Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3040649

Subject: "RIP Christine McVie (Fleetwood Mac)" Previous topic | Next topic
c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13963 posts
Wed Nov-30-22 04:15 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"RIP Christine McVie (Fleetwood Mac)"

Little Lies (this one for the 1970's - 1980's kids)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCGD9dT12C0

https://pitchfork.com/news/fleetwood-mac-christine-mcvie-dies-at-79/?bxid=633c2c358fe035d226066fca&cndid=71028083&esrc=90sreaderspoll&hasha=026db78af9d1545619ce70d3f1ca30ae&hashb=c917d26213a500b355f7071957c45f96a898f0ff&hashc=33591a290bf21adb2936957ac2f3c0f8d2a0f340f2ffdd3d675a125c3e550f16&utm_brand=p4k&utm_campaign=aud-dev&utm_mailing=P4K_HotLinks_113022&utm_medium=email&utm_source=nl&utm_term=P4K_HotLinks_NewMusic

NEWS

Fleetwood Mac’s Christine McVie Dies at 79

The vocalist, keyboardist, and songwriter died following a short illness, her family said

By Matthew Strauss

November 30, 2022

Christine McVie, the longtime vocalist and keyboardist of Fleetwood Mac, has died at the age of 79. “She passed away peacefully at hospital this morning, Wednesday, November 30th 2022, following a short illness,” the musician’s family wrote in a statement. “She was in the company of her family. We kindly ask that you respect the family’s privacy at this extremely painful time, and we would like everyone to keep Christine in their hearts and remember the life of an incredible human being, and revered musician who was loved universally. RIP Christine McVie.”

In an additional statement, Fleetwood Mac wrote: “There are no words to describe our sadness at the passing of Christine McVie. She was truly one-of-a-kind, special and talented beyond measure. She was the best musician anyone could have in their band and the best friend anyone could have in their life. We were so lucky to have a life with her. Individually and together, we cherished Christine deeply and are thankful for the amazing memories we have. She will be so very missed.”

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: RIP Christine McVie (Fleetwood Mac)
Dec 01st 2022
RE: RIP Christine McVie (Fleetwood Mac)
Dec 01st 2022
Good lookin out on the suggestions. Have never given earlier Mac
Dec 02nd 2022
An odd occurrence...
Dec 01st 2022
Dysfunction gave us Rumors, so there's that
Dec 03rd 2022
r.i.p.
Dec 01st 2022
RE: r.i.p.
Dec 01st 2022

lagism
Charter member
2145 posts
Thu Dec-01-22 09:20 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: RIP Christine McVie (Fleetwood Mac)"
In response to Reply # 0

RIP to seriously one of the great singer-songwriters.

I'm a huge Mac fan and seriously love their 1971-1974 phase (the pre-Buckingham Nicks phase of the '70s).

Bob Welch was writing some great songs during this time but Christine's melodic sense in her songs really tied those albums together (just like she did when Buckingham Nicks joined).

The closing song of "Why" on the "Mystery to Me" album is achingly beautiful and her duet on "Did You Ever Love Me" from the "Penguin" album is so underrated. I consider these songs to be in the top 5 of Christine-penned Fleetwood Mac songs.

If you enjoyed her songs after Buckingham Nicks joined, I strongly suggest listening to her early 70s stuff (as well as her cover of "I'd Rather Go Blind" from her debut solo album released in 1970).

cheesecake
Member since Mar 11th 2003
596 posts
Thu Dec-01-22 06:48 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "RE: RIP Christine McVie (Fleetwood Mac)"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks. I'm not familiar with that era of FM. I'm going to check those songs out

natenate101
Member since Apr 21st 2015
682 posts
Fri Dec-02-22 05:49 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "Good lookin out on the suggestions. Have never given earlier Mac"
In response to Reply # 1

a good listen. Will start with the tracks you mentioned. RIP to McVie.

Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22290 posts
Thu Dec-01-22 11:25 AM

2. "An odd occurrence..."
In response to Reply # 0

The day before yesterday, I was doing the dishes after dinner. That car commercial with “Everywhere” came on. I like the song and it got me thinking about Fleetwood Mac.

“Man, they’ve been around for a minute and have been thru some really wild ups & downs. I’m surprised they’re all still alive. It’ll be a big loss once any of them pass away.”

I’m not on some supernatural, “You put that out into the universe” type stuff. It was just a strange and unfortunate coincidence.

I wouldn’t call myself a huge fan but that’s because I only know their big hits which I’ve mostly really liked. But I began an odd fascination with the band after watching their “Behind the Music” in the late 90s or early 2000s. They always seemed to have so much dysfunction. But they were able to either direct that dysfunction into their creative process or simply pretend like it wasn’t there.

Maybe I'll go back and check out their old stuff.

RIP to Christine McVie.

spenzalii
Member since Jan 02nd 2004
10982 posts
Sat Dec-03-22 11:33 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "Dysfunction gave us Rumors, so there's that"
In response to Reply # 2

To this day I don't know how they made that record, let alone have to tour for years with those songs about each other. But I dare anyone to say it isn't a masterpiece

<-- Dave Thomas knows what's up...

Jay: Look here homie, any nigga can get a hit record. This here is about respect.
Game: Like Gladys Knight.
Jay: Aretha Franklin.
Game: Word, I like her too.
Jay: Nigga...

kinetic94761180
Member since Jul 05th 2002
17857 posts
Thu Dec-01-22 04:58 PM

3. "r.i.p."
In response to Reply # 0

Rjcc is code for "bitch-ass troll"

DROkayplayer™

spidey
Charter member
13126 posts
Thu Dec-01-22 06:21 PM

4. "RE: r.i.p."
In response to Reply # 3

Sad news...legend from a legendary group...

Integrity is the Cornerstone of Artistry...

Lobby The Lesson topic #3040649 Previous topic | Next topic