Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #298906

Subject: "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Book 6) - Recap (SPOILERS, of co..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35854 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 02:12 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Book 6) - Recap (SPOILERS, of co..."

I just finished re-reading this in anticipation of Book 7 and I feel the need to recap a few things...mainly because i saw movie 5 last night and i refuse to start reading anything else till Jul 21st. so anyway, yeah.

can we talk about it...again?

especially the ending, when Snape kills Dumbledore. It's my belief that he did so on Dumbledore's orders but why? Why did Dumbledore feel it was necessary for him to die? Was it to give Harry the final impetus to set off alone after Voldemort?

d

poplock.blogspot.com

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
and correct me if i'm wrong, but
Jul 12th 2007
nope book 3, when he knocked out snape w/ the disarming spell
Jul 12th 2007
Severus
Jul 12th 2007
I don't know about that tho
Jul 12th 2007
wrong. It was on Dumbledore's orders.
Jul 12th 2007
my take on snape
Jul 12th 2007
Not bad. Not bad at all.
Jul 12th 2007
excellent
Jul 12th 2007
I don't believe it's in Dumbledore's morals
Jul 12th 2007
      wow, i tip my wizarding brim to y'all ninjas. nm
Jul 16th 2007
The Horcrux in the zombie lake.
Jul 12th 2007
we saw a horcruz IN REGULUS'S CRIB
Jul 13th 2007
      yup
Jul 13th 2007
           RE: yup
Jul 13th 2007
                not sure what i think of the harry as horcrux theory
Jul 13th 2007
                     and this is why
Jul 13th 2007
                          that's fucked up. i could see some okp doing some shit like that,
Jul 16th 2007
                               already happened
Jul 16th 2007
                                    insane.
Jul 17th 2007
                                         fuckin book ninjas, we gotta be. (that works on multi levels).
Jul 19th 2007
                                              STEALTH MODE, YO!
Jul 19th 2007
I heart you for this post, V....
Jul 13th 2007
:-)
Jul 13th 2007
The Pensieve.
Jul 13th 2007
I wonder if they will cast the guy from "The Chamber of Secrets"
Jul 14th 2007
I read somewhere
Jul 16th 2007
Tom was not a teen when Dumbledore met him.
Jul 15th 2007
      yeah but i doubt he looked 11
Jul 16th 2007
and then there's the evil thing rowling could do to us (prophesy talk)
Jul 15th 2007
something tells me
Jul 16th 2007
      one of the big three (at least) is going out
Jul 16th 2007
      what makes you think its neville?
Jul 17th 2007
           a vague memory
Jul 17th 2007
                It's at the end of Book 5, during the "Dumbledore tell Harry everything"
Jul 18th 2007
                     yes
Jul 18th 2007
the fuck, yo? you aired the spoiler out in your second graph. granted,
Jul 16th 2007
LOL sorry i did say 'spoilers' :)
Jul 16th 2007
You're gonna have to translate this from plea-cop to English.
Jul 16th 2007
      relax on the snark.
Jul 17th 2007
           nah.
Jul 17th 2007
he also could have hurt harry when he was fleeing the school...
Jul 17th 2007
4 days!!!
Jul 17th 2007
2 days!!!!
Jul 19th 2007
it's getting hard not to look for spoilers
Jul 19th 2007
      RE: it's getting hard not to look for spoilers
Jul 19th 2007
           don't know. haven't looked.
Jul 19th 2007
Do NOT google 'Deathly Hallows review'
Jul 19th 2007
RE: Do NOT google 'Deathly Hallows review'
Jul 19th 2007
i've been thinking about this
Jul 20th 2007
why would want to read a review anyway?
Jul 20th 2007
      I didn't even get to read the review
Jul 20th 2007
1 day!!!!
Jul 20th 2007
All I know is that I've set aside all tomorrow to do nothing
Jul 20th 2007
me too
Jul 20th 2007
RE: All I know is that I've set aside all tomorrow to do nothing
Jul 20th 2007
yall preordered it?
Jul 20th 2007
      Hell fuck yeah !!!!
Jul 20th 2007
      RE: Hell fuck yeah !!!!
Jul 20th 2007
           lol i hear some ppl have been getting it early from preorders
Jul 20th 2007
      nope.
Jul 20th 2007
My Offical Predictions.
Jul 20th 2007
up
Jul 24th 2007

Damali
35854 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 02:18 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "and correct me if i'm wrong, but"
In response to Reply # 0

wasn't book 6 the first time Harry saw the spell 'levicorpus'? if so, then why were they using it in the Dumbledore's Army scenes in movie 5?

d

poplock.blogspot.com

earthqueen
Charter member
8904 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 04:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "nope book 3, when he knocked out snape w/ the disarming spell"
In response to Reply # 1
Thu Jul-12-07 04:47 PM by earthqueen

it wasn't in the movie, but in The Prisoner of Azkaban, that's how they originally got Snape back from the shrieking shack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Donuts Are Forever
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://twitter.com/MyNameIsJamma

Melanism
Charter member
20446 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 02:35 PM

2. "Severus"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't think he killed Dumbledore on his orders but he killed because of the Unbreakable Vow. I think Dumbledore was genuinely surprised by his betrayal but the fact that he's the best at Occlumency in Hogwarts should have been a sign that he could never really be trusted
-------------------
"Fuck yo couch, nigga!" - Tom Cruise

http://melanism.com
http://preptimeposse.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/melanism
http://www.last.fm/user/Melanism/

Damali
35854 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 02:41 PM

3. "I don't know about that tho"
In response to Reply # 2

>I don't think he killed Dumbledore on his orders but he
>killed because of the Unbreakable Vow.

Dumbledore already knew about the Unbreakable Vow and he knew what Malfoy was up to. Rowling wants all us readers and Harry to think that Dumbledore had some sort of blindspot when it came to Snape. He obviously had a good reason, which none of us knows yet, to trust Snape 100% without a doubt...which leads me to this...

I think Dumbledore was
>genuinely surprised by his betrayal but the fact that he's the
>best at Occlumency in Hogwarts should have been a sign that he
>could never really be trusted

Dumbledore would not ever plead for life. Ever. Before Snape came out, you saw how complacent he was when facing his death. He knew Snape would come to kill him any minute. So when he pleaded with Snape "Severus...please" i think he was telling him, while Snape performed Occlumency on him, to please kill him.

i guess we'll see in a couple weeks which of us is right. Care for a friendly wager, old friend?

d

poplock.blogspot.com

Invisiblist
Charter member
33760 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 05:20 PM

8. "wrong. It was on Dumbledore's orders."
In response to Reply # 2

Remember that he had to promise Malfoy's mom he'd do it, or risk blowing his cover. Remember he did NOT want to make that promise.

Remember, also, that Harry sees Dumbledore and Snape having a major disagreement, and that Harry thought to himself that Dumbledore seemed to be making Snape do something that he didn't want to do.

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 03:56 PM

4. "my take on snape"
In response to Reply # 0

in short, conflicting but complimentary unbreakable vows.

the theory: when snape wanted back in with the good guys during voldemort's first reign, he did so after harry's parents had been killed. dumbledore suspected that voldemort would be back and that harry, because of the prophesy, would have to deal with him.

so, dumbledore made snape make an unbreakable vow before he came back in. the vow basically said that he would betray voldemort only if harry was killed or if snape's betrayal could get harry his ultimate shot with voldemort. part of the vow would have been that snape continue to work in voldemort's service and pass him secrets so that voldy would continue to trust him and do nothing that would alienate that trust.

so, when severus is confronted by bella, he has to make that unbreakable vow. it simply cannot get back to voldy that snape is refusing unbreakable vows that make him support voldy's biggest plans, because voldy would cease to trust. dumbledore and snape have probably planned for this eventuality, with dumbledore reminding him of his vow and that to not kill dumbeldore would betray voldy's trust and break snape's vow. he would have also impressed on snape that harry is much more important than dumbledore. snape would have been horrified by this, of course, but his sense of duty and commitment to the cause and trust in dumbledore would have led him to follow orders however reluctantly.

good theory?

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86643 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 04:54 PM

6. "Not bad. Not bad at all."
In response to Reply # 4

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

Damali
35854 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 05:07 PM

7. "excellent"
In response to Reply # 4

that sounds about right. although the exact conditions of the dumbledore/snape Unbreakable Vow may be slightly off, i think the general message was 'protect Harry'.

Invisiblist
Charter member
33760 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 05:25 PM

9. "I don't believe it's in Dumbledore's morals"
In response to Reply # 4

to make someone take an unbreakable vow.

However, I do believe Snape's good.

All evidence points to it. Otherwise there's no reason that he'd be so frustrated that Harry was so lazy. He'd be HAPPY AS SHIT, cuz that means an automatic W for Voldemort.

Also, he never woulda hesitated to take the vow with Mrs. Malfoy.

Also, pay close attention to the scene where Harry is running after Snape across the school grounds. He's talking shit to Harry as usual, but he's very specific in the shit he's talking. He's making a last-ditch effort to get the point across to Harry that he needs to take everything Snape was trying to teach him seriously, because if he can't beat Snape he'll never beat Voldemort.

The ONLY thing he takes offense to in that scene is when Harry calls him a coward.

SHIT, if I was undercover on Voldemort's squad I'd be pissed if someone called me a coward, too.

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Mon Jul-16-07 04:45 PM

27. "wow, i tip my wizarding brim to y'all ninjas. nm"
In response to Reply # 9

peace & blessings,

x.

sigless for the summer, y'all.

Damali
35854 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 11:33 PM

10. "The Horcrux in the zombie lake."
In response to Reply # 0

Someone mentioned in that other post that they think Regulus Black is R.A.B. but I think that's too easy. But i agree with them that Kreacher is probably the one who went along with R.A.B. to help steal the Horcrux. ok so if Kreacher went then maybe RAB has to be Regulus cuz he wouldn't take orders from anyone else, right? i don't know. i just can't imagine Rowling making a major clue like that so easy to figure out.

Kreacher knows alot of shit tho.

d

poplock.blogspot.com

Invisiblist
Charter member
33760 posts
Fri Jul-13-07 07:43 AM

11. "we saw a horcruz IN REGULUS'S CRIB"
In response to Reply # 10

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Fri Jul-13-07 07:48 AM

12. "yup"
In response to Reply # 11

harry needs to take care of one horcrux in relatively short order, because he has a lot of work to do.

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

Wahday
Member since Jun 03rd 2002
568 posts
Fri Jul-13-07 09:43 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
13. "RE: yup"
In response to Reply # 12

the Scar is a horocrux. Its the last one. that's how he kills Voldemort. He rips the scar off of himself

http://wahday.blogspot.com <-----My Thoughts

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Fri Jul-13-07 10:58 AM

14. "not sure what i think of the harry as horcrux theory"
In response to Reply # 13

i've heard good arguments both ways. as long as it means harry doesn't die, i'm fine with it.

i've started to accept that one of the big three is going out, but it's going to suck.

critical tangent: i don't want to open discussion on the spoilers. really. Keep that shit out of here. The one that broke two weeks ago and may or may not be true has reached my ears, and if you want to discuss the likelihood of it being true or how I feel about it inbox, but don't spoil it for other people. if you post a spoiler i've got longo on speed dial to dead this thread.

----
bshelly

Damali
35854 posts
Fri Jul-13-07 10:27 PM

18. "and this is why"
In response to Reply # 14

once i get book 7 in my hands, I will be boycotting the internet until i've finished reading it. When i got book 6, i went on some site that had nothing to do with Harry Potter and some fuck posted in the comments "DUMBLEDORE DIES!!" i was so fucking pissed.

d

poplock.blogspot.com

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Mon Jul-16-07 04:48 PM

28. "that's fucked up. i could see some okp doing some shit like that,"
In response to Reply # 18

HERE's KWELI'S NEW ALBUM, AND HARRY DIES!!!!

that's effed up. there's a grip of bammas who are gonna go cop the book and turn right to the last pages.

matter of fact, i BET that someone, somewhere will get they ass beat in barnes and noble b/c they yell out the ending while ninjas are in line. and some 12yo girl is gonna steal off on 'em.

watch.

peace & blessings,

x.

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Mon Jul-16-07 08:51 PM

30. "already happened"
In response to Reply # 28

there's a video floating around of a dude going by the opening for Book 6 and yelling (Spoiler)

Snape kills Dumbledore. The kids were not pleased.

but anyway, that's one of the reasons i'm not going to the midnight release. the real reason is that i won't go to sleep once i get ahold of it.

----
bshelly

Damali
35854 posts
Tue Jul-17-07 10:04 AM

33. "insane."
In response to Reply # 30

ok i'm not going to the midnite release either then. i'll get up early Sat morning and go to some small mom and pop jawn and wear my ipod the whole time then sneak back home. This is so fun tho

d

poplock.blogspot.com

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Thu Jul-19-07 10:03 AM

42. "fuckin book ninjas, we gotta be. (that works on multi levels)."
In response to Reply # 33

ipod idea is a good one.

peace & blessings,

x.

Damali
35854 posts
Thu Jul-19-07 10:22 AM

43. "STEALTH MODE, YO!"
In response to Reply # 42

if i'm still reading the book by Monday, i will wrap it in a book cover so undercover spoiler types won't know what i'm reading. If there was an audiobook available, i'd actually buy that shit instead.

we not playin'

d

poplock.blogspot.com

DVS
Member since Sep 13th 2002
19730 posts
Fri Jul-13-07 08:28 PM

15. "I heart you for this post, V...."
In response to Reply # 0

I have to revisit this book...and am anxisouly anticipating the 21st my damn self.

All I can remember is being a bit disillusioned about Harry's direction. I mean...for someone who was supposed to be this grandwizard wunderkind after dispatching Voldemort....this book struck me as Harry simply being at the whim of situations outside of his control.

I remember thinking that the final standoff between the Death Eaters and the Aurors/Dumbledore's Army at Hogwarts was very well handled....didn't Neville Longbottom start showing some serious gumption? I forget....

Anyway...once again...thanks.

D

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Waldorf and Statler Vol 4:CONAN IS OUT NOW!!!: http://waldorfandstatler.bandcamp.com

and don't forget to check "DVS 4 ALDERMAN"

http://windimoto.bandcamp.com/album/dvs-4-alderman-bandcamp-exclusive-expanded-editio

Damali
35854 posts
Fri Jul-13-07 10:19 PM

16. ":-)"
In response to Reply # 15

>All I can remember is being a bit disillusioned about Harry's
>direction. I mean...for someone who was supposed to be this
>grandwizard wunderkind after dispatching Voldemort....this
>book struck me as Harry simply being at the whim of situations
>outside of his control.

nah man...it's ALWAYS been that way. He's always mainly just been lucky or had help. He said as much in the first meeting of Dumbledore's Army at the Hog's Head.

>I remember thinking that the final standoff between the Death
>Eaters and the Aurors/Dumbledore's Army at Hogwarts was very
>well handled....didn't Neville Longbottom start showing some
>serious gumption? I forget....

yeah they did. But they also had all taken a sip of Felix Felicus so they had lots of luck on their side. If Harry hadn't made them promise to take it, they'd all be dead.

>Anyway...once again...thanks.

no doubt

poplock.blogspot.com

Damali
35854 posts
Fri Jul-13-07 10:22 PM

17. "The Pensieve."
In response to Reply # 0

I was so excited every time Harry got another request from Dumbledore to come to his office. Those flashbacks of a young Tom Riddle and Marvolo and Tom's mother...and Dumbledore meeting Tom for the first time...all that stuff was so amazing to read. I wonder who they will cast to play him as a young boy? I'm sure Ralph can handle the teen Tom (or can he? how old is he now?)...i guess we'll see. But that's a damn juicy part to land. Almost makes me wish i was a young white British actor so i could audition...lol

d

poplock.blogspot.com

Melanism
Charter member
20446 posts
Sat Jul-14-07 07:00 AM

19. "I wonder if they will cast the guy from "The Chamber of Secrets""
In response to Reply # 17

SienaBlaze
Charter member
2596 posts
Mon Jul-16-07 10:24 AM

25. "I read somewhere"
In response to Reply # 19

probably imdb this time, that the guy who played Riddle wants to reprise the role but the directors feel he looks too old. He is still fighting.

Siena Blaze
http://www.myspace.com/sienablaze

Invisiblist
Charter member
33760 posts
Sun Jul-15-07 11:38 AM

21. "Tom was not a teen when Dumbledore met him."
In response to Reply # 17

He was 11, at the oldest.

Damali
35854 posts
Mon Jul-16-07 09:47 AM

22. "yeah but i doubt he looked 11"
In response to Reply # 21

i would think an 11 year old boy that evil would look like a boy 0f 15 or 16...hardened face, empty soul-less eyes....

d

poplock.blogspot.com

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Sun Jul-15-07 11:26 AM

20. "and then there's the evil thing rowling could do to us (prophesy talk)"
In response to Reply # 0

voldy launches avada kedavra at harry right as harry launches the gong spell dumbledore launched at voldy in book 5. both hit. harry dies, but the gong spell powers down voldy forever. it is irreversible. in such a fashion, harry "vanquishes" voldy and one of them dies, as the prophesy suggests.

then there's the both die option. "neither can live while the other survives" can mean a lot of things. it certainly doesn't conclusive say what happens when one of them doesn't survive.

----
bshelly

Damali
35854 posts
Mon Jul-16-07 09:57 AM

23. "something tells me"
In response to Reply # 20

that the prophesy was really about Neville and not Harry. But like Dumbledore said, Voldy MADE it about Harry by attacking him. remember how insistent Dumbledore was that Harry understand that...

and i refuse to believe that Rowling would kill Harry. she's very emotional about him and i just don't think she could do it. or maybe i just need to believe that

d

poplock.blogspot.com

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Mon Jul-16-07 09:59 AM

24. "one of the big three (at least) is going out"
In response to Reply # 23

in some senses it might be more cruel to leave harry alive. he's already lost his parents and two father figures. he's going to lose more in this book.

----
bshelly

Latina212
Member since Apr 28th 2003
8731 posts
Tue Jul-17-07 09:33 PM

35. "what makes you think its neville?"
In response to Reply # 23

|latina212|

be fluid~~~
be water~~~

Damali
35854 posts
Tue Jul-17-07 10:07 PM

37. "a vague memory"
In response to Reply # 35

it was in either book 4 or book 5. someone mentioned that it was possible that Voldemort could have gotten Harry and Neville mixed up...

can someone clarify this for me?

d

poplock.blogspot.com

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44688 posts
Wed Jul-18-07 12:36 AM

39. "It's at the end of Book 5, during the "Dumbledore tell Harry everything""
In response to Reply # 37

speech. He says that the prophecy that the chosen one's parents have survived three attacks by Voldemort, and that applies to both Harry and Neville. There might be some more to it, but that's the gist of it.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

Damali
35854 posts
Wed Jul-18-07 05:29 AM

40. "yes"
In response to Reply # 39

so based on that, i think Neville will be the one to finally kill Voldemort. I predict he will turn out to be a greater wizard than any of us expect.

d

poplock.blogspot.com

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Mon Jul-16-07 04:40 PM

26. "the fuck, yo? you aired the spoiler out in your second graph. granted,"
In response to Reply # 0

i BEEN read the book. but dayum.

anywho, why do you not think that snape is straight evil?

he was copping pleas to voldemort for teaching harry occlumency, granted. (he could have taught him wrong... i forget what his excuse was)

ion't know.

peace & blessings,

x.

Damali
35854 posts
Mon Jul-16-07 08:23 PM

29. "LOL sorry i did say 'spoilers' :)"
In response to Reply # 26

and about Snape...if Dumbledore says he trusts Snape 100%, then that's convincing enough for me to believe that he is truly on Dumbledore's (and Harry's) side. But that doesn't mean he isn't evil.. of course he is. but it was re-directed...for a bit, anyway

d

poplock.blogspot.com

Invisiblist
Charter member
33760 posts
Mon Jul-16-07 09:55 PM

31. "You're gonna have to translate this from plea-cop to English."
In response to Reply # 29

Because this shit makes no sense at all.

>and about Snape...if Dumbledore says he trusts Snape 100%,
>then that's convincing enough for me to believe that he is
>truly on Dumbledore's (and Harry's) side. But that doesn't
>mean he isn't evil.. of course he is. but it was
>re-directed...for a bit, anyway
>
>d
>
>poplock.blogspot.com

Damali
35854 posts
Tue Jul-17-07 10:01 AM

32. "relax on the snark."
In response to Reply # 31

i'm just saying that it's obvious that Snape is not a "good" person, per se. But he has some kind of agreement, or perhaps an Unbreakable Vow with Dumbledore that none of us readers nor the characters in the book are aware of. I believe Dumbledore when he says that Snape can be trusted because he wouldn't make such an emphatic statement like that if it weren't true..

d

poplock.blogspot.com

Invisiblist
Charter member
33760 posts
Tue Jul-17-07 11:04 PM

38. "nah."
In response to Reply # 32

Latina212
Member since Apr 28th 2003
8731 posts
Tue Jul-17-07 09:35 PM

36. "he also could have hurt harry when he was fleeing the school..."
In response to Reply # 26

instead he kept blocking harry's spells
and telling him what he was doing wrong

|latina212|

be fluid~~~
be water~~~

Damali
35854 posts
Tue Jul-17-07 08:50 PM

34. "4 days!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

poplock.blogspot.com

Damali
35854 posts
Thu Jul-19-07 08:45 AM

41. "2 days!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Thu Jul-19-07 10:39 AM

44. "it's getting hard not to look for spoilers"
In response to Reply # 41

especially when the fucking new york times ran a fucking review today.

----
bshelly

agentzero
Member since Apr 12th 2007
1907 posts
Thu Jul-19-07 04:24 PM

45. "RE: it's getting hard not to look for spoilers"
In response to Reply # 44

i know ...

how was the review?

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Thu Jul-19-07 04:48 PM

46. "don't know. haven't looked."
In response to Reply # 45

----
bshelly

JungleSouljah
Member since Sep 24th 2002
14987 posts
Thu Jul-19-07 05:10 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
47. "Do NOT google 'Deathly Hallows review'"
In response to Reply # 0

I was trying to get a look at the NYTimes review, because I had heard that large fines were threatned if anything major was given away. Apparently, they lied. I'm mad. I'm not REAL mad. But I'm upset at what I learned.

The 4th Annual Residency Encampment: Where do we go from here?

All you see is crime in the source code.

agentzero
1907 posts
Thu Jul-19-07 05:52 PM

48. "RE: Do NOT google 'Deathly Hallows review'"
In response to Reply # 47

thanks i wont do it apparently i wont leave my house for the next two days.ALl these spoilers and shit make me do that.Haha just joking but the danger of ruining the whole book is big
I have holidays and i am going to finish rereading book six and on saturday i am going to pick up my copy.

How wil you read the book?Will you try to read it slower and enjoy the last book or will you rush and read it as fast as possible(for me it doesnt take more than a day.)

Damali
35854 posts
Fri Jul-20-07 07:54 AM

50. "i've been thinking about this"
In response to Reply # 48

>How wil you read the book?Will you try to read it slower and
>enjoy the last book or will you rush and read it as fast as
>possible(for me it doesnt take more than a day.)

i've decided that i will read thru it once quickly in order to finish. Then i will re-read it more slowly to soak in the details.

>

poplock.blogspot.com

Damali
35854 posts
Fri Jul-20-07 07:55 AM

51. "why would want to read a review anyway?"
In response to Reply # 47

especially if you're already a fan of the series. I have no desire to read anything but the book itself.

and Rowling is pissed at the NYT. she wants to do away with early reviews altogether.

d

poplock.blogspot.com

JungleSouljah
Member since Sep 24th 2002
14987 posts
Fri Jul-20-07 10:45 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
56. "I didn't even get to read the review"
In response to Reply # 51

I was enticed by the little blurb on the front page of the Times that said the finale had better closure than the Sopranos ending, which was no surprise to anyone. So I figured it couldn't hurt to read it based on what I heard on NPR a couple days ago: Rowling threatened to sue any major media outlet who leaked significant spoilers. And the Times is a reputable paper, they've rarely let me down in the past. I tried to sign in to just skim the review, but I had forgotten all my login info. So I figured I'd google the review and someone would have swiped it on a blog. Before I even CLICKED on a link, there were spoilers on the results page. Not cool.

The 4th Annual Residency Encampment: Where do we go from here?

All you see is crime in the source code.

Damali
35854 posts
Fri Jul-20-07 07:51 AM

49. "1 day!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

poplock.blogspot.com

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44688 posts
Fri Jul-20-07 08:05 AM

52. "All I know is that I've set aside all tomorrow to do nothing"
In response to Reply # 49

I plan on parking my ass on my futon, a stack of CDs and a pitcher of lemonade next to me, and doing nothing except read the book. Might get a haircut, but that's about it.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

Damali
35854 posts
Fri Jul-20-07 08:23 AM

53. "me too"
In response to Reply # 52

it will probably be the most relaxing day i've ever had.

d

poplock.blogspot.com

agentzero
1907 posts
Fri Jul-20-07 10:35 AM

54. "RE: All I know is that I've set aside all tomorrow to do nothing"
In response to Reply # 52

>I plan on parking my ass on my futon, a stack of CDs and a
>pitcher of lemonade next to me, and doing nothing except read
>the book.

Yeah man you know my routine....

I am officially hyped.Just some hours to go until i can start reading the final book.Lets see what J.K. Rowling has for us

JBoogs
Charter member
31222 posts
Fri Jul-20-07 10:37 AM

55. "yall preordered it?"
In response to Reply # 49

Livin in a system - pagan
Every time you get pay - pay gone

Every Sunday come them gone altar
Preacher know the truth is what they alter

Night stalker
Member since Aug 05th 2005
1211 posts
Fri Jul-20-07 10:58 AM

57. "Hell fuck yeah !!!!"
In response to Reply # 55

Preordered the shit out that bitch like 2 or 3 months ago

agentzero
1907 posts
Fri Jul-20-07 11:42 AM

58. "RE: Hell fuck yeah !!!!"
In response to Reply # 57

yes i preordered it too ...i hope amazon comes through with the fast as hell shipping...

i am really thinking about camping

hahaha

JBoogs
Charter member
31222 posts
Fri Jul-20-07 11:47 AM

59. "lol i hear some ppl have been getting it early from preorders"
In response to Reply # 58

all this week, including today

Livin in a system - pagan
Every time you get pay - pay gone

Every Sunday come them gone altar
Preacher know the truth is what they alter

Damali
35854 posts
Fri Jul-20-07 01:07 PM

60. "nope."
In response to Reply # 55
Fri Jul-20-07 01:07 PM by Damali

i've never had a problem walking into a bookstore of the day of and buying one.

d

poplock.blogspot.com

Damali
35854 posts
Fri Jul-20-07 01:12 PM

61. "My Offical Predictions."
In response to Reply # 0

*Neville saves Harry's life somehow and then gets killed.
*Neville kills Voldemort before he dies.
*Snape helps Neville kill Voldemort
*Harry accidentally kills Malfoy
*Dobby kills Kreacher.
*Hermione drops out of Hogwarts to go help Harry
*Percy forgives mum and dad.
*Dumbledore returns in some other form
*Ron and Hermoine snog.

i think that's it for now..

d

poplock.blogspot.com

janey
Charter member
123124 posts
Tue Jul-24-07 02:05 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
62. "up"
In response to Reply # 0

~~~~~

It is painful in the extreme to live with questions rather than with answers, but that is the only honorable intellectual course. (c) Norman Mailer

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #298906 Previous topic | Next topic