some new characters.

So why are Ashlee (Violet) and Colin (Auggie) getting the boot?

According to the show's producers, it was always part of the plan. Executive producer Todd Slavkin told EW: "We always knew that this murder mystery would end in episode 12...And once that murder mystery was solved, would go on her way."

Many of you have already written in to ask: Is that true? Or did producers decide on the casting change more recently?

As for what lies ahead on the show, this reveal by producers certainly seems like a big tell, given that we've reported there will be an upcoming major character death, and that it's tied to the big mystery of Sydney's murder. It's surprising that producers would want to go on record to kill the surprise of Ashlee and Colin's exits, but a CW insider tells me that the powers that be "wanted to get it out of the way."

Will you miss Ashlee and Colin on the show?

________

SankofaII
Charter member
30751 posts
Thu Oct-22-09 10:37 PM

18. "dammit i was about to post this! LOL!"
In response to Reply # 17

but HOLLAH!!!!!!!

Beast faced Wentz and blank ass, stiff faced Auggie GONE...David needs to go NEXT! lol!

Get Out the Room
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/get-out-the-room/id525657893

Some of y'all need this in your life: http://www.psychology.com

Beamer6178
6379 posts
Fri Oct-23-09 01:10 PM

19. "RE: LMFAO, ptp may not read this post but the CW must (spoiler)"
In response to Reply # 17

ha ha TRUE STORY..

bout fucking TIME that broad takes a hike!!!

rest assured, okayplayer's demographic was never young teenaged white chicks, this show will be 'round for a minute.

relating it to the show, i wonder if riley's encounter with jo and jonah's getting cozy with that production assistant is enough to keep things severed. i'm guessing yes.

Mageddon
Charter member
4018 posts
Fri Oct-23-09 03:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
20. "I just started watching the 92 series"
In response to Reply # 0

shit is horrible.

but i can't stop watching.

waiting in anticipation for Locklear to show up.

Beamer6178
6379 posts
Sun Oct-25-09 09:58 PM

21. "92 was that classic shit...."
In response to Reply # 20

i don't even remember how it ended tho, i might need to rewatch and see.

despite what i said about the middle school white chick demographic, this rendition might be canceled before you finish watching the original show.

Beamer6178
6379 posts
Thu Nov-19-09 10:08 AM

22. "dare i say ^^^^^^^ this"
In response to Reply # 0

what the fuck happened to locklear's face? her lips and cheeks look all fucked up, why won't these broads just ease up on the nip/tuck

re: the show, what the hell is she looking for? are they gonna carry this who killed sydney for the whole season? it was a good lead-in but the story lines can carry the show where it will go, this whodunit clue shit can stop already.

Ceej
66741 posts
Fri Nov-27-09 10:33 AM

28. "Heres my theory"
In response to Reply # 22

When Ashlee was bangin Michael in the car she put the necklace in the car for Auggie. They all figure this out and thats how she and Auggie end up outta the show

Mageddon
Charter member
4018 posts
Thu Nov-19-09 10:40 AM

23. "I'm still enjoying the hell out of the classic shit"
In response to Reply # 0

I've passed the after school special phase of the show, where everything wrapped up neatly and everyone learned something new about themselves at the end of each episode.

Getting a lot more soap opera-ish now.

Southern girl is gone.

Less cardio funk. Girl is off in her own world with TJ's dad, who looks EXACTLY the same back then as he does now.

Gay guy has fallen back too.

Less Michael and Jane, but the seeds are being sown for him to become the cheater we know him as. Watching him being all nice and shit is weird.

Jo has turned Jake into a pussified bitch.

Heather Locklear is in the house. She looked good back then.

Beamer6178
6379 posts
Thu Nov-19-09 10:58 AM

24. "RE: I'm still enjoying the hell out of the classic shit"
In response to Reply # 23

>I've passed the after school special phase of the show, where
>everything wrapped up neatly and everyone learned something
>new about themselves at the end of each episode.
>
>Getting a lot more soap opera-ish now.
>
>Southern girl is gone.
sandy right? she would have made some good smut scenes

>Less cardio funk. Girl is off in her own world with TJ's dad,
who dis? i'm drawing a blank
>who looks EXACTLY the same back then as he does now.
>
>Gay guy has fallen back too.
i like the way that they played this character. perhaps i wasn't as sophisticated a watcher, but he wasn't agenda driven, he just happened to be a gay guy living in the building, unlike almost every season of the real world.

>Less Michael and Jane, but the seeds are being sown for him to
>become the cheater we know him as. Watching him being all nice
>and shit is weird.
ha ha

>
>Jo has turned Jake into a pussified bitch.
it doesn't last

>Heather Locklear is in the house. She looked good back then.
she is FUCCCKED up now man, its nasty. looks like someone's ass fat is in her face now.

Mageddon
Charter member
4018 posts
Thu Nov-19-09 11:15 AM

25. "RE: I'm still enjoying the hell out of the classic shit"
In response to Reply # 24

>>Less cardio funk. Girl is off in her own world with TJ's
>dad,
>who dis? i'm drawing a blank

http://images.google.ca/images?rlz=1C1CHMA_enCA312CA312&sourceid=chrome&q=john+marshall+jones&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=mXAFS928IYG1lAfl8OSaDA&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBQQsAQwAA

Beamer6178
6379 posts
Thu Nov-19-09 01:45 PM

26. "HA HA THAT'S RIGHT! ROFL@"TJ's dad""
In response to Reply # 25

Mageddon
Charter member
4018 posts
Wed Nov-25-09 11:24 PM

27. "Late Pass on Stephanie Jacobsen"
In response to Reply # 0

Just watched the first episode.

She's fucking hot.

So is Ashley Simpson supposed to be the Matt of this series? She just kinds of pops up randomly and says nice things.

Beamer6178
6379 posts
Thu Dec-10-09 10:58 AM

30. "RE: Late Pass on Stephanie Jacobsen"
In response to Reply # 27

>Just watched the first episode.
>
>She's fucking hot.
yeah she's type ridiculous, jessica lucas is killing it too

>So is Ashley Simpson supposed to be the Matt of this series?
matt had a purpose, she kind of just roams around...but you just watched the first ep so i'll stay quiet, you'll see.

>She just kinds of pops up randomly and says nice things.
>
>
>

Mageddon
Charter member
4018 posts
Fri Nov-27-09 11:59 PM

29. "Josie Bissett has aged well"
In response to Reply # 0

she lookin kinda sexy, yo.

Going back and forth between this and the 92 shit is trip.

Beamer6178
6379 posts
Thu Dec-10-09 11:09 AM

31. "most recent two episodes, SPOILER ALERT"
In response to Reply # 0

gotta hand it to em, i was NOT seeing his wife as involved in this, killing Sid, boning David, David fathering Noah. It's REALLY on some "back in 92" shit right now.

still not sure how violet and auggie are gonna get done with. also, violet's flashback about sidney and her talking, i'm wondering if they left that out like the actual murder of sidney or if she was imagining it because all scenes in the "present" never had them interacting like that.

looking forward to see where they gonna go next with it...

Mageddon
Charter member
4018 posts
Thu Dec-17-09 11:41 PM

32. "Just got to Locklear's return"
In response to Reply # 0

Wow...her face...

Even her voice is all fucked up...when she talks no part of her face moves. It's creepy.

It's worse because I'm watching the old school series at the same time. Jo and Jane have aged well, Sidney was always ugly, but damn...dem plastic surgeries...not a good look.

Beamer6178
6379 posts
Sun Apr-04-10 08:09 AM

33. "back from the depths of PTP swamplands"
In response to Reply # 0

the second set of season one into full swing.....

anyone still checking for this?

so glad ashlee simpson is gone, gosh she was awful

lauren pulled out all the stops last week with the i'm a hooker admission but david can't do shit since rich girl is blackmailing him for sex.

nothing like a melrose place web LOL

although it has removed most of the suspense, since amanda is clearly going down and jonah and riley gonna be on some back and forth type shit...

ahh well it's the NEW cw, what do you expect

Mageddon
Charter member
4018 posts
Sun Apr-04-10 09:26 AM

34. "I watched one episode when it returned"
In response to Reply # 33

and decided i had enough.

still enjoying the shit out of 90s series though.

baby snatching? harrrrrrrr

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #476935 Previous topic | Next topic