Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #254619

Subject: "Joe Rogan vs. Carlos Mencia (with Video)" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
tappenzee
Member since Sep 28th 2002
19839 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 10:17 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Joe Rogan vs. Carlos Mencia (with Video)"

http://www.joerogan.net/main.php?archives=1&article=53945

Joe Rogan VS Carlos Mencia, ONSTAGE VIDEO.

Posted by Joe Rogan on Tue, Feb 13th, 2007 07:24pm
So here’s how it all went down…
I had a set at the comedy store Saturday night, and after I closed, I was bringing on the next comedian, a guy named Kirk Fox that works for Carlos Mencia.

I introduce him saying that he’s a funny guy, and that he opens on the road for Carlos “Menstealia.” That’s the name we call him at the comedy store, and of course Carlos doesn’t like it one bit.
Carlos was apparently in the room when I said this, and the perfect combination of ego and timing made him decide that this was the night to put his foot down.

As I got off stage and headed towards the back of the room, he grabbed the mike away from Kirk, and said that I was too much of a pussy to say that shit to his face.

Which to me, is something akin to the hottest girl in the world daring you to fuck her while you’re standing there in her bedroom naked with a boner.

Of course I had to disagree with him, and I decided to get onstage with him and have this “meeting of the minds” as it were.
On video, and for the whole world to see via the internet.
Shazam!

Now, a lot of comics have had a problem with Carlos stealing material for a long time now, but for whatever reason, many of them don’t like to talk about it publicly, mostly because they’re afraid that people are going to think that they’re just jealous. That, and they’re worried about him using his power in “Hollywood” to have them black balled for talking badly about him. But in private, they talk about it. A LOT.

It’s a huge problem at the comedy store, to the point where some really good comics are refusing to go onstage if he’s there watching the show, and others have a signal system to alert the guy onstage that Carlos has walked into the room.

It’s really THAT BAD.

It’s like a dark cloud that hovers over the place when he’s performing there. He walks by and people literally stop their conversations and move away.

For whatever reason, the owner of the comedy store, Mitzi Shore, has always let him go up there, perhaps because he started there and the fact that she was actually the one to name himself Carlos Mencia instead of his actual name of Ned. Or, maybe she just wasn’t aware of how big of a problem it had become. Either way, it’s her club, and she’s done so much for comedy in general, and me in particular, that I would never question her about any of her decisions. In fact, I had never even talked to her personally about the problem until today.
Quite honestly, I'm happy to get this video and this blog out there, so that hopefully this can be the last time that I have talk about it.
Even I'm getting sick of me talking about it at this point.

To give you a little background, when I first moved to Hollywood way back in 1994 Carlos and I were actually friends.
We hung out together a bunch of times. Played pool together, went to the gym, hung out at the store, all kinds of shit. That’s also how I know that he’s really half German and Half Honduran and not Mexican. I know it, because he told me himself.

I thought that it was weird to use a fake name, but who gives a shit really. No big deal.

Other than that he seemed to be a cool guy.

Then I started to see it. Over and over again, I would see him do jokes that I knew I had heard before. Then I saw some real obvious shit. Some jokes that I knew were Paul Mooney’s, some that were right off a Richard Pryor album. I brought it up to him, and he gave me this half assed denial that I knew was a lie. That was the end of our friendship.

I didn’t hate the guy, but there was no way I could hang around with him knowing he’s a thief.

For someone who is not a comic, and doesn’t understand what the big deal is about comics stealing jokes, please let me try to explain it to you.

It’s hard to come up with material. It takes a lot of work, a lot of rewriting, sometimes an approach bombs and you have to rethink it, and often it’s a long process until you get to a finished product.
Now, occasionally a joke will come to you in full form, but for the most part it’s just an idea that can become a great bit with some work.

Now, when you work hard on a bit and polish and craft it, and then someone just disrespects the whole process, steps in, steals it and performs it as his own, that’s a pretty intense creative violation.
I’ve been in the back of a club while a guy was onstage doing one of my bits and believe me that’s a shitty fucking feeling. It’s like watching your girlfriend getting fucked onstage by a liar while the whole audience cheers.

What’s even worse, is if you’re a struggling comic, and the guy stealing your shit has his own show on comedy central.

Now, our little “beef” started out about a year and a half ago when Carlos was on the radio in Tucson, Arizona doing “the Frank show”, and he started talking shit about me, mainly telling a bunch of weird lies about a recent night where we had worked together back to back at the store. Unfortunately for him, the DJ sent me an mp3 of the discussion, and we actually had the evening he was referring to in his story on video, and we posted it up on the internet for all to see and laugh at. His version of the night was nothing more than a weird mix of lies and bragging, and it was pretty obvious to anyone seeing the video and listening to him on the radio that the guy is screwy.

You can check it out here.
http://www.joerogan.net/main.php?archives=1&article=44170

Ever since then, shit talking has been going on back and forth from both sides, and to be honest I’ve been baiting him into a “conversation” to expose him and end this all for a while now, I just never thought he would actually be dumb enough to want to do it in front of an audience, especially when he knew that we were filming it.

Ego is a motherfucker, I guess.

Either way, I’m glad we got this over with.
For the record, I don’t hate the guy. I never really did.
I hated what he was doing, but him as a person it’s really more like I felt pity for him.

The dude was living a gigantic lie, and no matter how fucked up and powerful your ego is, there’s got to be a part of the back of his brain that realizes what’s going on, and cringes at the reality. I think maybe it’s even his own subconscious knowing that he’s doing something wrong that forced him into this un-winnable battle.
I’m completely convinced that if I ever got that dude high he would curl up into the fetal position and cry for hours.
Either that, or launch himself off a cliff.

When all was said and done at the end of the night, especially after I saw the video, I actually felt sorry for him. I think there’s part of him that actually believes his own bullshit. I compared him to OJ in the video, in that they’ve both convinced themselves that they’re innocent, and really I think it’s a valid comparison.

Stand up comedy is an awesome, amazing way to make a living, and the comedy store is the greatest place to practice it in the known universe. It’s just a really fun place, and there’s a ton of funny comics that hang around there, and for the most part it’s a really positive environment.

We support each other, and we make each other laugh. We have fun together, except for this one little problem. Hopefully this video will help fix that, and make everything nice-nice again.

Enjoy

Joe Rogan VS Carlos Mencia ONSTAGE VIDEO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnTRSetqvvQ&eurl=

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Although he's totally right, Joe is lying about wantin to make nice.
Feb 14th 2007
hahaha i thought the same thing. guy is ethering his career on stage
Feb 14th 2007
He has to say that though- that is the etiquette for comics
Feb 14th 2007
Wrong wrong and more wrong.
Feb 14th 2007
      I did comedy, and that was my experience.....
Feb 14th 2007
           If you did comedy, you should know better.
Feb 14th 2007
           that post didnt sound like it came from someone whos done comedy
Feb 14th 2007
uhm... it's a joke.
Feb 14th 2007
God, I hate Carlos "Ned" Mencia
Feb 14th 2007
There's one thing you might not know about me Joe Rogan...
Feb 14th 2007
I"m so happy i don't suffer
Feb 15th 2007
WOW- Joe went hard.
Feb 14th 2007
i wonder how long comedy central's gonna keep this guy on
Feb 14th 2007
wow...that vid was ETHER!!!!!!
Feb 14th 2007
Ned lost.
Feb 14th 2007
Joe Rogan on DMT and the meaning of life
Feb 14th 2007
damn... that was quite the thesis right there
Feb 14th 2007
yo dawg....
Feb 14th 2007
LOL!!!
Feb 14th 2007
that was AWESOME!
Feb 15th 2007
Lmao
Feb 14th 2007
Man, Joe Rogan is a funny dude.
Feb 14th 2007
he sure is.
Feb 14th 2007
Dang. You know what the funniest shit was, though?
Feb 14th 2007
lol
Feb 14th 2007
Ned's soul has been set on fire
Feb 14th 2007
And most people still don't care
Feb 14th 2007
It's like hot grits on ya chest in the morning... (c) Khujo Goodie
Feb 14th 2007
The Bobby Lee shit was funny, "Oh, you mean Ned?"
Feb 14th 2007
Don't let MAD TV fool you. Bobby Lee is a funny dude.
Feb 14th 2007
      Yeah, on the extras to Harold and Kumar
Feb 14th 2007
Ned just got BODIED.
Feb 14th 2007
My money is on, The Mexican!
Feb 14th 2007
who doesn't love beef? It's good for hiphop it's good for politics
Feb 14th 2007
When I was in NYC I saw this old ass comic Bobby something...
Feb 15th 2007
the whole "duh duh duh" thing is stupid
Feb 15th 2007
Was this Bobby Slayton?
Feb 15th 2007
fuck, video not available
Feb 15th 2007
Joe Rogan banned
Feb 15th 2007
of all the ass-backwards shit... how wacked
Feb 15th 2007
I'm fuckin' heated
Feb 15th 2007
Joe rogan is the man
Feb 15th 2007
Speaking of bricks...
Feb 15th 2007
But gives so much understanding and new found appreciation
Feb 15th 2007
      But how does that speak to Dave's situation?
Feb 15th 2007
           that when you got 'it'
Feb 15th 2007
                I still don't see how this has anything to do with Dave, and...
Feb 15th 2007
                     That's what I'm saying
Feb 16th 2007
Google Video
Feb 15th 2007
good looks
Feb 15th 2007
Thanks for the link...
Feb 15th 2007
myspace
Feb 15th 2007
This sucks... (See below)
Feb 15th 2007
Post 40
Feb 15th 2007
RE: This sucks... (See below)
Feb 15th 2007
Oh the irony "copyright claim by Carlos Mencia" ha ha
Feb 15th 2007
      lol, in other new Mind of Mencia cancelled due to copyright infringment
Feb 15th 2007
      ha!
Feb 16th 2007
Carlos Mencia to me is an Uncle Tom
Feb 15th 2007
Ole Ned got his green card pulled
Feb 15th 2007
Carlos Won...I know y'all don't see it but he did. Joe is trying to...
Feb 15th 2007
ask other comediens who won...
Feb 15th 2007
Joe Rogan is paid out the rectum too. What's your point?
Feb 15th 2007
Rich and Thieving > Poor, Struggling and Original
Feb 15th 2007
      Rich with integrity>>>>Rich without it.
Feb 15th 2007
           Integrity is an overrated notion...it's a business...
Feb 15th 2007
                he lapped richard pryor?
Feb 15th 2007
                Richard Pryor was on that tape? RIF
Feb 15th 2007
                Thank your lucky stars there are artists with integrity.
Feb 16th 2007
                     Agree on this point...
Feb 16th 2007
^^^does not believe in the golden rule^^^
Feb 16th 2007
stupid rationale
Feb 16th 2007
      stupid was overly harsh
Feb 17th 2007
I never thought Carlos Mencia was funny.....
Feb 15th 2007
The Latest: Joe Rogan's agent drops him
Feb 16th 2007
damn, he's takin a hit over this
Feb 16th 2007
      not really ...
Feb 16th 2007
           Exactly...he didn't do Fear Factor for free
Feb 16th 2007
           oh I'm sure he'll be fine
Feb 17th 2007
When you think about it..aint Rogan richer than Mencia?
Feb 16th 2007
He was on News Radio too.
Feb 17th 2007
ned calls joe gay (link)
Feb 17th 2007

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86670 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 12:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Although he's totally right, Joe is lying about wantin to make nice."
In response to Reply # 0

Clearly he doesn't want to make nice with him, lol. He wants to ruin this guy. Which is fine by me. But Joe should just come out and say, "Look, he's an asshole and a thief, fuck that guy."

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

dgonsh
Member since Aug 14th 2002
10693 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 12:49 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "hahaha i thought the same thing. guy is ethering his career on stage"
In response to Reply # 1

and then wants to pretend he wants to make nice.

"I *always* quote myself. I'm the only reliable source on *most* subjects" - OKP's First Lady of Knowledge, Janey

Castro
Charter member
50742 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 01:05 PM

3. "He has to say that though- that is the etiquette for comics"
In response to Reply # 1

The funny thing is the guys who end up BLOWING UP either have good writers or are thieves- there are few comics who consistently come up with there own world class jokes without collaboration...and everyone knows it....that's why it doesn't pay to steal jokes.

bignick
Charter member
24054 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 01:35 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "Wrong wrong and more wrong."
In response to Reply # 3

>The funny thing is the guys who end up BLOWING UP either have
>good writers or are thieves- there are few comics who
>consistently come up with there own world class jokes without
>collaboration...and everyone knows it....that's why it doesn't
>pay to steal jokes.

I really wish people would stop talking about things they know nothing about.

Castro
Charter member
50742 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 01:42 PM

8. "I did comedy, and that was my experience....."
In response to Reply # 7

Corny niggas like you are the ones that kill me....presuming you are the end all be all of everything related to comedy, literature or whatever...

You could either post your experience or fall the fuck back...

bignick
Charter member
24054 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 01:51 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
10. "If you did comedy, you should know better."
In response to Reply # 8
Wed Feb-14-07 01:52 PM by bignick

>Corny niggas like you are the ones that kill me....presuming
>you are the end all be all of everything related to comedy,
>literature or whatever...

And it's not about me presuming to know everything. It's about me having enough brains to realize that a ton of comics "blew up" because they are really talented and they work their asses off. Not because they have other people writing their material or are thieves.

Also, in the future, when you say something really stupid and wrong and get called on it. Don't resort to calling the person names.

Just fucking be wrong.

THEdirtyone
Charter member
12088 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 05:10 PM

17. "that post didnt sound like it came from someone whos done comedy"
In response to Reply # 8

that "few" you put in there was a little extra.

how long have ou been doing stand up and which cities?

You know, we could all be reading a book right now.

PolarbearToenails
Charter member
11197 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 08:04 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
25. "uhm... it's a joke."
In response to Reply # 1

of course he isn't trying to make nice.

-
Bullseye with Jesse Thorn
A public radio show about things that are awesome.
http://www.maximumfun.org
"This is the kind of show people listen to in a more perfect world." - McSweeney's

God Loves Ugly
Member since Nov 12th 2002
2880 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 01:14 PM

4. "God, I hate Carlos "Ned" Mencia"
In response to Reply # 0

I wish he would be banned from tv.

They should just replace his show with Kids in the Hall reruns or something.

Go Wings.

blue23
Charter member
8341 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 01:15 PM

5. "There's one thing you might not know about me Joe Rogan..."
In response to Reply # 0

.. I smoke rocks. (c) Chappelle

Sorry, can't hear that name without thinking of it.

The Rapture7
Member since Mar 03rd 2005
5933 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 10:34 AM

43. "I"m so happy i don't suffer"
In response to Reply # 5

from this affliction alone.

http://twitter.com/TheCoOp420
http://twitter.com/TheRapture
http://twitter.com/MoneyStax

http://theco-opconscienceoperations.bandcamp.com

http://themuthafuckinrapture.bandcamp.com

http://itsaviciouscycle.bandcamp.com

http://i51.photobucket.com/album

Castro
Charter member
50742 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 01:15 PM

6. "WOW- Joe went hard."
In response to Reply # 0

ronin soul
Member since Oct 18th 2004
2905 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 01:49 PM

9. "i wonder how long comedy central's gonna keep this guy on"
In response to Reply # 0

Whatever this becomes,
Whatever words I say, we are the fortunate ones,
And when the days are done I won't forget.

KnowOne
Charter member
39942 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 01:56 PM

11. "wow...that vid was ETHER!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

n/m

IG: KnowOne215 | PS+ ID: KnowOne215

bignick
Charter member
24054 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 02:03 PM

12. "Ned lost."
In response to Reply # 0

I love the people in the audience screaming, "Tell a joke!"

Smokey Stayhigh
Member since Mar 29th 2005
578 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 02:51 PM

13. "Joe Rogan on DMT and the meaning of life"
In response to Reply # 0

joe rogan is DEEEP

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gaqqgd

(sorry for the postjack, this is oldi think but if people haven't heard this they should. joe rogan is a fuckin character)

-

Whiteout
Member since Aug 30th 2005
3577 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 04:07 PM

15. "damn... that was quite the thesis right there"
In response to Reply # 13

I'm looking at Joe Rogan in all kinds of new lights right now.

Thanks for posting this.

. . .
psn: sirius_fruits

but that shit's stupid though.

THEdirtyone
Charter member
12088 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 05:31 PM

18. "yo dawg...."

this shit happened to me..... i took some ridiculous shit one time. i wont even say what it was....

i couldnt have described it better myself... there was no alien, but its pretty damn close.... i was just flying through space and through the earth's crust and shit.... and shit was moving forward and backwards.... rewinding and fast forwarding and shit.... and mine lasted longer than 5 minutes it was like hours.

listen to the whole thing.... this shit is TRUE. Everything. Especially that bacteria shit.

i learned the meaning of life when i was FUCKED UP.

You know, we could all be reading a book right now.

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 05:51 PM

20. "LOL!!!"
In response to Reply # 18

fuck you.

aswahdan
Member since Oct 18th 2004
1696 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 06:09 PM

56. "that was AWESOME!"

i'm an instant rogan fan now

JAESCOTT777
Member since Feb 18th 2006
28487 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 03:41 PM

14. "Lmao"
In response to Reply # 0

man manstealia got ethered point blank

hype_phb
Member since May 15th 2003
2281 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 05:06 PM

16. "Man, Joe Rogan is a funny dude."
In response to Reply # 0

I said that around here once and everybody thought I was dumb, because of the whole Fear Factor thing (which yeah, sucks balls). But I'm telling you, see his standup DVD, Belly of the Beast, and tell me it's not some funny, funny shit....

Bringing you unpopular posts since 2003.

"Einstein has a formula, Wu Tang has a formula. A part equals a square and all that stuff, you know what I’m saying? We have a formula, too."

PolarbearToenails
Charter member
11197 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 08:06 PM

26. "he sure is."
In response to Reply # 16

not my cup of tea, but a talented and funny guy. I've laughed at his standup pretty heartily despite how "not my thing" it is.

-
Bullseye with Jesse Thorn
A public radio show about things that are awesome.
http://www.maximumfun.org
"This is the kind of show people listen to in a more perfect world." - McSweeney's

Invisiblist
Charter member
33760 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 05:33 PM

19. "Dang. You know what the funniest shit was, though?"
In response to Reply # 0

The end when dude said "I don't like cocaine, I just like the way it smells." lolol

Ceej
Member since Feb 16th 2006
66741 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 06:02 PM

22. "lol"
In response to Reply # 19

http://i.imgur.com/vPqCzVU.jpg

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 05:53 PM

21. "Ned's soul has been set on fire"
In response to Reply # 0

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 06:53 PM

23. "And most people still don't care"
In response to Reply # 0

Most of America could give two shits if Mencia steals stuff or not. They don't care if every joke is obvious. People think he's funny and until he starts stealing the wrong material and isn't funny, they'll like him.

Joe needs to take this to the woman at the Comedy Store or really make a push for something to change or else it's nothing but preaching to a powerless choir.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44713 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 08:01 PM

24. "It's like hot grits on ya chest in the morning... (c) Khujo Goodie"
In response to Reply # 0

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

likwit_crew
Charter member
5986 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 08:11 PM

27. "The Bobby Lee shit was funny, "Oh, you mean Ned?""
In response to Reply # 0

I've heard (matter of fact I think it was on this board) that Robin Williams is known for jackin material too.

Long Beach is the spot where I serve my caine - Snoop

bignick
Charter member
24054 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 08:43 PM

29. "Don't let MAD TV fool you. Bobby Lee is a funny dude."
In response to Reply # 27

likwit_crew
Charter member
5986 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 08:55 PM

31. "Yeah, on the extras to Harold and Kumar"
In response to Reply # 29

Bobby Lee drives them around for commentary, you can tell he definitely is a funny dude.

Hitokiri
Charter member
22101 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 08:22 PM

28. "Ned just got BODIED."
In response to Reply # 0

n/m

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

JRennolds
Charter member
17029 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 08:49 PM

30. "My money is on, The Mexican!"
In response to Reply # 0

Both are lame.

Ason
Member since Dec 27th 2002
30506 posts
Wed Feb-14-07 09:03 PM

32. "who doesn't love beef? It's good for hiphop it's good for politics"
In response to Reply # 0

--------------------------------------

http://www.yvonneridley.org/multimedia.php
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
250 troops lead by Custer were defeated by the Dakota, they are Sioux Indians.

guitarnp
Member since Dec 11th 2004
837 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 12:27 AM

33. "When I was in NYC I saw this old ass comic Bobby something..."
In response to Reply # 0

I don't remember his name exactly and he was baiscally doing a version of Mencia's act...much better and more naturally than mencia. The whole "dun dun da" thing that he does was basically lifted out of this dudes act. He doesn't say the exact same thing but its close enough for you to make the connection. I remember thinking either this old ass dude who has been doing stand up for decades is stealing from shitty Carlos Mencia or...and just assumed that Carlos was another Dane Crook stealing material from their idols

"a-HA" Jadakiss

tappenzee
19839 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 10:24 AM

41. "the whole "duh duh duh" thing is stupid"
In response to Reply # 33

why can't he just say "retarded"?

But that's the least of my problems with Mencia

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44713 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 10:54 AM

44. "Was this Bobby Slayton?"
In response to Reply # 33

'Cause that sounds like his act. At least back in the days. Wouldn't surprise me if Mencia jacked him too.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

xangeluvr
Charter member
9014 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 01:19 AM

34. "fuck, video not available"
In response to Reply # 0

now it says that the video is not available.

xangeluvr
Charter member
9014 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 01:23 AM

35. "Joe Rogan banned"
In response to Reply # 0

Rogan latest blog says that he's now banned from The Comedy Store because of the video. check it out www.joerogan.net

Whiteout
3577 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 08:36 AM

38. "of all the ass-backwards shit... how wacked"
In response to Reply # 35

I got all new respect for Rogan... now they're gonna martyr his ass...

Fuck Ned in his hairy, german, anti-semitic ass... I never liked him, and he doesn't even have a Fear Factor to excuse that.

. . .

bski
Member since Jun 09th 2002
12115 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 01:42 AM

36. "I'm fuckin' heated"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Feb-15-07 01:42 AM by bski

Mencia's no-talent ass took the video down...

http://www.myspace.com/bski
http://www.myspace.com/livesociety

Mudbone
Charter member
461 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 02:10 AM

37. "Joe rogan is the man"
In response to Reply # 0

With Rogan taking Ned Mencia out on stage and George Lopez choking the mother fucker, I'm a happy a man, I can not stand him. He's a mean , unfunny prick. Fuck Ned; fuck Mitzi Shore for coming up with the whole "Carlos Mencia sounds more Mexican; and fuck Comedy Centrall for throwing up his show after Dave Chappelle walked. That's like taking someone's solid gold bar and replacing it with a brick made of shit and saying the shit brick is better I never liked his ass. I knew he was lifting shit. I didn't know if was this bad. Fuck him.

Whiteout
3577 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 08:37 AM

39. "Speaking of bricks..."
In response to Reply # 37

Someone should Roberto Calvi that bitch...

. . .

Cre8
Charter member
17379 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 01:31 PM

47. "But gives so much understanding and new found appreciation"
In response to Reply # 37

to why and HOW Chappelle could walk.
That vidrevelation really separates the real from the 'I'll do ANYTHING' to get somethings.

Food/Drink PlayersCookbook Info:
To help: L9 Health Clinic http://www.commongroundrelief.org/node/242
DEADLINE: November 22, 2006
Please submit your recipes to playerscookbook@yahoo.com or inbox and don't forget PHOTOS.

bignick
Charter member
24054 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 01:34 PM

48. "But how does that speak to Dave's situation?"
In response to Reply # 47

He had already achieved super, mega stardom doing things his way with total creative control.

Cre8
Charter member
17379 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 06:40 PM

58. "that when you got 'it'"
In response to Reply # 48

you aint thirsty to get more.
Despite getting his, mencia still wants more and is unable to see the error in his ways(theivery) cause he's afraid of letting go and that's only because he never had 'it'. Dave can pick up at ANY time, Menc can't, least not w/out 'borrowing' from other acts.

YEAH CHAPPELLE!

Please submit your recipes to playerscookbook@yahoo.com or inbox and don't forget PHOTOS.

bignick
Charter member
24054 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 06:48 PM

60. "I still don't see how this has anything to do with Dave, and..."
In response to Reply # 58

...if the things all these comics are saying is true, Mencia probably got his by stealing. So, of course, he has to keep stealing to keep "it."

Cre8
Charter member
17379 posts
Fri Feb-16-07 06:51 PM

77. "That's what I'm saying"
In response to Reply # 60

It's like a man who can fish to feed himself and a man who steals fish as survival. The man who can fish can make his way anywhere in the world were there's fish at his hearts desire. The man that steals must always rely on others and their hearts desires. God forbid he gets caught.

Jokes are the fish
Dave is the fisher
Mencia the theif
Comedy/Entertainment the world/audience/clubs etc.
get it?

Frank Mackey
Member since May 23rd 2006
2903 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 09:53 AM

40. "Google Video"
In response to Reply # 0

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7841918711943453918

tappenzee
19839 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 10:27 AM

42. "good looks"
In response to Reply # 40

BOO-YAH-KAH
Member since Jul 14th 2005
470 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 02:16 PM

52. "Thanks for the link..."
In response to Reply # 40

"Got more style than a pimp wearin' pink python pumps, pushin' a purple Cadillac..."

- Reese Del Uno AKA Chuck Taylor (Bleu Collar)

m
Charter member
15756 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 11:01 AM

45. "myspace"
In response to Reply # 0

i love the comments that are being left on his page before people bail on him.

still, 280k is a lot of friends lol... that's more than ?uesto

BOO-YAH-KAH
Member since Jul 14th 2005
470 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 01:29 PM

46. "This sucks... (See below)"
In response to Reply # 0

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Carlos Mencia"

I didn't get to see it!!!!

Ceej
66741 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 01:37 PM

50. "Post 40"
In response to Reply # 46

Just worked for me

m
Charter member
15756 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 01:38 PM

51. "RE: This sucks... (See below)"

if you go to his blog (see link in op), there are multiple updated video links.

likwit_crew
Charter member
5986 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 03:26 PM

54. "Oh the irony "copyright claim by Carlos Mencia" ha ha"

Ceej
66741 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 06:12 PM

57. "lol, in other new Mind of Mencia cancelled due to copyright infringment"
In response to Reply # 54
Thu Feb-15-07 06:12 PM by Ceej

m

tappenzee
19839 posts
Fri Feb-16-07 09:22 AM

70. "ha!"
In response to Reply # 54

JAESCOTT777
Member since Feb 18th 2006
28487 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 01:35 PM

49. "Carlos Mencia to me is an Uncle Tom"
In response to Reply # 0

I hate when people just make corny ass degrading easy ethnic jokes about their own people.
He is even worse because he isnt even chicano.
FOH

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 03:19 PM

53. "Ole Ned got his green card pulled"
In response to Reply # 49

PanicManic
Member since Oct 27th 2006
1267 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 05:49 PM

55. "Carlos Won...I know y'all don't see it but he did. Joe is trying to..."
In response to Reply # 0

...stand up for his friends but Carlos already got his paper.

m
Charter member
15756 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 06:45 PM

59. "ask other comediens who won..."
In response to Reply # 55

there are things that are more important than who has the most money.

joe rogan has plenty of money (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0736579/). the difference between him and carlos is that he didn't have to blatantly steal to earn his.

bignick
Charter member
24054 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 06:49 PM

61. "Joe Rogan is paid out the rectum too. What's your point?"

Mencia got called out for being a lying joke thief by at least 5 people in that video.
He lost.

PanicManic
1267 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 07:58 PM

62. "Rich and Thieving > Poor, Struggling and Original"
In response to Reply # 61

I'm not even bringing how much Joe makes into the conversation. I said Joe's trying to stand up for his friends who don't have enough charisma and hustle to become rich off their own jokes. They lack whatever Carlos has. Sure it's unethical, but it's not illegal. If they're really mad they should just copywrite their jokes.

bignick
Charter member
24054 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 08:20 PM

63. "Rich with integrity>>>>Rich without it."
In response to Reply # 62

>I'm not even bringing how much Joe makes into the
>conversation. I said Joe's trying to stand up for his friends
>who don't have enough charisma and hustle to become rich off
>their own jokes.

There are countless performers of all kinds who lack for neither charisma nor hustle, yet haven't gotten rich. To even make that statement speaks volumes.

>They lack whatever Carlos has.

I don't know of very many comics who would say they want whatever Carlos has.

>Sure it's
>unethical, but it's not illegal. If they're really mad they
>should just copywrite their jokes.

No, what should happen is this asshole should stop stealing jokes.

PanicManic
1267 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 08:34 PM

64. "Integrity is an overrated notion...it's a business..."
In response to Reply # 63

artists, entertainers, etc get caught up in the whole integrity BS. His hustle was completely legal.

Like I said, I think it's unethical and underhanded but Carlos just lapped the careers of all those guys crying on the tape. He was smarter than them. He might not be funnier or more talented but he did what he had to do to get that money.

m
Charter member
15756 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 09:26 PM

66. "he lapped richard pryor?"
In response to Reply # 64

okay...

PanicManic
1267 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 10:35 PM

67. "Richard Pryor was on that tape? RIF"
In response to Reply # 66

bignick
Charter member
24054 posts
Fri Feb-16-07 12:53 AM

68. "Thank your lucky stars there are artists with integrity."
In response to Reply # 64

Without them, none of your favorite art would exist.

>Like I said, I think it's unethical and underhanded but Carlos
>just lapped the careers of all those guys crying on the tape.

None of those guys were crying. None of those guys was even really complaining about it. The only reason it was an issue is because he brought Rogan up on the stage and then they questioned the other comics.

>He was smarter than them.

No. He was more underhanded than them.

PanicManic
1267 posts
Fri Feb-16-07 12:05 PM

73. "Agree on this point..."
In response to Reply # 68

>>Thank your lucky stars there are artists with integrity

Or else there'd be no new original material

Lightfoot
Member since Jan 01st 2004
5265 posts
Fri Feb-16-07 06:17 PM

75. "^^^does not believe in the golden rule^^^"

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Stones. Rocks. Subways. Blocks.

johnny_domino
Charter member
17027 posts
Fri Feb-16-07 06:27 PM

76. "stupid rationale"

Money should rarely, if ever, be a proxy for who "won". Plenty of people have a lot of money and still suck at life. That's why it's just money.

johnny_domino
Charter member
17027 posts
Sat Feb-17-07 03:12 PM

82. "stupid was overly harsh"
In response to Reply # 76

tried to edit, but it was too late. Anyway, everything else I said stands, scoreboard chants only work in sports.

Mongo Slade
Member since Jun 28th 2002
2745 posts
Thu Feb-15-07 08:44 PM

65. "I never thought Carlos Mencia was funny....."
In response to Reply # 0

..he and his show are wack to me...

http://mephonics.com/

tappenzee
19839 posts
Fri Feb-16-07 09:19 AM

69. "The Latest: Joe Rogan's agent drops him"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.joerogan.net/main.php?archives=1&article=53981

My agent dropped me because of the Carlos�
Posted by Joe Rogan on Thu, Feb 15th, 2007 06:14pm
This is starting to get hysterical.
As the fearful little animals scamper to a safe, dry spot on the sinking ship of lies, characters are exposed and karma is radiantly beautiful.

My agent from the Gersh agency, who is the same guy that represents Carlos, spoke to me on the phone today. He told me that he was being "put in the middle of this thing, and forced to make a choice." He said that Carlos wanted to get on the phone with me and end this once and for all, and get this... wanted an apology.
If I didn't do this, he wanted the Gersh agency to either drop me, or he would leave them.

I told them that was fucking hilarious, and said that it's been fun working with them. The fact that they would even consider asking me to do something like that meant I was going to leave them anyway, but the sheer stereotypical "hollywood" nature of conversation actually fucking shocked me.
It was like a scene in a movie. Not even a current movie. More like that Kevin Bacon movie "The Big Picture" that was about the evils of Hollywood from the early 90's.

I hung up the phone and laughed out loud. A real, hard, pleasure filled laugh.

Now can you IMAGINE if I was a young, struggling comic and all this shit went down? THAT is the really ugly part of it.
Now you know why people don't speak up about this shit.

Hollywood eats it's young.
At least the Gersh agency does.

What a fascinating, and intriguing life this is turning out to be.

mc_delta_t
Charter member
8260 posts
Fri Feb-16-07 10:18 AM

71. "damn, he's takin a hit over this"
In response to Reply # 69

but I'm really glad he's willing to do it

Drizzit
Member since Sep 19th 2002
6467 posts
Fri Feb-16-07 11:35 AM

72. "not really ..."
In response to Reply # 71

sure, his "agent" dropped him and there is some fall-out, but joe is well established and will come out of this better than ever. he still has his UFC announcing gig and will prolly get some other projects just because of this kerfuffle alone.

this line says it all:

"Now can you IMAGINE if I was a young, struggling comic and all this shit went down? THAT is the really ugly part of it."

no wonder no one was saying anything.

likwit_crew
Charter member
5986 posts
Fri Feb-16-07 12:33 PM

74. "Exactly...he didn't do Fear Factor for free"
In response to Reply # 72

he is able to do this because he's established himself. A young comic doing this would be ruined.

mc_delta_t
Charter member
8260 posts
Sat Feb-17-07 01:07 PM

80. "oh I'm sure he'll be fine"
In response to Reply # 72

but I'm sayin' getting dropped by your agent and now banned from the comedy store?

That's takin' a hit in the industry.

Madvillain 626
Member since Apr 25th 2006
10018 posts
Fri Feb-16-07 09:54 PM

78. "When you think about it..aint Rogan richer than Mencia?"
In response to Reply # 0

I mean dude got (had?) Fear Factor, a NBC show that's in syndication now, on top of whatever else he's doing.

All Mencia got is that CC show, and who knows how much longer he'll have that after this.

-------------------------------
If life is stupendous one cannot also demand that it should be easy. - Robert Musil

bignick
Charter member
24054 posts
Sat Feb-17-07 02:28 PM

81. "He was on News Radio too."
In response to Reply # 78

gusto
Charter member
26878 posts
Sat Feb-17-07 02:48 AM

79. "ned calls joe gay (link)"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.markandmercedes.com/markmercedes/audio/2007/021607_Carlos_on_Rogan_lofi.mp3

..|.,

If you still don't know what Jade Typhoon is, click here:
http://jadetyphoon.blogspot.com/ (WS)

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #254619 Previous topic | Next topic