Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #455170

Subject: "David Carradine RIP" Previous topic | Next topic
MME
Charter member
11940 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 09:16 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"David Carradine RIP"
Thu Jun-04-09 09:17 AM by MME

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/entertainment&id=6847033

BANGKOK (WABC) -- Kung Fu and Kill Bill star David Carradine has been found dead in a hotel room in Bangkok.

Carradine, 73, was there to shoot a new movie, his agent said.

His agent confirmed his death this morning, saying the actor had been was in great spirits.

He said he believed Carradine died of natural causes.

Carradine may be best remembered for his role as Kwai Chang Caine in the 1970s TV Series Kung Fu.

More recently, he starred as Bill in Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill films.

Over the years, he appeared in over 200 motion pictures and television dramas, and numerous plays. He was also a producer, director, writer, and composer for the screen as well.

He was born John Arthur Carradine, the eldest son of actor John Carradine.

FUCK DONALD TRUMP

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Whoa. RIP.
Jun 04th 2009
wow, totally unexpected.
Jun 04th 2009
RIP
Jun 04th 2009
eughk. this sucks. RIP.
Jun 04th 2009
RIP
Jun 04th 2009
R I P
Jun 04th 2009
RIP. He will be missed nm
Jun 04th 2009
damn, they reporting suicide now...
Jun 04th 2009
RE: damn, they reporting suicide now...
Jun 04th 2009
at 73?
Jun 04th 2009
      thats what I was thinking
Jun 04th 2009
RIP
Jun 04th 2009
crazy...RIP
Jun 04th 2009
Daaaaamn
Jun 04th 2009
RIP - with this Murray Head Salute
Jun 04th 2009
Whoa...damn...RIP
Jun 04th 2009
R.I.P.
Jun 04th 2009
i just saw that he is gonna be on that show "mental" next week
Jun 04th 2009
Sad news. I watched the hell outta "Kung Fu" as a kid
Jun 04th 2009
David Carradine, Rest In Peace :(
Jun 04th 2009
Looks like an accidental suicide like Michael Hutchence. RIP.
Jun 04th 2009
accidental? they found him naked hanging from a rope in a closet.
Jun 04th 2009
      auto-erotic asphyxiation
Jun 04th 2009
      i never even heard of this 'til i saw that 6FU death scene.
Jun 08th 2009
      whoops!
Jun 05th 2009
           RE: whoops!
Jun 05th 2009
                and that made your mind immediately jump to "cock"?
Jun 06th 2009
R.I.P.
Jun 04th 2009
RIP
Jun 04th 2009
rip
Jun 05th 2009
RIP from the Plum Blossom family. n/m
Jun 05th 2009
real sad to hear this RIP
Jun 05th 2009
Well got damn!
Jun 07th 2009
Do I want to look at these?
Jun 08th 2009
I'm confused.
Jun 08th 2009
      I would think so
Jun 08th 2009

DawgEatah
Charter member
49225 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 09:17 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Whoa. RIP."
In response to Reply # 0

I met dude at a party years ago.
Nice guy.
So sad.

Peace to his family.

twitter: /baslisong
http://www.myspace.com/insightclopediabrown
http://www.myspace.com/dumhi
http://www.youtube.com/group/okayplayer
http://www.last.fm/user/Dawgeatah

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44258 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 09:18 AM

2. "wow, totally unexpected."
In response to Reply # 0

Is this real?

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

quikfit
Charter member
1897 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 09:26 AM

3. "RIP"
In response to Reply # 0

Got to see this dude speak at my school a few years ago - very, very cool & funny, and still with some bad ass to him.

Sad stuff.

Also, strangely, CNN is reporting he was 72, not 73
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/06/04/obit.david.carradine/index.html

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Soul music is bad, bad, bad!

FortifiedLive
Member since Dec 26th 2006
9984 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 09:27 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "eughk. this sucks. RIP."
In response to Reply # 0

<<progressions.

las raises
Member since Aug 31st 2002
14982 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 09:33 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "RIP"
In response to Reply # 0

Saw him at a clippers game a few months back

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ceej
Member since Feb 16th 2006
66747 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 09:41 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "R I P"
In response to Reply # 0

http://i.imgur.com/vPqCzVU.jpg

bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8615 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 09:47 AM

7. "RIP. He will be missed nm"
In response to Reply # 0

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

avionix
Member since Sep 24th 2007
498 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 09:53 AM

8. "damn, they reporting suicide now..."
In response to Reply # 0

wow.

RIP

#mistycopeland

ILL FLOW
Member since Nov 16th 2004
3221 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 10:02 AM

9. "RE: damn, they reporting suicide now..."
In response to Reply # 8

damn man, so sad. i hope not. dude was too cool to commit suicide

http://oneyoungsta.com/

go mack
Member since May 02nd 2008
4021 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 10:15 AM

11. "at 73?"
In response to Reply # 8

that would be odd hope not

RIP

rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 10:28 AM

13. "thats what I was thinking"
In response to Reply # 11

unless he thought he was losing his mind or his memory or something and could not handle it...

sayitwitme.blogspot.com

ZooTown74
Member since May 29th 2002
43582 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 10:04 AM

10. "RIP"
In response to Reply # 0

ajiav
Member since Feb 02nd 2007
2402 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 10:27 AM

12. "crazy...RIP"
In response to Reply # 0

longer swipe, bit suprised at all this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090604/ap_on_re_as/as_obit_carradine

BANGKOK – David Carradine, star of the 1970s TV series "Kung Fu" whose career roared back to life when he played the assassin-turned-victim in Quentin Tarentino's "Kill Bill," was found dead Thursday in Thailand. A published report said he committed suicide.

A spokesman for the U.S. Embassy, Michael Turner, confirmed the death of the 72-year-old actor. He said the embassy was informed by Thai authorities that Carradine died either late Wednesday or early Thursday, but he could not provide further details out of consideration for his family.

The Web site of the Thai newspaper The Nation cited unidentified police sources as saying Carradine was found Thursday hanged in his luxury hotel room.

It said Carradine was in Bangkok to shoot a movie and had been staying at the hotel since Tuesday.

The newspaper said Carradine could not be contacted after he failed to appear for a meal with the rest of the film crew on Wednesday, and that his body was found by a hotel maid at 10 a.m. Thursday morning. The name of the movie was not immediately available.

It said a preliminary police investigation found that he had hanged himself with a cord used with the room's curtains. It cited police as saying he had been dead at least 12 hours and there was no sign that he had been assaulted.

A police officer at Bangkok's Lumpini precinct station would not confirm the identity of the dead man, but said the luxury Swissotel Nai Lert Park hotel had reported that a male guest killed himself there.

Carradine was a leading member of a venerable Hollywood acting family that included his father, character actor John Carradine, and brother Keith.

In all, he appeared in more than 100 feature films with such directors as Martin Scorsese, Ingmar Bergman and Hal Ashby. One of his prominent early film roles was as singer Woody Guthrie in Ashby's 1976 biopic "Bound for Glory."

But he was best known for his role as Kwai Chang Caine, a Shaolin priest traveling the 1800s American frontier West in the TV series "Kung Fu," which aired in 1972-75.

He reprised the role in a mid-1980s TV movie and played Caine's grandson in the 1990s syndicated series "Kung Fu: The Legend Continues."

He returned to the top in recent years as the title character in Quentin Tarantino's two-part saga "Kill Bill."

The character, the worldly father figure of a pack of crack assassins, was a shadowy presence in 2003's "Kill Bill — Vol. 1." In that film, one of Bill's former assassins (Uma Thurman) begins a vengeful rampage against her old associates.

In "Kill Bill — Vol. 2," released in 2004, Thurman's character comes face to face again with Bill himself. The role brought Carradine a Golden Globe nomination as best supporting actor.

Bill was a complete contrast to his TV character Kwai Chang Caine, the soft-spoken refugee from a Shaolin monastery, serenely spreading wisdom and battling bad guys in the Old West. He left after three seasons, saying the show had started to repeat itself.

After "Kung Fu," Carradine starred in the 1975 cult flick "Death Race 2000." He starred with Liv Ullmann in Bergman's "The Serpent's Egg" in 1977 and with his brothers in the 1980 Western "The Long Riders."

But after the early 1980s, he spent two decades doing mostly low-budget films. Tarantino's films changed that.

"All I've ever needed since I more or less retired from studio films a couple of decades ago ... is just to be in one," Carradine told The Associated Press in 2004.

"There isn't anything that Anthony Hopkins or Clint Eastwood or Sean Connery or any of those old guys are doing that I couldn't do," he said. "All that was ever required was somebody with Quentin's courage to take and put me in the spotlight."

One thing remained a constant after "Kung Fu": Carradine's interest in Oriental herbs, exercise and philosophy. He wrote a personal memoir called "Spirit of Shaolin" and continued to make instructional videos on tai chi and other martial arts.

In the 2004 interview, Carradine talked candidly about his past boozing and narcotics use, but said he had put all that behind him and stuck to coffee and cigarettes.

"I didn't like the way I looked, for one thing. You're kind of out of control emotionally when you drink that much. I was quicker to anger."

"You're probably witnessing the last time I will ever answer those questions," Carradine said. "Because this is a regeneration. It is a renaissance. It is the start of a new career for me.

"It's time to do nothing but look forward."

-------

http://soundcloud.com/ajiav
http://www.last.fm/user/ajiav

Games without front ears / born without ears

Hitokiri
Charter member
22111 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 10:33 AM

14. "Daaaaamn"
In response to Reply # 0

Unexpected as hell

Rip i guess.

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

Raised under Reagan
Member since Oct 10th 2007
3789 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 10:38 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via ICQ
15. "RIP - with this Murray Head Salute"
In response to Reply # 0

One Night in Bangkok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnqj31VPNoE&feature=related

http://controversy.wearscience.com/img450/devil.gif

http://www.gifflix.com/files/a5ce6cf63c93.gif

THRILLHOUSE
Member since Oct 26th 2007
3655 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 11:02 AM

16. "Whoa...damn...RIP"
In response to Reply # 0

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44722 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 11:07 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
17. "R.I.P."
In response to Reply # 0

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 11:08 AM

18. "i just saw that he is gonna be on that show "mental" next week"
In response to Reply # 0

wow...RIP

"yes, sometimes my rhymes are sexist, but you lovely bitches and hos should know i'm tryin to correct it"- hiphopopotamus

biscuit
Charter member
8682 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 12:33 PM

19. "Sad news. I watched the hell outta "Kung Fu" as a kid"
In response to Reply # 0

He will be missed.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

*Effasig*

Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13770 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 06:34 PM

20. "David Carradine, Rest In Peace :("
In response to Reply # 0

I just heard about his passing thru Twitter, I came to pay my respects to him, when I was young they use to show his hour long tv show Kung Fu which came during the weekend, I didn't care for when I was a kid but sometimes it was better than the other junk that was on and over time I grew to like it.

He's played a lot of great roles since then and was always one of those interesting actors no matter what part he played.

https://tinyurl.com/y4ba6hog

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

Ryan M
Member since Oct 21st 2002
43748 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 07:50 PM

21. "Looks like an accidental suicide like Michael Hutchence. RIP."
In response to Reply # 0

Dude was too cool for words.

------------------------------

17x NBA Champions

dula dibiasi
Member since Apr 05th 2004
21925 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 11:09 PM

24. "accidental? they found him naked hanging from a rope in a closet."
In response to Reply # 21

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

THRILLHOUSE
Member since Oct 26th 2007
3655 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 11:38 PM

25. "auto-erotic asphyxiation"
In response to Reply # 24

I don't think thats been confirmed yet though, but one of the theories/rumors floating around

FortifiedLive
Member since Dec 26th 2006
9984 posts
Mon Jun-08-09 09:41 AM

36. "i never even heard of this 'til i saw that 6FU death scene."
In response to Reply # 25

<<progressions.

Deebot
Member since Oct 21st 2004
26762 posts
Fri Jun-05-09 12:06 AM

26. "whoops!"
In response to Reply # 24

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49436 posts
Fri Jun-05-09 01:04 PM

29. "RE: whoops!"
In response to Reply # 26

The NYPost article says the maid found him with the chord rapped around his neck and "other body parts".

"See he's organized, and he's on the ball. Never miss a day of school,and he's a underdog. Wanna learn more and more, cuz his mama taught him good. He's about to change the face of yo ghetto neighborhood." (c) Badu

dula dibiasi
Member since Apr 05th 2004
21925 posts
Sat Jun-06-09 01:09 AM

31. "and that made your mind immediately jump to "cock"?"
In response to Reply # 29
Sat Jun-06-09 01:10 AM by dula dibiasi

>"other body parts"

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

Midtown Records
Member since Sep 29th 2006
4776 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 08:13 PM

22. "R.I.P."
In response to Reply # 0

Lamentations 3:26
It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

icecold21
Member since Jan 18th 2008
8433 posts
Thu Jun-04-09 08:14 PM

23. "RIP"
In response to Reply # 0

Deebot
Member since Oct 21st 2004
26762 posts
Fri Jun-05-09 12:06 AM

27. "rip"
In response to Reply # 0

Flash80
Member since Jan 03rd 2007
6953 posts
Fri Jun-05-09 01:27 AM

28. "RIP from the Plum Blossom family. n/m"
In response to Reply # 0

Wordman
Member since Apr 11th 2003
11224 posts
Fri Jun-05-09 09:28 PM

30. "real sad to hear this RIP"
In response to Reply # 0

"Your current frequencies of understanding outweigh that which has been given for you to understand." Saul Williams

soopabruva1
Member since Apr 20th 2005
621 posts
Sun Jun-07-09 10:59 PM

32. "Well got damn!"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/07/david-carradine-death-thailand-hanging-auto-erotica-sex-death/

Posted Jun 7th 2009 5:00PM by TMZ Staff

David CarradineWe've just seen a higher resolution image of the photo that appears to be David Carradine's body hanging in his hotel room -- and it shows what seems consistent with an auto-erotica scenario ... at least from outward appearances.

The photo -- published by a Thai tabloid -- shows a body suspended from a bar in a closet, with his hands bound together above his head. Carradine's genitals were also tied.

But the new sharper image also reveals what appears to be fishnet stockings covering the body. You can also see red women's lingerie on the bed. And, it appears, Carradine may have been wearing a dark wig.

Although there are signs this could have been a sexual act that turned accidentally deadly, family sources say they are still suspicious of the circumstances and have not ruled out homicide.

rhymesandammo
Member since Dec 07th 2004
6366 posts
Mon Jun-08-09 12:19 AM

33. "Do I want to look at these?"
In response to Reply # 32

I don't think so...

*knows better*

*backs away slowly*

Esteemed author of the celebrated, double-platinum post: "Drake - Wu-Tang Forever".

Coatesvillain
Member since Aug 24th 2005
7290 posts
Mon Jun-08-09 06:48 AM

34. "I'm confused."
In response to Reply # 32

I was going with the auto-erotic asphyxiation when I read his genitals were tied, but his hands were tied above his head? That pretty much confirms that someone else had to be involved in this, right?

-------
"Andy justifies my hate."
http://www.twitter.com/coatesvillain
http://coates.tumblr.com

soopabruva1
Member since Apr 20th 2005
621 posts
Mon Jun-08-09 08:49 AM

35. "I would think so"
In response to Reply # 34

n/m

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #455170 Previous topic | Next topic