Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3045341

Subject: "a somewhat recent Charlie Hunter interview" Previous topic | Next topic
Numba_33
Charter member
19305 posts
Wed Feb-07-24 09:00 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"a somewhat recent Charlie Hunter interview"

As result of me playing The Root on Youtube last week, the almighty and all encompassing Google-powered Youtube algorithms led me to what appears to be a fairly recent Charlie Hunter interview. I'll be honest in that I didn't watch the entire thing myself and was mainly focused on the parts concerning his work with D'Angelo.

Pretty wild how D'Angelo watching BET Jazz help lead to creating a stellar song such as The Root. Also impressive how D'Angelo appeared to be humble enough to want to study Charlie Hunter based on what was said in the interview.

I'll also be honest in saying that I don't know much about the man, but I was amazed how humble his was given the talent it takes to play the guitar the way he does.

Anyway, here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4ytLiEHuk0

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: a somewhat recent Charlie Hunter interview
Feb 07th 2024

spidey
Charter member
13085 posts
Wed Feb-07-24 09:50 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: a somewhat recent Charlie Hunter interview"
In response to Reply # 0

Appreciate the link. Charlie Hunter is an amazing artist indeed…

Integrity is the Cornerstone of Artistry...

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby The Lesson topic #3045341 Previous topic | Next topic