Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3044546

Subject: "new wayne & 2chainz is dope" Previous topic | Next topic
cheesecake
Member since Mar 11th 2003
596 posts
Fri Nov-17-23 05:21 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"new wayne & 2chainz is dope"
Fri Nov-17-23 05:22 AM by cheesecake

am i crazy or is this shit FIRE? i'm a little past the halfway mark. this is the kind of music you'd want from wayne. this collab seemed random at first but makes a lot of sense hearing them together

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Good lOoks
Nov 17th 2023
very good
Nov 18th 2023
for context, they've been cool since playaz circle "duffle bag boy"
Nov 19th 2023
I came in the Lesson to post about how good this album is
Nov 20th 2023
agreed on all points
Nov 20th 2023
^
Nov 20th 2023
joint is excellent
Nov 20th 2023
this is their 2nd collab album.
Nov 22nd 2023

maro
Member since Jan 06th 2022
34 posts
Fri Nov-17-23 07:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Good lOoks "
In response to Reply # 0

Appreciate the mention. Had no clue this was out. I'm anticipatin this being a bar fest.

--------------
Chartered

PROMO
Charter member
30979 posts
Sat Nov-18-23 05:50 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "very good"
In response to Reply # 0

bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
8050 posts
Sun Nov-19-23 12:35 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "for context, they've been cool since playaz circle "duffle bag boy""
In response to Reply # 0

wayne featured on that song and it blew up largely because of his feature. this is also their 2nd project togther but some kind of label fuckery has the first collab (/collegrove/) as a 2chainz only album despite wayne featuring on 8 of 12 songs

>this collab seemed random at first but makes a lot of sense
>hearing them together

Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18388 posts
Mon Nov-20-23 11:48 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "I came in the Lesson to post about how good this album is "
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Nov-20-23 11:50 AM by Tiger Woods

So imagine my pleasant surprise to see there’s already a post and that it’s as well reviewed as I thought it deserved to be

These guys are rapping their asses off, and the handful of guests who show up are all working really hard too (Benny, Fab, Ross, 21). There’s not one lazy verse on this thing, I really mean it.

These two have an authentic chemistry. I would bet they recorded a lot of this together in person. At times there’s a really exciting dichotomy where 2 Chainz plays the Big Boi to Wayne’s Andre; the Atlanta-bred shit talker and the rap savant alien. I don’t listen to present day radio hip hop but I have to think there’s few if any young mainstream rappers working this hard and bringing this much creativity. I’m so impressed by the variety of flows and voices these guys employ too, it never really feels like they’re rapping in cruise control.

The production is a blast. Hearing Wayne get back in the saddle with Minnie Fresh is a thrill, especially when 21 Savage comes on afterwards and does a respectable BG impression. “Long Story Short”is as good as it gets, real “Players Anthem” vibes there, and “Opra and Gayle” is an outstanding tribute to lux rap in the vein of Hov’s “Allure”

Highly recommend this album if you like sonic eclecticism and bars

Ashy Achilles
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
4551 posts
Mon Nov-20-23 02:37 PM

6. "agreed on all points"
In response to Reply # 4

cheesecake
Member since Mar 11th 2003
596 posts
Mon Nov-20-23 05:01 PM

7. "^"
In response to Reply # 4

Ashy Achilles
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
4551 posts
Mon Nov-20-23 02:37 PM

5. "joint is excellent"
In response to Reply # 0

they've got a little something for everyone and it all works

High Society
Member since Oct 13th 2003
7375 posts
Wed Nov-22-23 03:40 AM

8. "this is their 2nd collab album."
In response to Reply # 0

Chainz is rapping on here but Wayne is RAPPING RAPPING.
Always pleasantly surprised, though I shouldn't be, at how hungry Wayne can still sound on certain songs / beats.

The songs with Benny & the ODB joint are probably my favorites off first and second listen.

-----
Cameo
Soundshape Records

Lobby The Lesson topic #3044546 Previous topic | Next topic