Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #297660

Subject: "The Official Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix post" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Melanism
Charter member
20451 posts
Mon Jul-09-07 08:20 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The Official Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix post"

Two days and counting.

Unfortunately, I have to wait until Saturday to see this with friends at IMAX.

Here's the Variety review:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

A Warner Bros. release of a Heyday Films production. Produced by David Heyman, David Barron. Executive producer, Lionel Wigram. Co-producer, John Trehy. Directed by David Yates. Screenplay, Michael Goldenberg, based on the novel by J.K. Rowling.

Harry Potter - Daniel Radcliffe
Ron Weasley - Rupert Grint
Hermione Granger - Emma Watson
Bellatrix Lestrange - Helena Bonham Carter
Rubeus Hagrid - Robbie Coltrane
Lord Voldemort - Ralph Fiennes
Albus Dumbledore - Michael Gambon
Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody - Brendan Gleeson
Vernon Dursley - Richard Griffiths
Lucius Malfoy - Jason Isaacs
Sirius Black - Gary Oldman
Severus Snape - Alan Rickman
Petunia Dursley - Fiona Shaw
Minerva McGonagall - Maggie Smith
Dolores Umbridge - Imelda Staunton
Remus Lupin - David Thewlis
Sybil Trelawney - Emma Thompson
Argus Filch - David Bradley
Filius Flitwick - Warwick Davis
Draco Malfoy - Tom Felton
Cornelius Fudge - Robert Hardy
Mrs. Weasley - Julie Walters
Arthur Weasley - Mark Williams
Cho Chang - Katie Leung
Neville Longbottom - Matthew Lewis
Luna Lovegood - Evanna Lynch
Ginny Weasley - Bonnie Wright

By TODD MCCARTHY
The students at Hogwarts leave youthful hijinks behind once and for all in "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix." Considerably grimmer and grittier than the previous pictures in the phenomenally successful series, new entry finds the young charges' head-on collision with adolescence taking a backseat to their sober confrontation with unvarnished evil. Pottermania will reach a peak in July with the nearly simultaneous release of the fifth film and the seventh and final book, and only commercial concern for Warner Bros. may be that, after the second or third week, curiosity about the concluding tome could overshadow interest in the film.

Extravagantly produced in the expected manner, pic nevertheless marks a notable departure in tone from those that preceded it. From the opening scene, portents of bad tidings ahead hang over everyone and everything connected to the wizarding world, even as the magical establishment insists there is no threat at large in the land.

Altered feel this time around stems in large measure from the new blood recruited to push the franchise into ever-darker domains. Director David Yates, heretofore known mostly for his television work (and already engaged to helm the sixth film); screenwriter Michael Goldenberg, replacing series perennial Steve Kloves; and composer Nicholas Hooper, whose vigorously dramatic music uses only a smidgen of John Williams' themes, make the most decisive difference in steering the focus away from flights of fancy and in-house intrigue in favor of elaborate and sometimes heavy-handed foreshadowing of the inevitable showdown between Harry and Lord Voldemort.

Concentrated focus results in an unsettling mood and dramatic scenes of unusual intensity. But condensing the book, which at 870 pages is the longest J.K. Rowling has written, into the shortest film in the series has come at a price. Many viewers won't at all mind that this is the first "Potter" picture without a Quidditch match, nor that house elves and cutesy ghosts are largely absent as well.

But more serious is the diminishment of the myriad intrigues among individuals and factions that comprise so much of the stories' delightfully complicated fabric. Interplay detailing the fluctuating relationships involving Harry, Hermione, Ron (particularly slighted here), Cho Chang and intriguing newcomer Luna Lovegood (Evanna Lynch) is sacrificed in favor of repeated group scenes of Harry teaching his clandestine band of teenage warriors the finer points of wand work. Classroom scenes are scanted and a sense of the school year passing is minute, giving the film a flattened-out feel compared to the wondrous eventfulness of Mike Newell's "Goblet of Fire," the last and most successful series installment.

Current yarn commences at the end of a parched English summer, when Harry (Daniel Radcliffe, back with a clean-cut look) lands in hot water with the Ministry of Magic for issuing a forbidden curse to fend off an attack by two Dementors. Harry's Inquisition-like hearing, where he narrowly escapes expulsion from Hogwarts thanks to the unexpected intervention of Dumbledore (Michael Gambon), sets out the central conflict: The Ministry refuses to accept Harry's contention that Lord Voldemort is back and, in fact, is prepared to put all its propaganda muscle into discrediting Harry and Dumbledore.

To this end, the Ministry imposes one of its own as this year's professor of the Dark Arts. Dolores Umbridge is one of Rowling's most delicious -- and resonantly named -- creations; a stout, toad-like woman reliably clad in shades of pink, Umbridge is a party functionary par excellence, a rules-and-regulations fanatic with a whim of iron who cloaks her proscriptive edicts in dulcet tones and manufactured smiles. Imelda Staunton was the perfect choice for the part and unsurprisingly emerges as one of the film's greatest pleasures.

Umbridge wastes no time clamping down on Harry, the other kids and the Hogwarts staff; assuming more power virtually by the day, she puts her most outspoken student in painful detention, prohibits the learning of practical curses, begins firing wayward teachers and ultimately confronts Dumbledore to assert complete Ministry control over the school.

In response, Harry assembles an underground rebel band known as Dumbledore's Army. The intense way these passages are staged lead one to believe they are the scenes that most engaged the interest of director Yates, who seems to relish the image of Harry and Hermione as nascent revolutionary leaders.

Similarly prominent are Harry's renewed relationship with his beloved godfather Sirius Black (Gary Oldman), hiding away in the secret family homestead in London, and his nightmarish visions of Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes), with whom he increasingly feels a disturbingly strong connection. It gets so bad that he is forced to receive private tutoring from the dreaded Professor Snape, whose distaste for the task could not be more pronounced. Until shortly before the end, Snape has very little to do, but Alan Rickman may have outdone himself; seldom has an actor done more with less than he does here.

Climactic showdown between Harry's crew and Voldemort's henchmen, led by Lucius Malfoy (Jason Isaacs), is strikingly played out in a huge Ministry storeroom filled with shelved grapefruit-sized globes containing prophecies. One such sphere concerning Harry is of vital interest to Voldemort, and performing especially well on his behalf is Sirius' malignant cousin Bellatrix Lestrange, embodied by Helena Bonham Carter with a particularly maniacal glee.

It doesn't take much of a leap to connect the ill winds afflicting Hogwarts, along with the sweaty anticipation of inevitable conflict, with the present situation in the world at large. The metaphors are all implicit and have a lot to do with just growing up and facing unpleasant realities, but they increasingly contribute to the feeling of nervousness and unease creeping into the series. It will be interesting to see if general anticipation for the two remaining films holds fast or tails off once the epic series' conclusion is revealed in the final book.

Camera (Technicolor, JDC widescreen), Slawomir Idziak; editor, Mark Day; music, Nicholas Hooper; production designer, Stuart Craig; supervising art director, Neil Lamont; senior art director, Andrew Ackland-Snow; art directors, Mark Bartholomew, Alastair Bullock, Martin Schadler, Gary Tomkins, Alex Walker; set decorator, Stephenie McMillan; costume designer, Jany Temime; sound (Dolby Digital/DTS/SDDS), Stuart Wilson; supervising sound editor, James Mather; sound designer, Andy Kennedy; co-sound designer, James Boyle; re-recording mixers, Mike Prestwood Smith, Mark Taylor, Doug Cooper; visual effects supervisor, Tim Burke; special effects supervisor, John Richardson; special visual effects and animation, Industrial Light & Magic; visual effects, the Moving Picture Co., Framestore-CFC, Rising Sun Picture, Cinesite (Europe), Baseblack, Machine Effects; creature & makeup effects designer, Nick Dudman; stunt coordinator, Greg Powell; associate producer, Tim Lewis; assistant director, Cliff Lanning; second unit director, Stephen Woolfenden; second unit camera, Mike Brewster; casting, Fiona Weir. Reviewed at Warner Bros. studios, Burbank, June 28, 2007. MPAA Rating: PG-13. Running time: 139 MIN.

Read the full article at:
http://www.variety.com/story.asp?l=story&r=VE1117934037&c=31

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
New writer and a new director
Jul 09th 2007
Wednesday IMAX check-in.
Jul 09th 2007
same
Jul 09th 2007
FUCK! All the IMAX showings except for 10 and 12 AM are SOLD OUT in NYC
Jul 10th 2007
did you try Garden City?
Jul 10th 2007
*pops collar*
Jul 11th 2007
does anyone else think the films really pale in comparison
Jul 09th 2007
Yeah, pretty much
Jul 09th 2007
      I agree
Jul 10th 2007
I have to go see it by myself...
Jul 09th 2007
The reviews
Jul 10th 2007
I'm excited about seeing this film...
Jul 10th 2007
I saw it monday night.
Jul 10th 2007
I'm pissed that I couldn't make the midnight show. :(
Jul 10th 2007
I just got back from a theater in Burbank
Jul 11th 2007
Saw it last night... (Spoiler.....kinda)
Jul 11th 2007
cats got problems with this
Jul 11th 2007
the best HP movie to date
Jul 11th 2007
RE: The Official Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix post
Jul 11th 2007
I liked the new Harold the Potna movie (n/m)
Jul 11th 2007
what trailer was it + 10,000 BC (that fantasy trailer) oh yeah Stardust
Jul 11th 2007
i liked the novel but i dunno about this movie thing
Jul 11th 2007
SERIOUSLY cant wait!
Jul 11th 2007
It was okay, but something felt off (SPOILERS)
Jul 11th 2007
imelda staunton was okay, imo.
Jul 11th 2007
RE: It was okay, but something felt off (SPOILERS)
Jul 12th 2007
on Draco:
Jul 12th 2007
      you're right
Jul 12th 2007
RE: It was okay, but something felt off (SPOILERS)
Jul 17th 2007
      Imelda Staunton played Dolores Umbridge.
Jul 17th 2007
           oh right right
Jul 18th 2007
well,
Jul 11th 2007
RE: well,
Jul 12th 2007
just got back from seeing it. best one yet, i think
Jul 11th 2007
RE: just got back from seeing it. best one yet, i think
Jul 12th 2007
      this one and Prisoner of Azkaban are my favorites
Jul 12th 2007
some things i noticed:
Jul 12th 2007
My girlfriend said the same thing about Maggie
Jul 12th 2007
Seamus is Scottish, not Irish.
Jul 12th 2007
      thanks. I always get those two mixed up
Jul 12th 2007
      don't worry
Jul 12th 2007
      no, he's Irish
Jul 17th 2007
i enjoyed it
Jul 12th 2007
I read somewhere
Jul 12th 2007
mixed feelings
Jul 12th 2007
what did you think of book 6?
Jul 12th 2007
      RE: what did you think of book 6?
Jul 12th 2007
This was my least favorite of the books, but the movie was alright
Jul 12th 2007
wrong reply.
Jul 12th 2007
Question For Those Who Saw It (spoilers I guess)
Jul 12th 2007
oooooh that's juicy!!! (spoilers)
Jul 12th 2007
Luna is probably going to be the main love interest
Jul 12th 2007
luna had too big of a part in the movie
Jul 12th 2007
Kreacher?
Jul 12th 2007
According to wikipedia...
Jul 12th 2007
it's gotta be Kreacher. I'll tell you why.
Jul 12th 2007
You mean the locket?
Jul 12th 2007
yeah, the locket that wasn't at the bottom of the bowl.
Jul 17th 2007
very very nice.
Jul 12th 2007
Could be Bellatrix (swipe)
Jul 13th 2007
      Bellatrix was always in the OOTP movie because....
Jul 13th 2007
           I forgot to give you some context regarding her above comments
Jul 13th 2007
                i see what you mean
Jul 13th 2007
Jul 13th 2007
i don't agree
Jul 13th 2007
      hated gof witha passion
Jul 14th 2007
Good but not the best
Jul 13th 2007
i wasn't to thrillied about this one...
Jul 14th 2007
just how i felt
Jul 14th 2007
I liked it until the end (Spoilers)
Jul 14th 2007
I actually liked how they handled it (spoilers)
Jul 16th 2007
didn't like it.
Jul 15th 2007
Not a good stand-alone, but good for the series
Jul 15th 2007
I think this is the best movie so far. ESPECIALLY in light of the fact t...
Jul 15th 2007
I was dragged into seeing this
Jul 15th 2007
RE: I was dragged into seeing this SPOILER!!!!!!!
Jul 17th 2007
LOL at Serious Black!!!!!
Jul 17th 2007
3rd movie > 5th movie > 4th movie > 1st 2 movies
Jul 17th 2007
      Agree and agree
Jul 19th 2007
Jul 17th 2007
did you guys notice dumbledore as the bartender???
Jul 17th 2007
huh? you mean at the first d.a. meeting?
Jul 18th 2007
whoa. i didn't notice that at all
Jul 19th 2007
they are listed as diff actors in the credits
Jul 20th 2007
      it's Dumbledore's brother, Aberforth, not Albus...
Jul 20th 2007
up
Jul 24th 2007
this is about the movie.
Jul 24th 2007

SienaBlaze
Charter member
2596 posts
Mon Jul-09-07 11:32 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "New writer and a new director"
In response to Reply # 0

I have reservations

Siena Blaze
http://www.myspace.com/sienablaze

ZooTown74
Member since May 29th 2002
43582 posts
Mon Jul-09-07 12:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Wednesday IMAX check-in."
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Jul-09-07 12:39 PM by ZooTown74

Michi
Charter member
1391 posts
Mon Jul-09-07 01:29 PM

4. "same"
In response to Reply # 2

The SFX look bananas. It must be seen on IMAX. The best part of the IMAX experience is that there are fewer kids there.

Melanism
Charter member
20451 posts
Tue Jul-10-07 07:49 AM

7. "FUCK! All the IMAX showings except for 10 and 12 AM are SOLD OUT in NYC"
In response to Reply # 2
Tue Jul-10-07 07:49 AM by Melanism

From tomorrow to Monday

-------------------
"Fuck yo couch, nigga!" - Tom Cruise

http://melanism.com
http://preptimeposse.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/melanism
http://www.last.fm/user/Melanism/

SienaBlaze
Charter member
2596 posts
Tue Jul-10-07 11:15 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "did you try Garden City?"
In response to Reply # 7

Siena Blaze

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35865 posts
Wed Jul-11-07 11:29 AM

15. "*pops collar*"
In response to Reply # 2

i just got 1 ticket from some chick on craigslist. 830pm tonite! my kids are gonna be mad that i'm seeing it without them but whatever. i won't be interrupted for bathroom breaks.

d

poplock.blogspot.com

Science_Fiction
Charter member
42096 posts
Mon Jul-09-07 12:29 PM

3. "does anyone else think the films really pale in comparison"
In response to Reply # 0

to the books?
i did enjoy the last one, but im just saying.

With all due respect...
ask around.

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44718 posts
Mon Jul-09-07 01:48 PM

5. "Yeah, pretty much"
In response to Reply # 3

I can barely watch the movies after I see them for the first time in the theaters.

However, I get the feeling that this movie will do the big fight scene at the end better than the book. But then again, Order of the Phoenix was my lease favorite book, aside from the climatic fight scene.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

SienaBlaze
Charter member
2596 posts
Tue Jul-10-07 01:03 PM

10. "I agree"
In response to Reply # 5

The first 500 pages of the book were a complete waste of my time. That fight scene at the end better be potrayed well. I kind of hoped it would give the movie an R rating.

Siena Blaze

lovelyone80
Member since Dec 15th 2004
50065 posts
Mon Jul-09-07 03:36 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "I have to go see it by myself..."
In response to Reply # 0

will probably run past the theatre today though to see if they are selling tickets for sunday show. it's only $5 before noon, so I know parents are going to be out with the kids

J Fabuluz
Member since Jan 30th 2004
1004 posts
Tue Jul-10-07 08:54 AM

8. "The reviews"
In response to Reply # 6

are saying its the 1st movie to actually be better on on par with the book and im excited about that.

earthseed
Member since Feb 26th 2004
26989 posts
Tue Jul-10-07 05:11 PM

11. "I'm excited about seeing this film..."
In response to Reply # 0

I have a couple of people looking at me weird when I say this, but to hell with them.

now go runtelldat, ho.

cormon
Member since Jan 24th 2005
414 posts
Tue Jul-10-07 08:33 PM

12. "I saw it monday night."
In response to Reply # 0

The final battle scene was great. The movie overall was very good.

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86672 posts
Tue Jul-10-07 10:25 PM

13. "I'm pissed that I couldn't make the midnight show. :("
In response to Reply # 0

But my friend just bought a vaporizer, so we may go this weekend stoned out of our minds.

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Wed Jul-11-07 12:40 AM

14. "I just got back from a theater in Burbank"
In response to Reply # 13
Wed Jul-11-07 12:41 AM by ZooTown74

They're showing the movie at 12:01 on 4 screens

All sold out

All have lines going around various corners of the buildings in the area

There were sizeable lines lining up around 5 PM for this jaunt

And there were many ladies with Harry Potter merchandise/homeade HP shirts

Didn't see many kids dressed as wizards or any shit like that

hilfger21
Member since Dec 05th 2005
779 posts
Wed Jul-11-07 11:52 AM

16. "Saw it last night... (Spoiler.....kinda)"
In response to Reply # 0

very good....

not my favorite of the series... but I like the direction its going towards....

the kids are getting older.... therefore the films are getting darker.........

the final battle scene is awesome

SPOILER!!!!!!

people went mad crazy when Harry had the makeout session... LOL

it was funny

--------------------------------------

http://www.last.fm/user/hilfger21

"we venture through the streets in search of funky beats
extensive is the travels and it's heavy on the sneaks"

MisterGrump
Charter member
32144 posts
Wed Jul-11-07 02:30 PM

18. "cats got problems with this"
In response to Reply # 16

that the stories are getting darker

But I actually like that about the movies(I haven't read the books)!!!

dkos22
Member since Jul 07th 2005
251 posts
Wed Jul-11-07 11:58 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
17. "the best HP movie to date"
In response to Reply # 0

go into the 12:10am showing at The Bridge in L.A. last night. We got to the theater at 10pm and there were already a ton of wizards and witches there in line.

my wife is married to me but in love with harry so she HAD to be there for the first showing. i'm not the biggest HP fan (have only read the first book but have seen all the films) but this film, by far, is the best of the franchise! much darker than the previous films and really well directed.

peace.

power concedes nothing without a demand - frederick douglass

Abraham
Charter member
707 posts
Wed Jul-11-07 03:36 PM

19. "RE: The Official Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix post"
In response to Reply # 0

Eventually I'm gonna' see this jawn... guess I'll just wait for the hype to die down a bit...
I couldn't wait for TF but this I think I can wait like a week or two..hahaa

-AbE
Deejay Evillincoln...
"Not from the P.J's yet I still got something to say..."-Plug 1
"There goes that sinking feeling again..."- Optimus Prime
"No matter how many times the ball bounces.. there's still no bones in ice cream- Nice N' Smooth

Allah
Charter member
47756 posts
Wed Jul-11-07 03:44 PM

20. "I liked the new Harold the Potna movie (n/m)"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.facebook.com/divineruler
__gigs__
__stuff__

Allah
Charter member
47756 posts
Wed Jul-11-07 04:19 PM

21. "what trailer was it + 10,000 BC (that fantasy trailer) oh yeah Stardust"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Jul-11-07 04:28 PM by Allah

what did y'all think of that one? Looks similar to the Golden Compass trailer ...........

http://www.facebook.com/divineruler
__gigs__
__stuff__

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Wed Jul-11-07 05:35 PM

23. "i liked the novel but i dunno about this movie thing"
In response to Reply # 21

it's the kind of book that imo would be impossible to do as a movie unless it got the lotr treatment, and the cast has a lot of reputation that would seem to make that less than possible.

we'll see.

Ms_MynTight
Member since Jun 01st 2002
4073 posts
Wed Jul-11-07 04:51 PM

22. "SERIOUSLY cant wait!"
In response to Reply # 0

n/m
Everybody's got a lil light unda the sun....

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Wed Jul-11-07 06:54 PM

24. "It was okay, but something felt off (SPOILERS)"
In response to Reply # 0

Like it just breezed through the story in order to get to the next chapter

In other words, Michael Goldenberg boiled the movie down to a setup for the next two

I guess what I'm really saying is the movie could have been just a smidge longer

Imelda Staunton was THEE SHIT, though

And the finale in IMAX 3D was DOPE, I had never experienced IMAX 3D before... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

These joints have been like the British All-Stars of Acting, it's fun to watch these "serious" actors inhabit this world with complete respect for it

'Twas okay

WhiteNotion
Charter member
2538 posts
Wed Jul-11-07 09:39 PM

26. "imelda staunton was okay, imo."
In response to Reply # 24

i thought kathryn hunter was killing it though. she stole the scene when harry was on trial. i thought staunton was better towards the end, but something was missing in the beginning. it may have been that she had to limit her development for the sake of keeping the movie short. i can't quite pinpoint it yet, but something was missing.

http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/whitenotion/

2nd2Nun
Member since Oct 27th 2004
783 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 10:00 AM

30. "RE: It was okay, but something felt off (SPOILERS)"

>Like it just breezed through the story in order to get to the
>next chapter
>
>In other words, Michael Goldenberg boiled the movie down to a
>setup for the next two
>
>I guess what I'm really saying is the movie could have been
>just a smidge longer
>

My sentiments exactly. It felt like there wasn't enough "warmth" or "depth" to the characters this time around. I'm sure it was hard to fit everything in but it was kind of a bummer. I wish they could have split the story into two movie intervals.

But, overally, I thought it was done really well. I liked this director's vision and thought he did a really good job. And the kids (besides Draco) are really coming around acting-wise.

Damali
35865 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 10:47 AM

31. "on Draco:"
In response to Reply # 30

in the actor's defence, so far, that character has been very one-dimensional...so there hasn't been much range of emotion for him to play. He hates Harry. That's the beginning and end of who he is at this point in the series. so what is an actor to do?

But the next book, Half-Blood Prince, Malfoy has a huge and complex story in it... and then we will really get to see what this actor is made of.

d

poplock.blogspot.com

2nd2Nun
783 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 02:04 PM

40. "you're right"
In response to Reply # 31

Very true. He doesn't have much to work with. #6 will be interesting to see him where he has to really have a character with some substance now.

tappenzee
Member since Sep 28th 2002
19839 posts
Tue Jul-17-07 08:31 AM

73. "RE: It was okay, but something felt off (SPOILERS)"

>
>Imelda Staunton was THEE SHIT, though

Was that the blonde chick? She was hilarious, great little actor there.

>
>And the finale in IMAX 3D was DOPE, I had never experienced
>IMAX 3D before... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Yeah that whole scene with all the globes on the shelves looked amazing in 3-D. I did feel a little silly and from the 1980's wearing the glasses, but I got over it quickly.

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Tue Jul-17-07 11:33 AM

75. "Imelda Staunton played Dolores Umbridge."
In response to Reply # 73

But I thought the little girl was loopily good as well

tappenzee
Member since Sep 28th 2002
19839 posts
Wed Jul-18-07 02:49 PM

81. "oh right right"
In response to Reply # 75

Did anyone else think she looked an awful lot like Laura Bush?

Invisiblist
Charter member
33760 posts
Wed Jul-11-07 09:35 PM

25. "well,"
In response to Reply # 0

this was the first one that was really hurt from not being long enough.

The other ones made decisions that left fan favorite moments out, but still mostly got the point across. I'm okay with things getting changed, as long as the feel is still the same.

This shit fit too many fan moments in but lost the feel.

I WILL say, however, that the chick the played Umbridge OWNS the character more than anyone else in the series owns their character. Umbridge was......man, all I can say is she better get nominated at minimum.

This was the first one that convinced me that Radcliffe can have a real career after the series is over.

It's obvious that Luna is the real Love interest. Notice how in EVERY scene she and Cho are RIGHT NEXT to each other.

The kiss was fuckin terrible. I know Radcliffe is getting hoes. This is unacceptable, Daniel. You can't choke on camera, dude.

The fight scene with the kids missed the fucking point.

The fight scene with Voldemort vs. Dumbledore was 10x as good as the book.

The end.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85075 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 01:00 PM

37. "RE: well,"
In response to Reply # 25

>this was the first one that was really hurt from not being
>long enough.

well, i think we knew that going in because the book was 800+ pages

>The other ones made decisions that left fan favorite moments
>out, but still mostly got the point across. I'm okay with
>things getting changed, as long as the feel is still the same.

same

>This shit fit too many fan moments in but lost the feel.

i agree

>I WILL say, however, that the chick the played Umbridge OWNS
>the character more than anyone else in the series owns their
>character. Umbridge was......man, all I can say is she better
>get nominated at minimum.

Definitely. I hated her in the book, and it translated perfectly to the movie. It was niggas in the audience like "damn I hope she die"

>This was the first one that convinced me that Radcliffe can
>have a real career after the series is over.

I agree

>It's obvious that Luna is the real Love interest. Notice how
>in EVERY scene she and Cho are RIGHT NEXT to each other.

Luna was a nut. I think the director ran the love triangle wrong because IIRC, in the books, it's fairly clear Harry likes Cho

>The kiss was fuckin terrible. I know Radcliffe is getting
>hoes. This is unacceptable, Daniel. You can't choke on camera,
>dude.

HELL YEAH

>The fight scene with the kids missed the fucking point.

How?

>The fight scene with Voldemort vs. Dumbledore was 10x as good
>as the book.

Definitely. This is the biggest advantage the movies have over the books is the visualization.

>The end.

<--- Big Baller World Order

bobbyjames
Member since Feb 10th 2006
565 posts
Wed Jul-11-07 11:49 PM

27. "just got back from seeing it. best one yet, i think"
In response to Reply # 0

J Fabuluz
Member since Jan 30th 2004
1004 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 07:27 AM

28. "RE: just got back from seeing it. best one yet, i think"
In response to Reply # 27

Thats what im talking about I can't wait to see it this weekend

bobbyjames
Member since Feb 10th 2006
565 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 02:27 PM

43. "this one and Prisoner of Azkaban are my favorites"
In response to Reply # 28

Damali
35865 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 07:58 AM

29. "some things i noticed:"
In response to Reply # 0

-Radcliffe, Watson and Grint seem to have developed a harder-edged English accent as they've gotten older. their inflections made me have to work a bit harder to understand them. the same with that boy that plays Seamus...i loved how his Irish accent was a stark contrast to the others.

-the filmmakers/editors don't seem to be doing a very good job at deciding exactly how big Hagrid is in relation to the others. In some shots, he's only a foot or so bigger than the kids, in others, he completely dwarfs them. They need to do a better job with the editing for his character.

-they need to hurry and finish the films before some of the older actors start dying. I'm a bit worried for Maggie Smith. she looked kinda sickly

-did Petunia always dress like a dimestore slut? her wardrobe just seemed so out of place

d

poplock.blogspot.com

BrooklynWHAT
85075 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 01:01 PM

38. "My girlfriend said the same thing about Maggie"
In response to Reply # 29

Invisiblist
Charter member
33760 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 05:06 PM

45. "Seamus is Scottish, not Irish."
In response to Reply # 29

Yeah, I couldn't understand half of what Ron said, which sucks because I'm sure it was funny.

Damali
35865 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 05:09 PM

46. "thanks. I always get those two mixed up"
In response to Reply # 45

i'm sure if i had Scottish and/or Irish friends, i'd learn the difference. but, alas.

d

poplock.blogspot.com

Invisiblist
Charter member
33760 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 05:16 PM

49. "don't worry"
In response to Reply # 46

I only know for certain because I know Scotland is who he pulls for in the world cup.

Michi
Charter member
1391 posts
Tue Jul-17-07 11:15 AM

74. "no, he's Irish"
In response to Reply # 45

I wiki'd it. The actor and the character are both Irish.

zero
Charter member
8108 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 11:48 AM

32. "i enjoyed it"
In response to Reply # 0

i'm by no means a big harry potter fan, have not read any books, and only saw one movie and thats because it was directed by cuaron. that said, i liked this movie quite a bit. the special effects were mostly on-point and weren't distractingly plastic too often, but thats a minor quibble.

does anyone else think its funny how these movies seem to be single-handedly employing the bulk of british character actors? i mean, they've casted everyone except for the people that were in lord of the rings (the ians mcholm and mckellan, for two examples) but they do a good job reppin' everybody else: ralph fiennes, brendan gleeson, imelda staunton, david thewlis, emma thompson, etc. hell, they even cast warwick freakin' davis!

SienaBlaze
Charter member
2596 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 12:56 PM

35. "I read somewhere"
In response to Reply # 32

probably wikipedia that Rowling sold the rights to the movie with the condition that only British actors are cast in the roles

Siena Blaze

jane eyre
Member since Jan 16th 2007
715 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 12:07 PM

33. "mixed feelings"
In response to Reply # 0

order of the phoenix is my least favorite book in the series. it's the first time i had serious doubts about whether or not the final book would be a pay off for all the time i've invested as a reader into the series. i started wondering if j.k. could pull it off.

within the first 10 minutes, i found that i liked the movie a lot more than i liked book 5. to me, the movie sorta helps the book out. i eavesdropped on two guys sitting in front of me at the movies last night. guy #1 told guy #2 that he was skeptical about the movie because he didn't think goldberg could tell the story better than rowling. in some respects, i think he does, especially when it comes down to portraying the "bigger picture" struggle between good and evil.

i definitely missed different things from the book, which suprised me. in a weird way, i think that's a credit to the screenwriter and director and not the book. anyhow, i doubt that i'd enjoy a movie that was more faithful to book 5.

my opinion about movie 5 ends up being my opinion about book 5, just for different reasons: i like the series so i'm gonna enjoy it regardless but i'm not feeling story 5 in the first place, in a way that makes me not care too much about why i feel that way...so my plan is to wait for the next installment and hope it's not more of the same thing while i wonder if any of this has to do with rowling being so-so in the storytelling department.

Damali
35865 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 12:30 PM

34. "what did you think of book 6?"
In response to Reply # 33

poplock.blogspot.com

jane eyre
Member since Jan 16th 2007
715 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 09:33 PM

52. "RE: what did you think of book 6?"
In response to Reply # 34
Thu Jul-12-07 09:35 PM by jane eyre

it's my favorite book besides book four. rowling delivers when it comes suspense, adventure, and suprise. plus, i got to use my imagination a lot. it was a fun read all the way through and i wanted to be thrilled and i was. i like that life and choices get more complicated for some of the characters, too. malfoy and voldy were interesting developments. so was the romance stuff. it'd be cool if malfoy makes a choice at a crucial time to break ranks so that he ends up helping harry in book 7.

i became more ok with feeling that rowling doesn't have the chops to write marathon books. i think that's related to how come i don't get geeked as much as some of my friends do about the appearance and use of clues/evidence in the series. they take it too far in a way that i don't think is warranted. it's fun, though. i decided that the books are more suspense/thriller/clever than mystery. the upside is that i think she handled the challenges that come with writing a book that long much better than she did in book 5. in preparation for book 7, i'm fully prepared to ignore her writing style because i simply want to enjoy the ride.

BrooklynWHAT
85075 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 12:56 PM

36. "This was my least favorite of the books, but the movie was alright"
In response to Reply # 0

The final battle was pretty good. But this movie/book doesn't hold a candle to the 4th.

Invisiblist
Charter member
33760 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 05:14 PM

47. "wrong reply."
In response to Reply # 36
Thu Jul-12-07 05:27 PM by Invisiblist

Melanism
Charter member
20451 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 01:31 PM

39. "Question For Those Who Saw It (spoilers I guess)"
In response to Reply # 0

So Quint from AICN reported this from the Harry Potter press conference a little bit ago (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33120):

**Finally, the big tidbit that got all the Harry Potter geeks mumbling in hushed whispers to each other. In the original draft of the screenplay for ORDER OF THE PHOENIX, they had decided to remove a character from the story. Rowling read over the screenplay and said “I wouldn’t do that if I were you,” that they were free to do whatever they liked, of course, but “if you make a 7th movie you’ll have tied your hands.”

Heyman wouldn’t reveal who that character was and all the Potter nerds (myself included) were debating the point afterwards. Theories included Grawp, Luna and Bellatrix. Luna might be a possibility, but I thought it might be extra tricky of them if they meant James Potter, who we see in a flashback (those that have read the book know what part).

Did Heyman mean that the scene was important or the character itself? Hrmmm…**

-----

So who do you think it was: Grawp? Kreacher?
-------------------

Damali
35865 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 02:06 PM

41. "oooooh that's juicy!!! (spoilers)"
In response to Reply # 39
Thu Jul-12-07 02:07 PM by Damali

well my guess would be Luna. Her character served no real purpose in the film other than to explain to Harry about vestrals. So i could see why the screenwriter might have wanted to cut her. It definitely wasn't Bellatrix cuz she factors heavily into book/movie 6. And Grawp...hm. maybe it's him. ok so i say its either one of those 2.

d

poplock.blogspot.com

Invisiblist
Charter member
33760 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 05:16 PM

48. "Luna is probably going to be the main love interest"
In response to Reply # 41

before the whole shit is over.

Notice how they barely gave Ginny any time.

Notice how Luna had EXTRA scenes that weren't in the book.

Notice how they had Luna RIGHT NEXT TO CHO in every fuckin scene they were in together.

Hm............

WhiteNotion
Charter member
2538 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 09:59 PM

53. "luna had too big of a part in the movie"
In response to Reply # 41

for them to even consider cutting her. i imagine it was a smaller character in the movie.

http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/whitenotion/

BrooklynWHAT
85075 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 02:12 PM

42. "Kreacher?"

I mean, I dont think there's been a movie house-elf since the 2nd movie. Also, Kreacher could help them figure out who RAB is.

_Ignorance_Is_Venemous_
Member since Apr 19th 2006
127 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 03:21 PM

44. "According to wikipedia..."

it's Kreacher

"Kreacher, the former Black Family house elf which passed to Harry's ownership with the death of Sirius Black, may make an appearance. Rowling told the filmmakers of Order of the Phoenix to include the character in the movie, because he is "very important", after they had omitted him in a draft of the script."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_7

^^some good stuff on there

Invisiblist
Charter member
33760 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 05:27 PM

50. "it's gotta be Kreacher. I'll tell you why."

Kreacher
knows
EVERYTHING.

Kreacher knows the locations of all the horcruxes, I'm sure.

i 'll only get into it if you guys really want me too, but I figured out (as I'm sure others have) that kreacher assisted Regulus Black (who HAS to be RAB) in fuckin' with those horcruxes.

I'll say this: if you've read book six, when Harry and Dumbledore go across the zombie lake, Albus tells Harry it's a clever trap because two people HAVE to go, not one, but that the boat will detect two WIZARDS.

He basically says that both he and Harry could get in the boat because technically Harry isn't a wizard yet, and isn't powerful enough to be detected by the boat.

Since I'm sure Regulus was the one setting the traps, we can reasonably assume that Kreacher was his assistant. Why?

Because there was a motherfucking horcrux in the Black house in book 5. YUP. Hanging from a mirror.

Look it up. I did. I control+f'd my was to this deduction using pdf files of the books. lol

BrooklynWHAT
85075 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 05:46 PM

51. "You mean the locket?"
In response to Reply # 50

Latina212
Member since Apr 28th 2003
8731 posts
Tue Jul-17-07 03:01 PM

76. "yeah, the locket that wasn't at the bottom of the bowl."
In response to Reply # 51

|latina212|

be fluid~~~
be water~~~

Damali
35865 posts
Thu Jul-12-07 10:44 PM

54. "very very nice."
In response to Reply # 50

and now that Harry is Kreacher's master, if he asks the right questions, he'll get the right answers. Kreacher HAS to tell him. wow.

i can't wait for this book!!!!!

d

poplock.blogspot.com

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Fri Jul-13-07 12:38 PM

56. "Could be Bellatrix (swipe)"

"I've been employed (already) for the last (movie). So I guess I figure in the seventh book. J.K. Rowling said Bellatrix's role was going to be significant in the last one, when I showed some reluctance in playing a tiny bit part. (Cackles) Up front, they said, ''You're very significant in the last one.'' But significant could mean a lot of things. That could just mean a significant plot point. Doesn't necessarily equal big part."

Helena Bonham Carter

BrooklynWHAT
85075 posts
Fri Jul-13-07 12:52 PM

57. "Bellatrix was always in the OOTP movie because...."
In response to Reply # 56

...she did the single most important thing in the book.

ZooTown74
43582 posts
Fri Jul-13-07 12:56 PM

58. "I forgot to give you some context regarding her above comments"
In response to Reply # 57
Fri Jul-13-07 12:57 PM by ZooTown74

She was playfully complaining to the interviewer about the fact that her one-on-one battle with Sirius had been cut out of the movie, and that David Yates had chosen a blander take of something else. Her commentary above is more of an oh, well, Rowling told me I've got a more important role in the 7th book. So, even though she does one major thing here, she apparently is going to do bigger, more major things in book 7.

And she's barely in the final cut of this movie... I'd almost forgotten she was in it until they cut to Azkaban...

BrooklynWHAT
85075 posts
Fri Jul-13-07 09:03 PM

61. "i see what you mean"
In response to Reply # 58

Stryfe
Member since Jun 16th 2002
569 posts
Fri Jul-13-07 03:32 AM

55. "RE: The Official Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix post"
In response to Reply # 0

sooooooooooooooooooooo much better then goblet of fire its ridiculous...

even with leaving out 3/4 of the book, and changing some things around..this is aa great movie..if u dont know about the stuff your missing u dont miss it..
only 2 fuck ups in the entire movie(and both are near the end of the movie)

but on the real....didnt the weasly boys steal that W shit from wu-tang clan?

patience is a virtue,but heaven awaits those who prey

xangeluvr
Charter member
9014 posts
Fri Jul-13-07 01:17 PM

59. "i don't agree"
In response to Reply # 55

Azkaban and GoF are my faves. this one lacked any real "feeling" to me. it was good, but just seemed emotionless to me.

>sooooooooooooooooooooo much better then goblet of fire its
>ridiculous...
>
>even with leaving out 3/4 of the book, and changing some
>things around..this is aa great movie..if u dont know about
>the stuff your missing u dont miss it..
>only 2 fuck ups in the entire movie(and both are near the end
>of the movie)
>
>
>but on the real....didnt the weasly boys steal that W shit
>from wu-tang clan?

Stryfe
Member since Jun 16th 2002
569 posts
Sat Jul-14-07 05:43 AM

63. "hated gof witha passion"
In response to Reply # 59

>Azkaban and GoF are my faves. this one lacked any real
>"feeling" to me. it was good, but just seemed emotionless to
>me.
>
>
>>sooooooooooooooooooooo much better then goblet of fire its
>>ridiculous...
>>
>>even with leaving out 3/4 of the book, and changing some
>>things around..this is aa great movie..if u dont know about
>>the stuff your missing u dont miss it..
>>only 2 fuck ups in the entire movie(and both are near the
>end
>>of the movie)
>>
>>
>>but on the real....didnt the weasly boys steal that W shit
>>from wu-tang clan?
>

fom the rappy editting to leaving out enitre chapters to making no sense whatsoever to the happy happy joy joy ending
If i hadn't read the book, GOF would've left me with a lot of questions and very few answers

patience is a virtue,but heaven awaits those who prey

Michi
Charter member
1391 posts
Fri Jul-13-07 05:58 PM

60. "Good but not the best"
In response to Reply # 0

VENT:
I didn't care for the new feel. I don't know whether to blame the screenwriter or the director, but it dragged between Harry's first punishment from Umbridge and the first practice of Dumbledore's army. Also, the romances were seemed to clobber me over the head except for Harry and Cho and they were the main couple.

I wanted more of the Snape memory. I really wanted to see Lilly get mad at James and show Harry that both parents weren't so perfect.

THE GOOD:
-Imelda Staunton was great! I loved that scene with her and Maggie Smith on the stairs.
-Helena Bonham Carter was really good, too. She didn't have many lines but if you ever need someone to play batshit crazy, she's your woman.-The girl who played Luna was really good even though the screenwriter made her seem like a bit of a Mary Sue. In the book she seemed more straight-up cuckoo.
- I love IMAX because I can focus on stupid little details like in the last scene Neville was wearing what looked like a baby blue Member's Only jacket or the earring Luna was wearing.
-The fight between Dumbledore and LV was wonderful. I usually don't like stream of power vs. stream of power fights but they added some great new elements to it.

dunk
Member since Aug 05th 2006
8024 posts
Sat Jul-14-07 12:36 AM

62. "i wasn't to thrillied about this one..."
In response to Reply # 0

..the editing seemed awkward

the stuff left ot of this one bothered me as well

i mean, i can understand that i you have to take stuff out but this one felt emotionless and they seem to take the lie out of the story when cutting out the sub plots from the book.

Ron and Hermoine felt very underused in this one, with Neville and Luna standing out more than them. it just felt awkward.

GOF and Askaban have been the best to me so far.

xangeluvr
Charter member
9014 posts
Sat Jul-14-07 10:43 AM

64. "just how i felt"
In response to Reply # 62

especially with ron and hermoine, seemed like they weren't in it at all.

>..the editing seemed awkward
>
>the stuff left ot of this one bothered me as well
>
>i mean, i can understand that i you have to take stuff out but
>this one felt emotionless and they seem to take the lie out of
>the story when cutting out the sub plots from the book.
>
>Ron and Hermoine felt very underused in this one, with Neville
>and Luna standing out more than them. it just felt awkward.
>
>GOF and Askaban have been the best to me so far.

SienaBlaze
Charter member
2596 posts
Sat Jul-14-07 10:40 PM

65. "I liked it until the end (Spoilers)"
In response to Reply # 0

I liked the movie. I felt it flowed well and they took the important parts of the story. It can't be easy to write a script from a book that is 805 pages.

What I didn't like
The end. Please correct me if I'm wrong but after Harry had the vision of Sirrius at didn't Kreacher tell him that Sirrius was in danger?
I hated how the killed him it was so anti climatic. I also wished they had left Wormtail in it. I expected the fight at the end to be better than it was even though some parts of it were good.

They changed the scene with Harry seeing Snape's memories. I haven't read the book in a while but what I thought happens is Harry jumps into Snapes' pensive. Why change that?

Siena Blaze

Melanism
Charter member
20451 posts
Mon Jul-16-07 01:44 PM

70. "I actually liked how they handled it (spoilers)"
In response to Reply # 65

When I read Sirus' death in the book, it happened so fast, I actually missed it and had to go back.
-------------------

shygurl
Member since Oct 08th 2002
13361 posts
Sun Jul-15-07 12:17 PM

66. "didn't like it."
In response to Reply # 0

Easily the worst movie of the potter series. I know they had to condense a lot of book into only 2 hours, but the movie just moved awkwardly to me. I didn't mind the darkness of the movie, the atmosphere matched the book imo, but seemingly major aspects of the book were passed over. One bright spot for me is Umbridge, I thought whomever played her got her dead on, but there was nothing in particular beyond that stood out to me.

I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

KingMonte
Member since Feb 13th 2006
4675 posts
Sun Jul-15-07 08:53 PM

67. "Not a good stand-alone, but good for the series"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't read the books and I understand some potentially cool shit got cut, but as a strictly movie Potter fan, I liked it.

Frank Longo
86672 posts
Sun Jul-15-07 11:37 PM

68. "I think this is the best movie so far. ESPECIALLY in light of the fact t..."
In response to Reply # 0

...this is my least favorite book. For sure. They cut a LOT of unnecessary stuff that Rowling adds for flavor that simply wouldn't work in a movie.

Radcliffe is becoming an actual actor. The special effects were pretty damn great. And what else can you say about that final fight scene?

It exceeded my expectation. This Yates guy has me excited for the next movie for sure.

will_5198
Charter member
63109 posts
Sun Jul-15-07 11:44 PM

69. "I was dragged into seeing this"
In response to Reply # 0

not having watched any Harry Potter movie in its entirety (something I was quite proud of), I didn't know anything about any characters/storyline.

it was actually pretty good. like a modern Chronicles of Narnia or LOTR (the books). now I wanna add the rest to my Netflix (dammit).

the people I saw it with said it sucked compared to the others, so *shrug*

--------

Abraham
Charter member
707 posts
Tue Jul-17-07 12:29 AM

71. "RE: I was dragged into seeing this SPOILER!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 69
Tue Jul-17-07 12:30 AM by Abraham

on a weekend too... This is why I NEVER see movies on the weekend...
People be pissing me off man... this fucking lady would NOT take her crying baby outta' the theater for like an hour... got people getting up & having their spring loaded chairs bang back & forth all loud... PLUS I had this fucking 15 year old who knew like EVERYTHING that was gonna' happen BEFORE it happened.. so he spoiled the whole Serious dying thing for me...
That was before we schooled his ass.. dam I hate that kid.
Sorry.. had to vent.
Anyway, I liked the movie... if things didn't keep taking me out of it then I'm sure I would have liked it more. But I missed whole sections cuz' of babies & puberty.
I gotta' see it again when the hype dies down.

-AbE
Deejay Evillincoln...
"Not from the P.J's yet I still got something to say..."-Plug 1
"There goes that sinking feeling again..."- Optimus Prime
"No matter how many times the ball bounces.. there's still no bones in ice cream- Nice N' Smooth

BigWorm
Charter member
10385 posts
Tue Jul-17-07 07:55 AM

72. "LOL at Serious Black!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 71

Okay I think I'm officially changing my name.

Frank Longo
86672 posts
Tue Jul-17-07 06:24 PM

78. "3rd movie > 5th movie > 4th movie > 1st 2 movies"
In response to Reply # 69

But Harry Potter's acting is much better in this one than in the other 4.

JungleSouljah
Member since Sep 24th 2002
14987 posts
Thu Jul-19-07 05:25 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
83. "Agree and agree"
In response to Reply # 78

The worst part about this one was the pacing, but then the book suffered from similar problems. I wish they hadn't messed with the ending though. It would have been nice for them to keep in the part where Dumbledore breaks down the prophecy for Harry and to explicitly show that Trewlaney was the one who made the prophecy. I think the prophecy needed to be played up just a bit more. It's a pretty central point in Half Blood Prince.

The 4th Annual Residency Encampment: Where do we go from here?

All you see is crime in the source code.

deacon
Charter member
3284 posts
Tue Jul-17-07 04:10 PM

77. "RE: The Official Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix post"
In response to Reply # 0

Good movie, but the final battle was a bit wordy for me. I am just looking forward to the final battle in Movie No. 7

Sites that I contribute to:

http://www.livefrommemphis.com

http://www.geeksofdoom.com

Latina212
Member since Apr 28th 2003
8731 posts
Tue Jul-17-07 09:37 PM

79. "did you guys notice dumbledore as the bartender???"
In response to Reply # 0

in the book once harry walks in and sees the bartender
it states that he has a feeling he knows that person
but doesn't know from where

the bartender was played by dumbledore

|latina212|

be fluid~~~
be water~~~

2nd2Nun
783 posts
Wed Jul-18-07 10:06 AM

80. "huh? you mean at the first d.a. meeting?"
In response to Reply # 79

Man, I missed that one.

Damali
35865 posts
Thu Jul-19-07 08:52 AM

82. "whoa. i didn't notice that at all"

and i just saw it a 2nd time

d

poplock.blogspot.com

JBoogs
Charter member
31222 posts
Fri Jul-20-07 10:50 AM

84. "they are listed as diff actors in the credits"

Livin in a system - pagan
Every time you get pay - pay gone

Every Sunday come them gone – altar
Preacher know the truth is what they – alter

JBoogs
Charter member
31222 posts
Fri Jul-20-07 10:19 PM

85. "it's Dumbledore's brother, Aberforth, not Albus..."
In response to Reply # 84

Livin in a system - pagan
Every time you get pay - pay gone

Every Sunday come them gone – altar
Preacher know the truth is what they – alter

janey
Charter member
123124 posts
Tue Jul-24-07 02:04 PM

86. "up"
In response to Reply # 0

~~~~~

It is painful in the extreme to live with questions rather than with answers, but that is the only honorable intellectual course. (c) Norman Mailer

unity
Charter member
7184 posts
Tue Jul-24-07 02:10 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
87. "this is about the movie."
In response to Reply # 86

thanks though.

---
THE FAM:
http://www.marka27.com
http://www.biz20.biz
http://www.myspace.com/blackoutboston
http://www.myspace.com/indigginus

*CLIMATE CRISIS: reduce your impact!*
http://www.climatecrisis.net/takeaction/whatyoucando/index.html