Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #585053

Subject: "Paranormal Activity 3 (Joost & Schulman, 2011)" Previous topic | Next topic
bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8717 posts
Tue Oct-18-11 11:50 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Paranormal Activity 3 (Joost & Schulman, 2011)"
Thu Oct-20-11 10:53 PM by ZooTown74

Niggas lost their minds at the Paranormal Activity 3 Screening in NY tonite

1st off shame on Paramount for overbooking a movie by 300/400 people. That shit ain't right. And you would've thought after the fiasco 2 years ago with the original film, they'd get their shit together and tell niggas round 9:50 that they should break out. Instead they pack in the theater, people who got shirts got in but then they still kicked out 100 people from the theater that had shirts. So then what happens niggas start burning the shirts breaking shit hooting and hollering. My brother and I dipped out once we heard those sirens cause young, black, and police don't mix. Especially when people lost their minds...

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
damn
Oct 19th 2011
Wow, LOL
Oct 19th 2011
I was the one that ended the wait...
Oct 19th 2011
is there a list to sign up for the second screening?
Oct 20th 2011
Son my brother and I waited till 10:30pm cause...
Oct 20th 2011
really? why? people actually give a shit about this movie?
Oct 20th 2011
because they liked the first two? maybe? possibly? ya think?
Oct 21st 2011
BTW, this is the official movie post, as it was first
Oct 20th 2011
Didn't care for the second one much, but I'll probably check this out
Oct 21st 2011
Predictable but good (spoilers and quick question)
Oct 21st 2011
cosign on the grandma revelation..lol
Oct 22nd 2011
ALSO..what was up with the deleted scenes?
Oct 21st 2011
RE: ALSO..what was up with the deleted scenes?
Oct 22nd 2011
and don't forget the mom getting levitated back into her bedroom
Oct 22nd 2011
PA is simply The Entity on steroids
Oct 22nd 2011
"Julie I thought you wanted to have a little boy" (c) Grandma
Oct 22nd 2011
I basically shit my pants a number of times.
Oct 26th 2011
The camera device only will work if it's not contrived
Oct 26th 2011
      I, for one, don't think they go backwards any more.
Oct 26th 2011
      they should not go backwards any more
Oct 27th 2011
           When Dennis was going over the demonology books..
Oct 30th 2011
GREAT scary movie, easily the best of the 3...
Oct 31st 2011
Really enjoyed it
Nov 07th 2011
Man, this was some ole bullshit
Jan 29th 2012
^^^ saw it on DVD
Jan 29th 2012
      and there you have it
Jan 30th 2012
      I've seen all of them for free on DVD.
Feb 27th 2012

Kwelifications
Member since Feb 19th 2003
937 posts
Wed Oct-19-11 04:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "damn"
In response to Reply # 0

I RSVP'd but envisioned a totally chaotic scene trying to watch the movie

real glad I decided to spare myself the trouble and wait to see it until this weekend

<---- now who else wanna fuck with Hollywood Cole?

hasta la victoria siempre

astralblak
Member since Apr 05th 2007
20029 posts
Wed Oct-19-11 09:51 PM

2. "Wow, LOL"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Oct-19-11 09:52 PM by astralblak

Justin_Maldonado_7
Charter member
5042 posts
Wed Oct-19-11 11:56 PM

3. "I was the one that ended the wait..."
In response to Reply # 0

i went into the theater and asked the paramount rep what was the status...it was 10:00 PM and i was still by the best buy...i knew i wasnt getting in...but on principle, i wanted them to tell us to go home....so the guy tells me that he already sent everyone home ( BS )...

I motion to the crowd that it was a wrap...i come out and tell everyone to go home....

folks were going APE-SHIT...i only waited an hour...the people up front had been there since 5-6 PM...thats 5 hours waiting for nada

so i called regal first thing this morning and tore the manager a new asshole...she refers me to a paramount rep...i contact the rep...3 hours later they set up a 2nd screening tonight at the 84th street loews....

#THANKMELATER

-JM

lovelyone80
Member since Dec 15th 2004
50065 posts
Thu Oct-20-11 08:03 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "is there a list to sign up for the second screening? "
In response to Reply # 3

or do you just show up and hope to get in?

bwood
8717 posts
Thu Oct-20-11 08:27 AM

6. "Son my brother and I waited till 10:30pm cause..."
In response to Reply # 3

...we had no idea what the fuck was going on until the Paramount rep came through. Then everyone marched on the theater and lost it.

I got the email for the 2nd screening yesterday but that was too short notice when I have more important things to get done.

So yea, just like the 1st and 2nd one, I'ma see it for free eventually. I'm pissed Paramount pulled this shit twice.

al_sharp
Charter member
64140 posts
Thu Oct-20-11 12:45 AM

4. "really? why? people actually give a shit about this movie?"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Oct-20-11 12:49 AM by al_sharp

like seriously...why?

avy: our new album. you may just like it. listen for free online @ http://theyesyesyalls.com

http://twitter.com/shamelessplug
http://theyesyesyalls.com

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
45107 posts
Fri Oct-21-11 05:46 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "because they liked the first two? maybe? possibly? ya think? "
In response to Reply # 4
Fri Oct-21-11 05:46 PM by Cold Truth

usually, when people are excited for a sequel, it's because they liked the movie(s) that came before it. the end.

ZooTown74
Member since May 29th 2002
43582 posts
Thu Oct-20-11 10:17 AM

7. "BTW, this is the official movie post, as it was first"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Oct-21-11 07:54 AM by ZooTown74

Also, I'm not editing the subject line

Also, cmon, Al Sharp

EDIT: I lied

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Fri Oct-21-11 12:30 PM

8. "Didn't care for the second one much, but I'll probably check this out"
In response to Reply # 0

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

lovelyone80
50065 posts
Fri Oct-21-11 08:52 PM

10. "Predictable but good (spoilers and quick question)"
In response to Reply # 0

as soon as he was reading the book, he bought up that thing about the witch covenant, I knew that would be a factor. and as SOON as they pulled up on the grandma, i was like oh, yep. She's a witch.

Pretty good, some crazy scenes. some guys were on double dates with some chicks. they had to be 16 oct 17. they kept screaming (the GUYS!). it was a hot mess.

but predictable.

But i do wonder who stole the videos out the house. and who were the sisters at the beginning. Where they the older version of the sisters in the movie. and if so, why don't they remember the videos. lol.

DJ007
Member since Apr 06th 2003
5447 posts
Sat Oct-22-11 03:25 PM

14. "cosign on the grandma revelation..lol"
In response to Reply # 10

yeah that was katie and Kristi as adults in the beginning, they of course were in part one and two

good little origin story for the first two films and liked that they left out scenes that where in trailer

I'm already thinking of the script for part 4..haha, like what if the grandma really wasn't the grandma or the mother of katie,kristi and there mother and actually stole the mother from some other woman just so she could use the girls for her covenant activities...lol

lovelyone80
50065 posts
Fri Oct-21-11 09:01 PM

11. "ALSO..what was up with the deleted scenes? "
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Oct-21-11 09:05 PM by lovelyone80

Why did they show scenes in the trailer that were not in the movie.

1. the girls playing bloody mary
2. the psychic coming over
3. the girl jumping off the rail

What the hell?

Official Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk9_ZwoDWtg

none of these scenes were in the movie.

Justin_Maldonado_7
Charter member
5042 posts
Sat Oct-22-11 02:49 AM

12. "RE: ALSO..what was up with the deleted scenes? "
In response to Reply # 11

i completely forgot about the psychic lmao

DJ007
5447 posts
Sat Oct-22-11 08:55 PM

16. "and don't forget the mom getting levitated back into her bedroom"
In response to Reply # 11

rdhull
Charter member
33273 posts
Sat Oct-22-11 12:22 PM

13. "PA is simply The Entity on steroids"
In response to Reply # 0

---------------------------------
'I love to watch him dance. It's almost like watching a cat clean itself or something.'(c) Drugs regarding Prince

DJ007
5447 posts
Sat Oct-22-11 03:49 PM

15. "&quot;Julie I thought you wanted to have a little boy&quot; (c) Grandma"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Oct-22-11 03:50 PM by DJ007

wow,just wow

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86831 posts
Wed Oct-26-11 06:30 AM

17. "I basically shit my pants a number of times."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Oct-26-11 06:32 AM by Frank Longo

I do NOT do well at haunted houses, and this is essentially a haunted house experience, with the build-up, everyone screaming at shit, the anticipation of the next scare, etc.

It didn't leave the theater with me (the first one did), but it's startling as all get out and an insane community experience.

I love this series for that. What other movies out give you that? Plus, the total lack of gore and (mostly) lack of violence is incredibly refreshing-- they earn their scares without the gross out factor, making the small bits of violence we do witness all the more shocking.

They can stretch the camera premise as thin as they want. This shit works-- why fix a system that ain't broken? (LOVED the camera on the fan, which worked in genius ways in this film.) Plus, they're not "films" in the traditional sense. They're experiences. Things like the acting, writing, and direction don't even register when they're doing it right. It's just a film version of a haunted house, where plot, character, and the like are totally secondary to its ability to get scares.

If you don't like the first one, I doubt you'd like this, although I felt like there were MORE scares, like it was faster paced. If you don't like the idea of this movie, you won't like it-- at this point, there's no converting you. But if you like the Paranormal Activity experience, then you'll definitely like this.

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

ZooTown74
Member since May 29th 2002
43582 posts
Wed Oct-26-11 09:14 AM

18. "The camera device only will work if it's not contrived"
In response to Reply # 17

As long as the movies continue to be set further and further back in the past, the camera device will spread itself thin

We reached that point

Which is why it's time, imo, to move the story forward, to pick up the Katie/Hunter thread and go from there. I mean, where else can they go with the prequel 'let's put cameras everywhere' premise? Betamax footage? Reel-to-reel footage of grandma from the 70's? Security cam footage from 1983? Maybe my imagination is limited, but it feels like there's going to be a strain to find new and creative ways to use the device if they continue telling the story backwards...

Frank Longo
86831 posts
Wed Oct-26-11 11:37 AM

19. "I, for one, don't think they go backwards any more."
In response to Reply # 18

For the reason that you stated. I think they've put themselves in a great place to jump forward in time to what is now present day. Especially with the way the film ended with the implication that there may be other families going through similar circumstances (not that I'd love to be introduced to new people... but if they use talented filmmakers, I'm sure they could pull it off).

And it personally for me didn't feel contrived (at least, any more contrived than the gimmick is in the first place). I was too busy getting lost in the whole haunted house vibe and enjoying the atmosphere of the theater to think about the logic of the cameras in 1988.

BigWorm
Charter member
10385 posts
Thu Oct-27-11 09:50 PM

20. "they should not go backwards any more"
In response to Reply # 18

A minor disappointment in 3 was that I was hoping that, like 2, it would both give back story AND further the story. But 3 was all back story. While they do have a big gap between the events in 3 and 2, I just want them to further the story started in 1. Seems like there are cooler NEW possibilities there...

PLUS why wouldn't the girls, as adults, freak out more when their HUSBANDS both become semi-obsessed with filming everything??? Especially when that's exactly what their murdered-right-in-front-of-them stepfather did??? You'd think they'd at least be like, 'that camera creeps me out' or 'I have a weird sense of deja vu' or 'please turn the camera off it bothers me and I don't know why'.

But no, they're both cool with it until things get creepy. Oh well.

I'll probably go see part 4 anyway...

wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Sun Oct-30-11 12:02 PM

21. "When Dennis was going over the demonology books.."
In response to Reply # 20

he mentions something like how the coven wipes the memories of those girls who enter "child bearing age" or something like that.

Nice and convenient, but at least they explained it. It also covers how they don't remember getting filmed constantly while young, and why there's a gigantic box filled with VHS tapes.

phenompyrus
Charter member
9367 posts
Mon Oct-31-11 02:22 PM

22. "GREAT scary movie, easily the best of the 3..."
In response to Reply # 0

I saw this by myself in a theatre, and there were only a couple more ppl in there too, it was intense. VERY intense. I jumped at every occasion throughout.

http://twitter.com/phenompyrus

Get Out the Room
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/get-out-the-room/id525657893

J Fabuluz
Member since Jan 30th 2004
1004 posts
Mon Nov-07-11 10:02 PM

23. "Really enjoyed it"
In response to Reply # 22

This series is my perfect horror movie, no blood or cheap stupid scares just a great build up and great payoffs.

bwood
8717 posts
Sun Jan-29-12 02:51 PM

24. "Man, this was some ole bullshit"
In response to Reply # 0

That ending. Seriously? Fuck outta here.

Frank Longo
86831 posts
Sun Jan-29-12 11:44 PM

25. "^^^ saw it on DVD"
In response to Reply # 24

If you don't see Paranormal Activity flicks in theaters, just don't bother, since you've missed out on the sole reason they were created.

Paps_Smear
Member since Feb 02nd 2009
4254 posts
Mon Jan-30-12 09:25 AM

26. "and there you have it"
In response to Reply # 25

this is one of those "experience" movies
like you have to be there, in the theater, to enjoy this movie the way they wanted it to be enjoyed.

I've seen all in the theaters and I've really enjoyed it that way, to be honest with you I look forward to it as its become an event to me now

=================
Official Okay-Super Villain™

I only play the games that I win at -
Gamertag: Innovator
PSN: DurtyGambino
Steam: Durty Gambino
Twitch.tv/durtygambino

bwood
8717 posts
Mon Feb-27-12 01:05 PM

27. "I've seen all of them for free on DVD."
In response to Reply # 25

I liked the first two. I don't give a fuck about the experience. A scary movie works if its scary.

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #585053 Previous topic | Next topic