Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3045620

Subject: "Kendrick smoking drake (j cole collateral)" Previous topic | Next topic
rmcphedr
Member since Feb 11th 2006
507 posts
Fri Mar-22-24 07:44 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Kendrick smoking drake (j cole collateral)"

Fore all your dogs getting buried/That's a K with all these nines, he gonna see Pet Sematary

https://youtu.be/hBmC1Mn0XbE?si=y-CeIliGSN-5Yd66

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
While I'm one of the biggest K.Dot fans here, I didn't like it
Mar 29th 2024
I feel completely different from the first post.
Mar 30th 2024
I’d rather see them compete to see who…
Mar 30th 2024
^
Apr 05th 2024
J.Cole responds
Apr 05th 2024
Cole had the nerve to call someone else's album
Apr 05th 2024
That last sentence was funny.
Apr 08th 2024
Yea I laughed out loud.
Apr 08th 2024
Said the exact same thing to my friend haha.
Apr 08th 2024
RE: what am i missing?
Apr 07th 2024
Kendrick is above this tomfoolery
Apr 05th 2024
RE: Kendrick is above this tomfoolery
Apr 05th 2024
      RE: Kendrick is above this tomfoolery
Apr 07th 2024
finally listened to both *yawn*
Apr 09th 2024

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8778 posts
Fri Mar-29-24 05:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "While I'm one of the biggest K.Dot fans here, I didn't like it"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't like his diss records. I didn't like Control and this isn't that hot either.

It's not like the verses were bad, but they're also highly overrated and get hype based on one or two outlandish lines that aren't delivered or written well.

Don't get me wrong, I have Kendrick in my Top 10 list, and I do like some of his subliminal disses. But to me, he isn't a top tier diss rapper. He's just getting attention cause if Kendrick isn't great, alot of these clowns are even worse.

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14153 posts
Sat Mar-30-24 11:19 AM

2. "I feel completely different from the first post."
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Mar-30-24 11:24 AM by Boogie Stimuli

I can dig Kendrick disses. I think he brings something to the table that's sorely lacking in the current landscape, and that's a heartfelt delivery. So many rappers (and singers) sound dead on the mic these days. Drake and Beyonce, the two biggest, both have paint-by-numbers emotional delivery. The marketing "do this because they like it" energy is strong, whereas Kendrick genuinely sounds like he's coming from his soul, doing what's true to him. These punchline heavy rappers can't understand why he's connecting. It's the same reason Murda Mook never took off. All that "but look at all my punchlines and similes" shit only gets you so far. You can't fake humanity. Such as the 1st response to the post says "He gets praise for a couple of lines" or whatever, but that's the differnce between the punchlines being natural part of what you're saying vs a forced part of every line.
It's almost unfortunate for those of us who come from an era when it was common to feel the emotion in performances. I definitely took that for granted. Kendrick is a breath of fresh air.

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

spirit
Charter member
21468 posts
Sat Mar-30-24 06:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "I’d rather see them compete to see who…"
In response to Reply # 0

…can help the poor in their respective home cities the most.

cidolfas
Member since Nov 29th 2006
2252 posts
Fri Apr-05-24 12:50 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "^"
In response to Reply # 3

Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14153 posts
Fri Apr-05-24 12:54 AM

4. "J.Cole responds"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Apr-05-24 12:57 AM by Boogie Stimuli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KRMLBh3-N4&ab_channel=J.Cole

I this too. Beat switch is nice... like two songs in one. This is a REAL diss tho. I love how Cole is a throwback rapper. This is the rap shit niggas on this site can respect but still gets respect from the younger heads. There was a time when Kendrick could wax Cole in his sleep, but Cole has done nothing but improve. Idk if Kendrick want it with Cole now. This could get good.

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

Stadiq
Member since Dec 21st 2005
5002 posts
Fri Apr-05-24 01:19 PM

7. "Cole had the nerve to call someone else's album"
In response to Reply # 4

...boring?? lol

If K Dot decides he cares at all about this...its done. You could release a Cole diss that is nothing but his corniest lines scratched into the hook.

normal35762
Member since Oct 20th 2004
13253 posts
Mon Apr-08-24 07:45 AM

11. "That last sentence was funny."
In response to Reply # 7

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24823 posts
Mon Apr-08-24 09:10 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "Yea I laughed out loud."
In response to Reply # 11

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24823 posts
Mon Apr-08-24 09:11 AM

13. "Said the exact same thing to my friend haha."
In response to Reply # 7
Mon Apr-08-24 09:11 AM by Brew

>RE: Cole had the nerve to call someone else's album
>...boring?? lol

I really like Cole as a human being and think he's mega talented but his music is 100% sleepy time. So it's pretty rich for him to say that about Kendrick. Especially since, whatever you think of it sonically, Kendrick's music is literally anything *but* boring. He's always got energy and interesting elements to his songs and albums.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

rmcphedr
Member since Feb 11th 2006
507 posts
Sun Apr-07-24 08:01 PM

9. "RE: what am i missing?"
In response to Reply # 4

fell off like the simpsons?

the conductor beat was nice, but bars were snooze. Cole didn't have any lines that touched the pet semetary/prince+mike jack lines.

first beat was wack too.

stone_phalanges
Member since Mar 06th 2010
1832 posts
Fri Apr-05-24 09:20 AM

5. "Kendrick is above this tomfoolery"
In response to Reply # 0

I doubt he will traipse around in this muck that the hoi polloi so desires.

www.anwarmorse.com
https://www.instagram.com/thereal_anwarmorse99/

doitall76
Member since Dec 01st 2002
492 posts
Fri Apr-05-24 03:52 PM

8. "RE: Kendrick is above this tomfoolery"
In response to Reply # 5

Kendrick was the biggest contributor of the tomfoolery.

Peace
Doitall76

mistajay
Member since Nov 18th 2005
126 posts
Sun Apr-07-24 09:21 PM

10. "RE: Kendrick is above this tomfoolery"
In response to Reply # 8

https://www.facebook.com/reel/424901053519734/?s=single_unit&__cft__=AZUsliEEFlF69e0sgV4IVA9T63pLHxtdaYXBpSDfiakPtlxGdq-LLODlf44rXXy8VCxVzOG08qrH2vfLVOWFMyVrRTA-_qiHBp7gF9wIkuO_Y3axuvYNhtb94qC2uV_N4aRaHhaHW3ZHOJIi8IDQLZE6D_JTGhdhJO_9SQGv-H-1b7ikP8282Gq9KzKSD75-rluV2dK0XI3pcTvh5b6XIt-t&__tn__=H-R

Dark Ages mixtape out now!! on datpiff http://www.datpiff.com/NCC-RECORDS-THE-EMPIRE-The-Dark-Ages-mixtape.571902.html with appearances from MC Search an Graig G!! @nccrecordempire

Beamer6178
Member since Jan 09th 2006
6421 posts
Tue Apr-09-24 09:51 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
14. "finally listened to both *yawn*"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Apr-09-24 09:53 AM by Beamer6178

this ain't 90s/00s level AT ALL. All three of these dudes have achieved wild success and are closer to complacency than actual hunger, which is fine. Our legit rap battlers of yesteryear helped make it so.

But this shit seems to forced and uninspired. Why is it that these "diss tracks" pale in comparison to many a song they've done? Because they're not motivated and don't care.

At this point, I'd be more interested in them speaking on the current racist backlash all around us and global issues, but hell Kendrick let himself get edited while appearing on the plantation sports super talent show.

*shrugs*

Lobby The Lesson topic #3045620 Previous topic | Next topic