Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3041806

Subject: "Souls of Mischief Are Going on a 93 Date Tour - OKP" Previous topic | Next topic
c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13955 posts
Tue Feb-07-23 08:51 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Souls of Mischief Are Going on a 93 Date Tour - OKP"

https://www.okayplayer.com/music/souls-of-mischief-93-til-infinity-tour.html

Souls of Mischief Are Going on a 93 Date Tour to Honor ’93 ’til Infinity’

MUSIC -

JAELANI TURNER-WILLIAMS

Jaelani Turner-Williams is a contributing news writer for Okayplayer

To celebrate the 30th anniversary of their debut album, 93 ’til Infinity, Oakland group Souls of Mischief are going on tour this spring.

Oakland hip-hop legends Souls of Mischief are giving fans a dose of nostalgia starting in March. The group, composed of members A-Plus, Phesto, Opio and Tajai, will embark on a 93-date tour to honor their classic debut 93 ’til Infinity. The tour kicks off just two weeks after their inaugural 1993 LP turns 30.

The tour will begin its European leg in Bristol, United Kingdom on March 1, also hitting London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Stockholm, Paris, Athens and more before wrapping up on April 9 in Sofia, Bulgaria.

North American dates for the tour kickoff on May 27 in Monterey, California, where the four members will have dates in Toronto, New York City, Washington D.C., Atlanta, Kansas City, Memphis, San Antonio, San Francisco, Phoenix, Los Angeles and more, concluding on September 17 at Red Rocks, Colorado.

Tajai proposed hitting the road in an interview with Rock the Bells last year.

“We got the 30th anniversary of 93 ‘Til Infinity coming next year, so we’ve been working with a lot of people about really blowing that out,” Tajai told Rock the Bells at the time. “We’re trying to do 93 shows. I’m getting offers in Europe. I mean, U.S. of course, but Europe, too. I got an offer from Brazil yesterday, so we’re trying to market that. It’s also the 20th anniversary of Full Circle and then also the 50th anniversary of Hip Hop.”

Released on September 28, 1993, 93 ’til Infinity brought Souls of Mischief into the limelight with singles “93 ’til Infinity,” “That’s When Ya Lost” and “Never No More.”

The ’93 til Infinity LP vinyl is in stock on Okayshop.

https://shop.okayplayer.com/products/souls-of-mischief-93-til-infinity-lp-vinyl

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Dope. I hope to catch them on tour.
Feb 12th 2023
RE: Souls of Mischief Are Going on a 93 Date Tour - OKP
Mar 04th 2023
I'm definitely going to check out the Raleigh show
Mar 05th 2023
I love the Pour House!
Mar 07th 2023
Will catch them in Phoenix
Mar 05th 2023
Saw the LA show last week. Was fun.
Mar 06th 2023
Can you expand on your Pharcyde comment?
Mar 06th 2023
      Ah, well this was prob May last year or so?
Mar 07th 2023
           Ah, got it. Haha, it’s not always easy hitting up these shows as elder...
Mar 07th 2023
                Yeah, I think you're right
Mar 07th 2023

normal35762
Member since Oct 20th 2004
13246 posts
Sun Feb-12-23 06:41 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Dope. I hope to catch them on tour."
In response to Reply # 0

This album and the crew in general was an inspiration to many a people. Glad to see them able to have the legacy and brand going strong to this day.

SsenepoD
Member since Nov 13th 2007
4331 posts
Sat Mar-04-23 10:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: Souls of Mischief Are Going on a 93 Date Tour - OKP"
In response to Reply # 0

seen them a few times over the years & it's always a fun time. gonna try & catch the NY show.

http://www.2amDonuts.bandcamp.com

Sleepy
Charter member
6947 posts
Sun Mar-05-23 12:02 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "I'm definitely going to check out the Raleigh show "
In response to Reply # 0

It's a smaller venue though. But at least I can visit the record shop upstairs before the show.

You're such pests...now, what is it you want? In your depths of your ignorance, what is it you want? Well, whatever it is you want, I can't deliver because I just don't see it. - Orson Welles

Never Tired, Always Sleepy

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18628 posts
Tue Mar-07-23 08:11 PM

10. "I love the Pour House!"
In response to Reply # 3

Wish I could be down there for that one.

Ishwip
Member since Jun 10th 2005
19953 posts
Sun Mar-05-23 12:04 AM

4. "Will catch them in Phoenix "
In response to Reply # 0

__
I don't like the beat anymore because its just a loop. ALC didn't FLIP IT ENOUGH!

Flip it enough? Flip these. Flip off. Go flip some f*cking burgers.(c)Kno

Allied State of the National Electric Beat Treaty Organization (NEBTO)

Ryan M
Member since Oct 21st 2002
43737 posts
Mon Mar-06-23 06:00 PM

5. "Saw the LA show last week. Was fun. "
In response to Reply # 0

Over before 11pm too. That was nice. Pharcyde doesn’t seem to realize their fans are as old as them so I’m glad Souls catered to the washed.

------------------------------

17x NBA Champions

natenate101
Member since Apr 21st 2015
681 posts
Mon Mar-06-23 11:49 PM

6. "Can you expand on your Pharcyde comment?"
In response to Reply # 5

I ask because I bypassed their recent show in SF to see the Jungle Brothers that night. I’m curious as to what I missed.

Ryan M
43737 posts
Tue Mar-07-23 10:03 AM

7. "Ah, well this was prob May last year or so?"
In response to Reply # 6

But I went to see whatever they’re calling themselves now - it was the Pharcyde iteration with Tre and Fatlip. I’d seen their Bizarre Ride show for the 20th anniversary back in 2012 and had an amazing time. Fast forward 10 years - I go to the 30th anniversary show. They don’t go on until midnight or so. Played 90ish minutes. But whew were my feet and knees on fire. I can’t hang like I used to.

17x NBA Champions

natenate101
Member since Apr 21st 2015
681 posts
Tue Mar-07-23 12:53 PM

8. "Ah, got it. Haha, it’s not always easy hitting up these shows as elder..."
In response to Reply # 7

The reason I felt like I missed out is because the iteration you are referring to with Tre and Fatlip (who I also say previously with J-Swift) have added Imani now. It ain’t at 100% but it’s closer and I do love some Imani. Did see them all together years back on reunion tour but it doesn’t seem like another is likely w/Bootie Brown not quite ready to jump back into the fold. 3 out of 4 ain’t bad though, eh?

Ryan M
43737 posts
Tue Mar-07-23 02:24 PM

9. "Yeah, I think you're right"
In response to Reply # 8

These shows are blurring, because back in 2012 J-Swift had a weird mic effect pitching him up to do all of Imani's verses, lol. That show was hype was hell - they ran through all of Bizarre Ride and the encore was Runnin/She Said.

This show, 10 years later...it was fine. Could be because I'm not used to the headliners going on around midnight but it just didn't have the same energy and feel - but hey, they're a decade older, so...

Still - they're always compelling live.

17x NBA Champions

Lobby The Lesson topic #3041806 Previous topic | Next topic