Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #705998

Subject: "F is for family, (netflix original) anyone else watching?" Previous topic | Next topic
boyd
Member since May 15th 2006
7654 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 03:12 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"F is for family, (netflix original) anyone else watching?"

starring and creator Bill Burr

so far watched episode 1
looking pretty pretty pretty
good © l.d. of curb

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Turned it off after 15 minutes
Dec 20th 2015
I thought it was good
Dec 21st 2015
*funniest (fucking auto correct)
Dec 21st 2015
It's only funny
Dec 21st 2015
watched first episode
Dec 22nd 2015
Same here
Dec 24th 2015
i like it
Dec 22nd 2015
I dug it
Dec 27th 2015
I think it's a solid outlet for his persona
Dec 27th 2015
Upon further review, I fucking love this. Pun intended. lol
Dec 28th 2015

seandammit
Member since May 28th 2003
6529 posts
Sun Dec-20-15 09:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Turned it off after 15 minutes "
In response to Reply # 0

Doesn't really seem up my alley, but would love to hear a compelling argument from someone who has watched more of it and likes it.

www.twitter.com/seandammit

Mafamaticks
Member since Jan 12th 2004
4667 posts
Mon Dec-21-15 12:19 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I thought it was good"
In response to Reply # 0

The scene with Bill in episode 5 was actually pretty heartfelt and then they turned it around and made it the fun hear scene in the season

Mafamaticks
Member since Jan 12th 2004
4667 posts
Mon Dec-21-15 08:51 AM

3. "*funniest (fucking auto correct)"
In response to Reply # 2

>The scene with Bill in episode 5 was actually pretty
>heartfelt and then they turned it around and made it the fun
>hear scene in the season

Numba_33
Charter member
19409 posts
Mon Dec-21-15 11:38 AM

4. "It's only funny"
In response to Reply # 0

to hear Bill Burr get completely foul mouthed. There isn't much humor outside of that to me, and I have a feeling its because I can't relate to the experience Burr and the other writers are trying to lay down. I've only seen the first four episodes, so it's possible the last two episodes are better.

I wonder how folks who aren't Bill Burr fans view the show.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

sevencents
Charter member
1870 posts
Tue Dec-22-15 11:09 AM

5. "watched first episode"
In response to Reply # 0

don't think I'll watch it again...didn't find it funny. I've seen Bill Burr do standup and think he is generally funny....I felt like most of the humor from this show is "Look, we're a cartoon and we curse like a mother fucker!"

I am not against cursing....at all....but watching this show, I felt like the writers took a 4 page script and then turned it into a full 30-minute episode by adding as many 'fucks' as they could.

The writers couldn't give a fuck about giving the script lots of 'fucks'

Grand_Royal
Charter member
33210 posts
Thu Dec-24-15 01:09 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IMClick to send message via ICQ
7. "Same here"
In response to Reply # 5

>
>don't think I'll watch it again...didn't find it funny. I've
>seen Bill Burr do standup and think he is generally funny.

There is nothing special, clever or interesting about any of the characters

drugs
Charter member
9149 posts
Tue Dec-22-15 06:14 PM

6. "i like it"
In response to Reply # 0

spenzalii
Member since Jan 02nd 2004
10990 posts
Sun Dec-27-15 02:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "I dug it"
In response to Reply # 0

Not groundbreaking or anything, but an entertaining show

<-- Dave Thomas knows what's up...

Jay: Look here homie, any nigga can get a hit record. This here is about respect.
Game: Like Gladys Knight.
Jay: Aretha Franklin.
Game: Word, I like her too.
Jay: Nigga...

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
45029 posts
Sun Dec-27-15 04:24 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "I think it's a solid outlet for his persona "
In response to Reply # 0

I didn't realize it was a Burr show for a few minutes. I kept trying to place the voice and when I finally realized who it was, the completely unhinged nature of his opening telemarketer rant made total sense to me.

I'll give it a few more eps to form an opinion. It's cool so far.

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
45029 posts
Mon Dec-28-15 01:57 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
10. "Upon further review, I fucking love this. Pun intended. lol"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm a sucker for a well done show within a show, for starters. Whatever that action show is, it's gold.

I'm a few episodes in and it really hits a stride when the entire school calls the ginger kid a pussy because his little sister bailed him out of a fight. Later he gets trapped in the room when mom and dad start fucking.

You really have to enjoy your blue comedy heavier on the mean spirited side though so I get why this might turn off even fans of Burr since this loses some of the charm within the commentary of his stand up act thus far. It's all of his rants and inner insansity and anger but very little of his more thoughtful sensibilities. It teases heartfelt moments but then some shit happens and Frank snaps again.

But his little hillbilly kid in the diaper has me dying man.

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #705998 Previous topic | Next topic