Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3039948

Subject: "Janet Jackson - 25th Anniversary The Velvet Rope - Deluxe Edition" Previous topic | Next topic
c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13962 posts
Wed Oct-05-22 07:43 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Janet Jackson - 25th Anniversary The Velvet Rope - Deluxe Edition"

HOME
MUSIC
MUSIC NEWS

Janet Jackson Celebrates 25th Anniversary Of ‘The Velvet Rope’ With Deluxe Edition

For the first time, the Teddy Riley remix of "I Get Lonely" featuring Blackstreet will be available to stream.

BY MYA ABRAHAM

OCTOBER 5, 2022 11:17AM

Janet Jackson is gearing up to honor the 25th anniversary of her Grammy-winning album, The Velvet Rope.

On Friday (Oct. 7), the 56-year-old is releasing a new deluxe edition of the album with two bonus tracks, “Accept Me” and “God’s Stepchild,” plus long-awaited B sides and 13 new remixes will hit streaming platforms for the first time.

Fans can anticipate the digital arrival of songs like Teddy Riley’s TNT Remix of “I Get Lonely” featuring Blackstreet, the J. Dilla (Ummah Jay Dee) remix of “Got ‘Til It’s Gone,” and the Timbaland-Missy Elliott remix of “Go Deep.”

In tandem with the commemoration, remastered versions of “Go Deep,” “I Get Lonely,” “You,” “Got ’Til It’s Gone,” and “Together Again (Deeper Remix)” will be available on YouTube in HD.

The Velvet Rope debuted at No.1 on the Billboard 200 and produced two hits on the Billboard Hot 100. Not to mention, the visual for fan-favorite “Got ‘Til It’s Gone” featuring Joni Mitchell and Q-Tip won a Grammy for Best Short Form Music Video.

The Queens rapper hinted at a potential romance after collaborating on the record, but the mother of one has never addressed the rumors. However, Jackson did tease new music when she released her documentary earlier this year, and may be close to rescheduling her highly-anticipated Black Diamond Tour.

Relive the greatness of The Velvet Rope era below.

Got til it's gone

https://youtu.be/uznTHSEgx4U

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Gave it a spin yesterday….
Oct 05th 2022
This is probably the album I've smashed the most to.
Oct 09th 2022
Doesn’t look like there’s a physical?
Oct 09th 2022
Seems appropriate. Not sure if this is the version being released though
Oct 14th 2022

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18639 posts
Wed Oct-05-22 08:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Gave it a spin yesterday…."
In response to Reply # 0

and have probably played “Empty” about 25 times since. That’s gotta be one of her best songs. Knew all the singles by heart back then, and have heard the album, but don’t think I’ve ever discussed it or read others opinions on it.

Is it just me, or is Empty one of the best songs she ever made?

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49420 posts
Sun Oct-09-22 05:11 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "This is probably the album I've smashed the most to."
In response to Reply # 0

Or maybe best of Sade.
"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18639 posts
Sun Oct-09-22 07:03 PM

3. "Doesn’t look like there’s a physical?"
In response to Reply # 0

I’d probably cop the vinyl if there was any. Great album plus the Dilla remix of Got Til It’s Gone is on here? Take my money!

As it is, at least we can stream that Dilla remix. Some other gems here too. I did not know there was a Timbaland/Missy remix of Go Deep.

spenzalii
Member since Jan 02nd 2004
10982 posts
Fri Oct-14-22 08:18 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "Seems appropriate. Not sure if this is the version being released though"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CALflj5Ask

<-- Dave Thomas knows what's up...

Jay: Look here homie, any nigga can get a hit record. This here is about respect.
Game: Like Gladys Knight.
Jay: Aretha Franklin.
Game: Word, I like her too.
Jay: Nigga...

Lobby The Lesson topic #3039948 Previous topic | Next topic